𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮...

By S4LTBURN

𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 evie and her group of mismatched kooks and pouges set out on the adventure of a lifetime w... More

01. VW CAMPERVANS
02. BRAINS ON THE FLOOR
03. HURRICANE AGATHA

00. THESE ARE THE DAYS

1.4K 45 23
By S4LTBURN

╭                                                                 ╮

━━━━ " ⏳ "

𝙏 𝙃 𝙀 𝙎 𝙀 𝘼 𝙍 𝙀 𝙏 𝙃 𝙀 𝘿 𝘼 𝙔 𝙎
! OUTER BANKS ─── ʚĭɞ
⊹ , ˗'ˏ - an introduction

╰                                                               ╯

❛ ANOTHER FRIDAY NIGHT,
TURN UP THE MUSIC,
BLACK OUT THE LIGHTS ❜

✧ ⠀🌊   ،    🌾  .       𑁍    𝄒

WHEN EVELYN MONTGOMERY was ten years old, she almost died, had her life saved and saw a penis for the very first time in her life, all in the same day.

It was a couple months from the first time she stepped foot on any of the islands that were included in the barrier off the coast of North Carolina known as the Outer Banks. Her parents - a property solicitor named Serena Huang and an accountant by the name of Burke Montgomery - had made their fortune in the real estate market on the Upper East Side before cutting some deal with Ward Cameron to make them even more money and, ultimately, give them a better environment for their three kids - one of them being a baby and the oldest in the middle of high school - to grow up in.

The Camerons were perhaps the most distinguished and prominent family who lived on Figure Eight - which, as Evie discovered, was compromised of the northside of Kildare where the rich lived - and whilst a hurricane several years ago destroyed half of the island, many there used it as an excuse to move away from their destroyed properties and Ward Cameron swooped in an collected one of the worst, which had almost been severed in half by a falling tree, and turned it back to it's former glory and sold it to the Montgomerys several years later.

Of course, Serena and Burke Montgomery were exactly the type of people the Camerons - who were a five person family composed of Ward, his new wife Rose, and his three children - enjoyed to be associated with, and simply by that affiliation it brought the family to the level of respect that most Kook families had; days at the Country Club, group dinners and events like Midsommers that saw them dressing their children up for the evening to parade around as heirs of their multi-million dollar businesses and companies.

That was the sort of community that they hadn't been able to achieve elsewhere, and the newfound friendship with the Camerons was a prize within their paradise. Neither Serena nor Burke seemed to find it necessary to let that relation wane, and emphasized upon it as much as possible. Family dinners introduced the Montgomerys to the Camerons, and the perfection of this soon became clear.

Rafe was the same age as the oldest Montgomery child, Elliot. His younger sister Sarah was the same age as Evie and whilst Wheezie was around ten years older than the youngest, Noah, he would always be cute in her eyes and not the little nightmare his siblings knew him as. Rafe and Elliot were a little too different to become best friends at this point (although that would be quick to change) but Sarah and Evie seemed to potentially be a force to be reckoned with.

Sarah was safe, she was sweet enough to be a fairytale princess and Evelyn... well, wasn't. She had a little too much of an independent streak that her parents didn't like and Sarah would limit that, but only to a point. But that seemed to be what drew Evie away. She was just too adventurous to limit her days in or out on the water to a way too expensive boat or various backyard pools.

And when she found an old boat that had laid undiscovered in the grassy bank of the marsh that her house backed onto, she knew that Sarah Cameron's plans for a picnic on the beach by the country club could wait. Evie took something of a detour, spending over three hours in the library finding books on fixing up a boat and types of wood and finding pages on the old creaky computers that took forever to load.

Which was when her secret project began. Evie was going to fix up that boat, and so she got to it. She got new wood to replace the rotting benches within by talking to her dad and finding out about contracting. She managed to patch up the hull and used pocket money to buy paint and the boat turned into a patchwork of various blues. The engine was long gone, having been submerged in water for an age, but Evelyn managed to find some oars and it became a rowboat, with the little holders screwed in exactly where she needed them to be.

And then she named it 'Atlas' because it seemed to fit and she liked it matching her abstract middle name too much not to, writing the name out in blobby white letters that looked like Noah had written them instead of her - and he was two.

Finally, her boat was done and instead of spending her free moments trying to fix it, she was planning what to do with it. She wanted to go swimming, in the water between the marshes and the open sea because it always seemed to be nicer whenever her parents took her out and, besides, in the middle of summer the water was closer to 80°F than 70 and she really wanted to enjoy it whilst she could. And... preferably without the company of Sarah Cameron, who she had once mentioned her boat to and was received with a barrage of worries and upsets on the dangers of being out alone - dangers that Evie couldn't bring herself to care about even if she really should.

But finally, after several forced events with the family spent planning whilst Rafe wittered on about golf and... other less interesting subjects, she knew exactly what she was going to do.

A couple of days later, her alarm was set for the break of dawn and in her silent house, she got up and dressed, her best and most-favourite bikini worn beneath a pair of shorts and a tank, and Evie packed a small bag before heading out the short way to where she kept her boat tied up to a chunk of wood hacked into the land.

She pushed it out into deeper waters herself, scrambling over the edge to pull the rope in and began to row her way through and out to that somewhat crossover between the muddy bottom of the marshes and the sandbank that came with the sea, and it was there that she realised her first fatal error.

She had planned to swim, but she hadn't remembered the fact that should she be alone, the boat could quite easily drift off. But - not to bother, she just wouldn't spend too much time in the water before returning to her chosen vessel.

Things couldn't quite be that easy though. Of course not, simplicity was overrated and hard to ask for, and even if Evelyn swore down that she knew what she was doing and her skills at her old school district swimming competitions proved that she was more than capable in the water, there would be troubles that arose mere minutes into her swim.

Goggles and a snorkel were pulled over her nose and she dived down for a few moments each time, swimming leisurely around in the peace and quiet as she watched schools of tiny fish dart away from her when she approached and, in her oblivion, she didn't quite see the man-o'-war and all of a sudden there was a rapid, harsh sting on her upper thigh and she was scrambling to surface again.

In the pain, she blindly swum around to get away from what had stung her, the struggle becoming too much and she ended up getting stuck; old barbed wire that most likely had been lost there in the same storm that wrecked 'The Globe' for the first time wrapped around her ankle and hell, it might have been rusted but hell it still managed to cut up her leg like nobody's business.

There wasn't enough air, and eyes wide behind the goggles she saw blood blooming into the water and deep purple slashes across her thigh Evie managed to yank the barbed wire-free and swim to the surface. Her boat was... well she couldn't quite see the exact distance it was away from her, but it took quite some swimming on her behalf to get there and eventually, she hauled herself over the edge and well, that was that.

Almost.

Her back landed on the wood at the bottom of the boat, chest rising up and down rapidly as she hurried to get air back into her lungs and to stop spluttering and coughing. And when finally she felt as though she could maybe sit up and move, she only got as far as propping herself up against her bag before she slumped, exhausted.

And that seemed to be it for the rest of the day. She couldn't move she was so tired, and she finished her water and snack supplies in a shockingly short time (it wasn't quite so surprising really, like most pre-teens Evelyn had quite the appetite) and somewhere in her small intelligent mind, Evie came to a realisation.

She had come out so early in the morning to allow herself as much privacy as possible, but that meant that anyone else in the ocean was those fishing, and they were way too far away to be able to see her boat bobbing along. She was dehydrated, she had been stung by a man-o'-war and cut up by a piece of barbed wire that was still curled around her leg, no doubt infecting it.

At some point, Evelyn came to realise that perhaps, this was how she was going to die. It was too warm, she was too dehydrated and too injured to get back to shore and besides, she was pretty sure that the banking she could see belonged to the southside of Kildare and she didn't know the area well enough to know what to do or even if it was safe for her to get out there to find help.

And instead, she laid there and accepted it, trying not to think about the pain in her legs and the fact that she was going to die and just allowed her boat to drift. Evie didn't know when she drifted off either, but she eventually just couldn't keep her eyes open and she passed out.

When she did wake up, however, it was because her boat had bumped against something and there was the feeling of something on her thigh. Her eyes opened, and lo and behold, there was a boy peeing on her whilst another undid the last barbed wire around her leg.

And that was how Evelyn Montgomery met JJ Maybank and John B Routledge, who apparently flipped a coin to decide who would be doing each whilst they waited for their other best friend, Pope Heyward, to retrieve John B's father, who knew enough about cuts and stings to actually help her and hadn't just heard about the at-home remedy for stings that stuck in their minds.

And this was also how she was introduced to the Pogue lifestyle, spending the rest of the day there before JJ decided to nominate himself to row her back and all of a sudden, she was drifting her way away from her disapproving family and leaning way more to the family she met on that day when she was tne when she almost died and ended up being pissed on.

✧ ⠀🌊   ،    🌾  .       𑁍    𝄒

❛ HANGING FROM THE WINDOW,
OUT OF HIS MIND  ❜

EVELYN ATLAS VIOLA MONTGOMERY
❛ stop clogging up my camera roll, dick ❜

━━ a kook gone rogue

JJ MAYBANK
❛ to be quite honest, to be quite
frank, in a word, no. ❜

━━ a kook vouching for a pogue

CAST

pogues!
⩩ Evie Montgomery - Isabella Huang
⩩ JJ Maybank - Rudy Pankow
⩩ John B. Routledge — Chase Stokes
⩩ Pope Heyward — Jonathan Daviss
⩩ Kiara Carrera — Madison Bailey
⩩ Sarah Cameron — Madelyne Cline

kooks!
⩩ Burke Montgomery — Jeffrey Dean Morgan
⩩ Serena Montgomery — Kelly Hu
⩩ Elliot Montgomery — Mark Tuan
⩩ Ward Cameron — Charles Esten
⩩ Rose Cameron — Caroline Freedlund
⩩ Rafe Cameron — Drew Starkey
⩩ Wheezie Cameron — Julia Antonelli
⩩ Topper Thornton — Austin North
⩩ Kelce — Deion Smith

⩩ Everyone else - Their respective selves

❛ THESE ARE THE DAYS ❜

❛  AUTHOR'S NOTE ━━ I don't own any rights to Outer Banks (obviously), however, I do own Evie's character and all the characters created to help her storyline progress. Obviously, all warnings for this book are according to the events of the show, with additional mentions of parental abuse, eating disorders, mental health issues in accordance to Evie and other characters as well as some mature content. Slightly typical plot, but it's fun so idc.

Anyways, I love JJ so I hope this book will do him justice, enjoy reading <3

ㅤִ໋✹ JAEHYUNS © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ﹆〻₎
━━━ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
❪ JJ MAYBANK ❫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 66 21
𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐜 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟕 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐀𝐯𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 �...
43.3K 804 51
𝙾𝙱𝚇 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 𝙹𝚘𝚒𝚗 𝚂𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 '𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛...
2.8K 96 12
𝐉𝐉 & 𝐌𝐀𝐗𝐈𝐍𝐄 AKA, 𝐒𝐔𝐍 & 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 & 𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐂𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐋𝐀 & 𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐊 𝐄�...
2K 36 17
Emily Oakes, daughter of a very well respected family in the OBX. She is a kook and an honorary pouge. But her best friend Sarah's brother hates her...