Loving Me Back

By genevieve_halt

Ella Mae has had a crush on her childhood best friend, Aaron Kade, from since she can remember. Aaron happene... More

Ch. 1- Intro
Ch. 2- Exciting News
Chapter 3- Andrew
Chapter 4- Spin the Bottle
Chapter 5- Movie Marathon
Chapter 6- Coach
Chapter 7- First Game of the Season
Chapter 8- Number
Chapter 9- Competition Day
Chapter 10- Barbecue and Walks
Chapter 11- Deep Talks at In N Out
Chapter 12- First Date
Chapter 13- Ferris Wheels
Chapter 14- Diner After Games
Chapter 15- Rushed
Chapter 16- He Sucks
Chapter 17- Baking Cupcakes
Chapter 18- Sprained Arm and Parties
Chapter 19- Bonfire
Chapter 20- Final Chapter
Chapter 21 - Aaron's Pov

Bonus Chapter

15.3K 184 60
By genevieve_halt

Author's Note: I know this is a little late to add, but here is a bonus chapter of Aaron and Ella's relationship! 

"Good choice on the movie, Aaron." I say, from the front seat of his car. Aaron decided to take me  to a drive in tonight for our date. 

"What can I say, I'm amazing." He says, grinning. 

"Let's not go that far." I reply with a chuckle. I suddenly hear a buzz coming from my phone so I check it to see that I got a text. 

Katie:

Did he ask you yet???

Me:

Nope. What if he isn't into the whole prom thing?

This whole week, Katie has been convincing me that Aaron is going to ask me to the prom that is coming up, but I doubt it. If he were to have asked me, he would have already. The prom is in like five days. 

I look over to Aaron from the driver's seat, studying his features. His eyes are glued to the movie in front of him. The second I face the screen, I can feel his eyes on me. My eyes are focused on his hand. I start moving my hand closer to his, hoping he will read the signs. He starts moving his hand closer to mine and eventually, he interlocks our fingers. I look up at him with a smile and he smiles too, showcasing his dimples. He is so dreamy.. He then leans in and connects our lips. 

"Hey uh, I wanted to ask you about something.." He begins, fidgeting with his hands. 

"Yeah?" I ask. 

"Well since the prom is uh coming up, I was wondering If you wanted to go with me? I wasn't sure if you would be into that type of thing so if not, we could do something else." He says. My heart melts at that. Aw, he was going to ask me this whole time. 

"I would love to." I say before resting my head on his shoulder. 

"Well we're going to have to tell Leo soon then because when he sees us walking into prom together, it will be obvious." Aaron says. Shit, I forgot about that. Aaron and I decided not to tell Leo about us dating yet until we went out on a few more dates. But with the prom and everything, there is no escaping it. 

"Yeah, well we could tell him at school the next day." I suggest. 

"Ugh I have to say, I was kind of enjoying our secret relationship. Even if it was only secret to a couple people." He says. 

"I agree." 

--------------------------

"Alright, are you ready to do this?" I ask Aaron, taking a deep breath. 

"No but we have to." He responds. We walk to our usual lunch table together, seeing that Leo is already there, sitting down next to Katie. 

I sit down and Aaron sits down right next to me. Katie and Leo stop their laughter as they look up at us. It's dead silent for a second before Leo starts talking. 

"Uh what the hell is going on?" He asks, confused. 

"I'm wondering the same thing." Katie adds. I look over to Aaron before I start speaking. 

"Hey uh, we have um something to tell you." I say to Leo. He continues staring at me, confused. 

"Oh God, what is it?" I'm about to respond when the words just don't come out. Why do I have to be the person that breaks the news? What if he gets mad?

"I actually think that Aaron wanted to say it." Aaron whips his head to me, shooting me daggers with his eyes. 

"Uh well we wanted to let you know that we're um- dating." Aaron blurts out. I look at Leo anticipating his reaction. Katie stays dead silent because she already knows. Instead of looking shocked, Leo does something I would have never expected in a million years. He starts laughing. 

"Uh-" I begin. 

"Oh please, do you guys think I'm stupid or something? I already knew that. Everyone knows. It's quite obvious when you guys are constantly looking at each other's lips, having whispered conversations by each other's lockers, and holding hands secretly under the lunch table." My eyes widen in response. I had no idea he knew. 

"Oh and Aaron, that one time you tried to kick Ella's leg under the table, repeatedly... it was mine you kicked." 

"You knew this whole time?" Aaron asks, shocked. 

"Yes, duh. And I'm assuming you guys are going to prom together?" Leo asks.

"Yeah." Aaron and I both respond at the same time. 

"Hey guys!" Mackenzie and Bella exclaim as they take a seat at the table. 

"Something definitely just went down." Bella comments, looking around at all of us. 

"Just Aaron and Ella thinking they were being all undercover about their relationship when in reality, everyone knew." Katie laughs and soon enough, Leo joins in. 

"At least Ella and I don't make out every chance we get." Aaron says. Leo and Katie are constantly kissing. Even in public. 

"Yeah, public PDA is just gross." I say. 

"You guys are just jealous that we don't care where we show our affection." Leo shrugs. I make a fake gaging noise in response. 

-------------------------------------------

The day of prom.....

"Ella stop that dress was made for you!" Mackenize exclaims. I just finished getting on my dress for prom. My makeup and hair is all done as well. I ended up getting my hair curled. I am wearing a navy blue dress that Katie picked out:

"Aww thanks. You guys all look so gorgeous." I say to Mackenzie, Bella and Katie. I hear the doorbell ring and my heart starts racing. The guys must be here now...

"Ella, the guys are here!" My mom calls from downstairs. 

"Ahhh." Katie shouts. 

I walk downstairs and see Aaron standing at the bottom by the front door, in mid conversation with Leo and the guys that Bella and Kenzie brought as dates. I also see everyone's parents standing down there as well, phones in hand. Leo taps Aaron's shoulder to get his attention. Aaron shifts his eyes to the stairs and makes eye contact with me. He gives me a very slow up and down look, taking in all of my features. His eyes don't shift off of me at all. He is wearing a navy blue suit to match my dress. 

"Ella- I- you look absolutely beautiful." He tells me. I see a hint of red in his cheeks. My heart melts at his statement. He puts the corsage on my wrist and pulls me into him, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. 

"Alright you two, photo time." My mom says. Mrs. Kade gets her professional camera out as she starts taking some photos. 

After MANY photos later, we finally arrive at prom. We enter the gym, hearing the music play over the speakers. Aaron and I's hands are interlocked. Once Aaron enters, people shift their eyes towards us. I see one girl tap her friend and point over to our direction. 

"Lets get this party started!" Katie cheers, running into the gym with Leo. We follow them in response. I spot Andrew, staring at me. He is sitting down at a table alone. The look in his eyes when he sees Aaron and I holding hands, gives me total satisfaction. 

It isn't long before the slow dance starts. This is what I feared the most because I am not the best when it comes to dancing. Once, "Perfect" by Ed Sheered starts playing, couples arrive on the dance floor. 

"Shall we?" Aaron asks, grabbing my hand and leading me onto the dance floor. I wrap my arms around his neck as he places his hands on my waist. We start swaying to the music. I couldn't be happier. 

"I was thinking about it and I was never going to end up with Andrew. It was always going to be you." I tell him, laying my head on his chest. 

"I don't think either of us expected this. But I wouldn't change it for the world." He replies. 

"I love you so much." I say. 

"I love you too." I continue standing there, dancing to the music with Aaron. I wouldn't want to be here with anyone else. 

"Ella May, I am head over heels for you." Aaron says. I look up at him and place my lips against his. I guess in a way I should be thanking Andrew, because he helped lead me to Aaron...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722K 14.9K 62
It's Sierra's first day as a senior at Donvalley high. She wants her last year to be amazing and troublesome free. No fake friends. No trouble and ce...
22.4K 410 27
All Sophia ever wanted was for Ashton Maverick to notice her. But he was best friends with her older brother, Patrick, and a hockey star. There was n...
21.6K 505 33
Becca and Will were once best friends. From immediately clicking at the school bus stop at five-years-old, to bonding over their love for hockey and...
422 47 9
Athena Yondoris lives a simple life. She's a straight-A student in her school. She loves going to parties, and dressing up pretty. She likes to keep...