Stranger Things Imagines

By ObsidianLies

Just as the title says. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll get to them when I can. There's a lot... More

Favourite Song
Eddie's Graduation
Henderson!
Delayed Reaction
Comfortable
New Birthday
Finding Dart
Bad Swimmer
Crying In The Woods
Beach Day
Left Out
Haircut
The Freak Vs The Hair
Vol 2
1K!
I'll Cover You
Late
'Business Trip'
Talking To The Dead
Rainy Day
Makeup
2K!
Grief
Recovery
Roller Rink
Surprise!
Singing In The Shower
Heatwave
Break Up
3K!
Cheerleading
Tattoos And Buzzed Hair
5 Drunks and A Girl
Bait And Betrayal
Stockholm Syndrome
4K!
New Style
Chimes & Vines
D&D + Immortality
5K!
Promo Video
Love Language
Bad Haircut
Learning To Drive
6K!
Stray
Saving Dustin
A/N
7K!
A Night With The Mayfields
Weekend Away
Ring Code
8K!
Guilt
High As A Kite
Awkward Explanation
9K!
Embarrassing
Forgotten Song
10K!
Old Friend
Nightmare
New Employees
11K!
Mother Figure
12K!
13K!
New Book!
14K!
15K!
16K!
17K!
MADMAX
Reconnect
Failsafe
Intentions
Instincts

Welcome To Hellfire

366 8 5
By ObsidianLies

It's been a long day - how is it only lunch time? To avoid the hyper basketball idiots, I brought my own food today. I get that they're excited for the championship game - and I'm happy for Lucas - but I don't want to be around those jocks. Especially Jason, I can't stand him. Thankfully, it's a sunny day. As I sit on a wall at the front of the school, I notice Mike and Dustin running around like headless chickens.

"Guys!" I call out to them. "What the hell are you doing?" They run over to me and are completely out of breath when they come to a stop. "You guys okay? Is someone trying to hurt you?"

"No, we're trying to find a sub for Lucas." Mike informs me as he catches his breath.

"Do you want to come to Hellfire in his place?" Dustin asks.

"I'd love to but I don't know how to play."

"Uh, w-we can teach you." Mike blurts out.

"Yeah, and Eddie can tell you about the campaign and what's already happened." Dustin adds.

"Isn't he like... Mean and scary?"

"What?" Mike looks at me with confusion.

"No, Eddie's great. We just need to check with him about letting you in. If you want to that is." Dustin rambles. God, they must be desperate.

"Yeah, sure."

"Awesome."

When I finish my food and grab my bag, I don't have time to think as they grab my hands and start running. The sudden movement makes me let out a shriek as I try to dodge people in the hall and into the cafeteria. When they said they had to ask Eddie, I didn't think I'd have to be there.

"Remind me to kill you guys." I say as we stop at their table.

"Eddie, this is Y/N." Dustin introduces me.

"Hi." I awkwardly give him a small wave.

"She wants to be the sub for Lucas." Mike adds as Eddie looks me up and down.

"What class do you play?" He asks.

"I, uh, I've never actually played before..." He doesn't look very impressed by their choice.

"You couldn't find anyone who actually knows what they're doing?" Eddie asks the boys with a tone of slight irritation.

"Everyone else said no." Mike tries to defend the decision.

"We thought that, maybe, you could get her up to date with the campaign and we could help her create a character." Dustin continues with a slightly higher voice than usual.

Is he scared of him? Oh, god, I have no chance. I don't think he's blinked this whole time.

"Sorry, I don't wanna waste your time." I try to salvage our dignity.

"Hang on." Eddie jumps up from his chair and stares into my soul for a moment. "Do you really want to play?" He questions, clearly wondering if I'm just trying to do the guys a favour.

"Yeah, I have for years actually. But these morons never let me join because I'm a few years older than them and their party was 'girls only'." I smile sarcastically as I glance at them and use air quotes during the last comment. "Plus I don't really have other friends - especially ones who care about D&D."

"Alright." He flashes a small smile and nods slightly. "Meet me in the woods after school."

"Why, so you can kill me?" I let out a nervous laugh.

"So I can help you." He chuckles.

I agree to his offer and quickly leave them so I can get ready for a presentation after lunch. Throughout the rest of the day, the thought of what I've agreed to occupies my mind. I don't know if I should go to the woods. I just met him and he seems a little intimidating. However, Mike, Dustin and Lucas seem to trust him. All of them apart from Lucas knows where I'd be in case anything happened. Fuck it, if they trust him, I'll go.

As the day ends, I desperately try to spot one of the guys in the crowds of people. When I don't find them, I give in and head to the woods. I don't really know where I'm supposed to be going. I'm assuming he meant this picnic bench. I think I hear something and turn away as I keep walking. However, whilst I'm not looking, I accidentally bump into someone.

"Oh, shit. Sorry." I apologise and back up with a nervous look still on my face.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

"No, no you didn't. I just thought I heard something - it doesn't matter. Sorry I walked into you." I talk at a million miles an hour - oh god, I'm turning into Robin.

"It's okay." He assures me as we both sit down.

"I really don't know what I'm doing and I know there isn't much time. So if you think this is a waste of time, I'll go."

"I wouldn't be here if I thought I was wasting my time."

We spend a little time talking about the campaign and basic rules. His face lights up with each detail he reveals of his in-depth story. I find myself just smiling at him until he looks up and I realise that I've been caught staring.

"Sorry." I quickly look away in embarrassment.

"You know, I think I've seen you around." He changes the topic.

"Probably. It's a small town."

"I swear I always see you hanging around Steve Harrington." He pulls a face when he mentions Steve.

"Yeah, that checks out." There's a brief pause as I nod awkwardly.

"So, how long has that been going on?" He questions.

"What?" I let out a confused laugh.

"You guys are together, right? I mean, why else would you hang out with him so much?"

"Oh my god." I burst into a fit of laughter. "Is that what people think? He's my brother!" I continue howling with amusement.

"No way! Steve Harrington has a sister?" It's hard to tell what he's thinking through the shock and what I can only guess is so kind of excitement.

"Yep. He's about a year and a half older than I am. He graduated and I'm hoping to do the same this year."

"My mind is blown - I can't believe it. How does nobody seem to know this?"

"Because I'm not my brother. He was Mr Popular and I'm just a freak. I never tell anyone because I don't need more people pushing their expectations on me because of my family." I didn't think this would be something I'd be talking to Eddie about.

"Being a Harrington isn't as glamorous as people think?"

"This look glamorous to you?" I gesture at what I'm wearing. "When I said I don't have other friends, I meant it. I'm stuck between the groups - so I'm alone a lot of the time."

"What do mean stuck between groups?"

"I'm older than Dustin and all those guys but I'm younger than Steve, Robin and Nancy. The only person in my family I get along with is Steve, but nobody wants to hang out with their little sister all the time. The others have always had their party. I'm just kind of there. I don't know, I guess I don't fit in with my own friends sometimes. They literally left me behind yesterday after some kid tripped me down some stairs. My leg still hurts. I must be losing my mind. You ever feel like that?"

"Oh, you know... On a daily basis." He smiles. I can't believe I just told him all this. I never talk to anyone like this - not that I really have anyone to talk to.

"I gotta apologise to ya, Eddie."

"What for?"

"For making assumptions. You're not what I thought you'd be."

"Mean and scary?"

"Did those little shits tell you?"

"They may have done." He grins. "But everyone thinks that before they get to know me."

"Still, I'm sorry."

"Come on. I wanna show you something." He walks to my side and crouches down slightly to give me a piggyback ride because of my injured leg.

"Where are we going?" I ask as Eddie starts walking.

"I'm gonna show you where the Hellfire Club meets up."

"Can we even go back in?" I ask considering school ended like 40 minutes ago.

"There's clubs on every day, they have to keep the place unlocked."

I hold onto him tight enough to make sure I don't fall but not enough to hurt him. When we get to the building, Eddie turns into a madman. He starts running through the halls. Every teacher we pass yells at us but we keep laughing. When we finally get to the room he spoke about, he puts me back on the ground and sets things up on the large table.

"This is so cool."

"I think it's time we make you a player."

"How do I do that exactly?"

"Well, first you pick a class and a race. Then think of a name and a backstory. I'll help you tie it into the campaign and figure out the stats and stuff."

"Oh, yeah, totally - I knew that..."

Eddie and I spend the next couple of hours coming up with my character and going over the rest of the essentials for the game tomorrow. Once it's finally done, I asks what he thinks. Instead of giving an opinion, he just smiles, sticks his hand out and says:

"Welcome to Hellfire."

Cut to Hellfire

I'm extremely nervous about this. Part of me wants to bail but I can't now. As this game goes on, I only feel more and more out of place. I know Eddie explained everything yesterday but most of it didn't stick. I keep having to ask for clarification on everything. Everyone is getting annoyed because I'm slowing down the game. Despite this, Eddie notices that I'm struggling and tells the others to shut up.

"Sorry. I knew this was a bad idea." I apologise and rush out of the room.

As the door closes, I lean against the wall and slide to the floor. With my head in my knees, I begin to cry. Why can't I play the damn game? I'm never gonna have friends or fit in anywhere if I'm just annoying everyone. Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey, don't listen to them. Don't cry." Eddie crouches down to my level.

"They're right, though. Really, I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time." I wipe the tears away.

"It's your first time - you'll get the hang of it. They were new once too. You're a leader. Go in there and show them why." He encourages me.

Eddie helps me up and we go back to the others. I'm still terrified of how this is gonna go. However, I get plenty of reassuring glances from Eddie. As if by magic, my rolls get higher and things go my way. The tide has changed as they all follow me into battle. Things go wrong as Vecna takes my team one by one. We call a timeout with only myself and Dustin remaining. Though Eddie tries to convince us to run away, I decide what we do.

"What do you think?" Dustin asks me.

"You heard me the first time. We fight to the death!"

Everyone starts cheering as Dustin takes his turn. Shit. He didn't roll high enough. I'm the only one left. Once again, Eddie tries to get me to run.

"If they're gonna die, I'm not letting it be for nothing. We've come too far." With the others staring over my shoulder, I take a deep breath and roll the dice. "Yes! Nat 20!"

Everyone, including Eddie, starts freaking out. I did it! I killed Vecna! I stand proud with a grin wider than I ever thought possible as Eddie takes a bow. He stands up straight and smiles back at me. Whilst the others aren't looking, he winks and mouths "I knew you could do it." Maybe I do belong here. I could get used to this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 1.9K 120
•mike•will•Lucas•Dustin•Steve•billy•johnathon•el•max•Nancy•robin•Eddie•Chrissy•Fred•henry Pls request bc I'm like out of ideas
11.1K 277 17
𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐎𝐂 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 �...
846 10 19
↳ ❝ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐢 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐎𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐢 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 ...
57.2K 1.1K 41
000/𝘠/𝘕 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘣. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘣 𝘨...