𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑| Max Mayfield [COMPL...

By tangledkisses

COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON FIVE "And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one" [SEASON T... More

-𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
graphics
i. home at last
ii. the unknown
iii. eleven in hiding
iv. madmax
v. trick or treat, freak
vi. the pollywog
vii. will the wise
viii. dig dug
ix. the lost sister
x. the gate
-𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
xi. disconsolate
xii. suzie, do you copy?
xiii. the mall rats
xiv. the missing lifeguard
xv. the sauna test
xvi. pranks & the flayed
xvii. e plurbius unum
xviii. the bite & the truth
xix. the battle of starcourt
xxiv. bonus: christmas
-𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
xxv. the sour prankster come back
xxvi. the hellfire club
xxvii. vecnas curse
xxviii. the monster and the superheros
xxix. dear billy part one
xxx. dear billy part two
xxxii. the dive
xxxiii. the masscare at hawkins lab
xxxiv. 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅..?
FINN AND CELESTE??

xxxi. the nina project

941 40 27
By tangledkisses

Cassidy awoke to Eddie's frantic calls for Nancy, prompting her groggy ascent. Unaware of Max, Nancy, and Dustin's absence, she reached for the Intena, pulling it up. "What's going on, Eddie?" she inquired with a raspy morning voice. Eddie, puzzled, questioned, "Who is this? Where's Nancy?" Rolling her eyes, she asserted, "It's me, Cassidy Sinclair." He responded with an 'ohhh,' and she dryly affirmed, "Yeah," prompting Eddie's laughter. "Wait! Sinclair Twin! You're back from California?!" he exclaimed, eliciting a chuckle from Cassidy. "Something like that."

"Okay, can you do me a favor?" he asked. Cassidy blinked, still waking up. "Y— Yeah?" she replied, uncertain. "Can you please get me a six-pack—?" he asked bluntly. She huffed, turning off the comms. "Is that a yes?" he inquired, met with silence. Cassidy flopped onto the couch, drifting back to sleep. "Sinclair twin?! Hello!?" he yelled, muttering a frustrated "goddamn it" to himself.

As evening settled, the group unanimously decided to venture to the Creel House. Ascending the steps, they confronted the ominous structure. "Yeah, that's not creepy," Steve quipped, provoking an eye roll from Cassidy. Upon reaching the porch, Nancy and Steve collaborated in their efforts to pry the stubborn door open.

Amidst the creaking hinges, Cassidy voiced her skepticism, "I mean, what exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" The air was thick with suspense as they braced themselves for the mysteries within the foreboding residence.

"We're not entirely sure," Nancy began, her tone laced with uncertainty. Cassidy joined in, a small shrug accompanying her words as she wearily rested her head on Theodore's shoulder. "Couldn't we sleep in until eleven? It's only nine, and I need my ten hours of sleep!" Cassidy whined, prompting Max to suppress a smile at her friend's goofiness.

Amidst the banter, a question arose. "Wait, so you believe this is important because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Robin inquired, seeking clarification on the significance of the Creel House within the enigmatic realm they found themselves entangled in.

"Basically."

"Great."

Dustin's voice carried a sense of urgency as he laid out the stakes, "Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max," each word echoing with the weight of their mission. Theodore solemnly nodded in agreement, understanding the gravity of their quest.

Lucas, seeking reassurance, questioned, "We don't think he's in here, do we?" The group exchanged uncertain glances. Max responded plainly, "Guess we'll find out."

As the anticipation hung in the air, Steve and Nancy, with combined effort, managed to unpry the door. The wood blocking the entrance fell to the ground, unveiling a dark and foreboding passage into the heart of the Creel House.

As the leaves danced around them, the group involuntarily stepped back. Cassidy, unfortunately, became the victim of a leaf invasion, spitting and sputtering as she attempted to rid herself of the unwanted intruder. "Gross! I think a leaf flew into my mouth," she exclaimed, her hand seeking support on Max's shoulder while she vigorously tried to expel the leaf.

Cassidy huffed in discomfort, looking up to see Theodore and Max sharing an amused glance. "I... I think I got it out," she mumbled, a slightly embarrassed smile gracing her face. Meanwhile, Steve, undeterred by the leafy chaos, made an attempt to open the door, only to step back with a revelation, "It's locked."

"I can open it," Cassidy declared confidently, hands on her hips. Theodore began to express concern about her powers, but before he could finish, Cassidy stared at the door, and it exploded. The group collectively stepped back, their attention now on Cassidy, who sported a bloody nose. "Oops. My powers definitely leveled up," she said with a nervous smile and a shrug, earning an eye roll from Max.

Caught in the act, Theodore noticed Max rolling her eyes and shot her a harsh glare. They cautiously entered the house, taking in their surroundings. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill," Lucas joked, eliciting a giggle from Theodore. Cassidy, however, shot Theodore a suspicious look, sensing there might be more to his amusement than met the eye.

The group flicked on their flashlights, casting beams of light into the dimly lit interior. However, Steve remained without one, prompting him to question, "Where'd everyone get those?" Cassidy, ever the tease, playfully patted his back, saying, "It's okay, Stevey. You're just a lil boy who will get hurt if you get one." She received a playful shove in return, stumbling towards Max, who scoffed lightly at the exchange. Theodore sighed in mild frustration.

As they continued exploring, Max drew their attention to the Grandfather Clock, her flashlight pinpointing an intriguing detail. "Hey, guys? You all see that, right?" she asked. The group gathered behind her, focusing on the mysterious aspect she had illuminated. "Yeah," Cassidy replied, casually leaning her arm on Max's shoulder. Max bit her lip, feeling a subtle blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Yeah," echoed Steve and Dustin.

"Is that what you saw? In your visions?" Theodore inquired, directing his question at Max, who nodded slowly in confirmation. "I mean, it's... just a clock?" Robin remarked, expressing skepticism. Cassidy, feeling a sense of unease, gulped and muttered, "Yeah, it's just a clock, right?"

Undeterred, Robin approached the clock, wiping it with her hands. "Like a normal old clock," she concluded, attempting to dispel any looming mystique surrounding the seemingly ordinary timepiece.

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Steve questioned, prompting Theodore to stand beside Lucas and shoot Steve a sarcastic look. "Oh, maybe he's a clockmaker!" Lucas smirked, and Steve nodded in agreement. Theodore squinted at him. "I was kidding, dweeb," the Ives boy rolled his eyes, leaving Steve slightly taken aback.

"All I know is the answers are here. Somewhere," Theodore asserted, redirecting the focus to the mystery at hand, emphasizing the importance of unraveling the secrets hidden within the Creel House.

"Okay, everyone stay in groups of two. Robin, upstairs."

"C'mon, Theodore Ives-hopper!" Cassidy exclaimed, attempting to lock her arm with Theodore, who nonchalantly shrugged her off. "No, you're going with Max, and I'm going with Lucas," he declared, prompting furrowed eyebrows from both Max and Cassidy. "What!?" they exclaimed in sync, but Theodore and Lucas remained resolute. Cassidy, trying to hide a smile, saw this as an opportunity for her and Max, while Max scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Cassidy's heart sank as she watched Theodore and Lucas walk toward another room. "Max, wait up!" she called after her, but Max huffed and put her headphones on, signaling her intent to go solo.

They entered a room together, Cassidy sticking close to Max. Max's mixtape abruptly turned off, prompting her to focus on fixing it. "Let me help, Maxine—" Cassidy began, offering assistance in her usual playful tone.

"No! And stop calling me that!" Max yelled, pushing Cassidy's hand away, who looked at her with disbelief. "I just wanna help!" Cassidy shot back earnestly. Max laughed sarcastically, "Really, you wanna help? You're probably just gonna destroy my mixtape if you do! Did you see what you did with that door!?"

Cassidy glared at Max, adrenaline coursing through her veins, causing her hand to ignite with fire. "It's not my fault I can't control my powers anymore! It's new and leveled up, okay?! I'm sorry that I still love you and care about you! I'm fucking worried that you're gonna listen to it over and over again, then get sick of it, and it's not gonna work, and you're gonna get hurt, Max!" Cassidy's emotions spilled out, revealing her deep concern for Max's safety.

Max stared at her in shock, thinning her lips before sighing and shaking her head. "Jesus, Cassidy! This is why I broke up with you! You're so goddamn clingy and overprotective! I'm going to be fine. We're gonna find this Vecna guy, and you're going to try to kill him with your out-of-control powers, alright? Just leave it. Can you just realize I don't feel the same way anymore?"

Cassidy's eyes welled up, locking onto Max's gaze. "You're such a jerk! God, I wish the real Max I met two years ago would come back. This is not the Maxine Mayfield I met in that office," she spat out, their faces mere inches apart. Cassidy hesitated, her emotions overwhelming her, "I...I—"

Cassidy leaned in to kiss her, but as she was about to press her lips against Max's, Max turned her head. "No, I — I can't," she shook her head, causing Cassidy to roll her eyes. "Whatever. I got caught up in the moment for a second, thinking this would be an argument that would end up with us talking things out. I guess I'm wrong. Just tell me, Max. I've been trying to be mature and try to get us to be friends again, but what is holding you back?" Cassidy questioned, her frustration evident as she gestured with her hands. Max blinked, caught off guard by the direct inquiry.

I dont want to break Cassidy's heart again, but I did. She deserves so much better.

A lamp started flickering, capturing their attention. Max walked toward it, questioning, "I'm not just seeing this right?" She raised her hand to touch the lamp as Cassidy folded her arms. "Nope," she replied plainly, and just as Max approached, the lightbulb went out. More lightbulbs in the room began to flicker, and Cassidy's eyes widened. "Look," she pointed out, directing Max's attention.

They both slowly walked out of the room, following the erratic pattern of the flickering lights, a new mystery unfolding within the confines of the Creel House.

The group gathered around one of the ceiling lights that was flickering. "Cassidy, are you sure it's not your powers going out of control again? You have superspeed, so what if it's that?" Max said coldly, prompting a look from Cassidy. "No, it's not me. Superspeed has nothing to do with this. I would have to control electricity, and I don't have that ability, Maxine," she shot back. Theodore and Max exchanged suspicious looks.

"Plus, I haven't been able to superspeed since I was unflayed," she added, and Robin gasped, the revelation adding another layer of mystery to the situation within the Creel House.

"Wait a second! You were connected to this mindflayer thing, right?" Robin questioned, leaning in with a curious expression. Cassidy nodded slowly, acknowledging her dark past. "Then, maybe you're still connected? Maybe that's why your powers have been out of control? Maybe this Vecna thing is... like, your power source? Maybe you're controlling these lights for him?" Robin suggested, weaving together the strands of uncertainty surrounding Cassidy's abilities and the enigmatic Vecna.

Cassidy's eyes widened at the notion, a mix of revelation and concern on her face. "You might be onto something," Theodore chimed in, nodding towards Robin with his arms crossed. "So, maybe you can control these lights to stop, maybe?" he proposed, recognizing the potential link between Cassidy's powers and the mysterious phenomenon within the Creel House.

Cassidy shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know..."

"It's like the Christmas lights," Nancy murmured. Cassidy shot her a confused look, prompting Nancy to nod and explain, "Yeah, when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life."

"But, I was.. I was in the lab still?"

"Did you ever have nightmares of this Vecna guy?" Robin inquired, her tone pensive. Cassidy made a thinking face, considering the possibility of nightmares or visions related to Vecna.

"Oh my god! Yes, I did! Once, I was forced to find Eleven with my powers, but I couldn't, and I ended up going into someone's mind, and I saw memories of a little kid who looked exactly like Henry Creel! Then that same night, this Vecna guy came into my dreams, telling me I shouldn't have gone into his memories, and I said I was forced to. He said I had powerful abilities and I could just use them against the lab to escape," Cassidy exclaimed, recounting a vivid and unsettling experience with Vecna in her dreams.

"Henry Creel is Vecna?" Steve questioned, the revelation causing shock to ripple through the group. Nancy, however, nodded with a thoughtful expression. "It makes sense. But we have to know for sure that she's right," she emphasized, emphasizing the need for confirmation before drawing conclusions about Vecna's true identity.

"But this means, Vecna is here. In this house. Just on the other side."

The lights abruptly go out, plunging the room into darkness. As they look at Cassidy, they notice her nose bleeding and her eyes closed. "Cassidy, you did it! You must be connected—" Theodores begins to exclaim, the words hanging in the air, interrupted by the sudden change in the environment.

The lights shattered, and the group instinctively covered their heads. Concerned, Max asked, "Cassidy, are you okay?" 'Cassidy' abruptly shot her eyes open. However, her eyes were now dark, glowing red, and her nose was bleeding profusely. A chilling voice echoed from her, "You kids came to the wrong place. Mildred is now my side person who has told me all about you guys. You kids will not defeat me and will not save your precious friend, Max. And as for Cassidy... she was just my puppet who cared too much for her... friend or should I say ex-girlfriend? Max and Cassidy are no longer safe.. I will be back." The ominous proclamation hung in the air, leaving the group unsettled by the unexpected turn of events.

Max's eyes watered as Cassidy's eyes returned to normal. "I... what happened," she started, but Cassidy's eyes rolled back, and she fell into Max's arms, fainting. Max cried as she held Cassidy. "Cassidy, please wake up," she pleaded.

ash speaks !

teehee thats what you guys get for constantly asking when im updating.. jk. tbh i just lost motivation but im back nowwww!! hopefully yall are still reading this. sorry for the hitaus on this book, but im back.

just been going through a lot and ive been working on a mike wheeler in my drafts (pre-writing the whole book) so yeah.

dont worry cassidy will live... but will max? mwahahahahahahahah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 623 22
In which one of the new girls and one of the nerds started off by getting annoyed by each other and grew to like each other. or In which Arabella Ma...
11.6K 222 36
our souls will forever be cursed. eddie munson x fem!oc stranger...
226K 7K 50
[COMPLETED TILL SEASON FIVE] ❝the only ever thing i wanted was 𝒚𝒐𝒖...❞ ST/STRANGER THINGS, ...
282K 9.6K 51
In which Valerie Sinclair is forced to move back to her hometown of Hawkins Indiana and stay with her cousin and his family, to have a better life bu...