Grapejuice Blues ☮︎ HS

By babyhnyharry

"Take this opportunity run away as far as you can without a thought to look back on, Maya this is your chance... More

❃ WARNINGS ✪
❃ character aesthetics ✪
1 ❃ love and war
2 ❃ one of those old souls
4 ❃ krazydaizymobile

3 ❃ modern day jesus

2.7K 73 79
By babyhnyharry

Song Brain Stew - Green Day

It's been two days.

Two days since I last saw my siblings.

There's not a second that goes by that I don't think about them, what they're up to, or what they ate for dinner. My heart hurts at the thought that maybe they aren't happy. That's all I've ever wanted.

"Hey," my head snapped over to the open door where Eden was standing. She has this warm smile on her face.

"Hi," I mumble, looking back out the window. I can hear her steps getting closer to me.

"They're going to be okay, you know?" She brushes some of my messy hair out of my face. I give her a nod cause I know they will be, but I'm not sure I will ever be.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks, tangling her fingers in my hair. The mere thought has me getting all choked up.

"Not today," I mumble, closing my eyes as I try to forget about it. I look up to see her nodding before patting my back.

"So, are you excited for our crazy adventure?" she asks with a little giggle, trying to lighten the mood.

"Kind of terrified, to be honest," I confess. She falls on her bed as I turn to face her.

Shortly after she brought up the plan I was informed of part two. Something about a surprise adventure that will be good for me. Being the stubborn girl I am, I pushed for more details.

I'm joining Eden, Luna, and some friends on a trip across the country. We are road-tripping to sunny southern California. I've never even been out of the state!

"Dinner!" We both hear Luna shout from downstairs.

"Have I ever put you in an unsafe situation?" Eden asks as we make our way to the kitchen. I look back on the many times we've run from the cops for being in abandoned places.

Since we were young it was an interest of ours. In middle school, we used to make ghostbusting videos. That was until we made an ouija board and a candle went out so we've been terrified since.

"Yes, multiple times actually," I state, watching her roll her eyes.

Finally, we reach the kitchen where I'm swarmed with the best smell in the world. Tomato soup and grilled cheese is a Luna Smith special.

"You're like sexy Martha Stewart," I say, making Luna look back with a laugh.

"God and you're just sexy," A lower pitched British voice says behind me. I turn back to see a girl with jet-black hair and dark eyeliner. Heat spreads to my cheek at the sight of her. She sat on the end of the small breakfast nook in the corner.

"You sneaky bitch!" Eden squeals, running up to jump on the mysterious girl's lap. They fall back laughing from the impact.

"When did you get here?!" Eden squeals.

"Not long ago, I've been waiting for a proper greeting," She smirks, leaning up to capture my best friend's lips with hers.

My eyes widen at the sight, turning back to Luna. I mouth 'What's that?' To her and she gives me a shrug. Oh, she for sure knows something.

"Oh! Sierra you must meet my best friend, Maya," I turn back with a shy smile.

"Nice to meet you," I say.

"Cute shirt," she grins, gesturing her head towards my cat t-shirt. Eden giggles before jumping off her lap.

"Don't worry, she hasn't had the Cher makeover yet," Eden points out, who is Cher?

The girl- Sierra and her share a look before laughing in excitement.

"Stop scaring the poor girl, eat up," Luna demands, setting three plates down on the island.

We all join her, getting a whiff of one of the best smells known to man. As we all eat I start to get more comfortable with this whole thing. I haven't spent many days away from my sibling, it's a new environment that I'm going to have to get used to.

Once we've all finished, I attempt to start the dishes before I'm stopped by Eden.

"Nope, your time playing maid is done," She pushes me to the side before tapping my ass. I go to argue but she just points for me to go away.

"Oh! That reminds me, the boys are going to be here soon." Luna says out of nowhere.

Boys? And why does the remind- never mind.

"Wait- I thought they were meeting us in New York?" Sierra asks, giving her a weird look.

"They were, something came up so they're just coming with us," Luna says as Sierra nods in understanding. I look over seeing Eden standing by the sink with a nervous look on her face.

"Who are these boys that you have failed to mention till now?" I ask.

"Oops." she says, giving me a 'Please forgive me smile'. "In my defense, I thought we would meet them in New York,"

"I mean, I don't have a problem with it," I say honestly. Some part of me feels like she's this isn't the whole story.

"I'm interested, how did you get H to agree with it?" Sierra asks.

There it is.

There's a dragged-out silence, Eden freezes with a soapy dish in her hand.

Sierra gives her a questioning look. "He does know...right?" she asks while Eden remains quiet.

Why do I feel this H guy isn't going to like my company?

"Eden?" She says, jumping off the counter where she was sitting. I watch Sierra grab her face with both hands.

"Are you saying you failed to ask the most stubborn man in our friend group if this was all okay?! He's going to rip her to shreds!!" she asks, Eden's eyes look like they're going to pop out of her sockets.

"I mean, he will know," she mumbles, forcing a smile to ease Sierra's concern.

"YOU IDIOT!" Sierra says, stepping back and putting her hands on her hips.

"IT'S FINE HE'LL GET OVER IT!!" She yells back, finding myself starting to panic.

"Will someone tell me who the fuck you guys are talking about?!" I cut them both off, slamming my hand on the counter.

"EDEN SMITH!," We all freeze at the deep voice that has now entered the atmosphere, was that another British accent?

"Fuck, I told Carter so he must've told him!" Luna whispers shouts as we all panic.

I feel like my head is going to explode with stress and my heart is about to jump out of my chest. Before I can think Sierra is grabbing my hand, leading me into the garage.

"He needs to chill before he sees you," she reassures me, pulling her long back hair into a ponytail. I rest against the wall next to the door hearing some raised voices behind me.

"Oh, you're fucked," she shakes her head with a laugh, lighting a cigarette.

My eyes narrow at her, is that supposed to make me feel better?

"Can I?" I ask, gesturing towards the anti-anxiety between her fingers. The muffled voices behind me grow louder by the second.

She hands me the cigarette without another word. Her eyes start to run over my body as I cock my head at her.

"Chill, I'm straight as far as I know," I say, blowing out some smoke. I needed this right now, it's practically saving my life.

"Well, you haven't met me," she challenges, walking up to me and grabbing the stick from my lips. Her smirk lingers as she leans against Luna's van.

I can't help but grin, I mean, she's hot but intimidating. All very attractive features that are hard to miss. Now I'm ogling her body. A white tank top clings to her golden skin paired with long dark wash shorts.

"Chill, I don't fuck virgins," She grins.

My brows scrunch together at that, what makes her think-

"Do you hear that? Silence," She tosses the drug on the floor before crushing it under her foot.

She's right, the yelling has stopped. We both stand at the door, she reaches up to crack it open so we can try to see what's going on.

"We don't need her!" He shouts again, I decide to not walk in just yet and listen.

"We all look after each other and it works that way because of the people we have!" He continues to yell.

I can't get a good look at the guy cause his back is to us. Eden catches a glimpse of me before looking back at the guy with long hair.

"You haven't even fucking met her, give her a chance!" Eden fights back.

I just want her to give up at this point. I've dealt with enough people not wanting me in my life. Stooping to the level of begging for open arms is something I refuse to do.

"I don't need to give her one, she's not coming.'' I hear him reply.

"That's not your decision, Harry!'' she yells back.

So the accent has a name, cute.

"Maybe we should give her a chance, man," another deep voice echoes from the other side of the room but I can't see who it is. The long-haired one looks over with an angry expression, from what I can't tell.

"Whatever, but if she gives me any reason to believe that she's not fit for this, she's gone, understood?" He snaps, as Eden angrily looks up at him.

"This is bullshit," He scoffs before turning back and making his way toward us.

Sierra and I turn back to hide in some way. She finds a spot behind the car but without thinking I go to open the car door.

And of course, it's locked.

I hear something slam before a tall figure busts through the kitchen door.

I come face to face with a tall angry man with long brown hair and a septum piercing.

The modern-day Jesus.

I watch him trail my face with his deep green eyes, his chest rising up and down. His anger turns to a confused look, almost like he's searching my eyes for something. There's something about his features that feels familiar.

His lips.

Something snaps in him as his gaze turns to anger again, "Staring is rude," he spews out, scanning my whole entirety. I can't put words together, the way he's looking at me makes me freeze up.

Suddenly he just brushes past me without another word. I feel my heart start to beat again, finally being able to take a deep breath.

I shake off the chilling feeling he just gifted me with, walking into the kitchen. As I enter, everyone focuses their attention on me.

"Guess what? You're in!!" Eden squeals, coming up to me.

"I heard," I say blankly back at her, a frown forming on her face.

"Let me introduce you to everyone! ," she says with a nervous smile.

I don't want to go on a trip with people who don't want me there, but what other choice do I have?

"The tall beast over there is Franco, he's harmless, a big teddy bear," she says, pointing at a fairly tall and beefy man.

"Guilty." he shoots a look back at her with a smirk on his face.

He's wearing a tight white T-shirt that's cropped short enough to show a bit of his happy trail with some brown corduroy pants.

Why is everyone hot?

"Do you like Zeppelin?" He asks out of nowhere, I of course reply with the most reasonable answer.

"Who doesn't?" I fired back, a grin appeared on his face.

"She can stay," he announces, showing off his bright smile.

"Pretty boy over there is Joel, don't let the blue eyes deceive you, he's a slut," She then points to a slightly taller and lengthier man with dark brown hair. He has a shaggier mullet, suiting his face quite perfectly.

He also has a nose ring on his right nostril as well as rosy cheeks from Eden's complement.

"Only for you," He winks at her.

I take in what he's wearing, a black tank top with some black jeans and a brown open vest covered in patches.

The style these people have is truly irritating, maybe that Harry guy was right, I'm not sure I fit in here. I want to, but it's going to be hard when the 'head' man already hates me.

"Hey, nice to meet you," he says, giving me a genuine smile while waving his hand.

"I'm Maya," I say back, not sure if they know.

"We know." I hear the same British accent behind me.

It's almost natural that I roll my eyes and have the urge to shoot a remark back at him. Something I won't let people continue to do is walk all over me, well at least I'll try

"Someone's an asshole," I say, turning around to meet his annoyingly pretty green eyes. I start to get that feeling that I've seen him before, again.

"Somebody needs to shut up." he spits back with anger filling his look towards me.

"Okay, ladies let's settle down," Franco says, coming between us, I feel Eden grab my hand to pull me away.

"Harry, you know the rules, no smoking in the house," Luna says, pulling the cigarette from between his lips and putting it out.

"But Daddy said I could," He sarcastically frowns.

Franco and Harry start to argue back and forth before I notice Joel rolling his eyes at the two. He walks behind them, hooking two fingers into Harry's back pocket. I giggle at him pulling Harry out of the kitchen as Franco and him still go at it.

"And that was Harry," Eden says as she takes a seat on one of the island chairs once they exit.

"Real nice guy," I say with a sarcastic smile on my face.

"He cares for all of us and he will for you soon, just give him time," Eden tries to reason with me.

"That guy cares for people?" I ask, finding it baffling to think he gives a fuck about people's feelings besides his own.

"C'mon Maya you got to give him time to get to know you," she says, hoping that I'll just listen.

"And you can stand your ground, but expect a quick comeback," Sierra adds, smiling cause she's already got a glimpse of my attitude. I can hold my own but he isn't going to make it easy.

Suddenly, a familiar face walks into the kitchen. It's Carter, Luna's boyfriend, they've been together for years.

"Aww did I miss the chaos," Carter says, throwing his hands up in the air upset.

"I've seen him angrier," Eden says grinning. Carter snaps his head in her direction.

"Oh Eden, you're alive," He states with a grin on his face. Then he sees me by her and his face lights up.

"Brown! It's been too long," He laughs, walking up to hug me. I can't help but smile, it has been a while since I've seen him.

"How you been, old man?" I grin as he pulls back, he grins knowing I'm just teasing him.

"I'm great, though, the missus has been on my back about alo-"

"Am I hearing that you missed me?" Luna speaks from the kitchen sink as Carter looks back at her. He smiles over at the love of his life.

Once he makes his way up to her he places a kiss on her cheek.

"Hi sunshine," He mumbles against her cheek making us all swoon.

"Gross!" Well, expect Eden.

Our practical parents go back and forth for a second as I get water out of the fridge.

"So.... what's the verdict then?" Carter asks, heading towards the stove to get some soup.

"She's in, he was going on and on about how if she couldn't handle it she's out, just regular bullshit that comes out of his mouth daily," Eden says with her head still on the counter.

Luna laughs "He's a stubborn asshole, but he keeps this group together, we wouldn't be who we are without him." Luna says, speaking more about him.

"He's still a dick," I state.

"Can't argue with that." Carter laughs and starts to make himself a plate.

I take a second to think about everything, I'm going to prove this asshole wrong. It's about time that I start living my life without people stopping me.

Even if it is a tattooed hippie with an adorable British accent.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Grapejuice Blues Harry is definitely a character... ANYWHO

happy Grammys!!! Taylor's new album?? I CANT BELIEVE ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE HARRY WON AOTY

Im working on the next update for you guys 💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 5.1K 32
After a one night stand leaves the NHL's star player, Harry Styles, on thin ice with the almost-olympic figure skater, Madelyn Simmons, the two peopl...
9.4K 593 52
"You're wonderful." I whispered. "And you're lovely." He whispered back, voice equally as quiet. Harry leaned over and kissed my cheek, so light that...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
52.9K 1.4K 88
"Why is your name Avalon Scott on this drivers license?" *** Avalon Scott had been on the run from her ex fiancé for nearly a year when she landed a...