Athena

By Aggelikiii05

Teenage years are supposed to be the best time of your life. Have fun, break the rules, fall in love, just li... More

Welcome
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Characters 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Characters 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 21

14.2K 399 41
By Aggelikiii05

"Now I kinda smile I haven't felt that in a while"
-Conan Gray

Its been a while since the last time I woke up on my own accord. No nightmares, no nothing. Just me in my bed, feeling relaxed and comfortable.

Scratch that, I'm not in my bed. I blink my eyes repeatedly, squinting them and trying to focus on my surroundings. I'm in a dark room, black bedsheets and gray walls. I try to get up but I'm stopped by a weight on my waist.

I look down and find a arm wrapped around me. Ares' arm is holding me tightly against his chest, while his face is nestled in the crook of my neck.

Suddenly the events of last night come back to me. Our talk in the kitchen, him trusting me with a traumatizing experience of his and finally sleeping with me to help me with my nightmare.

I smile at the thought of him finally opening up to me. It might take a while but I'll be with him every step of the way, proving that he can trust me.

I try to pry his arm off of me, without waking him up, so I can get back to my room and get ready. My attempt at freeing mysleft is pointless, though, since he only responded by pulling me closer to him.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled in a sleepy voice.

"I need to get back to my room." I whispered slowly.

He snuggles closer to me, "Five more minutes..."

"Ares, it's me... Athena." I inform him cautiously.

Maybe he was too drunk yesterday and he doesn't remember a thing. I don't want him to freak out if he suddenly wakes up and finds me sleeping in his bed.

"Mhm" He hums "My Athena" He murmurs and goes back to sleep.

I exhale in frustration and relax my body on the mattress. I guess we're going back to sleep.

***

"GUYS WAKE UP!"

"ATHENA IS GONE, WAKE THE FUCK UP"

I can here people shouting out in the hallway but I'm to comfortable to care. I just groan and snuggle closer to Ares.

"I SWEAR TO GO IF YOU DON'T GET UP RIGHT NOW..." A door is slammed open "ARES, GET YOUR ASS OFF THE BED!" Someone screams. I believe it's Enzo but how is he here? I thought they'd be gone for a couple of days for a business trip. Whatever, I really don't care right now. I just want to go back to sleep.

"I swear to fucking God... If you don't get out of my room right the hell now I'm gonna put so many bullets in your body that you'll look like a freaking fishing net." Ares replied in a calm but deadly voice. He didn't even bother to open his eyes.

"Athena is right here, sleeping, so I suggest you all shut the hell up before you wake her up" He continues.

"And you couldn't have said that in the first place? Do you know how worried we were? We thought-" Enzo rumbles before he is rudely interrupted.

"Out!" Ares exclaims a little louder than before.

Enzo grumbles something under his breath but eventually leaves the room.

I let out a sigh of frustration and snuggle closer to Ares. He chuckles softly and pushes a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"I think it's time to wake up" He says, a lot softer than before.

"No..." I pout "I'm still sleepy"

"Come on, you got everyone worried. We should get down." I exhale in frustration but finally relent.

I get up and he does the same. I watch him walk around his room, taking clothes out of his closet and getting in the shower. I make his bed and wait for him to get out.

Once he emerges from the bathroom I  call his name to get his attention.

He just hums in response, still getting ready for the day.

"Do you remember what happened yesterday? Because you were pretty drunk and i-"

He cuts me off. "I always remember everything I do when I drink." He runs a hand through his hair and turns to look at me. "I don't regret talking to you about...about what happened. I would have done it eventually anyway. I guess being drunk gave me the confidence that I needed. I mean it when I say that I want to be better. I just don't know how and I don't want you to hate me because of my stupid actions. I'm not saying that because that thing happened to me I'm allowed to be a juckass, it's just-"

"It's okay. I get it, I really do. We're all good." I give him a genuine smile.

"I'm here now and I'm gonna be by your side every step of the way. You're not alone Ares, you never were. You just have to open your eyes and see that there are people who love you. Not everyone is like him. I promise."

He doesn't answer for a while. He just stares at me, deciding whether he should trust me or not. I don't know what he is looking for in my eyes but I guess he finds it because eventually he nods and gives me a small smile.

I smile back and after I give him a reassuring hug I head towards my room and get ready.

I get down for breakfast and find all my brothers seated around the island. I fix a bowl of cereal and climb on the stool between Noah and Leo. I say a small good morning and dig into my food.

Its not long after that Ares also joins us. Everyone gives him weird looks, because of the incident earlier, I suppose, but he just glares at them and says nothing.

I smile, amused and try to divert the attention from him because he is clearly uncomfortable.

"So, how come you guys are here? I thought you'd be gone for at least a week" I ask Leo, Enzo and Matt.

They were supposed to visit some aunt from their mother's side and deal with some work matters while they were there.

"Gee, don't be so excited to see us. We've missed you too, Thena" Matteo glares playfully at me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"We finished early and decided to just come back home." Leo answers boredly.

"See, now that's an answer." I give Matteo a pointed look.

He just smiles sheepishly and takes a sip of his orange juice.

I space out after that, eating my breakfast in peace. I only converse with Noah a little, who just rumbles on and on about how Cade keeps jumping on his bed while he is asleep and lays on top of him. He doesn't really mind, he says, but sometimes he wants to use the bathroom and he won't get up. Although, he enjoys his company and he likes that he never has to be alone.

Noah really enjoys staying here. I have never seen him this happy before and I can't help but smile at his excitement. He deserves the world.

"So, guys, there's something we'd like to talk to you about." Alex says to me and Noah.

"What is it?"

"We think it's time you guys should start school. You, Athena, will be going with the twins, Atlas and Matteo while Noah will be going to an elementary school close by. If you don't feel ready we can postpone it but I think you've had enough time to settle in. I have already ordered a bunch of school supplies and you'll be going shopping with your brothers tomorrow as well. Does that sound good?"

I glance down at Noah and find him grinning at the idea.

"Yeah, okay. Sounds good" I reply nonchalantly. I am a bit nervous about school but I think that I'll do just fine, considering how many hours I have spent studying on my own.

"Good" Alex smiles warmly at me. "Now that this is out of the way we also have something else prepared for you"

"What?" I ask intrigued.

Anthony grins at me, "We wanted to do something nice for you, to show you how happy we are to have you back."

"Huh?"

"We prepared a list!" Apollo claps his hands and grins.

"A list?" I am so confused.

"You've been gone for thirteen years, so we wrote down thirteen fun activities that we should do together."

Before I get a chance to reply, Enzo gives me a piece of paper. I stare at it and can't help but smile at the idea.
There's all kinds of stuff in here. From karaoke night to a family basketball game.

I smile at them greatfuly. "You didn't have to do that..." I say but I furrow my eyebrows when I look back down at the list. "Wait, didn't you say thirteen? There's only twelve activities here."

"Yeah, well, the last one is a surprise!" Atlas announces before he grabs the list from my hand and shoves it in his pocket.

"So, how do you like the idea?" Apollo asks with a hopeful expression.

"It's amazing! Thank you!" I answer and smile appreciatively.

"No need to thank us, Thena. It's the least we could do." Leo gives me a side hug and I lean into his arms.

How did I get so lucky?

-----------

Sorry for the late update, I've been busy. Vote and comment!

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 6.1K 34
ထူးခြားထက် (Seme) ရွှေပုဢ( Uke) Uke softဖြစ်တဲ့ထပြင် intersex (α€’α€½α€­α€œα€­α€„α€Ί) ဖြစ်တာမို့ ကြိုက်မှဖတ်ကြပါနော် α€€α€­α€―α€šα€Ία€›α€²α€·α€’α€―α€α€­α€šα€™α€Όα€Ύα€±α€¬α€€α€Ίficα€™α€­α€―α€· α€‘α€™α€Ύα€¬α€Έα€•α€«α€›α€„α€Ία€α€½α€„α€Ία€·α€œα€½α€Ύ...
294K 17.9K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
172K 1K 189
Mature content
97.4K 375 20
My wlw thoughts Men dni 🚫 if you don't like these types of books block don't report Pm me girls<3