weakness

By tropic2na

"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying... More

Authors Note - READ!
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four FINALE
bonus #1

eleven

3.8K 66 6
By tropic2na

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

Senior prom, the day I'm allegedly supposed to enjoy and be excited for. How am I supposed to be excited if my sunshine is going with none other than my 'brother'.

Bryson has been ruining my life since the day he was introduced. Dad cheated on mom almost 19 years ago and his mistress had Bryson. He only came into the picture whenever I was ten, ever since then my life was been hell. Literally. Bryson got everything even mom favorited him and he wasn't even her real son.

Last year, my girlfriend at the time, Katarina, was at a party with one of her friends. I'm assuming that's when Bryson and her met, well obviously. I guess they hit it off and they slept together and a month later, she left me for him.

**

"Hey Grayson. We need to talk." Kat says as she sits me down on the couch. I smile at her and sit on the couch across from her. "What's up pretty girl?" I chuckles. She looks at me nervously then back down at her palms. "I've been cheating on you." she frowns and stares at the floor.

'Ive been cheating on you.'

My heart drops to the floor and I felt the blood rush out of my face. "With who?" I say as my mouth ran dry. She couldn't even look me in the eye. "Bryson." She whispered.

**

I sighed and stared at the black suit in-front of me. Amanda picked it out, she said it would compliment her dress.

Amanda: Hey tiger. I'll be at Paisleys house getting ready with her. See you there. ;)

Me: See you.

God I hate that fucking nickname. I rolled my eyes at sight of the message. At least I'll see my sunshine. I grabbed my suit and began putting it on my body. Honestly, I didn't look half bad. It was tailored so tightly to my body, that my muscles were visible and you could slightly see my abs through the button down. I cant say that I wasn't feeling myself, cause I was.

Did I flex a little? Yes. A little was an understatement but you get the deal.

I walked down stairs to see mom with her camera ready. "Oh my handsome boy." She gloats and gives me a small hug. "Hi momma." I smile and scratch the back of my neck. "Hurry up! We gotta get to the Smiths house to get pictures with Jamie!" Mom yells as she opens the front door absolutely smiling. Her bright white teeth shined in the setting sun.

Moments later, we arrived at Jamie's, all I could think about was her and about how amazing she looked yesterday. "Gray, my man." Jamie chuckles as he daps me up. He gives me a small side hug as we both sat on the couch impatiently. "Try to talk to Paisley." Jamie whispers next to me, I glance up to see him leaning over his knees. I nod slowly when the front door opens. "Is she done yet?" Bryson scoffs, urgently. His eyes meet mine and his facial expression drops.

We hear clicks of heels on the hardwood floor from upstairs. Jamie and I stand up and stare at the top of the steps. Bryson scoots next to Jamie, who gives him a dirty look.

There she was. My sunshine.

She looked beautiful, her dress was a dark blue and had a simplistic vibe to it. Paisleys blonde hair contrasted with her tanned skin tone. God she never fails to impress me. Her makeup was light, and you wouldn't be able to tell she had it on if you were close.

Her icey blue eyes met mine and gave me a warm smile. She quickly looked away and placed her hand on the railing next to the stairs. "Paisley, you look beautiful." Bryson smiles, holding his hand out for her to take it and she does. I cant explain the feeling that just rose in my stomach. My fist clenched when I saw them together. Suddenly, my eyes redirected to the taller girl in the room. Amanda. Her dress was red, not as pretty as Paisleys if I'm being honest.

"Hey tiger." She smiles as she puts both of her arms around my neck, slightly kissing me on the cheek. I feel a pair of eyes burning into my head and when I glance over, I saw Paisley staring at me. As much as she would want to deny it, I could tell she was jealous. Just by the way she looked at me really. "Pictures! Pictures everyone!" My mom shouts as we all get into a group pose. Me, Bryson and Jamie were standing next to each other. Jamie was in the middle.

Amanda was by my side and Paisley was next to Bryson. We took a few pictures and then we all got into the small limo our parents rented for the night. The ride was silent, Paisley was on her phone the entire time. Not paying attention to anyone. My eyes trailed down to Bryson's hand rubbing circles around her exposed thigh. Jamie nudged my shoulder and chuckled.

We arrived at the barn, that prom was being hosted it. It was very nice. Most of the decorations were black and white. There were also a lot of different games outside. Although it hasn't even started yet, there were so many people and music was already blasting through the air. Kenyia walked over to Paisley and they started taking. Amanda hand trailed up my chest. "You, me, my house tonight?" Amanda whispers into my ear. She pulls back from my face as I nod slightly. Amanda smiles and walks away.

"Gray, seriously." Jamie rolled his eyes as he stood next to me. His eyes stayed on Kenyias, I smirked. "Paisleys not even here with me. She shouldn't care." I shrug, placing my eyes on the grass under me. Jamie lets out a sigh and pats my back. "But she does, dude."

"Okay, say she does. Bryson is glued to her side, how am I supposed to say anything to her?" I frown and scratch the back of my head. Jamie just stands there in silence. "I don't know dude. Just try something."

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

The night was going pretty well, I hung out with the team most of it. The only time I was with Amanda was for pictures. Every few minutes, I was stare at the table across from me to see Paisley sitting there, with Bryson. They both get up and walk towards the barn doors, his hand on her back. She looked uncomfortable.

"Hey bro, you good?" Oliver asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I nod and take a bite of my food. He ruffles my hair a little bit and walks off.

It's been about fifteen minutes since Paisley and that douchebag went outside. I feel like something's off. I ended up walking outside, trying to find at least one of them. But they're not to be found. I frown and place my hands on the top of my head when I heard a quiet whimpering. My eyebrows furrow as I try to follow the sound, it took me a few tries but then I saw her. I saw the small blonde girl who has changed my life in the past two weeks, crying behind the barn. I rush over to her. "Jesus christ, Sunny." I mumble as I kneel to her level. Paisleys glossy eyes meet mine and she immediately places her hands over her face.

"Don't look at me." she whispered. I sat next to her and leaned against the wall, looking up. She peaks over at me then wipes her face. "Jamie was right." She frowned and place her hands around her waist. "God, I never thought I was this stupid." Paisley chuckles. "What happened?" I asked and she made eyecontact with me.

"Well," she began, collecting her thoughts. "He brought me back to the limo and was being very persistent-"

"Did he do anything to you?" My breath hitched and my fists clenched. Her eyes trailed down to my hand and she grabbed it, making me immediately calm again. Her thumb rubbed the middle of my
palm. "No." She smiled. "But I found out he was friends with my ex. It was all a set up to hurt me again." She sighed and placed her head on my arm. "I'm sorry, Grayson." she mumbled under her breath. I stroked her hair the entire time we were sitting like that.

Why are you sorry?

I put my hand under her chin, making her look at me. Her eyes scanned my face and I scanned hers. I wiped her mascara off her cheeks and stood her upright. Slow dance music began playing from inside, but it was loud enough to hear.

"May I have this dance?" I ask, holding my hand out. Her smile goes from ear to ear as she puts her hand in mine. My heart fluttered as I gently placed my hand on her hip. Paisley rested her head on my chest as we swayed to the beat of the music. I heard her breathing and felt her heart beating so fast. Is she as nervous as I am?

The music ends and a very upbeat song turns on. Parsley begins giggling and pulls away from my grasps. "You look stunning right now." I whisper and she just stares at me, her face slowly turning red. "You don't look half bad yourself, pretty boy." she chuckles and puts her hand on my chest.

"Yo! Gray! What're you doing dude?" someone shouts from the other side of the building. "Way to ruin the mood." I grumble and all Paisley could do was laugh. We both begin walking over to him, her a few steps behind me. It was Oliver. "Does Jamie-"

"Yes." we both say at the same time. Oliver nods accordingly and just scurry's off. "Do you want to get out of here?" I ask her as she smiles again, showing her pearly white teeth. I remember when she had braces, she absolutely refused to get any color other than pink. Jamie would always make fun of her because of it.

I call an uber and we wait around fifteen minutes for it. "Can you bring us to Glenn's Diner?" I ask and the uber driver nods and drives off. Paisley yawns and rests her head on my arm again. We arrive at the diner and we get ourselves a booth. "Grayson I don't have any money with me." she frowns and so chuckle it off. "Don't worry, sunny."

We both order our food, which was the same thing. Pancakes, eggs and bacon. "Remember when you asked me who my favorite person was?" I ask her and she nods. "Well, it's you." I smile.

It's always been you. I was just too dumb to see it.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

Sorry if I'm going a little fast through their romance. I'm only planning for this read to be around 25 chapters.

word count: 1856

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 831 52
" hey ". I look up to see a tall guy, around my age. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Wearing a jean jacket, jeans and a gray top with black running shoe...
76.4K 1.2K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
Broken By Claire

Teen Fiction

5.5K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
228K 6.7K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...