Sweetness Of Life ✔

By free_bird_123_

A sequel to Sweetness of Love. Achieving a blissful existence and a harmonious family is a universal desire... More

CHAPTER - 01
CHAPTER - 02
CHAPTER - 03
CHAPTER - 04
CHAPTER - 05
CHAPTER - 06
CHAPTER - 07
CHAPTER - 08
CHAPTER - 09
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER -13
CHAPTER - 14
CHAPTER - 15
CHAPTER - 16
CHAPTER - 17
CHAPTER - 18
CHAPTER - 19
CHAPTER - 20
CHAPTER - 21
CHAPTER - 22
CHAPTER - 23
CHAPTER - 24
CHAPTER - 25
CHAPTER - 26
CHAPTER - 27
CHAPTER - 28
CHAPTER - 29
CHAPTER - 30
CHAPTER - 31
CHAPTER - 33
CHAPTER - 34
CHAPTER - 35
CHAPTER - 36
CHAPTER - 37
CHAPTER - 38
Epilogue
Sweetness Of Life

CHAPTER - 32

215 43 39
By free_bird_123_

I walk to the hall where the photo shoot is going. I stand by the doorway and cross my arms on my chest with a smile as I look at Sam and Sara posing for the camera.

Mrs. Khan, the fashion designer suggested it would be good if Sam does only one shot because she is not showing yet. Sara on the other hand having twins shows up perfect for the maternity photo shoot.

Sam will be doing just one shot and then another model will join Sara. I talk with Mrs. Khan as the photographer continues to do his work.

"I look so cute," Sara says as we look at the photos when it is finally over.

"Yeah." Sam nods. "I look so hot."

"Hot? In these light colors?" Sara asks sarcastically.

"I know the color doesn't give hot vibes but look at my eyebrows and sexy long legs."

I laugh as Sara looks down carefully. "I mean, you aren't lying. I love your eyebrows anyway."

Sam gives me a smug smile and I roll my eyes at her. I know we have argued a lot over who has impressive eyebrows and the fact that Sara praised her isn't benefiting.

I don't want to argue with her because I don't want Sara to take my side. All of this is to make them friends so yeah, I think I'll not argue over it but I still have more impressive eyebrows than Sam.

Sara goes back to the task and Sam stays back with me. I make her sit on one of the chairs in the room and then hand her a water bottle.

I haven't had a chance to talk with anyone. We stayed at my in-laws for the entire week and we enjoyed ourselves a lot. It's been a great family time and it even made me question if I want to shift back with them.

Neha and I had a lot of conversations this entire week. I haven't really had a sister and having her share everything with me was a good feeling. She talked about how she managed to get her clear exams, her percentage, and her experience.

Then she mentioned how she met Kiaan. Apparently, he had designed the home for her when she decided to move out and that's how they started seeing each other more often.

My early mornings were amazing not only because I woke up in Abir's arms but it was good gossiping with my mother-in-law and Masi.

I loved the little banter they both shared over some recipes and I just laughed though I noted both of their ways to make it. I am gonna try their special dishes because Abir and my children love them.

As we sip the coffee in the morning we have had a very special time. I get that daughter-in-law vibes which I am sure I didn't feel before.

Masi shares the gossip of their neighbors with my mother-in-law and that leads to a long conversation. We go from east to west, north to south while talking as we make breakfast.

There isn't one particular topic, everything is random but it's amusing to see how we talk so much on different topics without making effort.

Abir got a bit irritated because two times I missed giving him coffee. He would run down the stairs and look at me in disbelief as he makes coffee for himself avoiding my gaze and showing his annoyance. I have fun with it because I love irritating him and then convincing him with a lot of kisses.

His annoyance isn't hidden and I get teased for it by Masi and my mother-in-law after he storms out of the kitchen, as they say, You should go see if your husband needs you.

Badi maa had stopped by for dinners and it was good having her with my in-laws. She said she was proud of me. How I handled everything and how I am handling everything. Coming that from her meant a lot because she doesn't compliment anyone just like that even if it is her daughter.

Asad and Foziah stopped by on Friday evening to ask us how we were doing. Asad and I are actually looking forward to working together for the non-profit business I was planning to start.

We are planning to name it after our children wanting them to look after it when they grow up. I don't know what they would want to do when they grow up but we decided we could enlighten them on how to look after it and its purpose.

Abir is excited about the home he is been working on along with Kiaan and Ishaan. If I was still the old Mishti I am sure I would have said I'll pay half of it but now I won't.

I understand Abir is a man and he might feel the need to look after his family. I don't want to show him off that even I earn. I'll let him take care of the family and step back from it.

I am looking forward to working with Ishaan and Kiaan to build a beach house for us. It would be nice to have a place where we can all go to enjoy ourselves. I am excited about it already though I asked both of them to keep it secret.

Kunal and I had a lot of a great time talking with each other and making Abir jealous over it. He made Maggi for me and I'll be honest it was tasty.

We even went on playing Kabaddi on Sunday night with Kunal and my Nanu on my team. Masi and my mother-in-law were with Abir. Arya and Aryan cheered for all of us and the game didn't reach a proper end because Abir was cheating and I got annoyed and backed off.

The entire week was amazing and none of us went to the office. We postponed the meetings which were possible and handled a few of them online.

Arya and Aryan's school takes some thirty minutes from here so that's the only problem because that means they are supposed to wake up a little early than usual.

This week was all about family time for me so I didn't look forward to meeting any of my friends. Sara, Sam, and Shreya had contacted me, and I shared with them how happy and free I feel now.

"So, how's everything going on?" I ask Sam as she puts the water bottle aside.

"The pregnancy?" She asks as I grab a chair and sit beside her.

"All of it." I smile. "I heard you are having a great time. Neha mentioned."

Neha and Kiaan kind of stay together and Ishaan stays next to them. So Neha has been in touch with her more than any of us.

"Neha has been a great help, I won't lie." She says slowly. "I mean she sides up with me when I have mood swings and argue with Ishaan."

I laugh and she smiles. "Kiaan is sweet. He took me out shopping twice and asked if I could help him select something."

"What?" I ask curiously.

"Well, that's our secret." She winks.

"Are you sure you are Sam?" I tease. "Because the Sam I know didn't want friends except Shreya and me."

"Kiaan is not exactly a friend." She rolls her eyes. "He's a good company and he thought I am great at the selection you know? I love praises so I helped him and that's going to be our secret till they go on a honeymoon, I guess."

"You know none of us would mind you making a new friend," I say.

"Are you and Shreya trying to get rid of me?" She frowns. "You guys have now got new friends."

"Not at all." I shake my head. "I just want to balance my past and present. It includes Sara and she is not a new friend, Sam." I say gently.

She looks at Sara behind the cameras and smiles. "She is fun though. This weekend we had a lot of fun."

"Like?"

"She made her husband drive us to theaters, parks, and beaches. We ditched him in the theater just for fun and it was fun yet not fun because he got a little mad at her in the end."

"That wasn't a very good idea." I narrow my eyes at her. "You guys are pregnant, you should be careful."

"We weren't running or something." She shrugs. "It was her plan anyway."

"And they fought?"

"I was expecting a very big fight, actually and I was all ready to grab popcorn and enjoy it but everything got fine as soon as Kabir hugged her, and she apologized." She rolls her eyes.

"I am glad that didn't cause them a huge fight." I shake my head at her. "So, are you guys friends now?"

"Friends?" She asks slowly. "If making fun of people, cracking jokes, and enjoying company mean friends then I guess we are kind of friends."

"Just say it aloud you are friends." I roll my eyes at her.

"Won't that hurt you?" She raises her eyebrows. "I care about your feelings you know."

"Thank you very much." I roll my eyes but I can't stop the smile. "Sam, I want to balance my life and I don't want to hurt anyone. I might not remember how close I was to Sara but I can understand how bad she might feel seeing me with you and Shreya. Would you not feel bad if you were in her position?"

She doesn't say anything so I continue. "I don't want any of you arguing over it. We can all be friends, right? There's no limitation."

"I know you don't want a lot of people in your life but when they can give you some happy moments why do you want to push them away?"

She rolls her eyes. "I don't want to be emotional so yeah, stop the speech."

I laugh at her and she smiles. "Well, if us doing maternity photo shoot was your plan to make us friends then you have definitely succeeded at it."

"Wow." I chuckle. "How is Ishaan Everything good with him?"

She frowns. "Is it weird he kind of said he loves me?"

"It's not weird, Sam." I slap her arm. "It's a good thing, I feel."

"Well, I kind of argued with him over it. He said he would marry me."

"Don't you think you should give it a shot?" I ask feeling a little hopeful.

"Not going to think about anything until I deliver the baby. It's my priority right now."

I nod. Sam has had a miscarriage before but I know that was due to a lot of stress. Nothing would go wrong this time. Hopefully.

"What did Rayan want to talk about?" I ask after a moment. "Did you call him?"

"The request was strange so yeah I called him." She looks away.

"And?"

She takes in a deep breath. "He is having a daughter who lives with her maternal family since she was three years old as her mother died during birth. Now she doesn't want to stay there because all her cousins have mothers except her."

I look at her in disbelief. "He sort of wants me to be the mother of his daughter just to make her happy. He thinks I can do it and he can't trust anyone else."

"Wow," I say in disbelief. "I- I am sorry. I'm not sure how to react."

"I know." She nods. "It's a little crazy having him being all good."

"So... did you meet her?"

"Not yet. I didn't give him a response. I can understand how his daughter might feel not having a mother but I am not good either." She sighs as she places her hand on her stomach. "I have my baby to think about too."

"Don't stress." I place my hand on hers. "You'll figure out, Sam. I know you are going to amazing mother because you have an idea of what makes someone a horrible mother. I'm sure you won't repeat the mistakes."

She nods and looks down sadly. "Thank you." She whispers as she looks up at me.

I feel a little sad as I watch tears in her eyes, she reaches out to wipe them away.

"It's the hormones. I don't cry." She says making me chuckle.

Later we get down to the cafeteria to grab some lunch. Kabir and Ishaan have my phone blowing up with texts asking how they are doing since the photo shoot was today.

I set my phone aside after replying to them and concentrate on what Sara and Sam talking about.

"Mishti, do you know Sara doesn't eat apples at all?" Sam asks with a chuckle.

"I didn't." I frown looking at them and Sara also looks confused.

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Sam begins to smile slowly. "Since her husband is a doctor she keeps the apple away."

Sara and I laugh and Sam grins. "That was a good one. I would throw the apple away to be with him."

"Yeah. I still can't believe how lucky you guys are to have two babies at one time." Sam looks between us.

"What can I say?" Sara laughs. "Our husbands have good shots."

"Sara." I look at her in disbelief while she continues to laugh.

"And I had a one-night shot." Sam grins as she looks down at her stomach.

"Okay, guys change the topic," I say as I look around hoping no one here has sharp ears as my husband and son.

I reach for my phone when it vibrates.

❊❊

How was it?

Romance coming up. It's going to be silly anyway! 🤣

This chapter had no right taking so long time but I enjoyed writing it. 😂❤

Do vote, comment, and share your views.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 371 5
"Its cold abir,"mishti screamed. "Yes angry chorni,it's cold because its ice."I said in her ear and she arched her body. I started kissing her neck a...
25K 2.4K 36
___ Danger is what their life depicts . Mishti ~ This name itself means sweetness. But destiny has always been bitter to her. Abir ~ In urdu it me...
16.8K 1.6K 12
A chirpy, happy-go-lucky girl Mishti meets a business tycoon Abir who has almost forgot to live, smile in his black and white life. How will Mishti p...
35K 2.2K 13
It's Hard For Mishti And Abir Living without Each Other..They Got Married After A Crossing Many Hurdles, But May Be Destiny Wants To Test More, Livin...