Wife Can't Escape

By PrezylMaeSaguibo

Song Luan transmigrated into a book called "The Powerful Minister" and became the wife of the Male Lead. In t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 11

10.4K 351 0
By PrezylMaeSaguibo

Song Luan also knew that her performance was not on par with the original owner, but what could she do?! Knowing the ending, should she just continue to wait until the male lead kills her? Was she desperate?

She can be domineering, but in front of Zhao Nanyu, she was absolutely afraid.

Her husband's voice was very natural, and his movements were as smooth as clouds and flowing water, no flaws were seen. Zhao Nanyu knew but had not exposed her in her little performance. He casually grasped her wrist, pulled her to his side, and asked with interest, "?"

Mostly used to prove the solemnity of an oath.

Song Luan knew just how false her promised was, and how guilty she was! She hugged him and refused to let go. She clenched her teeth and pretended not to hear him.

Seeing that she didn't answer for a long time, Zhao Nanyu's tone was not as calm as it was in the beginning. He sneered, "Speak."

Song Luan had a bitter face and flashed all kinds of emotions in her eyes. She sniffed and stuttered, "People change... I have only recently realized these thoughts. I... I.. I didn't lie to you anyway."

Zhao Nanyu said to her, "What do you think of me?"

She said with a smile, "I admire you."

It's not a lie. She really admired Zhao Nanyu because although he was ruthless, he still shows affections towards his child.

Song Luan tugged the corner of his clothes and looked up at him. "Let's go. We need to wait for our son."

She was anxious to leave this place. Who knows what more will Zhao Bo say to slander her?

Zhao Nanyu stroked her back with his fingers. He looked at Zhao Bo indifferently and smiled, "Don't worry. Let's listen to it again."

Oh! Song Luan gave him a thumbs on her heart. His tolerance capacity was really strong.

Zhao Bo chattered over and over about Zhao Nanyu's mother, and mocked his origin.

Song Luan discovered a terrible thing. Even when he was humiliated by his relatives behind his back, he still had a shallow smile on his face. She could not see what he was thinking.

After listening enough, Zhao Nanyu lead Song Luan's hand out of the back garden. When they got to the main courtyard, he released her hand.

Song Luan looked at his back and frowned, unable to restrain her curiosity. She boldly called him, "Zhao Nanyu"

The man was standing in the sun, looking fare and transparent. When he turned around, his dark eyes were fixed on her, waiting for her next words.

Song Luan asked, "Are you not angry?"

He must have known that Zhao Bo had said a lot of bad things about him before. Today, he ran into Zhao Bo and didn't tear him. He was exposed yet he was indifferent. It's a pity to think about it.

Zhao Nanyu's pupils seemed to ripple with layers of water that could not be seen through. She felt flustered when she saw them, and he smiled back, "Not angry."

Song Luan shuddered inexplicably. His aura was so cold. She really admired his ability to tell lies without his eyes wavering. Who believes? She doesn't believe him anyway.

At the moment, she felt that the smile on the corner of his mouth was really piercing.

In the evening of that day, Song Luan heard the news that, Zhao Bo, who mocked Zhao Nanyu this afternoon, was beaten by the Old man with a crutch. Now, he was still kneeling in the ancestral hall and still didn't come out.

She thought to herself that most of this was done by Zhao Nanyu. This man's mouth was full of tricks, and he was not willing to be the one losing.

Obviously, she didn't have the capablities to set up Zhao Bo to be punished.

However, from what she heard, Zhao Nanyu didn't get any benefits out of it. She didn't know what he had done. Zhao Nanyu was punished by the Old man to copy the family law ten times. Song Luan had the honor to see the law of Zhao family once. It was a long volume which was enough to be copied once. If he copied it ten times, she felt distressed for Zhao Nanyu's hand.

Song Luan had no opinion towards Zhao Nanyu. His means were not too bright and showy. Afterall, he couldn't help himself, his father and his stepmother didn't love him. He could only use dirty tricks since he didn't have any power.

She was more worried about her own situation. Although Zhao Nanyu was friendly to her and sleeps beside her, most of those times were not sincere. They were all pretend. It was no use sitting and waiting for her to die like before. She still had to take the initiative and win back Zhao Nanyu's affection.

Song Luan still remembered that in the later period of the book 'The Powerful Minister', the author described Zhao Zhi's value for Zhao Nanyu with great detail.

It was only in his first years of power that he began to show his ruthless side. He was only three points gentle in front of his own son. He hated the original owner, yet very good towards his son.

Three points gentle means he's very gentle!

He loved his son so much that even in the end of the book, he did not have any other children.

So, Song Luan decided to do a good job in her relationship with her son, Zhao Zhi. Even without her motive, she sincerely wanted to know her son better. The blood relationship was so magical. It's as if she really experienced the period of carrying Zhao Zhi in her stomach before.

It was getting late. The sunset glow in the distant sky was visibly bright red.

Song Luan stretched out her waist, stood under the corrider, and casually asked the servant girl beside her, "Where is the kitchen?"

The servant girl was stunned. She didn't understand what the Madam wanted to do. After a few seconds, she came back and said, "It's on the west side of the house."

Song Luan nodded, "Take me there."

As a young woman who lived for a long time, the only think she can do was cooking. It especially ranged from sweet to spicy flavors. She was self-taught.

The servant girl timidly led her to the kitchen door, and Song Luan went inside by herself. The people in the kitchen were shocked when they saw her. The cook didn't like very much. In the past, the original owner was picky to the point that he had to toss away people just so he could satisfy her tastes.

Song Luan coughed twice, trying to keep calm, and said slowly, "Is there a vacant stove? I want to use it."

The cook laughed with a snort. Does she know how to cook? Was she not afraid that she'll be laughed at?

Song Luan was not upset. Instead, she patiently waited for a reply.

"Young madam, of course there's a stove."

Cook Fu pointed to the one beside him, his face expresionless, "You can use it."

The people in the kitchen were glad that they had just cooked their dinner. Otherwise, the unreasonable second young lady would bring trouble for them.

Song Luan rolled up her sleeves, told people to prepare the ingredients and stood in front of the stove to start working.. She feels that her little bun likes to eat sweet and delicious pastries. This time, she planned to make some for him.

Osmanthus, sugar, and flour were in front of her.

Song Luan skillfully mixed the flour and cut it into small pieces of dough. Then, she kneaded it into the shape of a small flower and animal with her hands. It looked very lovely.

The smooth movement was noticeable. Even the cook stopped his work and watched her. His eyes were shocked. He can't believe that she can really make it well. The way of kneading the shapes didn't seem to be to new to her.

Some groups of people were thinking that they have seen a ghost.

After steaming the sweet osmanthus cake, Song Luan did not bring trouble to the kitchen. She said politely, "You are all busy. I will go first."

She went straight to the front yard with her food box in her hand, while humming a small tune.

In fact, it was very pitiful that her son could only sit in Zhao Nanyu's study and play with dull toys without any company. Fortunately, he was sensible enough to not feel bored even if he only plays with those things. He was patient, just like his father.

The window pane in the study was facing the desk. Zhao Nanyu was standing at the desk with a brush in his hand. He was copying ever word. After copying the whole afternoon, he didn't feel pain in his hand, or even thought of stopping.

[Knock Knock Knock] Song Luan knocked politely before entering.

"Who?" The word was so cold that it hit her head on like a stone wrapped in ice.

Song Luan was stunned. She felt strange. Is Zhao Nanyu here? She thought only her son was practicing his own handwriting. If she knew he was here, she wouldn't have come.

"It's me."

"Come in." The tone of these words were not gentle.

She opened the door and smelt a sharp fragrance, which appearead to be coming from the small incense burner on the table.

Her son was sitting on the soft couch, holding a small wooden toy in his hand. His expression was simple with his delicate face full of innocence. The big black eyes looked straight at her.

Song Luan's heart would always sprout every time she saw her little bun.

"Why are you here?" Zhao Nanyu put down his brush and walked straight to her.

Song Luan raised the food box in her hand. "I made cakes for little Zhao and brought them for him to eat."

She looked like a fox who came to ask for credit. She was a little silly in her playfulness.

Zhao Nanyu's eyes were dark, with a deep smile on the corner of his eyes. He asked slowly, "Did you do it yourself?"

"Why don't I remember that you can cook?"

"When did you learn how to cook?"

In fact, Zhao Nanyu didn't doubt anything. He only guessed that Song Luan took the cakes made by others, and did these to please him.

The series of questions smashed Song Luan. In the face of Zhao Nanyu's deep eyes, her knee suddenly felt a little soft.

She wanted to run.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

817 32 40
The full-level boss Lu Jingzhi crossed over. Start with a thatched cottage, with three family members attached. Lu Jingzhi gnawed on the bun and clen...
1.3M 41.2K 113
Su Ran, a music prodigy, woke up transmigrated into a book. At that point in time, the main story arc in the book had already been completed. As a vi...
158 50 34
Gu Mian transmigrated as the female partner of the popular novel "I'm So Popular". The original owner disliked the fact that the male lead came from...
41.4K 688 20
Dong Jiahui, the daughter of the Dong family, was kicked out of the house by the Lu family because she had been married for three years and was unabl...