EXCEPTIONAL ༉ haikyū!! [RV/OG]

By lxvrmi

"i'm not kenma - i'm his sister." the unexpected appearance of the younger sibling might have caused a twist... More

EXCEPTIONAL
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
???
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

06

3.8K 99 8
By lxvrmi

CHAPTER SIX
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

the familiar tune in japanese schools played in the hallways indicating that the last period of their morning classes had ended. lunch break came after, which caused the students to get hyped up and immediately rushing out of their rooms to have their home-packed lunch - a bento.

kiiro watched most of her classmates walked out of their room while chattering with their friends. her nose scrunched up as her ears were filled with overlapping loud noises. she brought out the bento she made this morning, deciding to have her lunch in the room. also, wearing her earphones to block out their loud voices that never fail to get on her nerves.

her golden orbs sparkled as soon as the smell of her bento reached her nose. with anticipation, she untied the knot of her yellow furoshiki with cat prints and opened the lid. the excited girl internally squealed and her stomach rumbled in hunger at the delicious sight.

(note: furoshiki is a traditional japanese wrapping cloth that's usually used to wrap and to transport goods.)

"itadakimasu!" she mumbled with a smile and clasped her hands together, picking up her stainless steel chopstick she started to enjoy her lunch.

the new freshman was too immersed eating her bento and jamming to her playlist that she didn't even noticed that an another freshman is watching her by the door.

"kiiro-san!" lev called out, gaining the attention of the few students in the room, but the girl he called out didn't heard him.

"kozume kiiro!" he yelled again, squinting his eyes at the girl eating.

one of the students nervously walked up to the giant freshman. "kozume-san is using her earphones that's why she couldn't hear you," they said, which shocked lev.

making long strides towards kiiro's desk, he slammed his hands on the table with a grin on his. the female clicked her tongue and glared at him. "what the fuc-"

"kenma-san told me to bring you to him and join us for lunch!" lev interferred, which angered the female even more.

the students in the room watched in fear as the oblivious lev is now facing a fuming girl. none of them has the guts to come over and calm down the situation, afraid of getting involved with the serious matter.

kiiro, on the other hand, kept her sharp gaze at the grinning male, standing in front of her. she wrapped up her bento, almost destroying the wooden lid because of how much force she exerted in closing her bento. the raven-haired female got up from her seat and the chair screeched against the floor on the process, almost knocking it off.

"lead the way, lev."

the latter unexplainably felt a shiver down to his spine after she spoke up, but he shrugged the weird sensation off and led the way while still continuing to annoy her. while the pair is walking in the hallways, they easily attracted the crowd's attention. one of the reasons is because their beauty and interaction, but the scowl on kiiro's face and the joyful expression on lev's, is an another reason to add.

"kenma-san, i brought your shorty sister!" lev walked over to his teammates sitting under the tree located in the backyard of the school.

that was the last straw for kiiro. she stomped her way towards the light grey-haired boy. "come here, you shi-" she growled at him, but kenma had quickly held her back to keep her away from lev.

"looks like lev managed to bring out the monster within kii-chan." kuroo chuckled, watching the angry kozume spurting out vulgar words at lev while she tried to get out of her brother's grip.

"i'd be annoyed too if someone tease me for my height," yaku said. none of them spoke up as it's a taboo to even mention the libero's height.

"let me go, 'nii-chan! i'a beat the shit out of lev!" kiiro yelled, still fighting her way out of his grip while lev was hiding behind his captain.

kenma, on the other hand, was analyzing the situation since the beginning. he knew that his sister isn't easy to get angry, but she gets annoyed easily with a lot of stuff. the pudding head glanced at the certain freshman and then back at his growling sister before deciding to release kiiro from his grip and watched her pound on her fellow freshman.

the older kozume walked towards the group, in his hands is his sister's bento. he placed the bento beside him and continued to eat his lunch that is specially made by kiiro.

"never knew that your sister is this... scary," taketora told kenma.

the setter shrugged. "this is the second time i've seen her get angry. she rarely gets angry unless she's extremely annoyed."

"was she annoyed because lev mentioned her height?" teshiro asked.

"that's probably one of the reasons. we never know what happened to them on the way here," kenma answered.

the group watched the freshmen's ruckus while eating their lunch. "let's cover up for kiiro if she ever gets called in the faculty," yaku said, gaining their agreement.

"kii-chan, lunch is soon to end!" kuroo reminded, immediately making her stop from beating up lev.

kiiro gave the beaten up boy a kick on his arse before walking towards the group. she squeezed herself in between kuroo and kenma before grabbing her bento, continuing her disrupted lunch moments ago.

meanwhile, the vice captain, kai, went up to check on the poor freshman laying still on the grass to check if he was still breathing and alive.

"lev."

the latter weakly smiled at his vice captain. "i-i wasn't expecting a short person like kiiro-san to have such incredible strength."

kai was about to reply to him when the same female had attacked lev once again, after hearing what he said just a second ago. the vice captain sweatdropped while watching the two freshmen fighting, and their fight didn't end until lunch break was over.

when classes had ended, kiiro came with her older brother and kuroo to watch their afternoon practice, claiming that it's boring for her to do her homework at home without kenma by her side. the captain and the setter went to the volleyball club room to get changed, with kiiro following behind them.

"oh, kuroo-san, kenma-san!" lev greeted when he saw the two came inside, then his green eyes fell on kiiro, who was standing right by the door. "shorty-san, you're here also!"

kiiro slowly turned her gaze to him, sarcastically smiling. "would you like to have another wound on your pretty face, lev?" she asked - more likely threatening him.

lev, being the oblivious one, scratched his head then chuckled. "thank you for the compliment, kii-" he yelped when kiiro attacked him for the third time today.

kuroo watched the scene in amusement. "well, this is déjà vu..." he chuckled, gazing down at the pudding head when he heard him sigh in exasperation.

"do the setter's block, kenma," the captain said with a grin, gaining another sigh from the latter.

"what do you mean by that, kuro?" kenma replied.

the rooster head's grin didn't faltered away. instead, it grew wider as the setter didn't understood what he was trying to imply.

"a setter can also block in volleyball, so do the same thing, block your sister away from lev, just like what you did during lunch break; that's what we call the setter's block."

kenma deadpanned. "no, that'll just worsen the situation."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 676 25
"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬...𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥" Y/n had to do an assignment to paint a sport. But why volleyball? Because of her two annoying cousins 🥇 #...
11.5K 188 23
Y/N Suna is twins with Rintaro. It's her first day of being a second year at Inarizaki High and she is one of the top three-setters in Japan. After b...
767K 35.7K 37
"𝙞'𝙢 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨" "𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙣, 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪?" time-s...
55.1K 1K 49
Y/n a first year attending Karasuno along with her best friend Shoyo. One night she downloaded this app named strangers. When she meet someone in Jap...