Wife Can't Escape

By PrezylMaeSaguibo

Song Luan transmigrated into a book called "The Powerful Minister" and became the wife of the Male Lead. In t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 18

9.6K 323 2
By PrezylMaeSaguibo

He's not really hungry. He just didn't want his mother to talk to his aunt.

Song Yu pretended not to see his nephew's rejection of her. She stooped to approach him, and whispered, "Auntie has delicious food. Do you want to go? "

The child encircled Song Luan's neck, and didn't open his eyes. He is indifferent to Song Yu's kind smile. "I want to eat the cake made by my mother. "

Song Luan chuckled a little, and soon she was back to normal. She always kept three points of arrogance in front of the people of the Song family. "Fourth younger sister, go back if you have nothing to do. Don't make fun of yourself here. "

This was not pleasant to hear, but it was something that the original owner can say.

Song Yu thought that the temper of third sister was a little bit better than before, but now she didn't think so. Her mouth was as sharp as ever, and her bitter character was really annoying!

She was so angry that she had to swallow her stomach after almost breaking her teeth. She had suffered a lot from Song Luan. This elder sister was not only unkind, but when she was angry, this sister had slapped her face and grabber her hair. It was really not easy to provoke.

If it wasn't for her motive of investigating, Song Yu would not come and see her. When did she ever see her quiet?

She smiled stiffly. "This sister doesn't mind so much. "

After Song Yu left, Song Luan went to Auntie Lin with her son in her arms. As she walked along the way, she said, "Son, I'll make cakes for you once we arrive home, okay?"

If she cooked in front of Aunt Lin or other people in the Song family, she may frighten them all to death. They might think there's something wrong with her brain.

Little Zhao calmed down, and was very good now. He'll do whatever she says, "Okay. "

Aunt Lin had just come back from the kitchen and cooked the lotus seed soup herself. She was about to bring it to her daughter when Song Luan came. Aunt Lin also saw her grandson on her shoulder.

"Oh, little Zhao is awake. Come here. Grandma just cooked it. It's fragrant and sweet."

Aunt Lin treated little Zhao well. She had never been attentive or harsh to him. The child looked more like his father. He didn't talk much. He was obedient. This kind of grandson was not often seen. But, she could only care about her daughter, so her attention was not really towards her grandson.

Her daughter was her own family, but her grandson's surname was Zhao.

When he got off the ground, he climbed up to the table and said thank you politely. Then he picked up the bowl and took a taste.

It's sweet. It's very sweet.

Song Luan sat down beside him and took a taste. She almost spit out the soup. It was too sweet!

Aunt Lin looked at her with expectant eyes and asked, "Luan Bao, is it delicious?"

Luanbao was Song Luan's nickname. Aunt Lin liked to call her that when she was very young. When she grew up, she would cry and throw tantrums and refused to be called by that name. But occasionally, Aunt Lin would use this name once or twice.

Song Luan swallowed hard the soup in her mouth and said, "It's delicious."

The original owner liked sweet food, but she didn't.

Aunt Lin beamed and said contentedly, "I knew you would like it. No one in the Zhao family can make it. Drink more. There are plenty in the kitchen. "

"Mom, I know. "

Song Luan almost swallowed a bowl of lotus seed soup. Her mouth was full of the sweet and greasy taste. Her head and throat hurt. She quickly drank a glass of water to relieve the soreness.

Little Zhao drank a whole bowl and didn't feel uncomfortable. Song Luan was curious and asked him, "Do you like it? Is it delicious? "

He nodded. "Delicious. "

He didn't lie to her. He really like to think it's delicious.

If you remember, Little Zhao and Zhao Nanyu both don't like sweet foods. So when Song Luan asked her how it taste and little Zhao replied that it was delicious. He fully convinced himself that it was delicious (tho he doesn't like sweet things), so he's not considered as lying. Get it?

Song Luan giggled, "Are you still hungry?"

He shook his head. "I'm full. "

Song Luan was afraid that his stomach would hurt, so she quickly took away the plate in front of him. "It's good to eat just enough."

***

Zhao Nanyu was talking to his father-in-law.

The reason why Song Lian was quite high in the court was that he was 'simple and honest'. Of course, half of this kind of simple and honest was just pretend. He was the backbone of the Song family, so he was naturally careful.

He was not satisfied with Zhao Nanyu, his son-in-law.

Officials in the court were more or less snobbish. Based on his many years of experience in the court, he determined that Zhao Nanyu would not make much achievements in the court in the future. After all, he was his son-in-law. Even if he was not satisfied, he wouldn't mention it. Moreover, these years, he had been ridiculed because of his daughter. It should be regarded as compensation.

Zhao Nanyu handed over the birthday gift he prepared to Song Lian. It was received by the housekeeper standing beside Song Lian. His father-in-law didn't even plan to see it. He thought he wouldn't be able to bring anything of high value.

"I have also heard about the foolish things that Ah Luan did. Please be more tolerant of her and don't worry so much." Song Lian said, thinking of her daughter's private meeting with a man two months before.

Zhao rubbed his lips, "I know."

Song Lian also felt that he, himself, was terrible. No matter what Song Luan did, he didn't think it was her fault.

"I'm relieved that you are like this. It is the best for the family."

Zhao Nanyu stood and his hands was on his back. His body was lean. His eyes fell down and covered the emotion in his eyes. The sunlight shining inward hit him, and his delicate eyebrows looked gentle.

"Yes. "

Song Lian didn't say a word to him at all and just asked him a few questions as usual before he sent him away.

Glossary:

Zhao Chao – He's the relative closest to Zhao Nanyu. If you don't remember, he's the teacher/uncle of little Zhao who appeared briefly in chapter 1 and chapter 8.Zhao Wenyan (nickname 'Ayan') – He's Zhao's Nanyu's younger brother from another mother (which is the current wife of his father). To spike your memory, this guy here, is the one who fell in love with the original Song Luan. He dedicated all his life to find a remedy for Song Luan's poison. And when Song Luan died, he didn't recover and died after.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Translated by: Tinker

Zhao Nanyu walked out of the main hall. He saw a lot of acquaintances in the courtyard. Many colleagues from Dali temple came. After greeting each other, he went to the backyard.

The day passed quickly, and it was evening in a flash.

Zhao Nanyu and Song Luan plan to leave after dinner at the Song's house. For the first time, Song Luan had not quarreled with her sisters. It was better to be safe and quiet. After eating the meal quietly, she didn't intend to talk to other people nor deliberately look for troubles.

In the past few years, Song Luan could not help but stab them with shap words every year. The original owner thought that their laughter was mocking her, so when she saw her sisters laughing, she would use sharp words against them, and would not give up until both of them were hurt.

Once they were about to go home, it was only Aunt Lin who was unwilling.
She sent her to the carriage while crying. She treated Zhao Nanyu beside her as air, wiped her tears and said, "Ah Luan, if you are unhappy in Zhao's family, you can go back to your mother's house. Anyone can be wrong, but you can't be wrong."

Song Luan couldn't laugh or cry, "Mother, go back."

After all kinds of guarantees, she sent Aunt Lin away, and only then did she notice to care for Zhao Nanyu. She turned to look at him and couldn't help her curiosity. She asked, "What did my father tell you? "

Zhao Nanyu replied, "He asked some common things, and didn't say anything else. "

The expression on his face was distant and indifferent.

Song Luan calmed down a little "Oh."

The carriage stopped on the way. Song Luan opened the curtain and looked out curiously. There was a carriage in front of them, which happened to block their way.

Song Luan looked for a while and was about to put down the curtain when a man came out the gorgeous carriage opposite to them. She decided to take a look, and could see that it was Zhao Chao–the uncle who was close to her son.

Zhao Chao came straight to their carriage and yelled from outside, "Second Brother."

Zhao Nanyu got out of the carriage. "Why are you here? "

Zhao Chao smiled, and his handsome face suddenly became vivid. Today, he was dressed in crescent-colored straight embellishment, which looked quite elegant. He replied, "I went out with Ayan to drink wine. Who knew that I would ran into my second brother. "

Zhao Nanyu frowned, and his face was full of disapproval. He whispered, "Don't take him to drink next time. He is still young. "

Zhao Wenyan was only 17 years old. Although they didn't have the same mother, Zhao Nanyu couldn't help but also be strict with him.

Zhao Chao seemed to guess what he would say, so he showed a vague smile, "You can't always stay at home and read. What can you do if you are stupid?" Then he said, "Let's go, older brother. We haven't had a drink together for a long time."

Zhao Nanyu turned over and said in a deep voice, "There are still people in the carriage. "

Zhao Chao made a sudden realization, "Is she there, too? "

Zhao Nanyu nodded.

Zhao Chao remembered that today was his second brother's father-in-law's birthday. No wonder they took a carriage together.

He smiled and didn't care. "Then take her with you."

Zhao Chao also heard that the feelings between his second brother and her seem to be different these days. They even go out together.

Zhao Nanyu thought for a moment, then nodded to answer, "Okay."

He lifted the curtain and said to Song Luan, who was in a daze, "Come down. "

Song Luan listened to him in a trance, and only after getting off the carriage did she know what he was going to do.

Since the time she got drunk, Song Luan vowed never to drink in front of him again, but this time Zhao Nanyu didn't give her a chance to refuse.

He told the coachman to take little Zhao home first, and then grabbed her wrist and went to a restaurant.

Zhao Chao booked a private room in advance and sat by the window. When he opened the window, she could see the deep lake not far away. On the dark blue lake, there were colorful river lights.

When going to the restaurant, several men turned heads to look at her. She had a gorgeous makeup, and the color of her clothes were bright enough. Her beauty and excessive facial features became more beautiful with the makeup applied.

It's no surprise that men stared her.

Zhao Wenyan sat next to the window with his face in sight. Seeing Song Luan coming in behind Zhao Nanyu, he snorted twice. He was quite dissatisfied. He almost asked why she had come??!

Song Luan's head hurts. Compared with Zhao Chao, the smiling tiger,
she was more reluctant to see Zhao Wenyan.

In case this person was the same in the original novel, it would be bad if he fell in love with her in the future!

As soon as Song Luan sat down, Zhao Chao pushed over a glass of wine and looked at her with a smile. He was as cunning as a fox, and said, "I'd like to offer you a toast, sister-in-law. "

Zhao Nanyu suddenly took the cup in her hand and said, "You eat something first to fill your stomach."

Then he looked up and drank the wine for her.

Song Luan was flattered and began to nibble at the cakes.

The smile on Zhao Chao's lips suddenly became meaningful. It seemed that the feelings of the second brother and the second sister-in-law had really improved.

Could it be that second brother started to like her? As soon as this idea came out, Zhao Chao laughed.

Although he couldn't see through his second brother, he didn't think he would like Song Luan.

And Zhao Chao felt that Song Luan might not live long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 467 65
He Xiaoyun transmigrated in the 70s and became the mother of the hero in a book. The feats of the old lady in her youth were endless: Pretended to fa...
31 0 30
He Mengxia, a primary school teacher, resided in the distant relative Cui's home and also served as the coach of his family. Cui's widowed wife, Bai...
278K 7.7K 35
Han Nana mother abandoned her when she were 4 years old. A couple took care of her. They were kind and treat her like their own daughter. But one d...
1.4K 38 13
Hua Jingfei's family was killed by the emperor and she was forced to stay in the palace and help the maids. One day a prince came to take the emperor...