How hard could it be? • LM...

By allisonslover1

• BOOK ONE • "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion s... More

Act I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Act II
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Act III
Helpline numbers
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Announcement!
Act IV
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
SEQUEL

Chapter 82

452 23 16
By allisonslover1

                         "All the good girls
                                go to hell."

Jade pulled the handbrake up, putting her car into park. She sighed, relishing in the warmth from her air con before she was about to be soaked. The day had been... eventful, to say the least. After the cross country incident, Allison and Lydia had asked her to come along and talk to Peter with them.

Long story short, the three of them had found out that Malia Tate, the coyote that they'd turned back into a girl, was Peter's biological daughter.

And, to add to all of their other problems, when she'd got home, no one was there! So, a locator spell was what had led her to being parked outside of Deaton's animal clinic in the middle of the evening.

Holding her hands over her head, she used them as an umbrella and squinted to get rain out of her eyes. Opening the door of the vet's, a bell echoed throughout the waiting area. It seemed eerily quiet for a place that her cousin and brother were both meant to be at.

Feeling her senses heighten at the same time as her anxiety did, she creeped her way around a corner, almost jumping backwards. Lilith was propped up against some cupboards, their eyes fluttering closed every few seconds and a lake of blood spreading from her stomach to her feet. Max was nearby, still and unmoving.

"What happened?" Jade whispered, grabbing a cloth off the floor and handing it to Lilith to press against their stomach. She crawled to Max, placing two fingers against his neck. His pulse was steady, beating at an average pace. Thankfully, he seemed to just be unconscious.

"Stiles," Lilith whispered, voice shaking and lips paling by the second, skin following along.

"Hey, Lily, stay with me, okay? Talk to me," Jade ordered in a hushed whisper, lightly tapping them on the cheek to keep her conscious. She raised a hand full of light in the air, the other one held tightly against the cloth at Lilith's stomach, while also throwing glances behind her to make sure Stiles wasn't gonna come after her next. What in God's name had happened?

Lilith grabbed Jade's wrist, barely able to make the shape out due to how heavy their eyes were feeling. "You can't heal me, I need to get to a hospital. Or does the vet can give me a blood transfusion here? I have anaemia and I've lost too much, so if you heal me, I'll still get really sick and need iron."

She couldn't tell what Jade was saying, her plump lips moving too fast for their brain to comprehend. Yet no words were coming out, just a faint ringing echoing around in their ears. And she was trying to stay awake, trying to listen to Jade's droning voice, trying to stop the bleeding from getting worse. But it didn't hurt anymore, just the red colour staining their hands, legs, every inch of touchable skin possible.

And, God, they knew they should stay awake, but Jade kept on talking, and she still couldn't understand what was being said. And her eyes were so heavy, weighing her down like the rain that soaked their clothes earlier- but maybe that was blood at this point, who could tell. And they were just so tired, fighting to stay awake. But surely two minutes rest couldn't hurt anyone. Hardly. Right?

                                           ~

You know that white light that everyone always says you see when you die? Well, that obviously doesn't apply to everyone. Maybe just the people that get sent to heaven, if you believe in that kind of thing. Lilith was almost certainly in hell. That much they were sure of. Everything was dark, not an inch of light being allowed in a hundred mile radius of where she was. But where was she? Sure, they'd died but had they?

They surely thought someone would have saved her by now. Deaton had blood for transfusions in his clinic, she remembered that much as a fact, due to Jade mentioning it a while ago after Mr Tate had shot her. Did the pack really hate them that much? That much that they would let them die?

She knew what she had done was wrong, and she had to live with that every single day. But they were trying and barely anyone would give them a chance! Was it something personal, because she was Kate's child? The whole lot of them had given other people who had done far worse second chances, so why were they out to get her?

But if you were dead, why could they feel a pinching sensation in her arm, almost like they were being stung by wasps. And why was it so dark! Christ, they couldn't see anything, not even to check what their stomach looked like. Would you be fully healed in heaven? Well, she was in hell, so she'd never know the answer anyway. There would probably be a large hole in their stomach, that would sit there, being of no use until the end of eternity.

And there was that faint ringing sound back again, just to fill the silence with an even more annoying noise. Or maybe it was the silence, and because it was so quiet, they were imagining it all.

But she couldn't be imagining that white light that was starting to grow, filling up the darkness until they could see nothing because of the headache that was splitting through her temple. God, her head was going to literally break into two, and then the only thing left would be the soul.

Their soul that was going to just float around in this mixture of darkness and light until it finally made up it's mind.

And then the ringing stopped, the faint sound of a steady beeping and worried voices making their way through. Was this just some new form of torture? Was any of this even real? And why could they hear everything but nothing at the same time, like their ears were filled with water, stopping her from hearing what they were saying clearly?

Oh. That was new; a falling sensation, like that dream that you had where you were about to hit the ground, but you woke up in the nick of time. And she could see the ground, make it out from where they were in the air, and she was a hundred percent sure if she wasn't already dead, they would be in a few seconds.

And throughout their life, though they hadn't been the most religious person in the world- hell, they didn't even know what they believed in at this point- she started to pray. Hoping that by some miracle, she'd wake up before she hit the ground. Or at least that if it took them out, that it wouldn't be painful. Quick and easy.

But then another thought surfaced, a valid thought, pointing out that maybe she didn't deserve to have a quick and easy death. Maybe it had to be painful for her to realise how much pain they had inflicted on all the others.

But the ground was inching closer and closer. If she reached out, their hand would be grazing the gravel, basically consuming her whole. The countdown started.

Three; arms held out in front of them, hoping to catch herself when she made contact with the ground.

Two; eyes closed, praying until the words became a jumbled up chant, taking over every available space in their brain.

One.

                                          ~

"You're okay, you're fine," Max yelled, gently grabbing Lilith by one collarbone, Kira taking the other as they pushed them back onto the metal table. The redhead's bracelets clinked against the surface as she tried to fight off the panic attack, finally after realising they hadn't hit the ground.

She fought off the hands that were trying to hold them down, pulling off the oxygen mask that was attached to her paling face and trying to rip out the needles that were pushed into both arms.

They didn't get that far, Scott taking her hands in his own, and demonstrating deep breaths, something he'd learnt worked when people were having panic attacks. His brown eyes met Lilith's terrified and tearful blue, as Deaton attached the oxygen mask back onto their face. "You're alright. You hear me? You're okay."

"I thought you guys had left me to die," Lilith sobbed, bringing their knees up to their chest and wrapping their arms around herself. She rocked backwards and forwards in a soothing manner, not particularly caring how stupid they might have looked. Considering she'd quite literally seen a white light- well, first a darkness, but same thing- they reckoned they got a pass on this one.

"What? We're not that horrible!" Jade exclaimed, sitting at the end of the bed and passing them a tissue.

Then began a long line of explaining, before everyone eventually gave up all hope on doing anything tonight, and instead retreated home. Lilith had been sent home with needles and blood, iron tablets and was told if she started to feel bad for even a second, to go straight to the hospital.

Things had gone south in the animal clinic when Lily had lost so much blood, all hell breaking loose. Deaton had just taken care of Stiles when Jade walked in. He had poisoned the nogitsune, but that was only a temporary solution. Scott, Deaton and Jade- the only three conscious people- had dragged the redhead into the main room, trying to give her a fighting chance. When their heartbeat had finally steadied, after flatlining for a full thirty seconds, the blood transfusions and oxygen started.

Max and Kira woke up not too long later, Jade healing the two of them for any concussions they might have. In a similar way, she healed Scott from the sword that had been stabbed through his stomach.

She just wished she could have healed Lilith that easily, but magic wasn't always a quick fix. Sometimes it could cause even more issues- she knew that first hand. And she especially wasn't wanting to risk it if Lilith was anaemic. That would have most definitely done more harm than good.

                                           ~

Jade turned down the music that she was blasting from her phone, dropping the baking spoon that was being used back into the bowl. Wiping her hands on her apron, she rushed to the front door and threw it open. "Hey."

Lydia shuffled awkwardly on her feet, even though there was no reason to be nervous since she'd already told Jade she was on her way over. Suddenly the whole vocabulary of words she knew had all disappeared. Finally finding her voice, she cleared her throat. "Can I come in?"

"Course," Jade stepped backwards, a hand resting on the doorframe before slamming it closed behind her friend. Making her way back into the kitchen, she pressed play on the music, adjusting the volume to a level that they would still be able to talk over. "Want a pancake? I have some on already."

"Please," Lydia groaned, taking a seat at the marble island. To say she was tired was an understatement. She had no idea how Jade had this much energy, considering the day they had yesterday. Drawing a love heart out of flour that was on the countertop, she rested her chin on her hand. "I'll drive to Allison's, if you want. We've still got a bit of time until we have to leave, anyway."

Jade bit back a smile when Fern bounded up to Lydia, her paws scratching at the girl's legs until she caved and lifted her up into her arms. Flipping a pancake, she sighed when it broke in two. Next time she'd just use a spatula. It would get the job done quicker and without as many failed attempts. "I can drive. Besides, I'll probably have to take Max with us on the way home, he'll get a ride with Allison on the way to her house."

Scott and Max had already left this morning, gone before she'd woken up. Stiles was checking himself into Eichen House for a day, not wanting to take any more chances after what had happened at the clinic. Jade hadn't particularly wanted to give him a send off at Eichen, purely for the fact that the place made her feel majorly uneasy. So, she'd opted for a text message. It was the thought that counted. After that, Scott and Max were meeting Allison at Deaton's, and then a whole group of them were going to the Argent's.

"Voilà!" Jade exclaimed, sliding a pancake onto a plate. Already knowing what Lydia had on hers, due to the two of them and Allison religiously eating pancakes at the smoothie bar, she grabbed some fruit from the fridge. Cutting strawberries into halves, she hummed under her breath to Taylor Swift. Finding another spoon, she sprinkled sugar onto the food, topping it off with a squeeze of lemon.

Lydia snapped out of petting Fern and ignoring the fact that the dog kept on trying to bite her fingers when a plate was placed in front of her. Laughing lightly, she raised a brow at Jade, who was doing jazz hands in front of her, waiting for praise on her amazing baking skills. The girl had made a smiley face out of fruit; strawberries, blueberries and grapes.

Placing Fern on the floor to run around, she washed her hands at the sink, also singing along to the music now. One of the many things she loved about Jade was her music taste. Some people had the worst imaginable- liked. One of the things she liked about Jade.

After about an hour, both of them were full, after eating about three pancakes loaded with toppings each. Jade threw the plates and glasses into the dishwasher, flicking through a recipe book of Melissa's, that had been stored on a shelf near the oven. Why her aunt had around thirty cookbooks but never used them, was beyond her. "Oo, what about brownies. I love brownies. We can bring some around to Allison's too."

Lydia nodded along, turning up the music and beginning to look around for equipment, while Jade searched for ingredients. She couldn't deny that she was a sucker for brownies. They were hands down one of the best desserts in the world.

"No- you put in the water next," Lydia explained, giggling as she held her head in her hands. "Wait- no. You're doing it wrong." she laughed, taking over and whisking the cake mix. She'd left the room for two minutes and the brownies would have been raw if Jade had carried on the way she was. Thank God, she'd been here before the last three batches had went into the oven. "Can-"

Lydia went quiet, Jade almost falling to the floor from laughing too hard. She scrambled away from a shocked Lydia, who had the mix splattered all over the front of her apron and in her hair.

"No- Lydia, don't, I was only joking," Jade screamed, but there was already flour being thrown in her face. She stood still for a second, listening to Lydia's own laughter filling up the room before she was grabbing the cake mix. The kitchen was becoming a mess of eggs, flour, chocolate and water, the two girls absolutely destroyed from head to toe.

Lydia couldn't stop herself from nearly dying of laughter when Jade slipped in some butter, her back covered as she hit the ground. God, if only her hands weren't soaked, she would have took a hundred photos. She offered a hand out to the blonde, but she should have known what would have happened when Jade yanked her down with her.

"You started it!"

"I know but I still can't breathe, oh my God!"

And Jade didn't know what she was doing, but she found herself getting lost in Lydia's eyes, like a forest of green that she could walk in until she got lost. As well as the way that they didn't look away from each other. The way Lydia's eyes drifted to her parted lips, making her heart beat faster against her chest. The way their knees were slightly touching from their spots on the floor, both noticing it, but neither of them trying to move away.

Jade's phone rang, making the two of them jump away from each other, as if they'd been doing something wrong. She scrambled to her feet, gripping the counter so she wouldn't fall again. Wiping her hands on a tea towel, she slid the button across, holding the phone up to her ear. "Hello?"

"We're heading over to mine now. Are you and Lyds gonna meet us there?"

"Yeah, we'll be there soon."

"Okay, bye."

She hung up, placing her phone back onto the counter. Feeling her face flush pink, she turned back to Lydia, who was trying to stop Fern from eating the mess on the floor.

Feeling the blonde's gaze on her, she looked up. "We should probably clean this up."

The two of them burst into laughter again, Jade pulling a piece of egg shell out of Lydia's hair. "Yeah."

A/N

Actually loved writing this chapter istg

Also no they are not marijuana brownies 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 205 26
"Stiles," she said quietly and began shaking her head. "Please, let's not talk about it." "No, Maya, I need to talk about it. I-if I don't have a c...
62.5K 1.2K 88
Rayne Stilinkski is a 15 year old girl who's brother woke her up to look for a dead body with their friend. Suddenly her friend gets bit and then bec...
31.8K 763 52
A teen wolf fanfic where Stiles has a twin sister who was born very different from Stiles. She was born with a red diamond mark on her forehead and i...
1.3M 42.1K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...