✓ | 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐀𝐑...

By 4uwhateverworks

❛ whatever possessed you to do that should possess you again. ❜ basically, where i try to write maribat plato... More

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 | brucinette
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 | daminette
𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 | jasonette
𝐚𝐧...𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 | timinette
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 | timinette
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 | no pairing
𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 | felinette
𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐮 | daminette
𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐧 | daminette
𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 | yandere daminette
𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐬 | daminette
𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮... | daminette
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚 | timinette [platonic]
𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 | daminette
𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 | daminette [genderbend]
𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦 | daminette [sibling]; timinette
𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 | daminette
𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 | daminette
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 | daminette
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 | daminette
𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 | maridamijon
𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 | luka & jason
𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲 | daminette
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 | daminette
𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 | daminette
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬é | no pairing
𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 | no pairing
𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 | jasonette
𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 | brucinette
𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 | daminette
𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 | daminette
𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐮 | daminette
𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭) | jasonette
𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. | jasonette
𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬 | no pairing
𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 | jasonette
𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐬 | jasonette
𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 | timinette
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 | daminette
𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 [chloe and jon]
𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 | dickinette
𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐯𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬 | dickinette
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 | dickinette

𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 | dickinette

1.5K 63 5
By 4uwhateverworks

All Marinette wanted was one night of relaxation. Was that so hard to ask?

Her phone buzzed with a text from Adrien, once again begging for her forgiveness, apologizing for his actions, promising to make it better.

It was the same story every day since the day she caught him kissing Lila in Marinette's apartment.

◇─◇──◇─◇

Marinette hummed along with the song playing in her earbuds, carefully clutching onto her sketchbook so that it didn't fly away.

She may be older now, but that didn't mean her clumsiness wasn't prone to show up now and then.

The song paused when an incoming call from Chloe flashed across her phone, and Marinette picked up immediately.

"Hey, Chlo!" she said, cheerfully. "What's up?"

"Mari. Mom says you can go to-"

She cut off abruptly and the distinct sound of phone-wrestling was heard.

"Marinette," Audrey Bourgeois' cool, confident voice was heard. "You are going to be going to the USA as an ambassador for our partnership with the Waynes. My assistant will forward the details to you."

The call was cut, leaving Marinette staring at her screen open-mouthed.

The USA? To form a deal with the Waynes?

Marinette phone, for the second time in the last few minutes, flashed with an incoming call from Chloe.

"Sorry about that Mari," She sounded out of breath as if she had just yelled at someone.

Marinette laughed nervously. "It's alright. But...what did Audrey mean about a deal with the Waynes?"

A man bumped into her and Marinette stumbled.

"Watch it," he hissed and Marinette rolled her eyes, nervousness momentarily forgotten.

She started walking towards her apartment in favour of standing in the middle of the street.

As Chloe explained, Marinette fumbled with her keys, opening the door to her apartment.

The scene she saw made her jaw drop and her keys fall.

Adrien and Lila were tangled up together on the couch, vehemently kissing.

They hadn't even noticed her coming in.

◇─◇──◇─◇

Marinette thanked the flight attendant with a polite smile and pulled her suitcase through the airport.

As she emerged through the sliding doors, Gotham looked every bit of the gloomy and dark place it was described to be.

Rain poured down in torrents, sliding over cars.

Marinette, thankfully, got out of the rain unscathed and as she stepped into the limo that Audrey provided her with, Marinette gaped at the luxuriousness of it.

The female Bourgeois' fortune never failed to shock her.

"To the hotel, ma'am?" asked the American driver, looking at her through the rear-view mirror.

Marinette cleared her throat and nodded. "Yes."

The car started to move and curiously, Marinette looked outside the window, watching as the buildings flew by.

One, in particular, stood out, looking particularly grand and elegant compared to the other flashy buildings next to it.

On the building, a big 'W' was stamped upon it, and Marinette assumed it was the esteemed headquarters of Wayne Enterprises.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when the car came to a standstill, in front of a grand building, adorned with bright lights giving it a certain flair.

Marinette stepped out of the limousine already seeing some very harried-looking people hurrying to her.

"Welcome, welcome, Madame Dupain-Cheng," A moustached man said exuberantly with a prominent french accent.

Marinette assumed he was french so she smiled at him politely and said, "Bonjour, Monsieur."

Quickly, he took her single bag and directed her to her room, and Marinette had to say Audrey Bourgeois went all out on this one.

The room was luxuriously decorated with chandeliers and sparkling bottles of champagne in ice.

"Please do call if you need anything."

Marinette nodded, still in shock as she shut the door behind him.

As soon as she did, her phone began to ring and Chloe's name flashed across the screen.

Marinette sighed as she picked up. "Do you have some superpower?"

"I know I'm special Mari, you don't need to remind me." Marinette could practically hear the smugness in her voice.

"Sure, Chloe," she drawled, walking into her room. "So, what's up?"

"Two things," Chloe said, suddenly business-like. "First, Adrien is taken care of. He doesn't know you've gotten a new phone number, so he can't call you anymore."

Marinette felt some of the tension in her shoulders flow out of her. "Thanks, Chlo. What would I do without you?"

"Probably shrivel up and die." Chloe sniffed haughtily but Marinette knew she was touched. "But anyway, two, I'll be coming to Gotham the day after tomorrow, but you have a meeting with the Waynes tomorrow itself, so you'll have to meet them on your own."

Marinette groaned. "Seriously? Can't you come tomorrow?"

She could hear the smirk in her best friend's voice as she said, "Nope. You know I can't. I still have to deal with the fall of the Gabriel Empire. Mom says there's a lot to be taken care of and I can't leave before that."

Only sighing in response, Marinette flopped onto her bed. "I take back what I said before."

Chloe cackled and Marinette was struck with a sense of dread. This wasn't going to end well.

"You, Mari," she said, "Are going to hate me even more after this."

"Chloe-" Marinette started but said girl interrupted her before she could say anything.

"You," Chloe paused dramatically. "Are going to be going on a night out. To the most famous club in Gotham."

Marinette groaned. "Chloe, no."

"Chloe, yes." The girl cackled again. "I told you, you were going to hate me after this."

Marinette sighed, this was a conversation they had so many times before.

It was always the same thing; Chloe thought Marinette should go and find more fish in the sea (especially after Adrien) and Marinette didn't agree.

She was perfectly fine on her own.

"Marinette," Chloe said, and this time, said girl knew she meant business. "It's been ages since you've had some fun, especially with the work Mom's putting you under. Now, you're not even dating Adrien, so you can hook up with people. C'mon Mari, you're in your twenties, live a little."

Marinette sighed, already resigned.

"You're lucky I brought some dresses with me."

Marinette was already regretting her decision to listen to Chloe.

The club was loud, ridiculously loud and Marinette was already starting to get a headache from the volume.

She needed a drink.

It was most definitely a bad decision, but Chloe said to let go, and that was exactly what Marinette was doing.

Striding to the bartender confidently, Marinette asked for the strongest drink they have.

She settled herself on a barstool, sipping her drink, content with watching the writhing masses of the people.

"What's a pretty lady like yourself doing alone?" A sleazy voice crooned.

Marinette cringed.

She turned around, only to see a much older man, smirking at her, clearly leering at her body.

"None of your business," Marinette said shortly and turned her back to him.

"Aw, don't be like that, love."

Shuddering in disgust as she felt his hand on her arm, Marinette stood up.

And promptly stumbled over her feet.

So maybe she had had too much to drink.

"Get away from me," she yelled over the loud music.

The man ignored her protest as he tightened his grip on her arm.

Marinette was getting ready to kick him right where it hurt when the man's hand was ripped off her.

"I think," a voice said casually, "She said to get away from her. I suggest you do that before things get messy."

Marinette turned around to see a very handsome dark-haired man defending her honour.

She would be lying if she didn't say she wasn't attracted to him.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when her assailant stepped forward and tilted his head in a way Marinette assumed he thought was intimidating.

Spoiler alert: it wasn't in the slightest.

Her 'knight in shining armour' smirked. "Are we seriously going to do this?"

Marinette snorted. "Clearly."

Shooting her a look that screamed danger, Marinette's assailant stepped forward with his fist cocked.

Any bystander would have assumed that it was for the man standing next to Marinette.

Instead, his fist came flying to her and Marinette's Ladybug instincts kicked in.

She ducked and shoved him back as hard as she could.

Marinette may or may not have underestimated how much strength she had.

He went flying and slammed into one of the chairs behind him.

"Oh my god," the man whose name she still didn't know, gaped.

Marinette stifled her laugh as all the people near them turned and gaped at him, assuming it was him who caused the commotion.

"What the hell is going on here?' A burly bouncer stood in front of them, arms crossed.

Marinette blinked her eyes open slowly as they adjusted to the light.

Where was she?

Light was streaming through the large windows of whatever room she was in and the sheets under her were as soft as silk.

Marinette tried to remember how exactly she ended up here.

◇─◇──◇─◇

As Marinette's assailant was being kicked out of the club, her knight turned to her.

"So," he said charmingly and Marinette cursed herself as her heartbeat sped up. "I wasn't expecting that, but it certainly wasn't unwelcome. Maybe it'll teach him something about consent."

Marinette shrugged lightly. "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"It was one," he responded humorously.

Marinette decided it was time she got his name.

"So," she started casually. "Who is my knight in shining armour? I think I deserve to know."

He bowed. "Dick."

Marinette reared back. "What? Is that supposed to be a joke?"

"No, no, no," he said frantically. "My actual name is Richard, but you can call me Dick."

"Oh." Marinette felt her cheeks warming up but hopefully, Dick wouldn't notice. "Well, my name is Marinette."

◇─◇──◇─◇

After that, things got fuzzy and Marinette vaguely remembered dancing with him.

And then kissing him.

And then coming home with him.

Marinette sat up suddenly, muttering, "This was a terrible decision, I should never have done this, I'm such an idiot-"

She fell silent as the sheets rustled beside her.

Turning around, she saw the man of the night himself stretched out all over the bed, smirking at her. "I didn't think I was that bad."

Marinette rolled her eyes at him. "Cocky much?"

"Well," he leaned forward, and Marinette willed herself to not look down. "I do have some good comments and, if I do say so myself-"

He was cut off abruptly with Marinette throwing a pillow at him. "Ever heard of too much information?"

Dick held up his hands in apology. "But seriously, was it good?"

Marinette's cheeks stained a light pink as she muttered, "Yes."

He smirked.

"But," Marinette said, to stop his ego from inflating. "Don't let it get to your head."

Obviously, her statement didn't do anything.

Marinette stood up, picking up her clothes. "Is there anywhere I can change?"

"Already leaving?" Dick pouted and it was adorable.

Marinette had to fight the urge to not melt then and there. "Well, I do have places to be and things to do. So, yes."

His face fell exaggeratedly and Marinette almost felt bad.

Almost.

While he was getting out of bed, she fought to keep her gaze on his face only.

It took her a few seconds to realize he was pointing at something.

Feeling her cheeks turn scarlet, Marinette said, "Thanks!" and raced off to the safety of the bathroom.

Dick was left behind, and Marinette could practically hear his smirk.

◇─◇──◇─◇

"You what?" Chloe screeched. "Oh my god Mari, I'm so proud of you!"

Marinette paused. "That was not the answer I was expecting."

"I can't believe you got laid, that's amazing-" Chloe sounded like she was about to ramble on and on, so Marinette cut her off.

"I know, and you can rant about it later, but right now, I need your help in getting ready for the Wayne meeting."

Chloe grumbled but she complied anyway.

◇─◇──◇─◇

Marinette straightened her back as the receptionist let her into the meeting room.

As she entered, Marinette subtly gaped at the luxuriousness of the room. It was beautiful but there were some improvements required.

Her internal rambling was cut off with a very familiar laugh; one she had heard multiple times in the last night.

Turning around, Marinette felt her jaw drop.

"Dick?"

She knew sleeping with him was a terrible decision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 621 17
Valentine's day comes once a year. The day of hearts is quite popular especially among young people. I decided to take part in writing a Valentine's...
61.9K 1K 37
So......yes I'm making one of these. Hope you like it. Writing shitty at first but gets better I think?🤔 Wanna find out? Read this book😁
21.5K 619 21
The title is self explanatory. This is the Daminette version to the book I had written some time ago. But just Daminette. - No batfamily fanfic ...
203K 2.4K 23
Some times the only thing I need is a good one shot, and now I am going to write my own. I promise you will love these. I make em Juicy ;) I also tak...