Hot Wheels Acceleracers 5: Th...

By StaticShock01

Takes place after The Ultimate Race. The Teku and Metal Maniacs continue their search for Vert. Meanwhile, th... More

Chapter 2
Jack's Story
Tezla's Story
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1/Intro

136 1 0
By StaticShock01

A/N: What's up everyone! Hope you all are doing well wherever and whenever you're reading this! This one's an Acceleracers story. While a fan project is still at work to conclude it, it's been almost a year since any updates were made to the story. If you're wondering where it is, check out Tom Wheeler's Youtube channel and each part that has been finished should be there to read. I can't recommend it enough! It's great!

That said, while I wait, there hasn't been much else for Acceleracers. So instead of waiting for content, I'll make the content myself! This story is after the events of Acceleracers: The Ultimate Race. This is a franchise that I've wanted to see finished for years, so this one means a lot to me. I hope you enjoy! Live to drive! Drive to survive!

Disclaimer: I don't own Hot Wheels Acceleracers/World Race! All characters(Except OCs) belong to Mattel, Mark Edens, Ian Richter, and all of the other awesome writers and producers of this great movie series!

"Wisdom is a circle. What you receive you must give back."-Vert Wheeler, Hot Wheels Acceleracers: The Ultimate Race

Cars were seen zooming down a beach. But these weren't your ordinary Hondas, Toyotas, or Chevrolets. These were specially modified cars, built to race and to look, and well, be awesome.

As the cars continue to speed down the beach, an elevated track was made clear. The cars went up the track. The elevated track allowed the cars to take a path over the ocean.

"Woah. Check it out!" A young man with spiky blonde hair said in his vehicle, looking at the ocean as the waves were rising. That 18-year old man was the leader of the Wave Rippers in World Race and the champion in that racing event as well, and was none other than Vert Wheeler, who was driving his signature Reverb.

"Hey, uh... you don't think those waves are gonna get bigger do you?" A voice said on the comms, afraid. It was none other than the mechanic of the Metal Maniacs, Mitchell "Monkey" McClurg, driving his SUV Rollin' Thunder.

"You've been in realms with lightning and lava and have been near both. What do you think?" Someone else said. Taro Kitano, a member of the Metal Maniacs along with Monkey and the former leader of his World Race team Scorchers.

"That doesn't make this any less terrifying!" Monkey said as water rose on the right of him. "Ah!" He said, jumping, almost losing control of the wheel.

"Monkey! You need to keep control or you'll end up going off the track!" The guide and mechanic of the racers, Lani Tam said to him on the comm back at their headquarters, the Acceledrome.

"Control?" Monkey clears his throat. "Hey, don't you worry about me! I've got everything under control!" Monkey said, trying to sound confident on the comm before she could hear tire screeching on his coms and his onboard camera shaking a little from him frantically turning the steering wheel as he lost control for a second.

"See? Everything under control!" Monkey said again.

Lani rolls her eyes.

They continued to race across the track, traversing the corners and wrap arounds of the track. Everything was pretty normal, until the waves did exactly as Monkey feared. They grew!

"Guys!" Monkey said.

"The waves!" Nolo Pasaro, leader of the Teku said, driving SpecTyte. They continued driving, but something was off.

"Any idea why these waves ain't crashing yet?" Mark "Wylde" Wylde asked.

"Ask the Accelerons." Taro said.

"Please don't jinx it." Monkey said.

"That's odd. I'm not exactly sure. Maybe this is part of some sort of puzzle?" Lani guessed.

"That is a possibility." Dr. Tezla said.

"We're running out of track!" Karma Eiss, the calm, level-headed member of the Teku said, who was driving Chicane.

"Lani? What are we supposed to do!?" Monkey asked frantically. Karma, Taro, Kurt, and the others were also thinking.

An idea came to Vert. "Guys, we have to ride the waves!"

"Real funny Vert. Now how about we come up with some actual ideas." Monkey said.

Taro, remembering what Vert tried on Highway 35 with the lava said, "Do it!"

"What? Are you crazy!? Don't tell me you're going along with this too!" Monkey said.

"He knows what he's doing! Trust me." Kurt said, another member of the Teku and former leader of the World Race team Street Breed. He saw what Taro saw firsthand as well.

"Oh no! I'd rather EDR my way out of this before I go along with this crazy plan!" Monkey said, about to reach for the EDR button.

"Monkey! Do it!" Porkchop, AKA Diesel Riggs, another member of the Metal Maniacs said on the comm. He was the only racer that stayed back at the Acceledrome for this race, particularly due to his fear of water.

"If we make it out of this alive, tell Dr. Tezla that I deserve to get paid!" Monkey said, caving in only because he didn't want to look like a total chump in front of Porkchop and Lani.

"Yo Vert! Sent you somthin'!" Shirako said on his comm, still bopping his head to music on his headphones.

Vert looks at his onboard screen. He looks at the name of the song. He did remember Shirako saying that he was doing some music edits for his website and he was always browsing the internet for new ideas. Judging by the name at the bottom of who made it, it wasn't Shirako's. Vert figured he looked it up and sent it to him. He grinned before pressing play on the song.

Vert Plays Wave Rippers Theme + Pump It

Artists: Ball of Waxx from Highway 35 World Race & The Black Eyed Peas

Mashup by: Acceler 23 on YouTube via RAVE.DJ

"Guess we're about to really find out how good those upgrades Dr. Tezla added are." Nolo said.

Vert presses a button on his dashboard. It was the button to activate the jump jets. Dr. Tezla said that he upgraded them to have a longer duration and stronger thrust compared to before, using Monkey's Nitrox 3 ½ as a starting point for how to approach upgrading the thrusters.

Everyone else follows his lead.

"This is a bad idea, this is a bad idea." Monkey repeated before pressing the jets at the last second.

"Shoot the curl!" Vert said.

"AAAAHHHHHHHH!" Monkey yelled as he went over the wave.

After traversing it, they were back on the track. But there was another wave coming up.

"We've got another one!" Karma said.

"Alright, get ready guys!" Vert said, timing his button press so he could stay balanced.

Once they got to the fourth, it was a lot farther than the ones before.

"We don't have enough speed for that jump! I'm using the Nitrox!" Kurt said, pushing the button to activate it, catching up to Vert.

"You read my mind Kurt!" Vert said, pushing the button as well, with everyone else doing the same.

They then activate the jets. Keeping balance, even at high speeds they were able to land their vehicles back on the main track. Not a wave in sight. The only water being what was under the track.

The song stops

"YES!" Vert said.

"Sick." Shirako said before changing the song he was listening to.

"Nice going there, surf rat." Kurt said, grinning. Vert was grinning too, knowing that while it was said with a mocking intent during the World Race by him, Taro, and Banjee, now it was all in good fun.

"I'm just glad all of that's over." Monkey said, putting his head back on the headrest of the seat.

"We're not out eye of the typhoon yet!" Vert said.

"Oh no." Monkey said, seeing what Vert was talking about. There was a large typhoon made up of water.

"In fact, I think we're about to head in it." Vert said.

"He's right. I can see the end!" Nolo said, noticing the portal inside the eye.

"If you jump in, the wind is going to pull your cars off trajectory." Lani said. Everyone stops their vehicles.

"What if we used the jump jets?" Vert asked Lani.

"Even with the upgrades, I don't know if they'll be strong enough for you to have some type of control in the wind." Lani said.

Vert pondered for a moment before saying something else. "If this is like the other realms, then everything that makes this realm dangerous should go away once the first person goes through the portal. Including the typhoon." Vert said.

"What are you saying Vert?" Nolo asked.

"I'm saying that only one person needs to make it through this so the rest can get through no problem. I'll go. And if I can't make it, I'll use the EDR to get out of there." Vert explained.

"If you can't make it, what are we supposed to do about the Accelecharger?" Wylde asked.

"We all EDR ourselves out. It'd be too dangerous for us to risk it." Kurt said.

"We cannot leave without the Accelecharger!" Dr. Tezla said.

"There won't be anyone to use the Accelecharger if none of us make it out of this realm!" Kurt said.

"Vert, you MUST find a way to reach the portal! There's no telling when the realm will open again!" Dr. Tezla implored.

"Even if I used the Nitrox along with the jump jets, it still might not be enough speed." Vert thought. He then looks at his Nitrox gauge. He hasn't needed to use Nitrox that much in this realm, so its only a little over half-full. "And I don't exactly have Nitrox to waste." He thought again.

He then remembered something. "Unless." Dr. Tezla never removed the Nitrox Afterburner from Reverb after The Ultimate Race against Gelorum. "That's it!"

*Hot Wheels World Race Soundtrack: Green Light now plays*

He puts his foot on the gas pedal and accelerates, going towards the typhoon.

"Vert, what are you doing?" Lani asked.

"You'll see." Vert said.

He pressed the button for the Nitrox. Blue flames streaked across the track as usual.

"He's going to try the same thing we did with the wave!" Kurt said.

"Here goes nothing!" Vert said, already boosted to 300 mph thanks to the Nitrox. He then goes to press another button, which is opposite of the Nitrox booster button. This was the button for the Nitrox Afterburner. He presses it. Blue streaks trail across the surface again. But this time, similar to the Nitrox used during the world race, his car also glows blue. It exceeds 310mph.

"He's using the afterburner along with the original Nitrox to increase his speed past its limits." Lani said out loud.

"Vert, you have to hurry! Doing something like that is incredibly dangerous! Your engine might not be able to handle the extra stress you're putting on it!" Lani said to him on the comms, reading the diagram on his vehicle.

"If I could go any faster, I would!" Vert said, trying to keep control of the vehicle. He then presses the button for the jump jets while the afterburner was still active. He timed it perfectly, as the thrust from the jets received an extra boost from the afterburner since he activated the jets right before the Nitrox boost expired.

"Vert? What's going on?" Lani said.

"VERT!" Everyone said simultaneously as his car descended. Because of the distance, none of the racers could tell if he made it or not. And because of the angle that the onboard was giving, Lani couldn't either.

Begin Acceleracers Intro Theme and Sequence

Acceleracers: The Final Lap

Written by StaticShock01 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 34 10
A Sequel to my rewrites of the previous five Transformers films, As the final installment Rise of Unicron serves as the epic conclusion to the series...
752 4 10
The setting takes place half a year after the events of the EX World Grand Prix (After the events of Sonic Riders, but before the events of Sonic Rid...
118 0 44
What happens after salvation? Everything was going to change and the people that saved them aren't who they say they are. Friendships are broken. Sec...
1.1K 50 10
When racers on Velocitron start being targeted by attacks and bots start disappearing the Autobots send Knock Out undercover to get to the bottom of...