Stealthily, Your Highness ||...

By ArmyLovesPurple

Book #1 of the Eternal Bonds series. [ ᎿᎻᎬ ᎷᎨᎠᎠᏝᎬ ᎬᎯᏕᎿ] ___ She had everything - except for what she desired... More

-: Prologue :-
-: Author's Note :-
-: Introduction & Achievements :-
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter One

216 51 17
By ArmyLovesPurple

"Another robbery, Your Majesty!" A knight came in running and panting inside the throne room. He immediately bowed low before his King, not daring to forget etiquette in front of the most influential people of the Kingdom.

"...and?" the King looked up from the pile of papers around him and asked slowly, fixing his attention on the person before him. It was the Knight Commander.

"We lost him again, your Highness..." He said, ashamed of the words that came out of his own mouth.

The main advisor and the Prime minister looked at the King with a worried expression, who just let out a defeated sighed and closed his eyes. He flicked his hands, indicating everyone to leave.

But... you stayed.

You walked towards him silently and stood behind his back. Your hands slowly went up to his shoulders, gently massaging them. Only you could see the amount of burden on them.

"Everything will be alright, father..." You said in a calm tone, trying to soothe him.

You always tried to lessen the pressure he was under, and did your best to help him. You tried to be the mental and physical support that he needed. But that wasn't enough. Because the one beside him had always been mother. But she left, forever.

"How will anything be alright? It's all going downhill. I'm getting older day by day, but these robberies aren't stopping. Even our soldiers are now tired of them. On top of that, your mother..." he trailed off at the end. But he did not need to complete his sentence. You knew just how much he was hurt at the death of your mother.

And he had every reason to be.

She was his Soulmate, afterall.

He was very lucky that the person he was supposed to marry turned out to be his Soulmate. But of course, not everyone can be as fortune as him.

"Father, I think you should take some rest. You're really tired..." you said.

"How can I take rest when my people are suffering? When they are in misery? The thought that I live in a castle while there are people who sleep on the streets... will not let me take rest."

A long silence fell in the room. Your hands were slowly massaging his scalp, moving up and down carefully to not pull his hair. But they abruptly stopped moving as you thought about asking your father about a certain topic. Again.

"Father, I think I'm old enough now. Ever since my childhood I've seen you run this kingdom with outmost loyalty. You should take rest now and leave the Agrabah to me. I'll take care of it just like you do."

"Yasmin..."

"No, father. I'll not give my precious Agrabah to any careless prince. They've not lived here like I have. They will never love it and take care of it like I will."

"You know my answer."

"Father, won't you atleast give me one chance? I'll prove to you that I can be the Sultana-"

"How many times have I told you the same thing? You will not become the sultana! (Queen)"

"But-"

"No means no, you must understand that! It's the duty of a prince to rule and the princess to marry."

He said and stood up to leave, painfully aware of the fact that there were tears pricking his daughter's beautiful eyes.

~

The noise of metal clashing was the only sound to be heard in the otherwise silent chamber.

Two people stood in the centre of the room, facing eachother and having a firm grip on the swords they held. One of them wore red clothes, while the other was clad in black - each having tied a cloth around their faces which just left their eyes uncovered.

Slowly, they moved towards eachother and the person in black raised his sword, deciding to attack first. The figure in red swiftly blocked the sword with his own and pushed it towards the man in black which sent him stumbling back a few steps.

Taking advantage of this moment, the figure in red swung his sword towards him. His opponent, who just regained his balanced, saw the sword coming and immediately bent sideways. Had he been a second late, the sword would have slashed his chest.

The figure in black regained his composition and began attacking his rival with quick movements. But the other person was not at all troubled by this and gave an equally strong response.

The figure in black dodged the attacks to the best of his ability, and then, having found a chance to deliver a blow, he struck with all his might. But the figure in red blocked it with its sword and then used her left leg to kick the man away from her. The stumbled with this unexpected attack and dropped his sword.

The match ended with the red figure succeeding in disarming the opponent.

"You're good, but could've done better. Now you're free to go." the red-figure said and the man in black, who turned out to be actually a knight, bowed and left the room.

The figure in red slowly lifted a hand and opened the mask on her face.

It was you, the princess.

You sat down on the ground as a sigh escaped her mouth. Even in your childhood, swords and fighting seemed far more interesting to you than playing with dolls.

Your father realised this when you were eight, and let you learn fighting. Now, ten years later, you are a highly skilled warrior. Undefeatable in the use of swords, daggers, spears and bow-arrow... And also the best in hand-to-hand combat.

Your father always let you sit beside him when he handled the court matters. You learnt from him to be kind and loyal to all the people, you learnt from him about how to manage a kingdom.

Then why can't he understand your wish to be a sultana? (queen)

All the princes either want to marry you because of your beauty or because of the rich kingdom that they'll get. Or both.

You know that this kingdom will ruined if it gets into the hands of those arrogant and stupid princes. They do not know the importance of it for all the people, for you.

For them, Agrabah is simply a method to seize large amounts of money in the form of taxes and become even more rich.

Also the fact that you don't want to marry someone you do not know.

It's about your whole life...

You want to spend it with someone who will care for you, laugh for you and cry for you.

Someone who will love you.

Someone who's your soulmate.

Unconsciously tears started flowing from your eyes at the thought that you will never receive a chance to find your soulmate. Why? Because it's forbidden for princesses to leave the palace, unless they're in a big carriage with more than twenty guards surrounding it. How is it possible to meet your soulmate?

Suddenly, you felt two hands on your face, slowly wiping the tears that came out. You raised your head to see your father's face in front of you. You were so caught up in your own thoughts that you did not notice him silently entering the chamber.

"My daughter..." he said and wrapped his arms around you, embracing you in a warm hug.

"Father... I-" you tried to speak and wipe your tears but he stopped you.

"No, my daughter... Never in my life I've ever wanted you to cry, but when you finally did, the reason for it is me..."

"No, no! It's not like that, I just-"

"I always think about you being a Sultana (queen). But... You're a princess... And it is the rule that when a kingdom has no son, the husband of the princess will become the ruler. On top of that, you're my precious daughter... What if you get hurt...?"

"Father, you raised me to be a warrior, and a warrior is not afraid of wounds."

"I'm not talking about physical wounds, my child... Never in history has a woman become a ruler. People are bound to criticize and oppose you. They'll disobey your rules and try their best to make you step down the throne..."

"I'll prove it to them father, I'll show them that a woman is just as capable as a man. After all, a man given birth by a woman. No matter how much they'll criticize, all my actions will be for their welfare. I'll be strong and I'll thrive," you said raising your head and looked at him with confidence.

Your father smiled.

"You have cleared you first test..." he said making you look him with a confused expression.

"This was my first test to you. A ruler must be brave and just to his people."

You smiled as well, and soon asked, "You said that this was my first test. Does that mean there are more tests?"

"Yes. One more test, which will tell if you are capable to be a Sultana or not."

"Which is?"

"Find out everything about that thief - their identity, their life stories, their families and most importantly, the reason they rob. You will get a time of three months. Collect all the information, and then at the last day of the third month, bring him to the palace. I'm giving this case to you. During those three months, you are allowed to go in and out of the palace, as you wish. But only on two conditions."

"What?" you asked, you were listening attentively to him, but the last part left you in doubt. What conditions can he possibly give?

"First of all, you will not get any assistance. No one is allowed to help you - no ministers, no soldiers and no servants. You are on your own. You're a warrior, you say? Then you must survive. And second, no one shall know that you are a princess. You will be just a normal girl and carry out your mission in secret. Do you accept these conditions?"

"Yes, father." you said and jumped up with joy inwardly. These are the most easiest conditions ever! Father just gave you what you wanted. Freedom.

And your mission?

You'll not stop unless you complete it.

。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚+。

Hi~

Well, if you don't know me, I'm Rose (not the blackpink Rosé, my mother named me after watching Titanic😭)

Nvm.

This was the first chapter, and I hope you liked it. The name of the female lead, out princess, is Yasmin. However you can imagine it as you like!

And also, let me know if it seemed as if my writing felt fast/rushed.

If you have any doubts or questions, write them in the comments and I'll try to answer them.

If you find that the Urdu words used are wrong, let me know.

Ok, i'mma shut up and go now-

Byee~
BORAHAE💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1.5K 17
[ 🏆 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃] [BTS OT7 Hurtfic} The members are forced to accept an 8th member into the group. This new member will now be their bandmate...
849 53 6
This is Book four in my soulmate series. I recommend to read first "With The First Kiss" and follow it up with "Fake Love" followed by "Saranghae" be...
702K 32.4K 122
In the world of soulmates, perhaps Daun is the only one who does not expect for any soulmate to come. She doesn't have the soul marks that everyone s...
118K 4.3K 27
in which two artists realize their lives are more intertwined than they ever thought was possible. *book three in the 'eternally yours' series! ~ eli...