The Distance Between Us

By 2kluvv_cvpid

๐ฟ๐’พ๐“๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐’ป๐“‡๐‘œ๐“‚ ๐‘€๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐‘”๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐’ฉ๐‘œ๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐’ž๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘œ๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐’ถ๐’ป๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ป๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 3

1 0 0
By 2kluvv_cvpid

Jesus someone pray for me..

I get to my street and decide to drive slowly because I'm way too scared to go inside.

I had an idea to put my phone in my backpack pocket and drop it by the door so my mom doesn't have the idea on taking it from me. 

I walk through the door to be greeted by a hand slapping me across my face. I stumble back making my leg hit one of the hinges on the door frame. 

"What the hell were you thinking? Who told you you could go hangout with "friends"" Mom says screaming in my face. 

"I-I don't k-know. I figured y-you wouldn't c-care.." I say trying to hold back the tears from falling down my face.

She grabs a huge chunk of my hair and starts dragging me towards the stairs banging my head into the railing. 

My nose starts bleeding as she walks away in disgust.

I tilt my head up while I start walking up the stairs heading towards my room with my backpack. I head into the bathroom to wash my face and my hands to get all the blood off of me.

My phone lights up causing me to finish what I was doing faster just to see what it was.

Eli: Heyyy boo boo, so sorry I was angry earlier hope you didn't get in trouble with your parents. 

I stare at myself in the mirror debating on whether or not I should tell him what happened. I don't even remember when I gave Eli my number if I even gave it to him at all.

Me: Nope totally fine.

Eli: We're having a science project assigned to us tomorrow, Miguel will give you his address tomorrow so you can help.

Me: Yea sure I'll be partners with you Eli, thanks for asking. 

I turn my phone off leaving it into the bathroom so I can cry myself to sleep without any interruptions.

-----------------------------------------------------

I jolt up by a loud banging on my door hearing "Lilah get the fuck up!! If you're not out of this house for school in 10 minutes you'll be going with a black eye to match your bruised nose!!?!"

I internally sigh wondering why I'm not a good enough daughter for her..

I walk towards my closet just grabbing a pair of light blue ripped jeans and an oversized Michigan state sweatshirt. As I'm starting to put the jeans on over my knee I slam my thigh under the counter in my bathroom causing my to wince in pain.

Within 7 minutes I'm ready to head out of the door until I forget I need to fill up my water bottle. I walk back towards the kitchen and start filling up my bottle with ice and water. 

"What the hell are you still doing here, get the fuck out of my house." mom says walking over to me. I sigh at how sad my life is which only causes her to punch me like she said she'd do.

I fall on the ground in shock on how my own mother can just easily assault me without any remorse or regret.

I walk out of the house towards my car thinking she didn't hit me hard enough to create a bruise on my cheek bone.

I get to school parking in my regular parking spot and begin to get out of my car, Eli and Miguel walk up to me with Lilly and Maddy not that far behind.

"Woah boo boo what the hell happened to your face?" Eli say's while tilting my head to the side with his thumb. 

Miguel slaps his hand off of my face causing me to flinch, "N-nothing I just f-fell off of my b-bed and hit my h-head on my desk l-leg." I start to fiddle with my hair tie getting a little bit nervous thinking they can see right through my terrible lie.

I glance over towards Miguel to see him already staring right at me.

Miguel looks like he's not believing one single word I just said, I start walking towards the school ignoring everyones eyes burning through my back.

As I walked into the school it felt like everyone's eyes were staring straight at me making me self conscious.

On the way to class Eli and Miguel stayed on each side of me making it seem like I was fragile and they needed to protect me at all costs.

"Alright boo boo, Miguel's going to text you his address after school so we can work on the Science project." Eli said.

"O-okay.." Was all I could say before I went to the back of the class leaving confusion all over their face. Instead of sitting in their normal spot they decided to sit next to me like they're my body guards.

After class it was a little bit hard for me to walk to my locker seeing as I had a humongous bruise on my upper thigh so I had to constantly lift up my leg to release the pain.

"Lilah, are you okay?" Eli said like he genuinely cared about me.

"Yea.. Perfectly f-fine." I say trying to hold the tears in from hearing someone ask that.

Lilly and Maddy walk over to my locker saying "Why are you lifting up your leg?" 

"I- Uhm.. My foot just hurts." I lie hoping no one see's through my facial expressions.

They all look at me then back at each other like they're speaking with their eyes, I start to fidget with my hair tie getting nervous someones going to find out the truth.

After we all go our separate ways Miguel and I start walking to our next class, I look to my right seeing Jackey and Allie snickering before walking behind us. Allie starts to speed up throwing her foot towards my leg tripping me as she hits the floor quickly standing up, walking pass Miguel and I.

As my eyes widen I brace myself putting my arms behind me to catch myself. 

Miguel's head whips towards me going into hero mode, he throws his arms behind me ready to catch me from falling. 

As Miguel catches me he throws me flush towards his chest making me blush a little bit. "Allie stop being the bitch you're being. I will never get with you nor Jackey therefore back off of Lilah."

As Miguel's voice got higher and higher the entire school was quiet staring at all four of us. I flinched when he raised his hand pointing at the two girls. It looked like he noticed but quickly pushed it out of his mind to continue to yell at them.

After Miguel got done yelling at them he dragged me out to the back of the school near the soccer field.

We go to the middle of the field, Miguel makes me lay down next to him and stare up at the sky in silence.

"Why do you let everyone walk all over you like you're some piece of trash on the side of the road?" Miguel say's quietly almost like a whisper.

"I-.. I don't know, I just don't have the confidence to speak up for myself. I figure if I stay quiet maybe they'll just stop." I start to fiddle with my hair tie trying to hold back a tear. Miguel looks at me studying the side of my face sighing.

"You can't do that, you can't just wait til your problems get tired of you and disappear. Lilah that's not how life works and if you keep thinking that way then your smart mind and kind soul will just end up going to waste." He gets up and starts to walk away but then stops looking back at me. "You really are a smart intelligent beautiful person Lilah... Don't let that go to waste please, the things you could to could change the world."

I lay there on the turf watching as Miguel's frame disappears into the parking lot. I sigh in how truthful his words were. I start to think to myself that maybe if I try harder it'll be a good thing or maybe it won't.

God what am I thinking? Can you help me out here? I don't want to disappoint the people around me but I also don't want to end up in the hospital for standing up for myself. 

I get up starting to walk towards my car but decide to wait by the side of the school til everyone leaves. After 20 minutes I get into my car and just sit there, I turn up my music and close my eyes listening to my sad playlist.

I get a light tap on my window, I turn down my music and roll my window down seeing Eli.

"Hey Boo Boo. Whatcha doin?" I try not to laugh at his silliness, in return I give him my own question. "I could ask the same thing to you Eli, what are you doing here?" 

I watch as Eli walks to the passenger side of my car and hops into my car. "Let's go to the store, I'm hungry I need some food for my baby." "BABY??" I yell confused. Since when did Eli have a baby?

"Yesss my tummy obviously. His name is Mr. Blob." I bust out laughing as I put my car in drive and head towards the nearest Walmart. 

After an hour passes of us buying snacks and eating them in my car I drive Eli back to school and we both go our separate ways. I decide to take the long way home dreading what might happen when I get there.

I pull up to the driveway when my phone goes off.

Eli: Hey Boo Boo so when are you coming over to Miguel's house? We still have this project to do and neither of us can figure out what we're supposed to do..

I internally groan forgetting I have to do a project with the literal man who told me not to waste my "good soul and smartness" on something bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 2.4K 26
๐๐ž๐œ๐ค ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ค๐ข๐œ๐ค๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐๐ฎ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ฃ๐จ๐› ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐จ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐ . ๏ฟฝ...
52.3K 398 12
๐€๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐‹๐ž๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ, ๐š ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐›๐จ๐ฒ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐. ๐–๐ข๐ฅ...
26.9K 1.3K 14
๐’๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ฐ๐ข๐ค ๐‘๐š๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ x ๐’๐ž๐ฃ๐š๐ฅ ๐’๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐š โ—‰โ™กโ—‰ "๐™ƒ๐™š๐™ฎ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™š?" "๐™๐™-๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค...
85.3K 4.3K 45
๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐š ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐  ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๏ฟฝ...