Stranger Things Imagines

By ObsidianLies

Just as the title says. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll get to them when I can. There's a lot... More

Favourite Song
Eddie's Graduation
Henderson!
Delayed Reaction
Comfortable
New Birthday
Finding Dart
Bad Swimmer
Crying In The Woods
Beach Day
Left Out
Haircut
The Freak Vs The Hair
Vol 2
1K!
I'll Cover You
Late
Welcome To Hellfire
Talking To The Dead
Rainy Day
Makeup
2K!
Grief
Recovery
Roller Rink
Surprise!
Singing In The Shower
Heatwave
Break Up
3K!
Cheerleading
Tattoos And Buzzed Hair
5 Drunks and A Girl
Bait And Betrayal
Stockholm Syndrome
4K!
New Style
Chimes & Vines
D&D + Immortality
5K!
Promo Video
Love Language
Bad Haircut
Learning To Drive
6K!
Stray
Saving Dustin
A/N
7K!
A Night With The Mayfields
Weekend Away
Ring Code
8K!
Guilt
High As A Kite
Awkward Explanation
9K!
Embarrassing
Forgotten Song
10K!
Old Friend
Nightmare
New Employees
11K!
Mother Figure
12K!
13K!
New Book!
14K!
15K!
16K!
17K!
MADMAX
Reconnect
Failsafe
Intentions
Instincts

'Business Trip'

358 3 0
By ObsidianLies

After Hopper died last year, El and the Byers family moved out of Hawkins. They went all the way to California - we haven't seen them since. It took a while to adjust, but I still talk to them a lot. I feel a sisterly responsibility to make sure El is okay - I was with her when she realised that Hopper wasn't coming back. Whilst Joyce hugged Will, I hugged and comforted a grieving El.

With school finally over, Mike and I flew over to stay with them over the summer. As much as I wanted to check on El - which I did - I drifted more to Will since Mike was practically ignoring him. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who remembered his birthday. We just had a nightmare experience at the roller rink. El just can't catch a break.

"I think what you did was completely justified." I tell her as we all walk through the door - not really paying attention to anything else until I hear Jonathan speak up.

"Hi, Murray." What the hell is he doing here?

Cut to the next day

Everyone was acting strange at dinner last night. When Joyce told us about a sudden business trip, I instantly called bullshit - though I kept quiet. It's a little convenient that Murray shows up out of the blue and she suddenly has business out of state.

Since I didn't believe a word they said, I hid in the trunk of the car on the way to the airport and tailed them to their gate. Luckily, I had my wallet and money left from my birthday to get me a last minute plane ticket. I'm currently sat alone right behind them and they have no idea.

"I'm just worried about the kids. I know I shouldn't be - Jonathan will look after them. They'll be fine."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." I speak up, making them snap their heads around. "Hate to break it to you, but Jonathan has turned into a massive stoner."

"What are you doing here?" Joyce questions with wide eyes.

"I didn't agree to babysit." Murray claims as I flip him the bird.

"Y/N, you can't be here."

"Well, it's a bit late for that. Now, given the amount of money you're carrying..." I lower my voice. "And the fact that I'm not an idiot, I know this isn't a business trip. Since you're stuck with me, you might as well tell me what's actually going on." They're speechless for a moment.

"I can't believe this." Murray mutters.

Joyce proceeds to tell me the truth with Murray cutting in every 5 seconds. I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"Hop is alive and you weren't gonna say anything? Not even to El?" I freak out.

"I didn't want to get her hopes up in case it goes wrong."

"The more people find out, the bigger the risk. You just made this a lot harder than it needs to be - so thank you for that." Murray complains but I ignore him.

"If this goes wrong, you're making those kids orphans and they wouldn't know what happened. There's no winning." I try to reason with Joyce.

The rest of the journey is as awkward as you'd think it would be. It's not exactly warm here and this Yuri guy is creeping me out. How is this guy not locked up? We've been here for so long - I couldn't be more bored.

Every time this dude talks in Russian, I hurl insults at him under my breath. Murray hears a couple of them and agrees with me - the closest we'll get to getting along. Little does he know, I actually know Russian.

I don't trust Yuri at all, so I refuse coffee. As I wander around waiting for something to happen, I overhear an incriminating phone call. When I turn around, I notice Joyce and Murray passing out. That's when I realise the coffee was drugged.

What am I supposed to do? As I hear the door to his office begin to open, I jump around the corner to try and think of a plan. Yuri chuckles before he realises I'm not there. As he walks forward, I run out from my hiding spot and jump on his back. Even though he manages to shake me off, I know how to fight. Yuri isn't even a challenge as his skill doesn't exist. Fortunately, I knock him out fairly quickly.

With everyone else unconscious, I need to come up with something and fast. I guess I can't complain about being bored anymore. After letting out a sigh, I drag Yuri back into his office. I lock him in and barricade the door just to be sure. There doesn't really seem to be much I can do. However, if Hopper really is alive, every second I waste is another second he's in god knows what kind of danger.

The original plan was to take this plane to get him back. Yuri's new plan was trading us for money. If we can get there and have Murray pose as Yuri, we could take them out from the inside. It's a long shot, but what else are we supposed to do? I carefully drag Joyce and Murray onto the plane with everything I think we'll need for this plan to work - as well as the money so that Joyce isn't robbed of 40 grand.

Now for the hard part. I search everywhere before finally finding a manual. Before I do anything else, I need to figure out which direction the prison is. With that knowledge, I start studying the manual. God, this is insane. After a few minutes, I think I can fly this thing. Well, maybe. I check it over a few more times and leave it open in front of me as I try to start the engine. This is gonna be extremely difficult, but it seems like it's doing something as we roll forward. With space being limited, I pull up and hope for the best. Holy shit! We're airborne! I did it!

About 10 minutes go by before my concentration is disrupted. Joyce starts yelling at me with a few comments from Murray when he finds room to speak. They clearly think I'm Yuri.

"In case you haven't noticed, you're not handcuffed and I'm not Yuri!" I shout and try not to crash.

"How are you flying this thing?" Joyce asks as they rush over to me.

"Same way anyone else would."

"What kind of 14 year old knows how to fly a plane?" Murray needs to calm down.

"I'm 18, asshole." I correct him. "And I read the manual."

"You know Russian?" Joyce is surprised.

"Since when do you know Russian?" Murray adds.

"Since I was captured by them in their mall lair last year because that also happened - it wasn't just the mind flyer, remember? Also, you missed some badass karate on my part."

"You know karate now too?"

"Yeah, I literally got captured and tortured by these guys like 8 months ago. If you want, we can spar sometime when we get back. If we get back. More of a challenge than the 13 year olds you're used to."

"Uh...sure..."

Murray tries to take over, but that instantly turns into a disaster - so I take back control. I proceed to tell them about the phone call Yuri had, what happened after that and my plan. I don't know why they have to seem so shocked by how amazing I am - this isn't the first time I've been a huge contributor in a life or death situation.

We don't land too close just to be sure we aren't seen too soon. After acquiring a van, Murray transforms into Yuri whilst Joyce and I pose as victims for his trade. Now in the prison walls, we wait in a separate room. The anticipation grows as time goes on. I remove the scarf from my mouth to scold the man child in front of me.

"Will you stop playing with the gun!"

"I'm practicing."

"You thought I'd get us killed." I scoff. "At this rate, you'll do that by yourself."

"Both of you be quiet or they'll hear us." Joyce warns us.

"I'm starting to regret following you guys here. And to be honest, I'm terrified."

"Me too, but I'll be with you the whole time." Joyce reassures me.

Just a moment later, we are met by prison guards. For a second I think they see through us, but they're joking. I didn't expect jokes in this environment. With that obscure introduction over, they escort us through the facility. As we reach the middle section of the second story, they stop us and direct our attention to the ground below.

Oh my god. Hopper really is alive. I'm not sure what's going on, but it can't be good. Suddenly, a door opens. After a moment of nothingness, a demogorgon leaps out. How do the Russians have a demogorgon? Joyce and I look at each other in fear as Murray tries to move on with the plan. I want to shout out to Hopper, but that could distract him - it's too dangerous.

As things get more intense for all of us, I make a break for it. Joyce warns me to stay close but I keep going. Every second counts when you're trapped with a demogorgon. As I run, I fight and dodge who I have to in order to clear a path to the control room.

As the first person to the room, I quickly find myself outnumbered. Luckily, the others are behind me and soon, there is only one Russian standing between us and the control panel. Since he refused to open the door and we're running out of time, I drag him out of his chair and fight him so the others can get to the buttons.

"Joyce, we don't know what they do." Murray states as she frantically presses everything and I knock this guy out.

"One has to work." I defend her as I join her and start pressing the buttons.

With each button pressed, it seems like we may be too late. That is until I hit the correct button. We see Hopper and some other guy manage to escape. Realising that there's another door that needs opening, Joyce presses the only button she hasn't tried. As the door slowly opens, we move to the side - hoping it's not a coincidence and that it's the right door. As soon as Joyce lays her eyes on him, she races over hugs him with a bone crushing grip. Though hesitant, he holds her close with a smile - something he probably hasn't done for a long time. This sweet moment is ruined when Murray speaks to me.

"I hope you know that you're a pain in my ass." He claims considering I ignored him and Joyce multiple times - even though it was for the best.

"Admit it, you like me."

"I don't." I just stare at him, knowing he's in denial. "You're okay." I smirk since I know I'm now one of his favourite people - and he isn't the biggest fan of people.

"Hey, Hopper." I greet him as I take a few steps away from my new best friend.

"Y/N?" He stops hugging Joyce. "You brought Y/N? Why would you bring Y/N?" He frantically questions given I shouldn't have been here.

"We didn't." Joyce protests.

"She's a stowaway." Murray adds.

"A stowaway who just saved all of us twice in the space of a few hours. You're welcome." I quickly stand up for myself.

"You what?" Hopper questions and looks at us all with concern - clearly wondering why an 18 year old had to save multiple people in the first place.

"I'll tell you later." I wave it off considering the circumstances. "Oh, and, El would want me to give you this." I add before walking over and hugging him. "It's really good to see you, Hopper."

"It's good to see you too, kid. How is she?"

"She's good. She misses her dad though." Joyce smiles.

"But we should talk about that only the plane. Considering we're in a Russian prison with a demogorgon on the loose, I'd say we have more important things to worry about." I add with a hint of urgency.

"Let's go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 57 16
๐’๐“๐‘๐€๐๐†๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐—”๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ฎ ๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป, ๐—Ÿ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€...
858 10 19
โ†ณ โ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ฒ ๐ข ๐ญ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž ๐Ž๐ก ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ก, ๐ข ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ...
43.7K 644 12
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ’ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ. ๐ˆ๐ง ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๏ฟฝ...
7.8K 141 25
๐ผ๐‘› ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘โ„Ž ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘™ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘˜. "๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ฃ๐‘œ...