Alone #4: The Dynasty of Truth

By -LuckyElf-

The Dynasty has always been alone. Ravenflight, Ebonywind and Amberclaw have found the mysterious mountain c... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 6

12 3 1
By -LuckyElf-

Yet two moons later, they still hadn't left. Perhaps it was Ebonywind making excuses, or Blackshine's new dejectedness, but they hadn't made any progress. Ravenflight was uneasy, always shifting from paw to paw. She knew something was going to happen, and it would be soon.

Ebonywind was always tired, saying that she was nervous at night and couldn't sleep. Ravenflight agreed with her. Lack of sleep was common for the Clan cats now. She had had so many sleepless nights that Ravenflight had simply given up and taken to planning just in case the rogues attacked them.

Almost every night, Ravenflight would continue her planning with Amberclaw. The light ginger she-cat was suspicious of Ebonywind and would often declare her worries to Ravenflight. Ravenflight dismissed them all, knowing that Ebonywind was loyal. But Amberclaw had a right to worry. Ebonywind had been missing for awhile, almost two days now.

Rustfern and Blackshine weren't fearful at all, fighting each other to train. Johnwatcher, Midnightcall and Lilacblaze would work out new battle strategies to fend off more vicious attacks that Midnightcall had picked up as a loner; the attacks that would kill.

"This is frustrating," Amberclaw commented as Ravenflight realized another one of their escape routes wasn't going to work.

"I know!" Ravenflight growled, shredding the ground with her claws. "This tension is killing me. Literally."

Amberclaw sighed, flopping down on the ground. "We need to leave. We've procrastinated enough. We need to leave."

"I can feel it in my pelt," Ravenflight agreed. "If we don't leave within the next moon, we're crowfood."

A owl hooted in the distance and Ravenflight shivered, shifting closer to Amberclaw. "We're leaving tomorrow."

"If we can find Ebonywind," Amberclaw muttered darkly before she started to snore lightly.

Ravenflight closed her eyes, attempting to sleep, but it didn't work. She lay awake, her eyes open and reflecting the pale moon, and watched the sunrise.

Ravenflight rallied the Clan cats, gathering them into a quiet corner of the camp. "We're leaving tonight. Today, we're going to find Ebonywind. We need her back."

"Found her." Blackshine mewed sullenly. True enough, Ebonywind had just walked into the camp, dragging her paws.

Blackshine's new depression was affecting all of the cats. They didn't know it, but his bubbly and bright personality had kept them positive and happy. Now that he was moody, all the cats were on their toes, waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Ravenflight filled Ebonywind in, careful not to question about where she had been. Amberclaw would do that, very loudly, she knew.

Ravenflight was correct, as while the Clan cats ate some prey together, Amberclaw started growling at Ebonywind. Loudly.

"Where in StarClan have you been?" Amberclaw yowled, her fur bristling. "We've been planning!"

Ravenflight winced. Autumn had noticed and was listening.

"Keep your fur on," Ebonywind mewed boredly. "I've been exploring."

"Exploring?" Amberclaw exploded. "For two whole days?"

Now, Ebonywind looked alarmed. "Two days? I thought it was just one day!"

"How can you not notice?" Amberclaw scoffed.

"In my defence," Ebonywind began, heated.

"Enough!" Autumn commanded. "You are ruining the peace of the Dynasty. Please stop, otherwise I must ask you to leave."

"Autumn! You wouldn't do that!" Dawnmist was appalled as she stared at the Dynasty's leader.

"I'll do whatever I want," Autumn hissed before stalking into her den.

"Who made dirt in her fresh-kill?" Dawnmist waved it off, but Ravenflight could tell she was bothered.

"It doesn't matter. We're leaving. Tonight." Ravenflight whispered and they began their plan.

Once the sun began to set, Ravenflight and the others crept out of camp, careful not to step on any twigs or leaves. They ran through the tunnel until they were out of the ravine.

"We made it," Johnwatcher breathed in relief.

"Oh, yes, you did," a silky voice drawled.

"Dark!" Ravenflight gasped.

"Dark..." Lilacblaze breathed. "I didn't believe it, but I do now."

"Happy to see me, you fools?" Dark growled. He stepped aside to reveal his rogues.

Blackshine wailed in horror while Johnwatcher leapt up in the air. Midnightcall froze and Dawnmist stiffened.

About thirty or so rogues stood behind Dark, lined up in neat, straight rows, their eyes gleaming in the darkness, burning amber, shiny and ferocious green, dark and menacing blue and piercing yellow, as they unsheathed their claws as one, ready to attack.

"Warn the Dynasty!" Ravenflight snapped at Rustfern.

"I'll go!" Ebonywind interrupted, fleeing down the tunnel.

When did she become so scared of a battle?

There was no time to question Ebonywind's decision. Ravenflight yowled and charged Dark, bowling him over.

"Attack, RevengeClan!" Dark caterwauled in return, slamming his paw on Ravenflight's head.

Pain shot through her body but she continued on, fear racing through her body. But once again, the Clan cats were outnumbered. Eight cats who wouldn't kill against thirty rogues who would kill? Low chances of winning.

"Oh, by Truth!"

Ravenflight dimly realized that Autumn was here with the Dynasty. But the Dynasty couldn't help. Their number one rule was no fighting. And even if they did fight, the hunters didn't know how to. The guards only knew how to fight foxes and badgers and other predators. Not other cats.

The Dynasty would not be any help, Ravenflight realized.

Ravenflight helped River stand up before yelling at Autumn. "This is pointless! We're getting killed here!"

Autumn glanced desperately at the cats before nodding, her eyes closed. "Cats of the Dynasty! Flee! Follow me, every cat!"

Ravenflight was the first to Autumn's side, dipping her head at the leader. Autumn broke into a sprint and gradually, the cats began to follow. The rogues spat in frustration when Dark signalled with his tail for them to stop.

"We have their camp," Dark growled. "We have the advantage."

Never, Ravenflight thought. We'll always fight you, and win. We may have lost this time, but we'll learn to fight. We'll win.

Autumn refused to slow down until they reached an abandoned Twoleg settlement. "We can settle here," she called to the cats.

The cats stopped, panting, as mutters and whispers became heated arguments.

"Cold, sleepy and hungry cats are cranky cats," Ravenflight told Autumn.

The leader shook her head, irritated, before yowling. "Enough!"

All the cats turned to look at her.

"We will work out new dens, I promise," Autumn mewed loudly. "In fact, we'll do that right now."

She scanned the Twoleg houses before purring in satisfaction. "Hunters, you'll live in that brown building over there. And guards, do you see the white one beside it? You'll live there."

"What about us?" Amberclaw called.

"What about you?" Autumn blinked.

"This is Twoleg stuff! Disgusting!" Rustfern growled.

"I'm fine with it..." Johnwatcher trailed off. "It's not that bad."

"Clan cats don't do Twoleg stuff," Dawnmist explained.

"Well then," Autumn was stumped. "You can made a den wherever you want."

"No thanks," Lilacblaze shivered. "We'll go find a Twoleg building."

With that, Lilacblaze, Johnwatcher and Midnightcall trooped off towards a red building.

"Night Sky and I will be in that little black building, if you need us. Hunters, I need at least some of you to go look for some food. That's all. You may go." Autumn finished before leaning against Night Sky.

"Time to go make a den," Ravenflight sighed.

"Actually, I'll go with the Dynasty cats," Ebonywind mewed emotionlessly. "I don't mind."

Amberclaw gaped at her. "Are you serious? We're Clan cats!"

"Its time to change," Ebonywind followed the hunters towards the brown building, eventually disappearing."

"Did you guys see that?" Amberclaw snarled, jabbing her tail in the direction of Ebonywind.

"I admit, that was a little weird," Dawnmist mewed thoughtfully.

"It wasn't a little weird," Amberclaw shot back. "It was paranormal! Clan cats just don't do Twoleg stuff."

"I'm too tired to think," Ravenflight interrupted them. "Lets just get this den finished."

A/N longer chapter yay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 865 24
In a forest where Rusty never joined ThunderClan after deciding to remain a kittypet, the 'fire alone can save our Clan' prophecy has been lost. But...
2.1K 94 12
On a cold leaf-bare afternoon, RiverClan is struck with tragedy when both the leader and deputy meet their end. The Clan is left leaderless with no d...
340 130 23
𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑺 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑴𝑶𝑶𝑵: 𝑫𝑨𝑹𝑲𝑬𝑵𝑬𝑫 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑬𝑪𝒀 ━━━ ❝𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮�...
993 25 25
What if Tigerstar didn't die? What if Scrouge helped him? What if he had two daughters with Leopardstar who sought out to destroy all the Clans, from...