Paris

Av 19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... Mer

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

31

355 21 2
Av 19RaeNegade

{+}{+}{+}

Gabriel's P.O.V

"Have you gained any information on those demons?" I asked, "My patience is growing thinner with each day that passes."

"I may have found something worthy of information. But I am not fully sure if it is true or if it has anything to do with the rebels," my spy responded in an unsure tone.

   I do not care. It has been nearly two decades and I still am nowhere close to getting my revenge. Even if it is an unsure crumb, it is something at least. Whatever small piece of information will get me closer to getting rid of magic permanently, I will take it.

"What may that be?" I asked. The communication machine went silent for a few seconds before my spy finally decided to talk.

"I may have found a mole in the Dupain-Cheng residence."

I glanced over at Nathalie to make sure she heard. My assistant gave me a curt nod, jotting down a note to add to my tight schedule. This is a chance I cannot miss and will risk canceling an important meeting if this will gain me anything.

Although, this might be tricky. Whatever magic user is lingering in the Dupain-Cheng's household must be very stealthy. It has left even my top spy to be unsure. I have been to that household on a few occasions but have never noticed anything suspicious.

This will be a tricky one to deal with. Yet, a challenge has only ever encouraged me to work harder. I am going to find that sorcerer (or sorceress) and get what I need from them.

We will be visiting the Dupain-Cheng residence and starting the hunt.

"Very good. You may continue with your mission," I excused my spy, satisfied with the information. Our communication was cut off. I stood up from my seat. I turned around to face my wife's portrait. An extravagant woman unlike any other. She was taken away too early just like our son. They deserved the world and I...

   ...I was unable to protect them.

   This time will be different.

   I reached out toward the painting's frame and pulled it. The picture swung open like a door to reveal a secret cabinet behind it. Grasping the handles of the cabinet, I turned them and pulled them open. Mounted up are a few firearms and two gnarly daggers.

   This time, I will not hesitate.

   I grab my biggest gun, tightening my grip around the wooden handle. It has been a long time since I used it back in the day to hunt. After all, I was a part of the SSS (Sorcery Slayer Society). Now, I will rise again to lead a hidden society back into the sunlight. First, I am going to need to train.

   "Nathalie, when will we be visiting the Dupain-Cheng's household?" I asked.

   "If they are willing, we can have it as early as the end of this week or the next," she explained in a monotonous voice.

   "Then, I would like you to send them a message to ask which day would be best," I requested.

   "Yes, sir," she said before leaving me alone. I stared down at my gun.

   This time, I have nothing to lose.

{+}{+}{+}

Juleka's P.O.V

   I had rarely gone out of my hiding hole which I call home. Yet, that was before I met my apprentice. She urged me to get out and try new things. She introduced me to kind people such as Master Fu and Lady Olympia.

If it weren't for her, I would have sunken deeper and deeper into my misery. That is not how I want to live my life. I hate to live in fear but I am afraid of all the threats that lie upon the surface. It has been years since I have come out of hiding without someone by my side.

Now that she is away, I have only crawled out of my dingy home two times.

And I officially count this one as my third.

I drift along through the crowds of the poor section and try not to stir any unwanted attention. I unfortunately cannot use any spells of concealment or invisibility.

It may grant me a higher risk of attracting bounty hunters, assassins, ex-SSS members, or any other unwanted people. Most of them are advanced enough to simply track the flowing magic within me.

This is why I am greatly paranoid about every alleyway, rooftop, or corner I'm about to turn. I always have to keep a keen eye out for anything suspicious, never knowing what will jump out.

I would hate to cause an unnecessary scene and bring more trouble about. Especially when I have some important news I need to discuss with Fu. I do not want to dally nor return home to hide for another few weeks until I feel safe again.

It can be such a hassle just to visit a friend.

Fortunately, I go during the daytime so there are hardly any hunters out right now. It makes it easier to travel but that does not mean I am any less cautious.

I gasp and stumble away in fright when sirens blare from all around me. What on earth is that? The crowds of people swarming the streets instantly changed from civil to panicked. Everyone began to run in different directions, harshly bumping into me from every which way.

I stood paralyzed, not sure what was going on or what to do. From what I could understand, the situation was not good and I need to retreat indoors. So, I ran. I tried my best to navigate through the terrified less fortunate and get to Master Fu's home. It is a lot closer than returning home and the only closest place I could trust.

Yet, I only end up more lost.

The streets have emptied of civilians. But I must have caught a different current when going through the waves of people. I have no idea where I am or how far away a safe spot is. I frantically look around, trying to take in my bearings. There is nowhere to hide.

My hands rummage through my bag, pockets, and belt for anything useful. I grit my teeth in frustration when finding nothing useful. I do not have all the ingredients for a simple tracking potion. It would have helped me locate Master Fu's whereabouts.

There are only spells to attack, defend, and distract. I am unable to carry a lot for maneuverability purposes. Plus, it would be a hassle to carry. I will admit, it was dumb of me not to create a tracking potion when I hardly know the land. Especially, in serious cases like this one and I am lost. I wish my apprentice were here to guide me. She has better knowledge of Paris's landscape than I.

   I am immediately alert when hearing a female's blood-curling scream. My feet instinctively move away from the sound. I wish I could help but that would put me in danger. I cannot use my magic unless it is an emergency.

   "This is an emergency," another voice in my head yelled at me, sounding like my apprentice. My hands are shaking, so close to grabbing a spell but too terrified to grasp it. Unwanted flashes from my past flash through my head like a play. I shake my head "no."

   "No...no...not now...please, I do not want to remember," I spoke, voice trembling with fear, "No...I-I do not want to...want to die."

    "JULEKA, RUN!"

   I ran in the opposite direction of the screams.

   "They are coming for me! They are coming for me! They are coming for me!" I repeated in my mind. I need to get out of here and find somewhere to hide! They will hunt me, capture me, torture me for answers I do not have, and burn me at the stake.

   Just like they do to all witches and wizards—just like they did to my parents.

   I do not want to die.

   My breathing is starting to go unsteady. I am unsure if it is from running or panicking. Maybe, it is both? I do not care to know.

   "I need to get off of the main road," I thought. This was one of my rules while out on the streets. Never go into alleyways for a chance to be easily jumped or surrounded. Just for today, I am breaking it.

   I turn into an alleyway and hide behind to corner. Hesitatingly, I peek around the corner. Whatever horrid threat my mind had painted from my past was replaced.

   Coming out from an alleyway is a slender, human-like Akuma with long legs and longer arms dragging along the ground. It was about the same height as a hut and had no face. Its claws were the same length and width of a sword. It quietly stalked down the road, looking for its next prey.

   I am only slightly relieved that it is an Akuma and not what my thoughts had originally imagined up. Although, this might still not be any better. I do not even know what this monstrosity can do.

I quickly duck behind the corner when the Akuma seemed like it looked over in my direction. I need to move. It will surely find me here if I stay.

"Madame," a small voice called. I shrieked in fright, rapidly covering my mouth and shooting my head around. I searched for the voice, only to find nobody around.

"I am down here," it called. My gaze slid downwards toward a crate that has seen better days. Standing on its surface was a tiny human in a mouse suit. A miraculous rebel. I let my racing heart settle, knowing that she is here to save me.

"Yes, Multimouse, is it?" I questionably whispered, kneeling to her level. The woman gave me a warm smile. She was about to reply when a look of terror struck her features.

"Look out behind you!" She warned me. I swiftly looked over my shoulder and saw the Akuma looming over the rooftop. It curiously tilted its head to the side before I saw its arm slowly stretching toward me from around the corner.

I grabbed the small version of Multimouse and dashed away. Luckily, the Akuma was as slow as a snail. There was no way for it to catch up to us.

Oh, how I wish I could take my words back.

I entered a shadowy area having no clue where I am going. So long as it is away from the danger, I was fine with it. I felt a sudden chill run down my spine and stopped. It was some sort of sign, possibly a warning to not go any further.

"Why did you stop?" Multimouse asked.

In the blink of an eye, the creature's entire form arose from the ground. Its arm shot at us like a bolt of lightning. I barely managed to dodge the attack, its claw leaving a scratch on my side. I stare down the Akuma, knowing fully well I will not be able to out-speed it. So...I only have one last choice.

   "It looks like I have no choice," I thought. I nervously gulped and reached inside my bag for a spell. The Akuma attacked stretching its arm right at me.

   "Shelter!"

   I am immobilized by the appearance of the turtle hero, Carapace. He landed in front of me and set his shield up. I retracted my hand from my bag.

   "That was a close call," Vesperia commented while running around us.

   "Venom!" She called forth her power. She launched herself at the Akuma, only for it to quickly sink into the ground. Vesperia not-so-gracefully landed and slid across the dirt.

   "Are you alright?" Carapace called to his teammate. Vesperia gave him a thumbs up.

   "Where is Ladybug?" Chat Noir asked upon arrival.

   "We haven't seen her yet. The most we can do right now is to get civilians to safety and keep the Akuma at bay," Carapace explained.

   Chat Noir hummed in response.

   "Alright. Until she gets here, we are to keep a very close eye on this creep," he said before opening his weapon, "Pegasus, please escort the civilian to a safer location."

   A portal opened, revealing the horse holder in some other area of the poor section.

   "Come through the portal. It is for your own safety," Pegasus explained, urging me to come. I glanced over at the ongoing battle with Vesperia and Chat Noir. They are valiantly fighting the creature, although they are having trouble. The Akuma is strong in the shadows but it must slow down like it did earlier.

   Maybe, it has something to do with sunlight.

   I rummaged through my bag in my distraction section and pulled out a blinding light spell. This should do the trick.

   "Here, take this," I offered my spell to Carapace, "Just throw this at the ground and close to the Akuma. This should make it easier to fight it."

   Before Carapace could ask any questions, I hopped through the portal.

   "Are you okay? No injuries or such?" Pegasus asked. I shake my head in denial. Multimouse leaped from my shoulder and onto Pegasus'.

   "I did get scratched but it is minor. It will heal within a few hours," I replied, recognizing my surroundings, "Now, if you will excuse me, I need to be off. Thank you all so much for what you did."

   I began to walk off with a slight smile on my face.

   "So, those are a few of your rebels, Fu? I am quite impressed," I commented under my breath.

   Someday, I hope to fight by their side. It would truly be astounding but at the moment, I have more pressing matters that need to be discussed.

{+}{+}{+}

   "Come in," Masted Fu called from the other side of the door. I entered the room and sat on the empty mat as pre-usual.

   "It is very nice to see you, Juleka," the elder man greeted, "Why have you come? You do not usually visit me this quickly."

   My hands clenched the skirt of my dress, and my eyes locked on this scene. I bit the bottom of my lip. I do not know if he will have the answers I am looking for. Aside from my apprentice, Master Fu and Lady Olympia are the only other people I trust. Still, this is very hard for me.

   "What is wrong Juleka?" Fu asked in concern.

   I opened my mouth and then closed it. Taking a deep breath in through my nose, I gathered the courage to look Master Fu straight in the eye.

   "Master Fu...I...I think my brother is alive."

Fu perked up at this information and stroked his beard, questioning, "Your brother?"

He is probably surprised I am talking about my older brother. I am an extremely shy and a keep-to-oneself kind of person. Very little do I share informed with others unless I trust them. I probably only mentioned my brother once to Fu before since I dislike talking about my past.

"Yes," I confirmed with a nod.

"Luka Couffaine."

{+}{+}{+}

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

8K 342 34
When Hawkmoth begins attacking only at night, our two heros Ladybug and Chat Noir begin suffering from sleep deprivation. Which unfortunately led to...
5.8K 297 49
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is as we all know, the one and only Ladybug. She has an awesome partner named Chat Noir who's secret identity is none other th...
114K 4K 43
Adrien Agreste was a famous Olympian. He'd given up everything to pursue his dream, much to his fathers dislike. But an injury takes him out the spor...
897 12 25
Adrien and Marinette Agreste, a.k.a. Ladybug and Chat Noir are one of the top pairs working for a French secret service agency known as Miraculous. A...