Out With The Old, In With The...

By embodimentofimpulse

Chloe, Lila, and Marinette have been best friends for as long as they can remember, but when Chole tells Mari... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Month 1
Chapter 2 - Month 1 pt. 2
Chapter 3 - Month 2
Chapter 4 - Month 2 pt. 2
Chapter 5 - Can't catch a break
Chapter 6 - Their arrival
Chapter 7 - The date
Chapter 8 - The date pt. 2
Chapter 9 - The date pt. 3
Chapter 10 - 3 steps forward and 2 steps back
Chapter 11 - The start of the tumbling dominoes
Chapter 12 - (Side Chapter)
13 - Their progress
14 - The new enemy
15 - First day drama
16 - Numerous Talks
17 - Traveling & Rescued
18 - Timing and Precision
19 - Breakup + new guy
A/N
Another A/N
20 - Scout out
21 - Scout out pt. 2
22 - Next Gen starts now
Chapter 23
24 - Trial
25 - Trial pt. 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N

Chapter 34

754 6 0
By embodimentofimpulse

Everything's been going well so far. Everyone is still on edge though given everything that's happened. They all write to Matteo and Ethan, and continue to stay on their toes. All the girls get ready to head to the store having the feeling that something's gonna go wrong.

Ruby: I'm telling you, one of us has to stay!

Sapphire: You're overreacting, Ru. What could go wrong in fifteen minutes?

Ruby: Uh, I don't know, A LOT!?

Katie: Later!

Caleb: Later!

They all leave leaving the guys alone. Ruby keeps protesting, but in the end, ends up in their new van anyway.

Pearl: I'm still not over the fact that Uncle Caleb got us a new van.

Jade: No, because I'm not either!

Katie: How much money do we have, Sapph?

Sapphire: We're only $500 away from paying him back fully! We're very close!

Pearl: I'll go to the ATM. I just got my check.

Katie: Ok. Let's go.

Katie pulls off and starts toward the store. What they don't realize is that a group of people who look exactly like them make their way across the street. Confused? Let's go back about two chapters to the end.

{Recap}

Not knowing that things are gonna get worse, Liam and Amethyst fall asleep quickly not thinking anything will go wrong. Little do they know, everything's already beginning to go to hell.

{Unknown location}

Ashley: Olivia, send them out.

Olivia: Yes ma'am.

Olivia uploads a file and her and Ashley cackle maniacally.

Ashley: The freaks are going down.

{End}

This was the day that Ashley had Olivia send out plans for an on notice, top secret plan. Her father was in a VERY high position of power, so he had access to almost any illegal operations activity that he could get his hands on. One of those operations includes the unauthorized cloning of unwilling participants, and unfortunately, the Collins family were those unwilling participants.

Anyway, the copy cats make their way across the street with "Katie" carrying a duffle bag full of a gasoline tank, some matches, and a few bottles of beer. "Katie" hands them all a bottle after pouring gasoline around the house. They light matches and drop them onto the gasoline, then light some more and toss them into the beer bottles and throw them in through the windows.

They run away making sure the guys get a good look at their faces and smile wickedly. By the time all the Sacramentos get our of the house and call the fire department everything's already burned to the ground. Everything's been reduced to ash. The girls pull up in the van not even three minutes later and see the state of the house.

Katie: Holy shit!

Ruby: What happened!?

Amethyst: I know this isn't the time, but was Li tryna cook again?

Amethyst laughs lightly, but stops when Liam runs at her and punches her in the mouth so hard he knocks out her wisdom tooth making blood pool and spill out of her mouth in an instant.

Jade: What the hell, man!? What was that for!?

Pearl: Yeah, what did she do!?

Katie: You better get your damn brother, Caleb!

Caleb: I'm not doing shit for you! Not after you burned down our fucking house!

Katie: What!? We were at the store!

Jacob: We saw all of you!

Sapphire: I don't know what you saw, but we were at the store!

Caleb: Yeah!? Explain this then!

Caleb throws his phone at Katie with clear camera footage of 'them' lighting their house up and running away.

Katie: What...? But...how? Dude, we swear we weren't-

Caleb: Leave.

Katie: Caleb, we-

Caleb: GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME AND MY BROTHERS DAMMIT! DON'T EVER SHOW YOUR FUCKING FACE AROUND US AGAIN!

They all stare at the people they once trusted and start making their way back to their van. Katie takes a briefcase out of the trunk and throws it at Caleb.

Katie: There's $500,000 in there. A thank you for the van, but I guess that doesn't mean shit to you now, huh?

Caleb just glares at her and watches her get in the van. Katie quickly drives off not even daring to look back.

Jade: Where are we going?

Katie: Sapph, when's the next flight to the U.S?

Sapphire: Three hours...

Katie: Then that's where we'll go. Start over.

Pearl: But-

Amethyst: We've got each other! We'll be fine!

Jade: Who needs boys!?

Ruby: Yeah! Who needs boys!?

Ruby impulsively deletes everything of Jason out of her phone, and when she realizes, laughs.

Ruby: We don't need men!

Jade: Ain't that right!

Pearl: Period!

They delete everything about the Sacramentos out of their phone- Jade doing Katie's for her because she's driving- and continue to the airport. Sapphire books the last six tickets so they'll be able to get on the plane when they get there. The girls fall asleep in the van, and thinking about the entire situation only makes Katie even more angry.

Katie: Wouldn't even listen! Just fucking ditched and shit! They aren't shit! I swear! (Mockingly) "I'll always be there for you." What a load of bull!

She takes a few deep breaths to calm down since attracting an akuma would be even more dangerous since the girls don't have their miraculous anymore. They get to the airport two hours late since whoever decided 'Hey! Let's build the airport so far away from actual civilization!'

Katie: Jade, wake up.

Katie shakes Jade awake and they start waking everyone. Without anything to their names, they go inside the airport and wait for their flight to be called. They all sit in pairs across the airport, and try to stay calm until they can get onto the plane. Jade and Amethyst are together getting food for themselves since no one else wanted anything, Sapphire is talking with Ruby near the gate, and Katie and Pearl are just taking a look at everything.

Jade: I'm not gonna lie, I saw this coming. I just...It hurts, y'know?

Amethyst: Felt that. To be honest, I didn't even really think about how much I cared about Li until...

Jade: I know.

Jade pays for their food, and they go find an open bench near their gate to sit on.

Jade: Did you love him?

Amethyst chokes on her donut and tries to dislodge the piece from her throat. She swallows the piece that was stuck in her throat and chases it down with coffee.

Amethyst: W-What?

Jade: Did you love him?

Amethyst: I...don't know...I mean, I liked him. A lot. He had some...issues. Sure, he was a little...wonky in the head, but...that's what I liked about him.

Jade: Issues? Is that how your eye got all busted up?

Amethyst: Uh, well...I mean...

Jade: He did it...didn't he?

Amethyst: Yeah...

Jade: Why didn't you say anything!? What he did wasn't ok!

Amethyst: I-I know! I just...I've never felt like this about anyone. That's no excuse, I know. But...everyone has their moments. Remember in elementary, specifically fourth, when I when I raged out on that one girl for picking on Ruby?

Jade: And you didn't realize what you we're doing until after? Yeah.

Amethyst: With him it was like that. He didn't realize what happened until after and apologized.

Jade: (Sigh) Ame-

Amethyst: I know, I know! But every time he says something stupid it's like... y'know! And when he apologizes...he's so sweet. And how could I deny an apology from that freckled face!? I was so stupid! I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up!

Jade: Ame, don't say that.

Amethyst: Why!? It's true! We're freaks, Jade! No one thinks any more, no one thinks any less! But- But they thought we were real people! They treated us like human beings for once!

Amethyst is pulled in by Jade and cries while she holds her. Jade rubs her back and they sit together waiting for their flight. Sapphire tries to keep Ruby calm, but with her hyperactive personality...that's difficult.

Ruby: Do you think the U.S is as amazing as everyone says it is? What food do you think is there? Do you think everything is like Paris, but in English? Do you think the people there are nicer than here? Do you think-

Sapphire: Ru, I love you, but you are too hyper. Calm it down, please?

Ruby: Sorry, but I'm excited! I'm also really sad.

Ruby quickly deflates and Sapphire takes her to a bench to sit.

Ruby: I thought...I thought they r-really cared...I-I thought...

Sapphire: I did too, Ru. So did I. Who knows, maybe you'll meet a cute guy in America.

Ruby: I don't want to meet any new guys! I actually liked him! I was gonna tell him too!

Sapphire: It'll be fine. Maybe we'll see them again.

Ruby: I doubt it.

Sapphire lays Ruby down on her lap and runs her fingers through her hair.

Sapphire: It'll be ok.

Meanwhile, Pearl and Katie are just walking around passing the time.

Pearl: Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Katie: So, how was it having your very first boyfriend?

Pearl: It was...nice. I mean, he cooked, he built up my confidence, he...helped me with...

Nothing more needs to be said when Pearl touches her mouth and wipes hee eyes.

Pearl: And everything- everything with that bastard...

Katie: I know. Believe me, I know. At least we have each other, right?

Pearl: I guess...Uncle Noah and Aunt Sasha! What are we gonna tell them!?

Katie: Nothing. No contact. It's excessive, I know, but the less contact we have with anyone, the better.

Announcer: Flight 37C to America now departing. All passengers please make your way to gate C.

Katie and Pearl run to catch up with the other girls that are already making their way to the gate to get onto the plane. While they prepare to leave, Noah and Sasha start getting suspicious.

Noah: Ok, now, this is just weird! No calls from Caleb and the guys, and no calls from Katie and the girls. This is just weird.

Sasha: Maybe you're looking to much into it, I mean, maybe their just busy.

Noah: You're thinking?

Sasha: Yes?

Noah: How are those memories treating ya?

They both know that over the past few months, Sasha's memories have gotten better, but the only thing she still doesn't know that her and Noah aren't dating.

Sasha: Can it, you ass!

Noah: Eat shit, baby.

Sasha: Y'know, you aren't very nice.

Noah: I'm plenty nice!

Sasha: No, you aren't.

Noah: I am.

Sasha: Not.

Noah: Y'know what!? One of these days I'm gonna strangle you!

Sasha: You won't do a damn thing!

Noah: Don't you make me get up! I'm comfortable!

Noah glares at the back of Sasha's head since she's facing his TV playing Call of Duty.

Sasha: Quit glaring at me. It's distracting and I'm tryna actually win a match for once.

Noah: You mean you're tryna come in first. Something you've failed to do numerous times.

Sasha: Shut it! At least I can come in the top 10!

Noah gasps dramatically and throws a pillow at her which she narrowly avoids.

Sasha: HA! Eat my ass! You missed, dipstick!

Noah: You won't be saying anything when I actually do it!

Sasha cringes when she gets blinded by a flag bang and fires back with a bomb.

Sasha: Yes! Oh, and shut up, shithead!

Noah: Tch. You don't listen! I just told you not to make me get up!

Noah, being the dumbass he is, gets up anyway and sits down behind Sasha and pulls her into his lap.

Sasha: Dude, let me go. I'm about to win.

Noah: Don't mind me. I'm not doing anything.

He rubs circles on her waist and starts moving one of his hands between her legs.

Sasha: Watch it, prick!

Noah: Y'know, you're a real bitch when you're hungry.

Sasha: And you're a prick any day of the week.

Noah: Only when I'm horny~

Sasha: Then go jerk off in the bathroom or something!

Noah: I'd rather not. What if I just...

He pins her arms to her sides and begins sucking on her neck.

Sasha: Fucking p-prick...

Noah: Hmm?

Sasha: L-Let go!

Noah: Why~? You taste good, darling~

Sasha: I'll kill- Eek!

Noah makes a dark mark on her neck and continues making more.

Sasha: P-People are gonna s-see!

Noah: So? I'm marking my territory.

Sasha: T-Terri- A-Ah~!

Sasha covers her mouth when she lets out a moan after Noah licks a stripe over few of the hickies.

Noah: Heh. Like I said. I'm claiming what's mine.

Noah's phone rings and he lets out the loudest groan making Sasha chuckle.

Noah: Shut the fuck up.

He answers his phone and puts it on speaker.

Noah: Your timing couldn't have been worse, Dylan!

Dylan: Sorry, man, but y'know that government project you told me to look into? The one about that girl Ashley's dad?

Noah: Yeah, why?

Dylan: You were right. The whole thing was a set up to get those girls out of Paris. Get down here.

Noah: Do I have to?

Dylan: Noah!

Noah: Ok, ok! I'll be right there!

Noah hangs up and tosses his phone onto his and Sasha's bed.

Noah: Fucking cockblock!

Sasha laughs and Noah just gets up and starts dragging her to his car.

Sasha: Hey! Don't we need coats?

Noah: It's getting warm out.

Sasha: But-

Noah: Just hurry your ass to the car.

Sasha: Whatever you say, boss!

They hurry out to the car and Noah starts driving without even putting the location into the GPS.

Sasha: Where are we going anyway?

Noah: You'll see.

Sasha: Is it, like, private?

Noah: You could say that.

Sasha: Is it legal?

Noah: Not exactly.

Sasha: What government project?

Noah: Ok, so, I heard something about a top secret government cloning project, and I've been having people look into it.

Sasha: Is...Does this have something to do with why Katie and the girls haven't called?

Noah: Well...

Sasha: It does! What happened!?

Noah: Ok, so, y'know how Ashley hates Jade, Sapph, Ame, Pearl, and Ru?

Sasha: Yeah?

Noah: Ashley had her dad get in contact with some people and he had them use the DNA from them to clone them so it would look like everything that happens to Caleb and the guys is their fault. Basically, she was trying to run them out of Paris, and it looks like it worked.

Sasha: And you didn't tell me before!?

Noah: I...didn't want you to worry until I was absolutely sure about what was happening.

Sasha: Well, where are they!?

Noah: See, we don't know that yet.

Sasha scoffs and sits back in her seat and looks out the window to avoid looking at Noah.

Noah: Look, Meeker, I'm sorry, ok?

Noah tries to put his hand on hers, but she just rips her hand away from him and says nothing.

Noah: C'mon, Meeks, don't be like that.

She still doesn't say anything, and Noah goes quiet so she assumes he's gonna stay that way. Oh, how wrong she was.

Noah: (Sigh) I know you're mad, and you have every right to be, but you've gotta understand something. What I'm doing is in no way legal. If I get caught, everyone goes down with me. Friends, family, co-workers...everyone I love... If we get caught, everyone's going to jail. We're talking for life! Life! Not even a single chance of parole!

Sasha: You could've at least told me SOMETHING! She's my friend too, y'know!

Noah: I know, but enough people know already. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone else. I can't risk you getting locked up because of me...

Sasha gives in and interlocks her hand with Noah's.

Sasha: You're talking to the girl who had to sling for a living. If anyone knows their way around sneaky, it's me. And you're a dumbass if you didn't figure that out by now.

Noah: Yeah, that's me. The- The resident narcissistic dumbass.

Sasha: True. But your MY resident narcissistic dumbass.

Noah laughs and parks the car in the garage of the abandoned building. When they get out, a guy in bulky, protective clothing runs toward them with a bunch of files in his arms.

Noah: Yo, Dylan!

Dylan: Hey, Noah! Hey, Noah's, uhh... whatever you are to Noah!

Noah: Meeker, Dylan. Dylan, Meeker.

Dylan: Oh! Hi, Noah's fiancé!

Sasha: No.

Dylan: Wife?

Noah: Wrong again.

Dylan: Huh? With the way he talks about you, I thought-

Noah: We're not married, and we're not engaged.

Dylan: Oh. You're his girlfriend?

Noah: Yes!

Sasha: I can speak for myself, but thanks. Can I...touch most of this stuff?

Dylan: Yeah, but make sure you wear black gloves so you don't leave prints.

Sasha: Got it.

Sasha eagerly makes her way over to some interesting looking stuff and starts looking at them. Dylan drags Noah over to a table and throws down the files.

Dylan: Ok, so, bad news or good news?

Noah: Bad news.

Dylan: The bad news is that the cloning operation went well.

Noah: And the good news?

Dylan: The good news is that we've caught the imposters and are running experiments now.

Noah: Yes!

Dylan: Now, take note that the clones were made AFTER the death of Mr. Owens, so nothing can be done now.

Noah: FUCK!

Noah slams his hands down on the table and everyone looks at him concerned.

Noah: Sorry...uh, continue, Dylan.

Dylan: Well, after you told us they were missing, we tracked their phones using the multitude tracker, and...

Noah: What?

Dylan: Well...

Noah: WHAT!?

Dylan: They're on a plane heading to the U.S as we speak!

A loud explosion catches everyone off guard and everyone turns to see a broken canister that's been dropped and Sasha laying on the ground motionless.

Dylan: Shit!

Noah: Sasha!

Dylan runs to clean up the chemicals before they can spread, and Noah picks Sasha up and lays her onto a mattress that some guys dragged out.

Noah: I guess we should've been a little quieter about it. Sasha? Sasha! Can you hear me? C'mon...

Noah keeps shaking her gently until she slowly opens her eyes and looks around feeling confused.

Sasha: What the...? Where..?

She sits up rubbing her head and feels Noah shaking her.

Noah: Baby! Baby, are you ok?

Sasha takes his hands and puts his arms at his sides and looks at him weirdly.

Sasha: 1. What business do you have calling me "bAbY", weirdo? And 2. Where the hell are we!?

Noah: Do you know what month is?

Sasha: It's September...isn't it?

Noah: Meeker...it's December.

Sasha: I...don't even wanna know. Where the hell are we?

Noah starts explaining everything that's happened in the past few months, making sure to leave out the more...fabricated events as of recently. Sasha just looks around at everything and takes a few deep breaths.

Sasha: So...Katie and the girls are gone, Caleb and his brothers fucked up, I lost my memories because of some little flying beetle's magic, the girls were cloned, the guys are homeless, you're involved in an illegal ring of... whatever this is, I exploded y'all's lab, and-

Noah: Everything you're gonna say, I'm gonna confirm. Yes. A lot of yes.

Sasha: So...what now?

Noah: If I had any idea, I'd tell you. I don't know jack shit. Anyway! I've got something to show you, so let's move it!

Noah grabs her hand and drags her off to the room he has there. He slams and locks the door and shoves Sasha into a chair.

Sasha: Chill out!

He grips her by her shoulders and makes her look directly into his eyes.

Noah: You don't remember anything?

Sasha: No. Should I?

Noah: I don't know. But you're telling me you don't remember anything?

Sasha: Nope.

Noah: Like, NOTHING, nothing?

Sasha: Nothing.

Noah: Oh, thank God!

Noah lets himself fall back onto his floor, and Sasha looks down at him worriedly.

Sasha: Are you good?

Noah: I'm great! This is great! Everything's fine!

Sasha: Everything doesn't look fine.

Noah: Everything is fine, trust me.

Sasha helps Noah up and sits back down.

Sasha: So...with the whole...illegal cloning thing... You're telling me that Katie and the girls are gone, and we're stuck with no leads?

Noah takes notice of how her voice cracks and pulls her into a hug.

Noah: I wish I could tell you something- anything different. But I can't, and... I'm so sorry.

He holds Sasha when she starts crying and holds her hand. For once, she doesn't pull away. He knows it really isn't the time, but he's really happy about that.

Sasha: They're gone, Noah... They're gone...

Noah: It's ok. It's gonna be alright.

Sasha: No, it's not!

Noah: Yes, it will.

Sasha: No, it really won't!

Noah: It will, Meeker. I promise.

Sasha: You don't understand! Their mom...

Sasha drops to the ground and Noah follows holding her close and trying to calm her down.

Noah: What? What's the matter? What do you know about their mom?

Sasha: Their- Their mom's alive! She's in the U.S!

Noah: W-What?

Sasha: Katie knew. She knew and she made me promise not to say anything. Their mom left them because she said she was tired of them, and their dad...Well, you know all about him already.

Noah: Wait, so, their mom is alive?

Sasha: Yeah...

Noah: And you've been carrying this for how long?

Sasha: E-Ever since Sapphire was b-born!

Noah lifts her face to look at him and wipes the tears off her face.

Noah: That long?

Sasha: I wanted to tell someone! Anyone! B-But I promised...

Sasha turns her head and tries to avoid looking at Noah assuming that she knows what he's thinking.

Sasha: I know. I'm selfish. I'm A hypocrite. Whatever you're gonna say, say it!

He turns her head and before she can react, kisses her. But...it's not like all the other times when he just...does it. It's...real. It's...It's loving. There's no impulse. No force. Just love. That's all there is. The love that they know is there, but they refuse to admit. Well, at least, never had the guts to actually admit. They pull away, and Noah hugs her again and they just stay like that until one of them feels like speaking.

Sasha: N-Noah?

Noah: Hmm?

Sasha: I...I think- No, I do. I...I love-

Noah: I do too, Meeker.

Sasha wraps her arms around Noah and smiles into his chest.

Noah: They're gonna be ok. You and I both know this.

Sasha: I know. They've been through worse. This won't be any different.

Noah: Exactly. If it makes you feel any better, we can go visit them in the next two years. Let's give them a chance to get comfortable and settle down.

Sasha: R-Really? You mean it?

Noah: Yeah. If there's one thing we know about the Collins is that 1. They're fighters. And 2. They wouldn't want us to tell Caleb and the others where they've gone.

Sasha: I'm silent.

When she yawns, Noah picks her up and puts her in his bed. He goes to leave, but Sasha sits up and grabs his hand.

Noah: Yeah?

Sasha: You...aren't gonna stay?

Noah: I've gotta check on a few things. I'll be back, ok?

Sasha: Ok.

Sasha lets go and lays down to sleep after Noah turns out the light. He kisses her forehead before leaving to go back to the main room.

Noah: (I love her!)

Sasha: (I...love him.)

Both: (Katie and the girls are just fine.)

The night is surprisingly quiet. Nothing out of the ordinary, and when Noah goes to bed, he has...the nicest dream of him and Sasha he's had...ever. A picnic under the stars? Might have to do that sometime.

{With Caleb + his brothers}

Liam: Uncle Noah texted...

Caleb: And? What did he say?

Liam: They didn't do it... We fucked up.

He passes his phone around so everyone can look at all the stuff Noah sent them.

Caleb: Clones...

Liam: Government...

Jason: Ashley's dad...

They all sit around their new apartment reflecting on everything thinking one thing.

Everyone: (We fucked up so bad...)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 1.1K 20
It's the first day of the new school year at Françoise Dupont High School in Paris. Marinette is positive that this year will be the best it has been...
6.8K 206 34
Another book made for you cause Plagg needs more cheese. This is the second book of What-if Miraculous Series. Marinette thought that her friends are...
Forget By Annah

Fanfiction

142K 2.5K 25
It had been a period over a month now, and Lila has caused Marinette to have her friends be turned against her. Marinette has been successfully akuma...
2.6K 36 7
Marinette has been hated, disgusted by, and isolated from her very own "friends". Finally, she falls to one of Hawk Moth's akumas. Although she's q...