Hope Aflame (Stiles Stilinski)

By random1469

Alannah Knight seems to be the star in Stiles Stilinski's heart. However, she is unaware of that. When she ge... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Update
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 29

106 4 0
By random1469

After figuring out where the girls are being held, Stiles, Scott, and Isaac are in the Jeep on the way to Oak Creek. 

Scott looks over at his best friend in concern. 

"Hey, you okay?"

 "Yeah. Yeah. You don't have to worry about me." Stiles states. 

Isaac leans between the two front seats from his space in the back.

 "All right, I'll say it. You look like you're dying. You're pale, thin and you look like you're getting worse. And we're all sitting here thinking it. When we find the other you, is he gonna look like he's getting better? What happens if he gets hurt?" 

"You mean if he dies, do I die? I don't care. Just so long as no one else dies because of me. I remember everything I did, Scott. I remember pushing that sword into you. I remember twisting it." He remembers Malia kissing him too but he's too scared to come to terms with that right now.

 "It wasn't you." Scott reminds him. 

"Yeah, but I remember it. You guys gotta promise me. You can't let anyone else get hurt because of me."

Alannah remains sitting and thinking when she feels the air change around them.

 It feels like hope? 

Growing more confident for the first time since dealing with void she stands up, "You're nervous, aren't you? You know they're coming. You know they're going to kill you." 

Void lets out a dark chuckle and pulls Alannah close to him.

 Grabbing a fistful of her hair he looks down at her, "Well, that's exactly why I'm keeping you so close."

Scott, Stiles, and Isaac meet up with Allison and Kira outside of the gates of Oak Creek. 

"We've done this before, guys. A couple of weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember? That was a total stranger. This is Alannah and Lydia." Scott gives them a pep talk. 

"I'm here to save my best friends." Allison declares. 

"I came to save mine." Scott says looking at Stiles. 

"I came to save my girlfriend." Stiles joins in.

 Isaac informs them that he just didn't feel like doing homework which earns him a glare from Stiles.

Lydia sighs as she hears the voices clearly now, "They're here. And I don't need to scream to know that they're going to kill you." She smirks. 

Void gives her and Alannah and equally as big smirk in return. 

"Good. Because that's exactly why I brought you. I needed to know when they'd be close enough. When my own death was closing in." Suddenly about six Oni appear around void.

 "Cause only when they're close, can I do this..." he announces pulling one of the Noshiko tails out and snapping it, gaining control of the Oni.

 The girls aren't left alone for long before two more figures turn up...Scott and Stiles. 

"Lana! Are you all right?" Stiles questions. 

Lydia runs to them in anger.

 "No. No, no, no. Why are you here?" she questions.

 "Lydia we're here for you." Stiles informs her with confusion as Alannah remains quiet beside her best friend. 

"You weren't supposed to be here. You didn't get my message?" Lydia asks. 

"Lydia, what's happening?" Scott now questions. 

"Who else is here? Who came with you? Who else is here?" Lydia rushes out, ignoring Scott's question. 

Hearing the commotion from above they make their way out through the tunnels but Stiles begins to lag behind causing Alannah to turn back around to help him. 

Lydia notices and runs back to Alannah helping her prop Stiles up but Lydia pauses in her steps as an overwhelming scream rips out of her. 

"ALLISON!!!!" Knowing what that scream means Alannah pauses too as she breaks out into a sob with Lydia.

 Their best friend has just died. 

Allison Argent is dead.

After the events at Oak Creek Alannah has to be alone.

 She feels bad for pushing Stiles aside, but grief is something she knows all too well. 

The best way for her to cope with it has always been solitude. 

He and Lydia reluctantly drop her off at her house. 

When she walks in the doors, she's surprised to see both of her parents sitting on the couch...together...not arguing. 

"Mom? Dad?" she questions in confusion. 

"What's going on?" she questions. 

"Hey, baby sis." Taylor Knight announces from the kitchen revealing himself to his sister after so many years. 

Alannah sees the lights deem before she's passing out onto the floor.

When she comes too her parents have her propped up on the couch. 

"Here, honey drink this." Chase Knight instructions handing her a water.

 Alannah takes a slow slip looking around the living room in search of Taylor.

 She starts to feel faint again when she sees him sitting to the right of them on the love seat with their mom.

 "Am I dreaming?" she questions.

 "No, baby. You aren't." her mom replies with tears in her eyes.

 "Taylor came back to us." She states full on crying tears of joy now.

 "But your dead." Alannah says in confusion.

 "Correction, I was dead but umm it turns out my body had just gone into deep shock at the sight of the crash . When they brought me to the morgue they discovered my breathing was just really slow." He clarifies but gives his sister a look telling her he would explain everything, the real everything later. 

Ignoring that look though she begins to grill him for more answers.

 "So, what happened after that? You made us all mourn for you when you've been alive this whole time!" she raises her voice causing Chase to rub circles on her back in an attempt to calm her down.

 "I didn't feel safe in this town...with these people.. after everything that happened. I mean what kind of idiotic medical staff presumes me dead when I'm clearly not. I needed to protect myself, so I moved out to New Orleans. I had some distant friends there from when I played AAU. I've been living there ever since." 

Not understanding any of this or how her parents could Alannah asks another question. 

"Why come back now if this town is so dangerous?"

 "Because, I found out about mom and dad's divorce. Had to see for myself it was real. Figured you would need someone to talk to." He explains causing Margo and Chase to look down in embarrassment and sadness. 

Alannah isn't buying any of this and with everything going on between Allison's death and void Stiles this was the last thing she needed to worry about. 

"I can't be around this. I can't be around you." Is all she states before she goes up to her room.

 Margo sighs turning to Taylor, "She'll come around." 

Chase sighs as well but follows his daughter up to her room. 

"Alannah?" he knocks quietly before coming in. 

"How are you okay with this?! It makes no sense!" Alannah snaps at him. 

"He lied to us!" she continues. 

"Honey. Honey." Chase states brining her in close to him.

 "I know it doesn't make sense, but your mother and I have decided to just not question it. Our son is back..that's all that matters. That's all that should matter." He voices running his hand through her hair softly. 

"Maybe for you but not for me." She says, pushing him away.

 Sighing Chase leaves her alone. 

Not to long after that the blonde receives a call from her friends saying they finally have a plan to get rid of void.

 Needing the distraction and wanting to help her boyfriend she quickly leaves her house avoiding her parents and brother.

The five of them, Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Alannah, and Kira hop out of Stiles' Jeep. 

Alannah and Lydia help Stiles walk into the doors of Beacon Hill High School.

 Before they could enter Stiles stops them.

 "Scott, hold on. I know what you're all thinking. If this works, it might kill me, too. But even if does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?" Scott looks at his best friend.

 "The plan is to save you. That's the plan I'm going with." The door creaks open but instead of the normal hallways they knew it was a Japanese garden.

 Wind chimes blow softly in the background as snow falls to the ground. 

Once they are far enough in, the gates to the garden slam shut behind them as a bandaged figure appears blocking their exit.

 "Like I promised, Stiles. We're going to kill all of them. One by one." Scott instructs them. 

"What the hell is this? Where are we?" Stiles demands as he shivers next to Alannah and Lydia.

 "Between life and death." Kira answers.

 "Bardo." Lydia whispers. 

The Nogitsune stalks towards them.

 "But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia. You're dying, Stiles. And now everyone you care about is dying, too." 

"What? What do you mean?" 

"I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital. The sheriff's station. And now the animal clinic. Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?" 

"No, and I don't want to." He answers. 

"When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Scott...Scott is your kaishakunin, I'm going to make your best friend kill you. Stiles. And you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade. Unless Scott kills you first." Void confesses. 

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Stiles asks. 

"To win the game." He chuckles as the Oni swung their swords in preparation for attack. 

Stiles, Alannah, and Lydia hide behind a bench as Scott and Kira take on the Oni. 

As the fighting went on Stiles grew impatient at seeing others risk their lives for him. 

He decides to rush out from his hiding spot picking up a discarded sword. 

"Stiles, no!" Alannah yells as he presses it on his stomach.

 "Stiles." Scott gasps as he stops fighting. 

"What if it saves you? What if it saves all of you?" Stiles questions. 

"What if it's just another trick?" Lydia pleads as Alannah starts to feel a tingling sensation in the palms of her hands. 

"No more tricks. End it, Scott. Let your friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself. Do it, Scott. Be his kaishakunin. Give up the game. You have no moves left." The Nogitsune says trying to encourage Stiles.

 "I do. A divine move." Stiles states as he sees there is no reflection of the katana in the mirror.

 Stiles pulls the katana away from himself.

 "Stop fighting them. It's an illusion. You have to stop fighting them. It looks real and it feels real, but Scott, you gotta trust me, it's an illusion." Stiles pleads. 

They all begin to follow Stiles into the school as they power through the pain.

 As soon as they reach the doors, they all tumble through to reveal the normal school hallway.

 "We're okay. We're" Scott starts but is thrown to the side as Kira is bashed over the head leaving Stiles with Alannah and Lydia.

 They turn to see void. 

"This was my game. You think you can beat me at my game?!" he shouts.

 Stiles drags Alannah and Lydia back placing himself in front of them as a form of protection while the sensation in Alannah's hands grow stronger. 

"Divine move. Divine move. You think you have any moves at all? You can kill the Oni. But me? Me? I'm a thousand years old. You can't kill me!" he yells. 

Alannah's hands move before her mind can. 

Her hands rise as she uses all her force to push void back...with magic? 

She lets out a loud grunt and then jumps back surprised by her actions.

 "What the hell was that?!" Lydia questions while Stiles looks at his girlfriend startled by her acquired supernatural abilities. 

Void ends up falling to the ground. 

It looked like Alannah had knocked him out. 

The three step closer to him to check for good but he quickly sits back up having one last trick in him. 

"Now, Alannah when I said you had so much power that was not what I meant. That was amateur hour. You clearly need more practice with your magic to unlock your true power. Now...where were we?" he grins evilly.

"We were just about to change the host." Lydia speaks up with a smirk.

 "Change the host." Void mumbles. 

"You can't be a fox and a wolf and thanks to the Shugendo scroll we can make sure that happens." Alannah reveals.

 Scott turns up and takes a bite into void's shoulder. 

He turns around screaming in pain before Kira plungers her katana into his chest from behind.

 The group watches on as Void falls to his knees and his face cracks being blown away into smoke. 

A singular firefly left in its place and flies away until Taylor catches it in a box securing the lid.

 "Taylor?" Lydia questions in wonder. 

She's the last in the group to know that he's alive. 

Alannah looks at Stiles to get his reaction at seeing her dead brother alive but pauses as she notices the look on his face. 

"You knew?" she whispers. 

Stiles looks sheepishly at her, "Yes and I was gonna tell you." He states fearful of his girlfriend's reaction. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 22.3K 80
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.2M 52.3K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
703K 11.3K 65
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ป๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
331K 10.9K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...