Scripted | S.R x Reader

By reidschocolatedonut

"How can be sure when your whole job is to pretend?" "I was never sure about anything until I met you." Y/N L... More

1 | Lights
2 | Camera
3 | Action
4 | First Day on 'Set'
5 | How Scandalous
6 | Aftermath
7 | Follow the Script
8 | Getting in Character
9 | 'Character' Development
10 | Going Off Script
11 | Flip the Script
12 | Losing the Plot
14 | Falling Action
15 | Rising Action
16 | Exposition
17 | Hidden Character
18 | Climax
19 | Aftermath
20 | Resolution
Epilogue

13 | Plot Twist

861 25 20
By reidschocolatedonut

Another magazine caught Spencer's eye on his way to work.

Y/N L/N: Diva or Disaster?

A photo of your, now viral, interview from the other day across the cover, edited to have mascara running down your cheeks.

Y/N's Downward Spiral!

More photos of you crying.

BREAKING: Sources state that Y/N L/N has been CUT from Chanel's Ambassador Team

Those same damn photos.

From Shining Star to Dumpster Fire: Y/N L/N

Spencer grabbed a magazine, ripping it up. "As if that'll do anything," he muttered.

"You gotta pay for that, dude."

He looked up, cheeks flushed. "'Erm yeah, sorry. Here."

"Have a good one..."

Spencer sighed as he walked, the crumpled magazine in hand as he made his way through the streets where somehow your public breakdown was bigger news than any global issue. "What a country."

You had always believed that you dealt well with pressure.

Intense scenes, stunts, constant paparazzi, and the weight of the public eye constantly on you, and you carried it well since the age of 19. At least you did until now.

As rumors about you and your very public breakdown intensified, instead of feeling a fire to stand up and make everyone forget them with some stunning photo shoot or a movie announcement, you just lay on your bed with hundreds of missed calls from various sponsors and partners.

Each voicemail or text just reminded you that a single moment of realness could get you dropped from the pedestal you spent 6 years climbing to the top of.

"Hi Ms. L/N, it's Jeanie from Dior, can you give us a call—"

Skip.

"Ms. L/N. This is Reagan from Yves St. Laurent—"

Skip.

"Ms. L/N—"

Nope.

"Y/N."

You froze, sitting up.

"It's uh it's me, Spencer. I uhm I was wondering if you were around and maybe wanted to talk? Give me a call."

You picked up the phone, replaying the message as tears began to pool up in your eyes. "You idiot." You inhaled sharply, placing the phone down.

Do I call him?

Somehow, after all of this mess, Spencer is the one person who has called to say anything but 'Sorry, but we don't think your image is a fit for us.' Even Josh has stopped calling, guess there's no more superstar to leach off of.

"Hello?"

You just started crying.

"Y/N?"

"How'd you know?" You croaked, a small laugh coming out of your mouth.

You could hear his smile. "Just a hunch. How are y—Nevermind. Where are you?"

"Home."

"May I stop by?"

You gulped, looking at the mess of clothes and books all over the floor of your room. "Okay."

"I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay," you whispered, your shaking hands practically squeezing the phone.

Spencer knocked on the door, debating if the flowers in his hand were too much.

"Hi," you said, eyes puffy and slightly red.

"Hey." Spencer awkwardly held out the bouquet.

You laughed softly as you took them. "Thank you. I could use a little beauty in my house." You hesitated. "Don't uhm judge the mess, sometimes I just can't bring myself to do anything but cry in bed."

You were laughing, but Spencer wasn't. "Let's go inside?"

"Yeah," you breathed. "Inside."

You weren't lying, it was a disaster. Spencer had seen houses in a similar state on cases, usually the grieving families.

"I'm sorry." You glanced at the man.

"Y/N, don't worry about it."

He used your name. You smiled. "Thank you."

Spencer placed down his bag. "Where do you keep the cleaning supplies?"

"Pardon?"

"Cleaning is a pretty good form of therapy for a lot of people, and I think both of us could use that, don't you?"

You raised an eyebrow. "That closet down the hall."

Spencer walked over, emptying out a variety of buckets, mops, brooms, and sponges. "Take some gloves."

You snickered, putting them on. "I usually have people do this for me."

"Well, today we're doing it."

"Right then."

So you did. The two of you went to each room that was a mess and cleaned it all up, laughing and talking about anything but work because that was one thing you both had enough of.

"So it turns out that Henry was just under the couch all along!"

You laughed. "I thought he drowned."

"So did JJ and I!"

"That's insane."

Spencer nodded. "Do you have any kids on your life?"

You shook your head. "I'm not very close with my family."

"I see." He paused. "Would you ever have kids?"

"I don't know," you whispered. "I don't think so."

"Why not? If you don't mind me asking."

"I just...I'm not very good at being nice or emotional or whatever. I don't think I could bare the thought of raising a little kid to turn out like me." You sighed.

"Y/N." Spencer put down the cleaning supplies. "You can't be serious."

"What?" You looked at him.

He walked closer to you. "You are not an unfeeling monster, Y/N. I find you to be the most interesting, funniest, and, somewhere in there, most caring person I know."

"You're just saying that." You began to walk away.

Spencer's hands held your arms, stopping you. Your eyes met his again. "I'm not."

Your eyes flickered to his lips for a moment. "Do you remember what you said to me last time we spoke?"

"I have an eidetic memory."

"Right," you breathed. "You said that you wanted to kiss me."

"I did." Spencer bit his lip. "And?"

"I want to kiss you too."

"Y/N—"

"No." You put your hands on his. "I think I have feelings for you."

"How can you be so sure when your whole job is to pretend?"

"I was never sure about anything until I met you."

Spencer's lips almost immediately crashed against yours, his hands moving to cup your face. You wrapped your arms around his neck, tilting your head to the side as your lips moved against his.

This isn't so hard.

Your back pressed against the wall, one of Spencer's hands on the wall at your side, the other on your back.

"This isn't how I thought this would go," you breathed against his lips.

"Can't say I'm disappointed."

You giggled as his lips moved to your neck. "Me either."

Spencer stopped, his eyes meeting yours again. "I guess this means we're all good."

"Well I hope so." You exhaled. "But I uhm I don't want us to be anything..."

Spencer stepped back. "What?"

"I just can't take the whole relationship thing yet, everything is really insane right now and—"

"You said you had feelings for me though."

"I do! I just...I'm confused. No, I'm not. I like you, and I think about you way too much, but I can't in good conscience start a new relationship and leave one that is most important to me unfixed. I have to fix things with Anissa before I can think about this." You bit your lip. "I swear I'm not prioritizing her over you, it's just that...I couldn't be a good girlfriend to you at a time like this."

"Y/N." Spencer tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I understand."

"But we can totally keep doing this kissing thing. It's great."

He chuckled. "No way."

"What?"

Spencer leaned closer to you. "If I start to kiss you again, I'll never want to stop."

"God, you're hot."

"Keep cleaning, Y/N."

"Fine," you grumbled, a small smile spreading across your face.

heheheehe they smooched

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 1.3K 30
Y/n's trauma leads to her fallout and Spencer's relapse. After an altercation at work Y/n decides to disappear, leaving Spencer alone. After years of...
79K 1.8K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...
196K 3.4K 19
you and spencer have known each other since your were both genius' in high school together. you loved each other's smarts and personality. you start...
Take Over Me By J

Fanfiction

64.8K 1K 27
Y/N Y/L/N is someone who has never felt true welcomeness. She's been unwelcome since she was a child, even in her own family. When she moves to Virgi...