Citrus+

By Gobukiii

Jeongyeon and Nayeon have been dating for a month. Their life goes on as it is; going to school, hanging out... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Citrus-
New book
Hi

Chapter 21

252 15 1
By Gobukiii

Jeongyeon's expression became stoic. Her eyes turned cold as she looked at Nayeon. A few seconds later, she stood up and looked away as she went to the corner.

"Please have her leave."

All of them were shocked. Even the maid who was pinning Nayeon down lost her grip on the poor girl as they sat up. Mr. Yoo and Jin looked at Nayeon with pity while Nayeon was staring at Jeongyeon's back.

The maid snapped out of her trance and grabbed Nayeon's arm, forcing her to go out of the dining room. "Alright, let's get you out of here, miss."

"N-no! Jeongyeon-ah, please!" The maid continued to drag her when Jin stepped in.

"No, wait! She's an acquaintance of mine." Jin stood up and rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled. "I apologize for the sudden outburst, but would you allow me to handle things here? Please excuse us for a moment." He politely said to the maid and she obliged.

Jin quickly went to help Nayeon get up. Nayeon's eyes were still glued at Jeongyeon's back as the latter was still standing on the corner with her arms crossed, her back facing everyone. Jin excused themselves from the dining room and guided Nayeon out. Nayeon met Mr. Yoo's eyes and her father nodded assuringly.

~~~~

"Nayeon-ssi, I—"

"I'm sorry boss! I'm really sorry!" Nayeon dipped her head down into a ninety-degree bow while Jin was caught off guard.

"H-huh?"

"It might cause you trouble, but... I need to tell Jeongyeon something no matter what!"

"Seokjin-ssi, I don't have anything to say to her. I would really like her to leave." A voice, Jeongyeon, was heard from inside the dining room. Jeongyeon was obviously behind the door eavesdropping on Nayeon and Jin.

"Jeongyeon-ah..."

Without hesitation, Jin opened the door, revealing Jeongyeon, who was holding her chest and looked really anxious. Jeongyeon was startled because of that. For the second time that night, Nayeon and Jeongyeon's eyes met. But this time, no one dared to break the stares.

It was the first time Nayeon had observed Jeongyeon again after three years. Nothing much changed. She just looked matured and thinner. Other than that, Jeongyeon still had her sharp jawline, small face, and gorgeous facial features, with her usual facial expression. Her hair was indeed shorter than what she had in high school, resting right below her shoulder, and was now dyed dark brown.

Nayeon smiled, "Jeongyeon-ah...," she called again and Jeongyeon finally looked away.

"Jeongyeon-ssi, I know it's been years but I know you've been waiting for this. Your sister is now here, finally have the determination to talk to you and see you again." Jeongyeon turned to Jin and she saw him smile. "I will give you two time to talk, so... will you please her out?"

Jeongyeon looked down, out of options, and nodded. She can't run away from Nayeon anymore. She expected Nayeon to come to her, but she didn't expect that it would happen after she decided to rush her wedding. She haven't prepared herself for that moment. The moment when Nayeon wants to talk to her again. But she don't know if Nayeon still wants her back.

~~~~

They were at the balcony of Jeongyeon's room. Jeongyeon was standing while resting her hand in the railings as she admires the view of the academy from their mansion. Nayeon was behind her, a distance away, observing how the latter's medium length hair flew on her side because of the wind.

They were out there for roughly ten minutes but no one dared to speak. It was a deafening silence, so Nayeon decided to talk first. She took a deep breath and called the younger girl as she took a step forward, "Jeongyeo—"

"Why did you come here?" Jeongyeon cut her off. "Just as you have read in the letter, I clearly stated that I want nothing to do with you. Just now, Seokjin-ssi and I were discussing about our engagement, so don't interfere in my affairs any longer."

Nayeon was not surprised anymore because this is what she imagined for Jeongyeon to react when they see each other again. But she's not gonna lie, it hurts.

Nayeon looked down and clenched on her pants. She pursed her lips, trying to stop the tears forming in her eyes to fall.

"Jeongyeon-ah. In the letter, you wrote that you wished for me go be happy with everyone. Remember? Reading that made me really happy,... but, if the Jeongyeon I love so much can't also be happy, then I don't want that happiness. Not only you, but also boss, eomma and appa, our friends, and everyone who supports us. I want to be happy with everyone." Nayeon said with sincerity.

She saw how Jeongyeon tensed up because of what she said. She thought it was a good sign, but no. Jeongyeon was clenching her fist on the railings.

"STOP BEING SO NAIVE!" Jeongyeon snapped as she trembled, still not facing Nayeon. She scoffed, "Be happy with everyone? All you ever do is speak nonsense! Something like that could never—"

"IT CAN!" Nayeon snapped back. "I know it may be difficult, but I realized something." She fidgeted as she slowly took steps forward. "I spent the last three years feeling troubled alone but... at times when you can't sort out your feelings, all you have to do is to talk to people around you." She put her hand on her chest and took more steps forward until she's two meters away from Jeongyeon. "Even if the possibility is low, that we can be together, I will never give up, Jeongyeon-ah! Because I know that it is possible!"

Jeongyeon was trembling. Tears started to form on her eyes as she lowered her head. She shut her eyes to prevent the tears from falling but it's no use.

"E-enough already..." Jeongyeon managed to whisper, loud enough for Nayeon to hear. "It doesn't matter what you say Nayeon-ssi. My feelings won't change." Nayeon was surprised with the sudden honorifics. "J-just... just leave... please..."

Silence. Only the rustling of the wind was heard. Nayeon wasn't able to speak. Her tears were flowing out of her eyes as she stared at Jeongyeon's trembling back.

But she won't give up. No matter how much Jeongyeon pushes her away, she won't give up. Now that she heard a certain tone from the latter when she spoke. The tone of longing  and sadness. She knows Jeongyeon was obviously forcing herself to push her away.

"Jeongyeon-ah," Nayeon called, breaking the silence. "Right now... do you hate me?"

The question caught Jeongyeon off guard.

Nayeon purposely asked it to know what Jeongyeon really feels right now. When Jeongyeon wasn't able to respond, Nayeon looked down in sadness. She was about to turn around and leave when she heard Jeongyeon whispered.

"I..." Jeongyeon turned around, and to Nayeon's surprise, unstoppable tears were flowing down on the younger girl's eyes. "I really... hate you!" She managed to say.

Nayeon got it now. She knows what Jeongyeon meant. She felt it. She was about to respond when Jeongyeon spoke again, but this time, louder.

"Do you know the amount of trouble I went through just to separate myself from you!? I had Jihyo and Mina give me more work in the student council in high school, moved out of our home, I even selfishly decided to rush my engagement just to avoid you!" Jeongyeon choked on her sobs.

There was one thing Nayeon had noticed while Jeongyeon was speaking- her hand was tightly clenched on her chest. She shrugged it off as she continued to listen to Jeongyeon's rants. She is finally hearing what Jeongyeon really feels after all these years.

"B-but no matter how much I pulled myself away from you... y-you just... you just won't disappear! Instead, the days thinking of you only increased..."

That's it. Nayeon couldn't take it anymore. She rushed her steps forward to Jeongyeon and grabbed her collar. Jeongyeon was caught off guard and absentmindedly placed her hand on Nayeon's arm, clenching on her shirt. Nayeon, on the other hand, unbuttoned two buttons of Jeongyeon's blouse. And she was right.

Nayeon saw the ring she gave Jeongyeon, hanging on the latter's neck with the same silver chain she bought. She couldn't believe Jeongyeon still has it. After all these years.

Nayeon looked up at Jeongyeon. The latter's eyes was closed, tears were still flowing down. Nayeon didn't waste any time and immediately hugged Jeongyeon. She wrapped her hands on the younger girl's neck tightly as she sobbed in happiness.

"All these years that we were apart... we felt the same pain. Almost like sisters!"

Nayeon felt Jeongyeon placed her hand on her back as she hugged her back with the same amount of pressure and longing. "I can't bear being only your 'sister'." The younger girl blurted out that made the older girl smile.

Nayeon found the locket of Jeongyeon's necklace. She unhooked it and pulls the ring out of the chain. She broke the hug and held the ring between her thumb and index finger as she held Jeongyeon's left hand.

"I may be idealistic, I immediately act without thinking, and I'm probably a crybaby older sister, but...," Nayeon paused as she wiped her tears and smiled. "...I vow that I will love you more than anyone in the entire world."

Jeongyeon stared her as she spoke. She saw how Nayeon's eyes glistened while she was talking. And now, after all these years, she realized one thing: Nayeon still loves her.

"Jeongyeon-ah... please, marry me."

Jeongyeon smiled in her tears. She squeezed Nayeon's hand before giving her a nod. For them, this was the happiest day of their lives.

Nayeon placed the ring back to Jeongyeon's fourth finger as the latter raised her left hand since she now knows which hand and finger the ring goes. The younger girl then pulled her for another hug as she buried her face on Nayeon's neck.

Both of them cried, but in tears of what they called happiness.

~~~~

Do you think everyone will understand the happiness we wish for?

Unnie... as long as we're together, it'll be okay.

~~~~

They went back inside, hand in hand, and was greeted by Jin and Mr. Yoo. As supportive as he was, Mr. Yoo explained his daughter's situation to Jin's parents and Jin helped him convince them to cancel the engagement. Fortunately, they agreed with no more further questions and arguments.

After that, Nayeon went to the kitchen to check Jihyo and Dahyun, only to see Jihyo washing the dishes as she mumbled curses while Dahyun massaging the old woman's shoulders while telling her made-up stories, which the old woman happily listened to.

They went back to the lobby where Jeongyeon and Mr. Yoo were waiting. Jihyo and Dahyun were happy as they told them what happened. They immediately called the rest of them to relay the good news.

Mr. Yoo offered a ride home for Jihyo and Dahyun, but Sejeong's driver was still waiting outside for them, so they declined.

Jeongyeon decided to go back to their apartment- their home. How she missed Mrs. Im and her home-cooked meals. When they got there, Mrs. Im was waiting in the living room. She immediately hugged Jeongyeon as soon as she saw her, telling her how much she missed her, which made Jeongyeon tear up. Nayeon and Mr. Yoo joined the embrace like a family they are.

Jeongyeon loved this feeling. Now, she knows that she's home.

~~~~

"At any rate, you sure were quick to mention marriage, unnie." Jeongyeon teased.

They were inside their room. Nayeon was sprawled up on their bed while Jeongyeon was sitting on her swivel chair.

They were sharing the same room they used to share back then. Nothing much had changed. Nayeon still used their old bed when Jeongyeon left. Jeongyeon's old cabinet and desk, which was placed in the corner of the room when she left, was back in its old location. There were two mannequins inside the room that Nayeon uses for her project designs for her course and a big cabinet for her tools and fabrics. There were also some posters and calendars pasted on the walls. Jeongyeon was proud of what Nayeon had become, even after she left.

Jeongyeon smirked as she turned around to face Nayeon.

Nayeon was taken aback of what the younger girl said and immediately sat up. "W-why not? I- I mean... it might be possible in the near future..." She stuttered, making Jeongyeon giggle. "Besides, aren't you the one who said to walk tall with unfounded confidence?"

"... you're right."

Jeongyeon stood up from her chair and sat down beside Nayeon. She placed her hand on top of the older girl's hand as she stared at Nayeon's dark orbs. This brought confusion to Nayeon.

"Nayeon..." Jeongyeon called and started to lean in. She released Nayeon's hand to cup her face and finally, after three years, she got to taste Nayeon's lips again.

It was the kind of kiss that was equal parts question and statement. Hard enough to feel the pressure, but soft enough to make Nayeon question if this was really happening. Long enough for her realize that it was real, but short enough to make her wonder if she had imagined it when Jeongyeon pulled away.

The taste of Jeongyeon's strawberry lip balm lingered on her lips.

Without any second, Jeongyeon pulled her back in for another kiss. Jeongyeon slowly pushed Nayeon down until the older girl's back met the mattress, landing with a thud.

"Jeo— w-wait..."  No matter how much she missed Jeongyeon's lips, she would always keep in mind that there's a limit to everything. She may not want to let go of Jeongyeon's lips, but she also needed to breathe.

Jeongyeon obliged and sad up on Nayeon's torso, basically straddling her. Nayeon's hand stayed on Jeongyeon's waist as she stared up at her.

Jeongyeon couldn't keep her eye contact, so she looked away and closed her eyes before sighing. Her heart was beating rapidly and it may get out of her chest if she didn't say what she really wanted to say for these past years.  She opened her eyes seconds later and stared back at Nayeon.

"I love you."

For the first time in their relationship, Jeongyeon managed to say those three words without stuttering.

Nayeon's eyes were wide open. She still couldn't process what she just heard and she wanted to cry out of happiness. Silence engulfed them for a minute.

When Jeongyeon didn't hear any response or reaction from the older girl, she got up and went back to sit on her swivel chair as she rolled her way back to her desk, her back facing the bed.

"Never mind that. Sorry... saying that while being forceful doesn't really get the meaning across, right? Pretend you didn't hear anything."

Not that she forced herself to say it, she just said it to save herself from embarrassment. Why did she say that if she didn't know Nayeon still loves her? Oh, wait, she proposed to her a while ago, but she didn't say she still loves her.

Many things have changed in these past three years after she left. Maybe one of them is Nayeon's feelings.

She sighed in disappointment and continued to review her paperworks when she felt her chair was spun around forcefully. Nayeon didn't waste any time and pulled Jeongyeon in for a tight embrace.

"I've waited for so long to hear that from you!  I don't think you forced yourself to say that, Jeongyeon-ah. We're old enough to know our feelings, and I think you realized it by the time you left me."

Nayeon broke the hug and crouched down in front of Jeongyeon, caressing the younger girl's ring while her other hand cupped Jeongyeon's face. Jeongyeon couldn't help but lean into the older girl's touch.

"I never got to tell you this when I proposed." Nayeon kissed the back of Jeongyeon's hand and smiled. "I love you. Too." Both of them giggled. Happy and contented to have each other again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 6.1K 72
❝ Can you sacrifice your love for revenge? ❞ SANA X TZUYU [SATZU] FANFICTION 2021 Date Started: February 3, 2021 COMPLETED!!!! August 30, 2021
285K 8.5K 63
Chaeyoung and her best friend have been friends for over ten years. Chaeyoungs life change after a single night, she falls in love with her best frie...
6.8K 142 10
You are in a very wealthy family but your uncle from Korea asks you to come up to help him with his company and be his assistant. You meet some very...
19K 932 14
'is she- is she about to kiss me? Is she about to kiss me?!' Her eyes moved rapidly from her eyes to her lips, how could that be happening. Chaeyoung...