The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 44

313 4 0
By Silver-Tigress

Vivian's P. O. V:

Back in our hotel, we gather in my and Rogue's room. I sit on my bed with Rogue and Sting next to me, Lucy, Wendy, Charlele and Erza on Rogue's bed, while Natsu, Gray and Happy linger around the room, all of them gazing at me with prompting expressions.

Her arms crossed, Erza speaks up first, voice stern. "Alright, Vivian. It's time you told us about your connection to Iroh. What is it? And why does he think you've betrayed him?"

"We met not long after my parents died when I was six years old," I begin, raising my eyes to meet my teammates. "I was travelling on my own for awhile and soon awakened my Valkyrie Requip Magic. More time passed after that, and I was fending off some bandits when I first met Iroh..."

"Let's get her, men! She's just a little girl," The bandit leader says.

They lunge for me but I manage to backflip in order to avoid their attacks.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Linear!" I thrust my sword forward a couple of times and it grazes the faces of two of the bandits, before I slash their comrades' sides.

A few more men surround me with weapons raised, giving war cries. I spin out of the way before I launch at them while thrusting my rapier.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Streak!" I slash my sword across and take out one bandit after the other. There were a few more so I took them out as well with the same spell.

"You little brat!" I turn as the second last member falls to face their leader. "You're gonna pay for intruding our hideout and taking out my men. Water Magic: Water Slicer!"

He thrusts put his arm to send curved blades of water at me. I duck to avoid them, startling the bandit leader. The blades hit the wall behind me and slice right through them.

I gape at it. Such power behind the attack!

I fade the leader as he fires the same attack again. I once again duck to avoid it before I run towards the man.

"Water Magic: Water Lock!" I was suddenly lifted and clamp my lips shut to keep in precious air. The man smirks. "Try getting out of that! In seconds, you'll lose all your breath."

"Not good," I think to myself. "I'm already starting to lose air... if I don't get out soon, I'll..."

Just when I was starting to lose consciousness...

"Purple Flare: Purple Rain!" The sphere of water suddenly vanishes as the bandit leader is forced to jump away from an attack. I look up, my hair and clothes wet, to see purple fire raining down on the bandit. A figure strides into the hideout, one hand in his pants pocket. He has long spiky dark hair and dark eyes. "Fighting a little girl? That doesn't seem fair. You should try fighting someone your own size!"

"Damn you!" The leader growls. He goes to send out more water blades at the newcomer, but I was already moving.

Pink energy bursts from my rapier as I slash it against his side. The man seems to move in slow motion as surprise flits across the newcomer's face. Then the bandit leader collapses.

"I thank you for your help, but I had it handled," I say to my saviour as I flick the blood off my rapier and hold it loosely at my side.

"Really?" He asks, disbelievingly, holding out his left hand as the other rests on his hip. "Didn't seem like it to me. It looked more like you were drowning in there."

I scowl as a red tick mark throbs on my forehead. "Well, it's not like I asked you to save my butt!"

"Feisty! Then, next time I'll be sure to leave you to the bandits," The boy says with slight sarcasm. "I'm Iroh, by the way. I'm a mage."

He holds out his hand for me to shake. I gaze at it before I sheathe my sword and shake his hand.

"Vivian Hunter Knight. I mean it, though. Thanks for saving me," I say.

"Don't mention it," Iroh says dismissively as we drop our hands. "You know, we make a pretty good team."

I have to smile at that as I agree, "Yeah. We do. So, where are you headed, Iroh?"

"Me? Nowhere, really. I'm a travelling mage. I take on jobs as I travel. I have been since my parents died four years ago."

I gasp softly. So he's like me.

"My parents have also died recently," I tell him, much to Iroh's surprise. "I've been travelling to Fairy Tail since."

"Fairy Tail, huh?" Iroh murmurs. I nod happily.

"Hmhm! I really wanna join and meet my idol, Erza Scarlet! Maybe you can come, too, Iroh?!" I suggest.

"Maybe," He murmurs.

"From then on, we've travelled the country together," I continue. "We took on jobs and fought together. I didn't have much to worry about as a younger child than Iroh because I always knew he'd have my back. But then, one day, as we were passing through a town, Iroh heard of a lava monster lying in a dormant volcano not too far away, and that it's a Takeover Magic spell. He'd insisted on going after it, but I wasn't so sure. But I went along with him anyway. This was three months after we first met."

I gaze at the dormant volcano wearily as I follow Iroh to one of the caves where he told me the spell was "sleeping."

"Errr," I mutter, hesitating at the entrance as Iroh was about to enter. He pauses to look back at me.

"What's wrong? Don't tell me you're scared, Viv!" Iroh says.

"I-I'm not scared!" I deny, frowning. "It's just... are you sure about this?"

"This is the cave the person back in town said the spell was, so, yeah! I'm sure about this," He responds confidently.

"But! You already have Fire Magic. Isn't that enough?" I query.

"And miss out on being able to turn into a cool lava monster from Norse Mythology?! No way! Come on!" He waves his hands impatiently for me to follow. Iroh gives me an exaggerated expression, rolling his eyes. "Look, Viv, if you're that scared, just wait out here. I won't be that long."

Then the dark haired boy turns and enters the cave. I gaze around for a minute before I follow after him. Iroh doesn't glance back at me as I grip his sleeve and we walk through tunnels of harden lava.

We soon stop before a mound that seems to be breathing.

"Is that...?" I whisper, trailing off. Iroh smirks back at me before going up to it, but I remain where I am. I watch as Iroh touches the mound. Then blue light flares as he absorbs the monster into him. The light grows a bit more and I turn my head away. I look back with a soft gasp as it dies down, to see Iroh appears to be normal. "Iroh? Are you okay?"

I step up to him and reach out a hand to place gently on his shoulder. Iroh turns and I start at the sight of his right arm being in the form of magma and rocks, like how the volcano is currently.

"Your arm!" I gasp, pointing at it.

"It's fine," He says, gazing down at his arm. "I can control it easily." I watch in amazement as the rocks and veins of lava fade away, reverting back to his human appearance. Iroh smiles at me. "I got what I came here for. Let's go, Viv-chan."

"Right," I murmur as I follow the dark eyed boy out of the volcano.

                        🗡🗡🗡

About a year after that, Iroh started to change and attacked most towns and villages we stop in. At first, I was unsure of what to do and could only standby, but at our most recent town we'd stopped at, I had had enough and fought with Iroh for hours in an attempt to stop him.

He'd injured several civilians and killed a few others, while destroying buildings in the process.

I was lying on my stomach while glaring up at my friend, now transformed fully into the monster known as Ragnarok.

I climb to my feet and brandish my rapier as I glare angrily at my friend.

I grip my rapier and give a cry of exertion as I lunge for him, thrusting my sword forward. "Oblique!" I thrust my sword at Iroh as I run at him. He brings up lava to block my attack.

I lunge for the Takeover Magic user, rapier raised. "Linear!" I aim for his left side but Iroh swings his right fist around and it collided with my left side.

My eyes bug in their sockets as I'm sent flying from the powerful impact. I slam painfully hard into the floor and cough air back into my lungs. I lie there, unable to move yet as I clutch my side.

"Damn that hurt. I think he might've broken another rib," I think with gritted teeth.

"Why are you doing this?!" I demand. "I thought we were friends!"

"Of course we are! I'm just showing the world my power!" Iroh says, holding up his hands.

"You're completely insane!" I hiss back.  "Why not kill me along with everyone else?!"

"I'll spare your life, Viv-chan," Says Iroh as he fades me. I glare back. "For the sake of our friendship."

As Iroh wanders off, I sob to myself and drag myself to my feet, still clutching my aching rib. I sheathe my rapier and start to limp away from the destruction, my head bowed and bangs hiding my eyes.

"I'm too weak to stop him now," I think guiltily. "But I swear, one day, I'll become strong enough to take him down, even if it means destroying our friendship in the process."

                        🗡🗡🗡

As I finish my story, I remain sitting with my head hanging and fingers curled into the hem of my red skirt. I couldn't look up at my teammates. They must think I'm a monster for wanting to destroy my best friend.

"Then I found my way to Fairy Tail," I conclude, still not looking up. "That was the last time I heard of or saw my best friend again. I haven't heard from him since."

I fall silent after that. I could feel Rogue wanting to comfort me but unsure of how to.

"Oh, Viv..." Lucy murmurs solemnly.

"I'd vowed to one day bring him down myself," I say, clenching my fingers into my skirt. "Even if that means killing him."

Gray remarks, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, "That seems a little extreme, don't you think?"

"It must be hard for you to have to go through with it," Says Wendy.

"Can you blame her? He is her childhood friend," Says Charlele.

"But why?!" Natsu demands, causing e to look up. "Isn't there some other way? You said yourself that he's your best friend! Why would you go so far?"

"Cut it out, Natsu! Can't you see it's hard enough for her already?" Rogue snaps, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, Rogue," I say, glancing at him. Rogue's features soften. "I've tried talking to Iroh, but that failed. I tried stopping him using my sword, but that failed, too. There's just no other way. I may not be strong enough still, but I'll do whatever it takes to protect my hometown, even if it means killing my best friend."

I didn't realise I was crying until Lucy dashes over and hugs me fiercely, causing Rogue to pull back. I hug Lucy back, crying into her shoulder as I feel my body trembling.

I was sad, angry and frustrated with Iroh. I was frustrated with myself for not having been able to stop him all years ago.

I didn't want to do it, but I will if there's no other way.

"I'm sorry, Viv," Says Erza gently. "I just want you to know that we're here with you."

"Yeah. You don't have to take on your psychotic friend on your own!" Sting adds, grinning.

"That's right!" Lector agrees.

"Fro thinks so too!" Frosch chimes cutely, as everyone else chimes their own agreement, even Natsu.

I pull away from Lucy and wipe the tears away as I murmur, "Thanks, you guys. It really means a lot."

"I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, Viv," Rogue says gently, putting his hand on my shoulder, "but I'll do whatever it is I can to help you."

I give him a grateful smile. "Thank you, Roguey." I then kiss his cheek, making him smile back.

🗡🗡🗡

Later that night, I sit on a bench in a part of the plaza that wasn't damaged, since our hotel was nearby, the night breeze gently tossing my hair.

I just don't know if I'm able to face Iroh now...

Could I really be that strong enough to bring him down?

The sound of approaching feet startles me and I requip my rapier before I jump to my feet and swing it towards the newcomer.

"Whoa! Take it easy, Viv! It's just me!" I stop short of striking my mate as I hold the blade inches from his face, his hands held up placatingly.

"It's just you, Roguey," I say in relief as I dispel my rapier. I sit back down and Rogue joins me. Frosch hops up and settles between us. "Sorry. I guess I'm just a little jumpy."

"I'm sorry if I startled you," Rogue says. "I just wanted to come check on you after you told us everything. You didn't eat much at dinner and left right after. Is everything okay?"

I flick my gaze to him. He gazes back at me intently. I know there's no point in lying since he no doubt feels what I'm feeling through the bond.

My lip wobbles and the tears burst forth, causing Rogue's crimson eyes to widen. "I just don't know if I can do it. I don't think I'm strong enough to defeat him. I'd failed before, so how could I defeat Iroh now? He still managed to overpower me today. I'm useless!"

"You're not useless, Vivian," Rogue says harshly. "You're the strongest person I know! I doubt there's many who could have the strength you have to face their childhood friend and even think of wanting to destroy them in order to protect the innocents. You can do this, Viv. I know because you have your friends with you this time." I look up at the Cheney as I wipe my tears. "And I did promise you I won't let him hurt you again. I'll make Iroh pay for making you cry like this." Rogue frowns at that.

"I'm so glad you're here, Rogue-kun," I say gratefully.

"Anything for you, my mate," Rogue murmurs back, smiling softly while caressing my cheek.

He leans in and kisses me tenderly, which I return, tears sliding down my face. When we break the kiss, Rogue gently wiped away the stray tears before pulling me into a warm embrace, his black cape wrapping around me as though to protect me from Iroh.

I feel the safest I have in a long time while wrapped in my mate's arms, and so I let myself relax into his safe embrace, my face buried into his shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 87 39
17 year old Reina Evans Walker returns from a year long mission to find that Fairy Tail has a new member named Lucy, but that not much else has chang...
12.2K 289 27
It was another normal day at Fairy Tail. Everyone was either drinking, talking, or fighting. I was just sitting around, doing nothing. There were no...
136K 4.3K 84
"You shine so brightly, yet you're shrouded in so much darkness." --- Kira Ferilia, a member of the guild Fairy Tail, finds herself to be entangled w...
81.1K 1.2K 58
Kumiko Kurisutaru has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. She's known as the youngest S-class wizard in Fairy Tail...