𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘵𝘴...

By softlyiridescent

❝ Crazy how fast a rootbeer float could bring two people together, huh? ❞ ∘◦ ミ☆ ◦∘ IN WHICH ramona garcía f... More

Rootbeer Floats
Mixtape
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Six

2.9K 114 22
By softlyiridescent

Chapter Forty-Six
savior

"You're staying with him?" Steve repeated in shock, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Steve, he's not really in a position to be left alone right now." Ramona pointed out, "Okay? I'll be okay for an hour, Steve."

"Ramona.." Steve sighed, dropping his head. "I just have a bad feeling."

"Get the guy some food," She stood pressed a short kiss to his lip, smiling as Steve pulled her back in for another. "We'll be fine. I'll be fine."

Steve sighed, resting his forehead against hers. "Okay. But if anything happens-"

"We'll run like hell, Harrington."  Eddie interrupted, shifting his position in the boat.

Steve couldn't help but feel annoyed at the interruption, but he relented and pulled away. "We'll be back soon."

Ramona nodded, watching as he left the boathouse and disappeared behind the actual house. She hoped Steve wouldn't worry too much. There were more important things going on.

Minutes passed in silence, silence that Ramona didn't mind, watching the car speed away.

"So.." Eddie trailed off, tossing a fishing bobber into the air and catching it repeatedly. "You and Harrington?"

Ramona smiled sheepishly, looking away from the window and towards Eddie. "Yeah. Yeah. I know, right? Last time we actually talked I wanted you to run him over with your van."

Eddie laughed, a genuine and real laugh, "You begged me to do it, even said you'd do it yourself."

Ramona chuckled, hair falling into her eyes as she let her head dip down for a moment. Eddie smiled at the sound, grateful for something actually innocent, it was a nice change from what he'd been experiencing in the last twenty-four hours.

"Weird, isn't it?" Ramona tilted her head, "Now, I can't imagine living without him."

"When'd that happen?"

"Uh.. July, last July." Ramona leaned on the old table, elbows resting on either side of her torso. Eddie nodded, eyes drifting down her arms and to the tip of the brand peeking out of her shorts.

"Can I ask you something?" Eddie's voice was tender, eyes softening as she grew visibly uncomfortable. "Now, if you don't wanna answer. Don't. Tell me to shut up, and you always used to, and I will.. But can I?"

Ramona shifted under his gaze. "You just did."

Eddie scoffed, sitting straight up. "Come on.

Ramona inhaled shakily, motioning for him to ask. "What happened to you?"

Ramona blinked, brows furrowing. Her jaw fell open as she tried to form a proper sentence. "What do you mean?"

"You're different," Eddie said, eyes following her actions as she cleared a spot on the table big enough for her to sit. "You've changed."

Ramona nodded, nervously laughing as she moved to sit on the table."I'm not fourteen anymore, I'm actually eighteen now, so-"

"That's not what I mean." Eddie cut her off. Ramona bit her lip, sighing and shaking her head.

"I know." She admitted, knuckles turning white from the grip she held on the old wood.

"You're quieter now. More reserved.. sadder."
Eddie pointed out, "I ask again, what happened?"

"Do you remember the mall fire? Last summer?" Eddie nodded, causing her to continue. "It wasn't a fire. There was Russians, and.. people were being mind controlled. But-But, ask Max about that. I don't know much, I was in the Russian lab. It was under the mall."

Eddie nodded, silently chewing on his lip and motioning for her to continue. She did. "They did things to us, tortured us- Dustin, he saved our lives. I owe that kid everything, and I'll owe him 'til the day I die. But, I've seen things.. done things."

Ramona shook her head, ridding the memories threatening to creep through. "I see a therapist now, every other week, and even the school counselor the off weeks."

Eddie's eyes softened as he watched her blink the tears away and shake her head. "God, never mind. You don't need this right now, I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Eddie rushed to say, "Don't be. I missed talking to you."

Ramona shook her head, rolling her eyes. "Whatever, Eddie."

He laughed again, tossing the bobber at her. "You used to be my top customer-"

"Oh, so that's what I was being used for? My money?" Ramona tsk'd, rolling her eyes as she tossed the bobber back at him. "Wow."

"You used flattery against me, sweetheart." Eddie shrugged, "And-"

"You let me." Ramona pointed out.

"You know, Steve bought from me once or twice-"

"And I told you to fuck him over and give him oregano."

"And I did."

"I'm so fucking glad it didn't kill him," Ramona sighed, absentmindedly kicking his feet. "I don't think I would've survived '84 without him.. He's been there for me, I wouldn't be able to do it without him anymore."

Eddie raised his eyebrows, waiting for her to continue. "I don't know, Eddie. It just feels like every year there's something new. Some new fucking threat, near death experience. I've had one every year since I was fifteen."

"You're just tired of fighting?" Eddie's voice was quiet and gentle, not wanting to cause her a disturbance.

Ramona nodded, "Yeah,"

"Yeah," His voice cracked, "Me too."

~~

Eddie tipped his head back, emptying the rest of the crumbs at the bottom of the cereal bag into his mouth.

Ramona twisted open the cap of the Yoo-Hoo, handing the bottle to Eddie with a gentle smile. "If you need anymore, tell me. Steve and I can pick up some other stuff."

"Thanks." Eddie said through a mouthful of half-chewed cereal.

"Ew! Man, chew with your mouth closed." Steve grimaced, scrunching his face up and looking away. "Gross."

Robin elbowed him, shooting him a warning look. Dustin cleared his throat, bringing the attention onto him. "So, uh, we got some good news.. and we got some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first," Eddie paused, taking a large gulp of the chocolate milk. "Always."

"Alright.. Bad News, we tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they are definitely looking for you." Dustin began, tapping the side of his head. "Oh! Also, they're, like, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like.. 100% kind of convinced." Max said, grimacing at the expression that crossed over his face.

"And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't hit the news, yet." Robin said, struggling to give him a smile, "But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do, too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the Freak, right?" Eddie said bitterly, shaking his head and looking to his feet.

"Exactly."

"Shit." Eddie's leg began to bounce out of anxiety, and his hand shook as he tightened his hold on the bottle.

"Hey," Ramona snapped her fingers, "Look at me. We won't let them get you. Got it?"

Eddie gulped, shifting under her intense gaze and nodding. "Got.. Uh, Got it."

Steve squared his shoulders, eye twitching as he crossed his arms in an attempt to appear larger.

He'd lost Nancy to a freak before, there was no way in hell he'd be losing Ramona to a freak. No, not when he was so madly and completely in love with her.  Not when he'd spent months pining for her, only to get her and almost lose her that same day.

Not when he'd spent months kissing her scars (especially the hammer and sickle one, the one she hated the most), holding her as she sobbed after a nightmare. 

Absolutely not.

Hell would freeze over before Steve allowed himself to lose her to Eddie fucking Munson.  Eddie the freak Munson.

"So, before that happens, all we need to find and kill Vecna and prove your innocence."

"That's all, Dustin?" Eddie repeated, incredulously, "That's all?"

"Yeah!" Dustin chirped, his voice high pitched. "Yeah. That's pretty much it."

"Listen. Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before." Robin waved her hands around for emphasis, tilting her head to the side. "Well, they have- they have a few times, and I have once. Mine was more.. human flesh-based.. and there's was more smoke-related."

"There were also Russians." Ramona pointed out.

"Right!" Robin pointed at her.

"Can't forget the Russians." Dustin shrugged, "Cannot forget the Russians." 

"Anyway, bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we all got this."

"We usually rely on this girl who has superpowers-" Steve scratched his face as he spoke.

"Eleven. Or El." Ramona continued.

"Yeah, right, but.. Uh.. those went bye-bye.. So.."  His voice trailed off towards the end of the sentence.

Eddie furrowed his eyebrows, looking back and forth between Robin and Steve as they bounced off each other. "Right! So we're technically more in the.."

"Kind of.." Max hummed, biting her lip. "Brainstorming?"

"Brainstorming!" Steve repeated, snapping his fingers. Eddie's stomach visibly dropped, the expression becoming clear on his face. His eyes drooped and his lips etched into a frown.

"Eddie," Ramona said, causing him to look up at her. "We've done this before. Me and Steve since '83."

"Yeah," Steve said, trying his very best to hide the bitterness in his tone. "You're fine."

"There's nothing.." Dustin's voice trailed off, almost as if he was trying to make himself believe his own words. "There's nothing to worry about."

Steve scoffed, cracking a smile. Ramona shot him a warning look, gently elbowing him in his side.

"Right. Nothing to worry-"  Steve's sentence was cut short as police sirens rang through the cove.

"Shit."

"Tarp." Dustin ordered, causing Eddie to pull the tarp over himself quickly while Ramona ran to the window.

Police cars and an ambulance wizzed by, blue and red lights flashing on the surrounding trees. The sirens faded as the farther the first responders got. An uncomfortable silence loomed over them all as Eddie cautiously pushed the tarp of off himself.

"Fuck, do you think it happened again?" Ramona muttered turning to Steve, heart sinking when he gave her a confirming nod.

"What else could it be?"

~~

a/n: guys.. i have so much planned ask my wife (kylie) the notes are paragraphs long

and eddie and ramona's friendship >>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 2.8K 60
After being thrown into the world of the Upside Down, Gwen Henderson now has to deal with something even more sinister. All while being forced to wor...
284K 10.3K 44
DISCONTINUED "Hey, Jackie, can we talk one ten to another?" "You're a seven, but continue." Steve Harrington x OC Post Season 1 - Season 3
142K 3K 29
"Who are you?" "002." Finding a girl in the woods isn't surprising anymore. (stranger things s2-4) (fem!oc x Steve Harrington) Season 2 ✅ Season 3 ✅...
1.3M 26.4K 61
"i'm on a roll this time i feel my luck could change." ❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎ steve harrington x fem oc stranger things s1 - s4