Even in the Storm (A Sokeefe...

By Bookworm84ever

"I will always be here for you. Even in the Storm, Sophie." The Neverseen have all of Sophie's friends. Bu... More

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Authors note
Chapter Three
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
DISCLAIMER
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter 6

77 5 6
By Bookworm84ever

Sophie landed in Everglen's yard. 

Everglen?

Hadn't she pictured Havenfield?

She wasn't sure. But it didn't matter. Because she was away from the Neverseen. 

"Alden!" Sophie yelled, racing up the stairs. A tired-looking, worn-out elf came down the stairs. What'd happened to the handsome elf he used to be??

"Sophie?! Are-are you alright?" His worried face tensed as she nodded unconvincingly. 

"SOPHIE?" Biana screamed, launching out from behind her father. "IS IT REALLY YOU?"

Sophie blinked at the enthusiastic response from her friend. "Umm, yeah?" she asked. 

Fitz dragged himself out of the yard, huge dark circles under his eyes. 

"Sophie?" he asked, unbelieving. His pace sped up until he reached her, throwing his arms around her and squeezing like it was the end of the world. His crisp, accented voice broke as he said,

"Where have you been?"

Keefe heard the commotion and ran out of the house next. 

"Why are you guys all at Everglen?" Sophie laughed, as Dex, Linh, Marella, and Tam raced out next.

"Foster? Did my mom... did she hurt you?" Keefe's eyes were dark and angry. 

Sophie shifted. "No," she tried. 

Yes.

Her arms were cut and scratched raw from the ropes that Ruy and Gethen had bound her with. Umber had filled her room with shadows that had caused severe pain every time she resisted them, and Sophie ached.

Keefe walked over and brushed her arm, sucking in a breath.  

"How many times do I have to tell you? You can't lie to the Empath." His eyes grew darker. "My mom will pay for this."

"Actually," Mr. Forkle said, appearing in a shower of glitter, "I bet that's her plan."

"What?"

"Mr. Sencen-" Mr. Forkle started.

"Keefe," Keefe interrupted. "I'm not a fan of that name right now."

"Very well. Mr. Keefe, we all know you have a... special connection to Miss. Foster," he said.

Fitz glared.

Sophie shifted.

Marella laughed under her breath.

Keefe nodded.

"Miss. Foster, did Mr. Sen-Keefe's mother do anything strange before you left?" Mr. Forkle said wearily.

Sophie nodded. 

Where was he going with this?

We're going to need to watch Keefe,  Fitz's voice informed her. He nearly ran away to save you when his mom took you. Which would have had terrible results. 

So, you didn't want to save me?

No! I mean yes? I just meant that we needed to wait until it was safer to save you, he explained.

But Keefe didn't care?

No. He was ready to die for you.

You weren't?

Sophie could tell from his thoughts that he was uncomfortable with her questioning. She smiled grimly.

"If you two are done with your mental conversation...?" Mr. Forkle asked. "I believe I asked you a question, Miss. Foster."

"Oh. Right." Sophie pulled out an eyelash and flicked it away. "She asked me to inflict on her as hard as I was able to."

Mr. Forkle blanched. "This is bad. Very bad."

"What's wrong?" Marella asked. "Cause I'd be happy to burn her up for you guys."

"Or drown her," Linh added.

"Impossible," Alden said. "Your minds would break from the sheer guilt. In fact, I'm surprised the thought isn't making you want to throw up!"

"Maybe having a forbidden power and having to train with a criminal has something to do with the fact that I don't feel guilt?" Marella offered. 

"I destroyed Ravagog," Linh added. "Many ogres died."

"I see your point," Alden conceded. "And still, I feel like that is impossible."

"Foster?" It was the tone in Keefe's voice that made Sophie whirl around, worried. "You... you  look like you need some sleep."

"Apparently it's not the only thing you feel that she looks like," Stina said snidely, coming out of the air in a shower of glitter.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sophie wondered.

"Nothing! Just a crazy Empath trick," Keefe said.

"Now you know how I feel!" Fitz exclaimed.

Grady and Edaline suddenly leaped in, joining the party in front of the gates. "Sophie!" they yelled.

They both looked exhausted, much the way that Alden did.

"Mom-Dad!" Sophie said, giving them The Bear Hug to End All Bear Hugs.

"I think you're all missing the point!" Mr. Forkle exploded.

"Dude, what's wrong with the Forkleman?" Keefe asked Dex.

"I don't know," he replied. "Unless it has to do with Lady Gisela having Sophie inflict on her willingly."

"Yes! Of course, it does!" Sophie had no memory of ever seeing Mr. Forkle that upset ever. 

Unless, of course, it had been erased, she thought wryly.

"Lady Gisela just triggered something new!"

The declaration brought absolute silence, only to be broken when the rest of the parents, having joined them earlier, gasped.

"She didn't trigger..." Kesler started.

"Yes, she did."

"NO!" Della cried, clinging to her two children. "Get everyone in a safe house immediately!"

"WHAT DID SHE TRIGGER?" Sophie finally shouted.

Why weren't - no, what weren't they telling her?

"Miss. Foster, I can't tell you right now," Mr. Forkle said. 

"Why not?" she demanded.

"Because... you inflicted it. The guilt of that would-"

"Break my mind, I know, I know."

"Miss. Foster, if I may," Lord Cassius started. 

"No, you may not!" 

"Gotta say, I'm loving our feisty girl," Ro said. How the ogre could hide from everyone was one of life's great mysteries. "Gives some entertainment here in Sparkle Town. Oh, look-that doctor weird guy is here. Did she Foster it?"

"No." Sophie rolled her eyes at Ro. She winced as Elwin cleaned the cuts and burns on her arms.

"You're all better off staying the night here," Mr. Forkle told them all. "Inside. Now."

Sophie squeezed her parents with everything in her. "I love you guys," she murmured.

"We love you too," Edaline whispered, her eyes shining. "Please be careful."

"You too."

Edaline kissed her and Grady hugged her, then they both disappeared.

Mr. Forkle, Dex's mom, and the rest of the parents disappeared except Alden and Della. 

"Well," Biana said. "Why don't we finish that game of Truth or Dare that we were playing before we got so interrupted two weeks ago."

"TWO WEEKS? I WAS GONE FOR TWO WEEKS?" Sophie shouted.

"YES! WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?"

"BECAUSE FOSTER ALWAYS SETS THE WEIRDEST COOL TRENDS!" Keefe joined in. 

"BUT IT HURTS MY EARS!" Marella yelled.

"Mine too," Linh said softly.

Tam muttered something unintelligible and the gang headed inside to play Truth or Dare. 

Sophie sighed.

What ability had she accidentally triggered in Lady Gisela?

The guilt- even with not knowing, tried to pull her down.

But Sophie had her friends this time.

This time, the Moonlark had found her wings.

YAYAYAYAYAYYAAYAYAYYAAY!! I finally updated, yes I know.

Word count: 1040 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 1.1K 21
(book 2 of 'Superhero Series') Something is going on with Niall and Liam, something they aren't telling us for reasons unknown. I'm determined to fin...
21.3K 466 5
When quiet, shy bookworm Hermione Granger and marauder Remus Lupin start to get feelings for eachother, will they have enough gryffindor courage to d...
5.5K 168 28
A true King can not bury their head in the sand when times get tough. As the once and future king. It is Arthur's responsibility to bring hope and sa...
2K 74 12
Everything crumbals and becomes one sided like the bond. (edited. should make sense ;) )