The English Teacher /Chanlix/

By freckledsunshinee

«By the way Felix» Seungmin turned towards him «Why didn't you drop out and why's your name all over the clas... More

Introduction~~
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-Chapter 38-
-Chapter 39-
-Chapter 40-
-Chapter 42-
-Chapter 43-
-Chapter 44-
-Chapter 45-
-Chapter 46-
-Chapter 47-
-Chapter 48-
-Chapter 49-
-Chapter 50-
-Chapter 51-
-Chapter 52-
Afterword ;3
-Bonus Chapter-

-Chapter 41-

976 43 27
By freckledsunshinee

«Channie!» Felix laughed joyfully as he skipped towards Chan in a child-like manner that was too endearing for the latter's own good.

He was dressed up to the nines, in Felix's style however, meaning that he was sporting a hue-of-blue button-up with puffed sleeves, with basically all the buttons undone because of the heat, tucked into a pair of high-waisted white shorts that reached a bit up his knees, his always-present white Nike Air Force at his feet. Around his neck he had a pearls necklace that sparkled under the early afternoon's sunlight, almost rivaling the brightness that the boy's smile was, and from his ears a pair of long earrings dangled down. Opposing to that, Chan, obviously, was wearing sporty black, tank top and gym shorts. However, style didn't matter anymore as Felix got closer.

«Hey Lix» the man greeted him, taking him into his arms «How are you?»

The blond only giggled, snuggling his face into Chan's chest before lifting it up and placing a kiss right on the other's lips, in public. Chan's ears combusted.

«Chick we're in public what are you doing?!» he hissed after some seconds of pure astonishment, no real bite into his words.

«Who cares, we're not in Korea, it's not like someone relevant knows us» Felix beamed.

At that display of happiness and freckles, whatever complaint Chan had flew out of the window and he leaned down, reciprocating with a quick peck that brought another blinding smile on the blond's lips.

«Happiness looks so good on you Lix» he stated, smiling as well.

«Mmmh...» the other mumbled, sliding his hand into Chan's one «It's 'cause for once we can be together without caring about prying eyes»

The man's heart made a weird flip at that, a pleasant one. His boy was definitely right.

They had finally been able to meet up, even if Chan had been in Sydney already for a few days. They had both been busy with their things, friends and family and Christmas celebrations, but, as always, the separation only seemed to make the reunion sweeter. As much as they would have loved to spend some time alone to catch up and share loving kisses, that day they hadn't met up for a date. They were going to go somewhere together, but it couldn't be called a dare, since they were going to meet some important people.

«Shall we go?» he asked, starting to pull Felix in a certain direction.

«If I have to be honest, I'm scared shitless, but fine» the blond complied, easily falling into steps with him.

«They'll love you» Chan reassured him and, really, he seemed fairly sure about it.

❏❏❏❏

The house was clean white, standing in a very nice and open area, the kind that made people question if it really was part of a big city, much like Felix's neighborhood, and it was quite big, or so it seemed. Felix was fairly scared, so probably he wasn't that good of a judger at that moment. Rationally, he knew he had nothing to dread, even just by considering the man that was standing at his side, but those kinds of things were intimidating by default. With a smile and a comforting hand on his lower back, Chan invited him to move forward, to the front door. The man didn't even knock, it was his family's house after all, just straight up opened the massive wooden door with a spare key. As soon as he did so, a white and brown tornado jumped on him, barking loudly.

«Berry! Hi Berry! Hi! Who's the prettiest? You Berry! Hi princess!»

For a moment, Felix didn't manage to understand who was talking, because the voice was so childish and high-pitched that not even in a million years it could have belonged to Chan.

It did.

Chan seemed to realize that as well what he had done and, from over the moon, his expression shifted to a plain one, putting the dog back down.

«Don't say a word» he admonished the boy, who was trying hard to contain a mocking snicker, anxiety forgotten.

«Chan, is that you?» a woman's voice, probably Chan's mother's, resonated from further into the house.

At that, Felix tensed up, suddenly remembering why he was there, and all the playfulness faded in an instant, anxiety back at full force. Chan placed again a hand on his lower back, trying to soothe him.

«Yeah, it's me» he then shouted «I've brought a guest» he announced, smirking down at the boy.

«Oh finally!» the blond heard right before a woman walked into the hall.

She was quite short, middle-aged but still pleasant, with stunning brunette hair, much like Chan's one, and gentle brown eyes. Safe to say, she was definitely the man's mother.

«Hi there!» she greeted the boy, coming forward «It feels like I've been waiting to meet you for years... gosh, you're so handsome, Channie wasn't lying!» she exclaimed, switching between the two languages exactly like Chan did at times.

Felix blushed in split a second «Ah... it's really a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Bang, I'm Felix» he greeted, deciding to settle on Korean.

«Oh, trust me, I know well» she laughed «Since he's got home, and even before I must add, Chan does nothing but talk lovingly about you, his siblings have gotten so tired that they started avoiding him. We would want to know something about his school, the kids he teaches and all, but no sir, everything he speaks about is "Felix here" and "Felix there" and "Felix's smile brings down the sun into the room"»

«Mum that's not true!» Chan whined, ears red.

At that, the blond couldn't help himself but let out a low chuckle, albeit being slightly embarrassed by the information.

«Come on in dear» the woman smiled «Everyone is eager to meet you»

With Chan's hand guiding and steadying him, he followed her through the hall and into the living room, where the rest of the family was waiting for them. As the three made their entrance, they all turned towards them, their eyes lingering on Chan just for a moment before fully focusing on Felix, like he was some kind of curious artwork.

«Hello» he bowed immediately «It's a great pleasure to meet you all»

«Well now I can see why Chan-hyung made all that fuss» Chan's sister, probably, spoke up after a few seconds of astonished silence.

At that, the man let out a strangled sound, ears turning even redder, but the girl didn't even give him the time to protest.

«Hannah by the way, nice to meet you» she went on, holding a hand out «I suppose you're older than me, oppa»

The blond almost leaped forward to shake it «Felix» he smiled «And don't worry about the honorific»

He had lived years in Korea, but still he couldn't get adapted to people calling him "hyung" or, even worse, "oppa", it made his skin crawl, for some reason.

«Oh, I know» she sighed, sounding worn out like her mother, eyeing Chan.

«Cut it out» the latter hissed, admonishing her, before she could sell him out like his mother.

«Channie stop it» Felix whispered instead, tugging the other's side «It's fine, it's not their fault if you're so cutely smitten» he smirked, teasing to ease the tension.

«You little... menace» the man hissed jokingly, turning towards him.

«But you do like me for that» the blond placed his hands on his hips, leaning in towards the man.

«Can't say I don't» Chan lowered himself as well «And if you go on, I'll gladly show you how much»

Chan's father cleared his throat, busting their bubble and getting their focus back into the living room, instead of one another. Felix blushed instantly, ashamed of his behavior and afraid of having made a mess or a bad impression, while Chan simply cleared his own throat, looking away as his ears couldn't possibly get redder.

«Get a room» the boy, who was clearly Chan's brother since they were basically identical, voiced for everyone.

«Possibly not in this house» his sister went on.

«Hannah» Chan grumbled, pissed.

«Enough» Chan's father stepped in, shutting everyone up with a calm tone «I'm delighted to finally meet you, Felix»

«I as well sir, very much» the boy was quick at replying, bowing.

The older man nodded «Have a seat, my wife has prepared a little afternoon brunch for us to get together»

Smiling and bowing again, Felix sat on the empty couch, Chan sliding beside him, immediately resting a hand on his exposed knee, making him shiver slightly. The boy tried to nudge his had away, but the man gave him a light squeeze and a smirk, somehow managing to send the butterflies already present in his stomach in overdrive.

«Lucas!» Chan's mother exclaimed while sitting down near her husband on two plastic chairs, interrupting their moment «Did you even introduce yourself properly?!»

«Sorry» the teenager apologized immediately, hands freezing over the piece of cake he had tried to grab «Hi, I'm Lucas, Chan told me you're a gamer as well, what do you play?»

At that question, Felix shot a glance in Chan's direction, who nodded slightly and sweetly caressed his lower thigh, inviting him to reply freely.

«I- uh... I play Apex, Valorant, League, Genshin and Asphalt mostly» he listed, sounding slightly hesitant.

«Cool, I play Valorant and League as well» the other nodded at the blond, who felt like he had just passed with top marks some kind of test to enter into Lucas' graces.

«Great, seems like you already have something in common, isn't it good?» Chan's mother chirped in.

«It is» Felix confirmed easily, smiling.

«Well, let's dig in then, shall we?»

Thanks to the delicious snacks that she had prepared, a few minutes later the atmosphere was already much more relaxed, or perhaps it was Chan's fingers that occasionally brushed over Felix's thigh, and knee, and lower back, and hair, and, well, everywhere he could without being indecent, that helped him soothe his nervousness. The blond ended up talking way more than what he managed to eat, getting to munch something mostly only thanks to Chan, who at times answered questions for him, but he enjoyed it very much. Chan's family was a pleasant and loving one, of course a little prying due to the situation, but much to his relief, Felix felt like they were getting along just fine if not even well.

«So» Chan's mother spoke up at some point «You're in your last year of high school, right?»

«Yeah!» Felix smiled «I'm a bit young, that's true, but-» he tried to argue, sensing what topic was coming.

«Oh no, I didn't mean it for the age gap, Chan's just a big baby so you might as well be more mature than him» the woman immediately stopped him, a reassuring smile on her lips.

«Hey!» the man protested, frowning.

«So the fact that you're young doesn't matter to us» she went on, ignoring her son «I was just wondering if you've chosen your career already»

«Oh» Felix blushed slightly, taken aback.

He had already known it, from the way that Chan had spoken about them, but they really were open and welcoming, they clearly just wanted what was best for their kids, encouraging them to go their way and be happy. The blond, somehow, already felt loved, even if it had only been an hour top since he had met them, the whole atmosphere itself was soothingly warm.

«I'm not sure yet to be honest» he answered then «As I told you, I am a dancer, but I'm not sure I want to dance as a full-time job, so I'll probably minor it in university... as for the major, I'm still pretty unsure as well, I'll just see what will be better for me, I guess»

«It's really important to do something that you like and that you know you'll like for a long time, it makes your life easier, somehow» Chan's father smiled kindly «I mean, it's not always easy, my Chan here has struggled a lot with music and still is, but we all know that someday he'll make it, because it's in his blood and we all know he loves it like the air he breathes»

Again, Chan's ears were bright red, a shy smile on his lips «Well, things are starting to move forward, Felix's friend, Jisung, is now producing with me and Changbin and we're really trying to put it out there for real, not just some small gigs as I do regularly, but... we'll see»

«I'm glad 'Sungie is helping» Felix said, ruffling the back of Chan's head, happy to hear that they were really trying.

«He is a pain in the ass though sometimes, a bit like you» Chan admitted, bopping his freckled nose «Now I understand why they call you "Twins"»

«I am not a pain in the ass Christopher, how dare you» the blond protested.

«Aren't you now?» the man teased, a smirk on his lips.

«No, they call us Twins cuz we're born less than twenty-four hour apart, Jisung is the annoying twin, I am the lovable one, don't y'all always say that I'm an angel?»

«Do we now?»

«Channie you're getting in trouble here, lemme tell you» Felix threatened.

«Oh really? What are you going to do chick?» Chan leaned in towards him, challengingly.

«You know damn well»

A laugh busted their bubble, making them jump in their places, blushing immediately.

«My God, you two are so cute» Chan's mother chuckled some more, making everyone smile «Reminds me of the old times, don't you agree honey?»

«It really does» his father agreed «How did you two meet? You still haven't told»

Felix and Chan shared a quick, knowing, glance. They had rehearsed the story well enough to be prepared for this moment and the blond was confident in their poker face. It wasn't like they could tell the real version, even if it was Chan's parents, so, albeit sadly, they had to lie.

«Actually, we met at my modeling agency» Chan affirmed, smiling towards the boy «Bumped into each other at the front desk, you know, there was no one behind it at that moment, so I started a conversation and heard that he had some kind of accent. As we were making small talk over Australia, someone came and asked what he was doing there, so, since we both had our business to attend to, I just gave him my card with my number on it and we parted»

«We did text a bit» Felix went on «But in the end we were both very busy and had our lives and I didn't end up modeling, as it had just been a childish challenge from my friends. Then summer came around and we managed to meet and, well, the rest is history, I guess»

«No, wait, now I'm hooked, you have to continue» Hannah complained, shifting towards the blond «Come on, tell me more»

«I'd rather not hear anything more» Lucas whined, fearing intimate stories.

Felix giggled at that «There's really nothing more to it, we're just...» he frantically searched for the right word.

«Hanging out» Chan completed for him, caressing his thigh in a reassuring way.

«"Hanging out"?» Hannah quirked an eyebrow «What do you mean just "hanging out"

«Hannah» her mother reprimanded her, looking like she knew better «Let them be»

The girl mumbled something under her breath that suspiciously sounded like "so oblivious I swear", but didn't comment any further. Felix's ears, somehow, were growing dangerously red. He wasn't ashamed of not having put a label on whatever they were, they knew they liked each other and that was enough, but he also didn't want other people, especially Chan's family, to think that they were just fucking around or something like that. They had been at some point, that was right, but they were way past that and that period, they had agreed on it, was going to stay between them and the people that already knew about it, meaning Jisung, Minho and Changbin. Felix was sure that, sooner or later, they were going to decide on some kind of label, but they couldn't go out with it just to satisfy Chan's family.

After that, it all proceeded smoothly, the conversations eventually dying up as the evening approached. Around seven, Chan's mother stood up, announcing that she was going to start preparing dinner and declaring that Felix had to stay and eat with them, leaving no room for argumentation. Chan laughed at his mother's tone and got up from the couch, stretching a bit and revealing his lower abdomen as the shirt was lifted up, followed by the blond. Chan's siblings dispersed as well, while his father went out to buy some food as his mother had instructed him.

«Come chick, I'll show you around» Chan smiled softly and, with a hand resting on the small of his back, guided him, Berry at their heels.

He showed him the ground floor, as well as the wide backyard where Hannah and Lucas were arranging some tables and chairs. Felix tried to ask if he could help, not wanting to indulge too much in their kindness, but Chan simply scooted him away, leading him up the stairs. Out of all the bedrooms, he only showed his one, which was a bit... odd, like two people lived in it, instead of one.

«Well, technically it is my room, but when I moved to Korea Lucas started using it and now, when I come back, I use the guest room, so I guess it can be called mine only because of all those medals and photos» he explained, scratching the back of his neck.

Amazed by the number of shimmering prizes, Felix crouched down in front of them, finding out that most of them were from swimming competitions, and important ones at that.

«I didn't know you used to swim at this level» the blond said, looking at the colorful ribbons.

«Ah, well... it feels like another life, you know» Chan sat down beside him «I know I won them back in the days, but it's so far in the past and it belongs to such a different lifestyle from the one I'm conducting right now that, I don't know, it just doesn't feel like that's me anymore. It's a different Chan, Christopher you could say, the one that stayed instead of pursuing a meaningless dream» his voice almost sounded sad and, if not, very tired and with a note of bittersweetness in it.

The boy felt it, felt the crushing weight of not knowing what do to with life, what your place is in the world, but feeling it from Chan... he didn't even know it was possible. Chan was so... Chan. Was so kind and proud and confident and gentle and selfless. He didn't want to hear Chan speak about his dream in such a defeated tone or about how his life would have been had he not taken a plane to Korea any longer.

«Hey» Felix turned towards him, sitting down as well and placing a hand right above his heart «I think you straying was the best thing that could have happened. Channie, you literally breathe music, it's an extension of yourself, staying here would have meant never spreading your wings, never finding people that helped you spread your wings, that became your wings. Your dream isn't meaningless, it never was. Listen, I don't know the whole story and I don't care if you didn't make it back then as a soloist, to me it just means it wasn't the time, it wasn't the right path for you. Look at what you found after that! You found beauty in other things, producing and selling your work alone, teaching. You met Changbin and then Jisung and you've formed your little group all on your own, a group that it's going places, because I just know it, because you said it yourself some hours ago, as well as your dad, because, heck, Hongjoong, the leader of fucking Ateez, said so as well. And... well, it might sound selfish and arrogant and whatever, but... you found me and... and I'd like to think I also made your life a bit better. But this isn't about me, what I'm trying to say is that your dream isn't meaningless, never ever think again about the fact that flying to Korea was a bad decision. You just gotta wait a bit more, things will come around Channie, I just know it and you wanna know why? Because you deserve it, dummy» the boy beamed, even though he could see tears prickling in the corner of the other's eyes «Your dream will become reality, I swear, so please, never lose your confidence, nor faith, alright?»

Chan sniffled loudly, averting Felix's gaze, however his lips quivered in a smile and, when he finally turned towards the blond, his dimples were on full display. His eyes were slightly red, but he seemed to have gotten the boy's point and having made his mind up, confidence coming back.

«Alright Lix» he declared, then stretched out a hand, folding all of his fingers except for his pinky «Pinky promise» he affirmed.

«Pinky promise» Felix agreed, locking his own pinky with the other's and swinging their hands around.

Chan smiled softly at him and leaned in for a kiss, to which the other eagerly complied. The moment, however, was broken soon by the man's mother screaming from the kitchen:

«If you two are done looking at Channie's medals, you can come down and help if you'd like, dinner will be ready shortly»

Chan snorted and parted away from Felix, rolling his eyes «Coming!» he shouted back.

Then, a smile still on his lips, he nuzzled his nose with the boy's freckled one, earning a joyful giggle, and left him a kiss on the cheek.

«What would I do without you?»

«Live» the blond replied, looking at him right in the eyes.

«Survive» Chan corrected him, kissing his forehead lightly.

Felix didn't argue any longer.

❏❏❏❏

«Oh, here you are, I was starting to think you were never going to come down» Chan's mother commented as they entered the kitchen.

«It's been like three minutes mum» Chan complained, stealing a bit of a side dish.

«Long enough... Chan stop eating before dinner! Go help in the backyard!» she scolded him.

«Yes ma'am!» he exclaimed, rushing out.

Felix tried to follow him out, but the woman stopped him «Stay with me dear, help me finish here, I'm sure you're way better at cooking than Chan there»

«I... I get by» the blond smiled shyly.

She laughed «Sure... come here, I don't bite»

Felix settled at her side and helped her as much as he could, occasionally stealing glances at the backyard, where Chan and his siblings were yelling playfully at each other. The man also checked on him at times, smiling reassuringly whenever their eyes met. It all was so peaceful and quiet that the boy thought he was going to get used to it very easily and that he was surely going to long it once back in Seoul, like everything else that belonged to his homeland.

Something, however, was slightly bothering that quietness. Not exactly bothering per se, more like making him antsy and his heart flutter. Chan's last words upstairs, especially "survive", were floating into his mind and he was unable to refrain his thoughts from swinging towards them. They were making him feel... uneasy, yet not in a bad way, more like something he could not decipher, but that he knew was a nice thing. Chan meant and thought deeply about every single word that escaped his mouth, so he had known perfectly what he had been conveying and Felix knew as well, he did, or, at least, he thought he did, because the concept of that uneasiness being something way more deep was rather overwhelming, albeit achingly true. He didn't want to ponder it any longer, but his mind wasn't letting him in peace, so he did the only thing he could: focus only on the sound of Chan's mother's voice and Chan's eyes that occasionally lingered on him. Everything else was going to be FutureFelix's problem, if it could have been called a problem.

Finally, after some time, dinner was ready and the two of them made their way outside, carrying trays and pots. Felix carefully placed everything on the tables, splitting equally, and then sat at Chan's side, the latter giving him a kiss on the temple and quietly asking how it had gone in the kitchen.

«It was awesome, your mum is really sweet» the blond replied in the same way, looking up adoringly at the other.

«I'm glad» Chan smiled, ruffling his hair a bit.

«Come on lovebirds, dinner's here» Chan's father addressed them, a hint of a joke in his voice.

Felix's cheeks, for the umpteenth time that day, became red, ashamed of falling yet again in their quiet bubble without noticing, while Chan just laughed it off, albeit having flushed ears as well. His family, however, seemed to find it endearing, so they both stopped caring easily.

Dinner was amazing. Apart from the food, which was delicious to say the least, the atmosphere itself was heartwarming: everyone was making little and funny jokes, sharing embarrassing stories about Chan as a kid, laughing loudly and treating Felix like they had already known him for a long time and not met him just that early afternoon. Safe to say, the blond felt like he was at home.

❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏

Author's note

⟢➣ Hi hiii!
Hope y'all are doing well and that you enjoyed the chapter! Next one is going to be long long, as most of the ones in this arc, but hopefully you're really going to love it! You'll probably scream a bit too, because it gets worse before it gets better (their denial, ofc) ;>
See you <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 8.5K 41
Felix is an omega with a young son, looking for stability in life, wherever it may come from. He works as a kindergarten teacher. His son becomes fon...
24.7K 941 23
Han jisung was a boy who had many struggles. His family never wanted a boy they always hoped for a girl and when they found out that their child was...
20.3K 947 15
When the two best friends keep whispering in the others ear, something was bound to happen. "I might have a whispering kink, no joke." high school au...
335K 14.6K 46
"I'm not saying that you will. I said "Even a straight guy." I don't certainly say that it's you. And, are you for real? Even a no-homo daddy, you wo...