Off Script Story | āœ”

By Ink_dreams09

| FEATURED | "Do you guys know each other? Great." "You both look amazingly charming together." I gritted, l... More

Introduction
Prologue
1 - New Start
2 - Interview
3 - Unexpected Encounter
4 - Love at first sight?
5 - Chaos in the studio
6 - Invitation to a Party
7 - Poles Apart
8 - Sibling diaries
9 - Party and Makeover
10 - Ms. Monkey and Mr. Idiot
11- A mission to play
12- A Sudden Offer
13- A Few Secrets
14- Looking after you
15 - The guy next door
16- Past and Present
17- Broken rules
18- Rumours and other things
19- Dramatic Auditions
20- Game of Destiny
21- Fake it all the way
22- Clearing Stage 1
23- The Wrong Angle
25- Birthday Ride
26- Sweet and Salty
27- You make me worried
28- Thank you Saviour
29- An excuse to meet
30 - Being Good
31- Friends?
32- Keyring made of promises
33- First times
34- Feast gone wrong
35- Drawing the line
36- Future Husband
37 - Let's call it love
38- Unexpected twist
39 - Lovers under the Moon
40- Lights, Camera, Love
41- Parcels for Date
42- Not all are roses
43- Behind the scenes
44- It's a wrap up
45- Family reunion
46- Don't say Goodbye
47- Long Distance Love
48- Danger Alarm
49- Do you remember?
50- Make the Choice
51- Leave because it hurts
52- The Game of Hearts
53- Pick your Sides
54- Loved you
55- Plans Prospering
56- The Best Revenge
57- The Beautiful Days
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter- Her Soulmate
New Story!

24- Love for Show

728 105 53
By Ink_dreams09

Ajay

Was that even real? Or was I dreaming?

I ruffled my hair as I sighed deeply. Cookie wagged her tail as she jumped onto my lap. "My little baby. How were you? Look what I brought for you! Peanut butter!" She stuck her tongue out as I showed her the packet.

After serving her favourite food to her, I walked towards the balcony. Taking a deep breath, I stood pondering upon the look test. That accidental kiss.

I turned towards her flat. Why did that kiss have to happen? So awkward. I averted my eyes but still, I couldn't forget her terrified and startled face. Her big round eyes when she realized what happened.

I blinked as I recalled all the events in these past days. Is this all just a coincidence? Don't overthink. This is just that. Nothing else.

I told myself what I wished to believe before I called Lina. " Hello, bhaiya."

" Hello Lina, how are you?"

" Fine. How about you and Maya didi?" She asked, enthusiastically.

" Ha… Again Maya," I sighed, showing my disappointment at her," Well, she is good and so am I."  

" That's good. So how did the look test go? Yay or nay!" I could hear her shriek from the other end, almost confirming herself that it was all good. Suddenly, the kiss scene played in front of me like a movie and I quickly snapped myself out of those silly thoughts.

" Everything went fine."

" Hmm… but what I am hearing, bhaiya? Is this true?" She asked with a questioning tone.

" Depends on what you are hearing." I walked up and down the balcony, watching the moonlight touch the window seal.

" Bhaiya, don't pretend like you don't know. You and Maya didi's rumour is going viral like wildfire. And I am not a kid anymore. Tell the truth. Are you both faking it? For the media? As far as I know, you both are definitely like fire and snow. I cannot believe in them, however much I want to."

Somehow, she got to know the truth behind all this show. I didn't know how but she did and now I can't keep pretending dumb which I had been doing these few days since this drama started.

" Ah… right. But don't tell anyone. This must be a secret between us. This is for your Maya didi and our film." Now, this sounded weird for some reason.

" Okie. But promise to take care of Maya didi and bring chocolates for me, please."

I nodded even though she couldn't see me and replied, " Okay, sister. Study hard and your wish will be fulfilled. Till then, goodbye."

" Studies, again! Then I won't get the chocolates for sure. Fine, Goodbye." I chuckled at her disappointed voice and hung up the call. After giving the last glimpse of her flat, I got inside with a smile lingering on my face but still, my worries didn't get washed off.

★★★

Maya

" Great job guys."

It was a fulfilling day even though I had to work with that demonic, idiotic guy for the whole three hours; even though I had no time to rest up; even though I was constantly changing my dresses for the couple photoshoot for the film's purpose. 

I am still happy even if you don't agree with me; I am happy with no accidents and no drama, at least till now. The biggest thing was that they selected me as the final after judging the look test. 

In their words, " They are a picture-perfect couple. So cute!" 

But I highly doubt that. At which angle did we look good? What a joke! 

At the same time, I am happy because if not for this, I would've gotten into trouble.

Everyone had been staring at us even if we made it clear about the kiss being 'accidental'. Today we even met the whole cast members, including the second leads and sidekick characters, except the actors who have cameo and passerby roles.

I sat across from the director and producer sir with Ajay beside me. "Maya, as a debut actor we need to tell you about this. If there is anything you want to do with the script or your role, you can consult us without any fear. And also that the film shoot will begin in three weeks from now. So you have time to go through your roles and prepare yourself."

A while later, almost all left the studio but this wasn't it. As we came across the paparazzi, I gave a gentle smile with nervousness, still not used to this new kind of attention. Seeing them just reminds me of that news and how they made anything out of a small thing.

As I tried to put on a constant smile while thinking of getting out of this, I felt a hand from the back covering my right arm and the next second I turned to see Ajay standing on my left.

As I stared at him, he effortlessly gave a smile to the paparazzi, posing for the camera.

" Sir, look here... Ma'am, please here."

The shouts and screams caught my attention, as I turned toward the camera. Realizing that this was the cue, we stood closer to each other, posing and smiling.

As we were about to walk our way out, we heard the paparazzi asking, " Is it true that you both are dating?"

" I heard that rumour too. We are close friends but who knows, maybe?" He gave a naughty smirk to them, still holding my arm. It was weird how I felt something in my stomach as he said those words.

" So how is the shooting going on? Can we expect some news?"

" You can. But it is still a surprise. The film is going to go on the floor in a few weeks. That is all for now."

" So, Maya ma'am," one of them said, grabbing my attention, " How was your experience till now?"

I smiled, took a deep breath and replied, "Everyone supported me a lot and I will try to give my best. That is all I can say right now." Giving them a final glance, we walked away. He led me, still holding my arms.

He hugged me as soon as we came near his parked car. I was caught off guard by the sudden action. " Don't budge," he whispered into my ears when I was about to give him a tight slap on his cheek.

I clenched my fist and hardly attempted to hug him back. " Let me see you at home," I whispered back, gritting my teeth. I felt him tense up, soon pulling away from the hug. His eyes wavered as I gave him a wide smile to cover my anger. How dare he touch me like that, without my consent! You are so dead, Ajay!

I waved my hands at him before getting inside my booked cab. This time I had made my preparations early. Giving him a last look, I got inside.

★★★

" Why did you do that? Ajay Sharma, stop. I am asking you something." I was running after the guy who I would rather bury underground. I felt that there is room for a change and we can actually be in a better way, without showing violence to each other but now, I think we are back to square one. Hate.

I just hate this guy.

Once again, my DMs were filled with a hundred messages and calls from relatives and random people I am rarely aware of. Well, the news made headlines before as well but now they were confirmed about our relationship. 

" Maya, we planned to tell the media about our dating as a PR strategy. So what happened now?" He huffed and breathed hard while running around his room.

" But not like this. You should've asked me. Consent is important," I shouted back.

" Like you care a lot about consent. When you broke into my house, did you think of this consent at that time?" He ran towards the door and went out of his house just as I was about to catch him. Swiftly making my way out of the house, I saw him running upstairs, probably to the terrace.

I ran behind him to get a hold of him and soon we both reached the terrace. In the dark terrace with a small bulb lighting the half-end of the terrace, it was hard to even see anything. " Are you stupid? Look at this news. Do you have any idea?" I shoved the news from the far end, still trying to catch him while he was quite a bit ahead of me.

" Stop running. It wasn't me but you who agreed to the PR stunt first. Now you should cooperate, Maya."

I almost caught him when he was backing away, without noticing the stone in the middle, making me trip over it. I closed my eyes in fear. Why didn't I fall? What is this?

I opened my eyes slowly to see my hands holding the collar of Ajay who held the back of my head. My body pressed against his and I felt his warm breaths on my face. I saw my other hand clasping his sleeves.

My lips parted and my shock was too great to make me numb. I stared into his pair of black orbs which looked at my brown ones. I looked down feeling flustered all of a sudden.

I tried to look around and I was startled to see the huge wall in front of me. I turned back at Ajay to see his eyes wavering as he pulled away. He blinked and sighed. " You okay? Don't worry you are alive," he said with a deadpan face as I was checking on myself.

" See, Maya I understand you are worried but don't give them so much priority. You are still going to be the Maya you are." I gulped and soon, my eyes fell on his hand. He shook his hand that was holding my head before,  covering it with his other hand.

I pulled his hand with a jerk making him leave a cry of pain from his mouth. He was caught off guard by the sudden action. Under the dim light, I saw the red blood covering his fingers.

" How did this happen?" My voice came out high-pitched with shock after seeing his blood-soaked fingers. As I pressed them to check, he let out another cry, startling me.

"What the— it hurts."

" Come with me." I pulled his other hand, taking him down, inside my house. He tried to protest but soon followed me. After getting inside with the two pairs of eyes, glancing at us and making their own conclusions, I went inside my room and made him sit on the chair next to my bed.

" Why did you bring me here? "

" Because you shouldn't sit on a young girl's bed." I can't believe I was joking with him at this time. He looked at me suspiciously as I pulled out the first aid box from the locker.

I have no idea why I am doing this. Or why I am feeling like this. Is it because you were hurt because of me? I don't know. I still hate you, right? I am confused.

I wrapped the bandage around his fingers after washing off his wound. I didn't look up to see his face right now and didn't even want to. I am already embarrassed enough. But I felt an alien feeling inside my chest. I blinked my eyes to avoid the wrong idea. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him leaning on his other hand, pressing on the table next to him.

I got up from my seat after finishing my job. Yes, it is better to say it is my job because I can't say anything to explain why I treated the wounds of my soul enemy. 

" Maya, why did you-," he stopped suddenly, thinking for a while, before saying, " Thank you." I looked up at him, shocked that he didn't ask me the reason behind my action. But I am glad he didn't. 

" Sorry. I have been stupid." Did I just admit my stupidness in front of him? My low volume voice became silent as I pondered upon my own words.

He looked at me with wide eyes as he said, "Wow. Good that you admitted the fact, monkey." I raised my eyebrows at him as he chuckled.

" Thank you," he said once again, before making his way out of the room. He turned and said, " Don't be so flustered. It is good to admit the wrong that one commits." He roused my temper as I bit my lips, controlling myself.

" Leave right now," I yelled. I pushed him out but it somehow touched his wound, making him wince. Startled, I backed away before he showed off his heart-melting smile. " Maya, why don't we forget the past grudges. Can we?"

" Nope. I am good and I still hate you."

His smile ceased as he grimaced, " Tsk… Mutual feelings."

" Better. Don't forget we are lovey-dovey just on screen," I said as he nodded before going inside his house. As I got a notification, I looked at my phone to see it.

CONFIRMED NEWS! Ajay is secretly dating his co-star, Maya Padwal.

I scoffed before turning off my phone. I groaned with rage as I stomped inside my room.

The end question of the day:

Am I good with Ajay?

Nope, and I am still mad at him. And whatever I did was just my job. My job.

~•~

Hope you all are doing well!

How was the chapter?

Please do vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 1.1K 33
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢...
3.1M 139K 57
Romance Ranking: #1 on 05/09/17 #2 on 07/08/17 #3 on 06/08/17 ----------- My phone fell down with a loud thud and he trapped me to the headboard of o...
19.4K 1.4K 29
Title: The Imperfect Perfection In the bustling streets of Mumbai, where tradition and modernity collide, two lives intersect unexpectedly. š€šš¢š­ļæ½...
43.3K 3.5K 72
four girls with different dreams and different likes.. bound by friendship and determination to stay together as strong as any circle of friends coul...