๐’๐”๐Œ๐Œ๐„๐‘ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐’, Je...

By haleluvs

๐’๐’๐’.โ”Š DISCONTINUED... โช ๐’๐”๐Œ๐Œ๐„๐‘ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐’! โซ โžถ โœฉหšโ‚Š อ™ โ—› โ‚Šยท ๐‘ค. - โ˜… --- ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡. . . on... More

๐’๐”๐Œ๐Œ๐„๐‘ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐’
๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€
001, Drunken Mistakes
002, Midnight Memories
003, Dancing In The Dark
004, Sunshine
006, wouldn't change a thing

005, Nicole's Party

1.6K 54 10
By haleluvs

[wish you were sober] « conan gray
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯
0:37 ━━━•──────── 2:48
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

𝔓𝔒𝔙〓〓〓 𝔓ℑ𝔓𝔈ℜ 𝔑𝔈ℑ𝔏𝔖𝔒𝔑
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
。゚・ 𝑠𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ⊹˚.⋆
ˑ༄ ‧₊˚★⋅𖤐˖꒷꒥꒷✧ ཻུ۪۪ ։❀ ༣ཾ྄∘ ʕꈍᴥꈍʔ
⇣≡ㅤㅤㅤㅤchapter 05ㅤㅤㅤㅤ⨟

"BELLY YOU CAME!" I jerk my head to Nicole's voice as she comes dashing towards Belly. Somehow I got dragged to go to this party. IT was like Taylor wanted me of all people to come and I immediately see why.

I'm guessing it's all because of Nicole.

I think Taylor hates or dislikes the idea that Nicole is now one of Belly's new best friends. I of all people understand how that feels. Me and my old best friend used to be tight before she went to this theater camp Aunt Claire couldn't afford it, and she came back as if we have never known each other. I know this is exactly how Taylor is feeling.

"Hey, Nicole. You look so pretty." Belly responds, pulling Nicole into a long passionate hug. I glance at Taylor who's rolling her eyes.

Nicole isn't all that bad. Earlier at the pool, she seemed too nice to be true. She was extremely nice to me personally and she was wearing a big smile the entire time. Well before she and a beach ball collided.

"Oh, me? Look at you. Oh my goodness." Nicole pulls away from the long hug to glance down at Belly's outfit. Don't get me wrong looks adorable on her. She's wearing tan pants and a red white and blue top, that matches the pants perfectly.

Taylor and I are just wearing a skin-tight dress. Taylor has a hot big dress that stops mid-thigh length, and mine is a Satin strap lace-up, backless, baby blue dress. This used to be the only thing fancy I owned until I came home to an extremely excited Aunt Claire and a ton of bags filled with dresses, shoes, and makeup products.

Aunt Claire isn't a shopper. Sure she owns a few nice dresses and clothes, but when it comes to fancy she isn't the brightest with clothes. Put surprisingly she did awesome on the outfits she picked out for the Deb ball. Oh, that's right.

I'm going to be a debutante. Yay.

I definitely only did it for Aunt Claire, but when I found out Belly doing it when we were at dinner, it didn't seem like an awful idea after all. Jeremiah thinks it's lame, but I honestly couldn't care what he thinks.

Speaking of Jeremiah.

He left the house way before Cameron drove us here. I had told him I wanted to get to know Belly and Taylor more and he left with Steven and Conrad. Originally, I would've left with them. But I have learned a few things about Belly I hadn't known until now.

As in, she's been in love with Conrad forever I'm pretty sure. Which I completely can't blame her for. Have you seen Conrad? Like Jesus. A fallen angel. But anyways... I had also told Jeremiah I'd find him the moment I get to Nicole's house.

When my thoughts come back to reality. Belly is being dragged away with Nicole and Taylor is dragging me to where ever.

"God I can't stand her," Taylor says once we arrive at the drink table. I furrow my eyebrows while I pour myself a drink in one of the free red cups on the table. "Who? Belly?"

"No, of course not," Taylor says, nudging me on the shoulder. "I can't stand Nicole. It's been, Nicole this, Nicole that. Like holy shit, what's so special about Nicole?"

Taylor's taking a long sip of her drink and for a minute I think she's about to finish that in one whole gulp. But when she places her drink down, her drink isn't completely gone.

"Like," Taylor shallows what's left in her mouth before she continues. "Like, why is it all about Nicole all of a sudden."

I take a small sip of my drink before I twirl the sizzling drink in my hands. "I think Belly is just trying to be Belly?" what am I even saying? "I don't know. I think this whole Deb thing will change her. She isn't fifteen anymore. She's a real teenager, exploring herself."

Taylor tilts her head at me. "God, P, don't tell me you've gone soft on me."

I laugh at Taylor and turn my head away for a minute. My head catches Jeremiah laughing with a group of friends on the couch, and for a moment I want to leave Taylor right here and know exactly what they're laughing about.

But then again, Taylor is now dragging me away from him. "Bathroom break." She groans, heading towards the bathroom.

The line is extremely long when we made it to the bathroom. We see Steben leaning against the wall on his phone and we stand beside him waiting.

I don't know why I'm in line. I don't need to pee, nor am I real friends with Taylor.

"Hey, I'm going to go find Jeremiah," I say to Taylor, who's not even listening to me. She's in her own world having a conversation with Steven. "an "okay Piper. I'll catch you around," would've been nice." I mutter, heading away from the bathroom.

Nicole's house is massive. I keep ending up in the kitchen every time I walk down the halls. I'm sure I'm just walking in circles, but I see completely different people each time I walk into this dining room.

"You look a little lost. I've seen you walk in and out of here about ten times. I lost count at three." A voice says behind me, right when I was about to just give up. I turn around and stare at the familiar blue eyes I say the night of the drive-in. My eyes widen and I struggle to hide the smile on my face.

"Stalker boy," I mutter, and Eli bows.

"Well it's Eli Sandavol, but if that's how you remember me, that's my name." He explains, brushing loose hair out his face. "Hey, Piper?"

"Yeah, Piper." I agree and Eli smiles. "Well, can't forget a face like that," Eli said scratching his neck awkwardly.

My cheeks heat up slightly, and I turn my head away from his. My face shouldn't be this pink from just seven words. I look back at Eli who has been staring at me this entire time.

and my head is now turned away from his. again.

"So, uh, Eli," I say, trying to clear my throat but failing miserably. "What are you uh- how are you- why are you here?"

Jesus Christ women, you can speak normally, do it!

"Haha, I'm doing alright, and uh- I've been friends with Nicole since I moved here so we are pretty tight," Eli responds.

I'm nodding my head at him, when he says, "How about you? How are you doing and what are you doing here?"

"I'm doing okay. It's um- also Belly's birthday so I've been dragged here. By Jeremiah, who I can't find. Reasoning why I keep walking in circles. Because this house is a massive maze. Isn't it? The house, a maze? I've never been so lost before-"

"Yeah, Yeah," Eli says, laughing at me.

My face heats up once again, and I sink. "I bust said all that out loud. Wow, okay. I'm sorry. Sometimes words just leave my mouth before I can think when I'm nervous."

Eli's eyebrow lifts. "You're nervous?"

"What- oh shit. I'm not. At least I don't think so. Last time we talked I uh- my- I don't even know what we are, acted all weird when we uh- got caught? So, I'm going to be nervous to act weird."

I want to die right at this moment.

"Well, Piper, I'm not doing to invite you in my car this time. And we are for sure, just friends." Eli assures, sticking his hand out. I don't accept it because my hands are soaked in sweat. Which is gross, and not from my nerves.

"My hands are sweating." I point out. Out loud. "I don't want you to think I always have wet hands. They're just clammy." Eli removes his hand from the air and tucks it behind his neck. This is humiliating.

"Could you- I need your help," I mutter. Eli nods his head, "Of course."

"I need to find the living room. Where ever the drink table was. That's where I saw Jeremiah last. I told him earlier I'd look- never mind. An I need the drink table would've just been fine."

Eli nods his head twice. "Yeah, It's right this way." I follow Eli out kitchen and towards the living room. "You look pretty by the way," Eli says, while I mumble a thank you as we into the living room.

Jeremiah is nowhere to be found until I hear him shouting from outside. My eyebrows furrow and I head towards the front door. Jeremiah, some other boy, Conrad, and Cam are playing beer pong. Jeremiah is drinking out of a red cup laughing hilariously.

He's drunk.

"Uh, Jeremiah," I mutter, stepping beside him. I wave to Conrad and Cam and they both nod back at me.

Jeremiah scans my face before he pulls me into a long hug. "Piper!" He shouts, hugging me so tight I can barely breathe. "Jeremiah," I whispered trying to lose his grip.

Jeremiah grips my shoulder looking at me. "You look magical. Like a pretty princess." He kisses my lips roughly and pulls away to hug me more. "My magical pretty princess."

I can just feel the awkward looks I'm getting from the boys. I clear my throat and Jeremiah pulls me away. He lifts his drink and offers me a sip. I shale my head slowly before looking over at Conrad and the other boy about Conrad's age.

"I'm Piper." I introduce myself to the boy and he waves back. "Tyler." His voice is thick and strong. I smile at him before I look behind me to see if Eli is still standing there. He is not. He must've not followed in behind me.

Jeremiah wraps an arm around my shoulders and he pulls me against him. "Okay, three v two guys!" Jeremiah shouts sipping his cup.

"Actually two V two. I need to find Belly." Cameron says his goodbyes, before vanishing in the crowd of people. Jeremiah turns and watches I'm go inside, then he forgets the whole thing and slides in Camroens spot.

I really don't want to play some drinking game. I'm one, not a huge drinker, and two, I'm not really in the mood for a party.

"Okay! Piper has to go first since she's the soberest." Jeremiah demands, handing me a ping pong. I furrow my eyebrows and try to aim at one of the cups. I miss terribly and bring my hands back to the side of my body.

Jeremiah groans and then places his cup down on the table. "Conrad, go!" He shouts waiting for Conrad to make his move.

Conrad makes the top cup perfectly and I watch as the orange ping pong floats around in the cup. "No!" Jeremiah whins, picking the cup up for me. "Drink! Drink! Drink!"

I take a quick sip while the stinging sensation clouds my mouth. Jeremiah takes his turn and I start to feel crowded and exhausted. It's been a long day and I'm just ready to head out and get ready for bed.

"Hey Jere, I'm going to see if I could catch a ride home. I'm feeling dizzy, probably just a headache." I whisper to Jeremiah, reaching to kiss him on the cheek. He doesn't move until I've pulled away.

"Oh okay, I'd give you a ride but I can't even think straight." A laugh escapes his lips and a smile playfully at him. "I'll catch you later? Please text me when you get home."

I kiss his cheek again before muttering an okay. I'm about to walk away when he pulls me by my torse and pulls me against him. "You missed." He presses his lips against mine in a quick motion. The kiss isn't sweet and short, it's long and hungry.

I pull away the moment I feel as if I can't breathe anymore. Jeremiah plants one last quick peck then leans in against my ear. "I've been wanting to do that all day." He whispers, pushing me away.

My eyes glance at his one last time before I wave bye to him, Conrad, and the other boy, Tyler. I am all smily when I find Eli standing alone by the steps. I walk over to him trying to control my red face and smily face.

"We meet again," He says, sitting up from the railing of the steps. "What did I do to deserve this pleasure?"

"I was wondering if you could give me a ride home? I don't really trust anyone other than you. Jeremiah isn't sober enough to drive and he's still enjoying himself." I ask.

Eli nods and places the phone in his pocket before saying, "Yeah that's cool. My trucks up front. Meet me out front in like five. I should say bye to Nicole first."

We both nod at each other before I step back outside, and Eli goes searching for Nicole. I walk past Jeremiah hoping he didn't see me and look for Eli's truck. I should probably tell Jere I'm getting a ride with Eli, but I honestly hope he doesn't really care.

It's not like we're going to be doing anything else in the car but talk.

We're friends.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄.

I need the motivation to write. I keep forgetting I need to most and then I just don't want to. If you have any tips, can you please help me out?

Sorry for the crapping chapter, I still hope you enjoyed it!

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94K 1.9K 19
"๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐จ๐ง, ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐จ๐ง, ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ข ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ" it...
845K 20K 26
โ don't you get it? i hate you because i can never have you. โž for as long as danielle conklin can remember, she has been in love with her best frien...
110K 1.7K 21
| CRUEL SUMMER | Rosalie Baker spent her summers in Cousins Beach, alongside the Conklin and the Fisher family. This summer however changes everythin...
6.3K 78 16
|Not You| Summer always meant a five hour drive and three months in Cousins. The six kids had grown up together, facing love, laughter, heartbreak...