The Bet | Gay BxB |

By dollygrand

The rich kid with a perfect life is challenged to make the bad boy with a bad temper fall in love with him... More

Welcome!
1. The Bet
2. First Encounter
3. Selling His Soul
4. Future Dreams
5. Past Nightmares
6. A Rough Day
7. The Secret Is Out
8. Arrogance
9. Reckless Deeds
10. Dangerous Progress
11. Torturous Date
12. Warming Up
13. Room to Breathe
14. Truths Come Out
15. Deep Scars
16. Still Here
17. The Signs
18. An Amazing Guy
19. Options
20. Rebellious Teen
21. Snitch
23. Free Pass
24. Priorities
25. Growing Soft
26. Addictive [M]
27. Sad News
28. Red Dress
29. Reckless Intents
30. Keeper
31. Not Quite Right [M]
32. Party Time
33. Poisoned Family
34. The Truth
35. All Over
36. Pain
37. Sixty Days Since
38. Perfect
Smut Being Removed

22. Night Out

10K 384 203
By dollygrand

-Jax-

Nic fell asleep almost immediately after we went to bed. I was not entirely surprised by that since the guy was the manifestation of exhaustion, but I'd feared he was too worried about how things would go between his parents to get any sleep. He did wake up a couple of times during the night, but it didn't take more than thirty minutes until he was sleeping again.

And in the morning, he looked much better. He still had a long way to go before I could say he was back to normal, but he was less anxious and scared. And he would get back to normal. I was not going to stand aside and watch how that bastard destroyed such an amazing guy.

He was my boyfriend, and I was not letting him suffer any longer.

After we took our separate showers and got dressed, Nic called his mom. Everything seemed to be all right with her, but apparently, Mr. Gabriel had stormed out of the house not long after we left and hadn't returned yet. It didn't sound like Mrs. Gabriel cared much about that. I had the feeling things were not settling down between them anytime soon. Or at all.

Nic clearly had the same thoughts after he ended the call and just stared at the dark screen with dead eyes. I felt bad for him, but he was better off without his father unless the man was willing to make massive changes in his behavior and put his priorities in the right order. I was not rooting for him, and I much rather not have seen Mr. Gabriel in Nic's life ever again, but... if Nic wanted to give him a chance... That was his choice.

But for now, I just wanted to make him feel better.

"So she is all right?" I asked to gain his attention.

"Yeah... Dad's not home, though..."

"Yeah, I overheard that part," I said as I sat down next to him. "Does she... want you to come home?"

"She asked if I could stay here for another night, in case Dad... I don't know..." he muttered.

"Of course you can stay here," I said, wrapping my arm around his shoulders. "I think it's for the best. You should stay with us until things calm down."

"Shouldn't we ask your parents first?" he asked, finally looking at me.

"Oh, don't worry, they rarely say no to me," I said with a smirk, earning a short laugh from him.

"I do believe that," he said, and pecked my cheek. "So, we're going out tonight? Are you still going to bless me by wearing that sexy, sexy skirt?"

I laughed at his words, happy to see his mood getting up. "Well if you put it like that, I don't have any other choice."

He wiggled his eyebrows at me. "You look so hot in it."

I shook my head in amusement. "I'll wear it, don't worry."

Oh, God... now I was nervous about the date. But maybe not in a bad way.

*****

I was getting increasingly nervous as the day went by. Whenever I was left alone, all I could think of was that damn skirt. I was supposed to wear it in public. In a place full of classmates. On a date with the fucking Nicholas Gabriel.

What was I doing...?

I got mad at myself while I waited for Nic by his car. I did not fucking care what other people thought. Nic said I looked good in the skirt, and that was all that mattered.

But what if...?

I shook my head, forcing myself to stop thinking about the skirt, but it didn't take long before it was back on my mind. I sighed and cursed myself for my insecurities.

What if we got to the bar... And Nic suddenly decided he didn't want to be seen with me after all? What if... What if people made fun of me, and he'd join them? What if he laughed at me and called me bad names, just like the rest of them had...

"Stop," I hissed at myself. "You fucking insecure bitch..."

Nic wouldn't do that. He would not do that. I had an amazing guy as my boyfriend, and I was not letting myself to ruin that by giving into my fears and insecurities. I had something great, and I'd nearly missed out on it because I'd let my fears control me.

Thankfully, Nic stepped out of the building at that moment, so it was easier to push the negative thoughts out of my head. Especially after he called my name with a big smile on his face, his voice cheerful.

He looked so much better already.

"Hey, if you don't mind," he spoke when he stepped in front of me, "I kind of accidentally blabbered about our date, and Jessica and Allan and Cecilia are now going too because I kind of accidentally made them excited about it, so... You don't mind if they kind of... meet us there?"

"How do you accidentally...?" I trailed off when a smile appeared on my lips at the thought of him talking people's ears off about our date.

Yeah, fuck you, insecurities...

"I just... didn't realize they'd want to go too if I talked about it," he said. "I know this is supposed to be our date. I can tell them we're not hanging out with them though. They'll understand. I mean, they know it's our date."

"I'm fine with hanging out with them," I said. "They're your friends, and I suppose I should get to know them better."

"Yeah?" he said, his expression excited. "You'll love them. They're good friends. Not backstabbers who are only looking to gain something by hanging out with me."

"Wow," I cooed. "You are finally able to call them by their real names?"

"Who?"

"The backstabbers," I said with a smirk.

"Is it too harsh?" he asked.

"No. Not at all," I said as he unlocked the doors.

We sat in his car, and he started driving. Only a minute later, he flashed a big grin in my direction.

"What?"

"I get to see the skirt again," he said.

I rolled my eyes in amusement. "You're making a big deal out of it just to make me feel better about wearing it."

"What's wrong with that?" he asked, focusing on the road but still smiling.

"Nothing, I guess," I said, watching him closely.

"And you look hot in it," he said.

"Obviously," I said, trying to feel confident, but the damn insecurities were trying to take that away from me.

Well, I suppose it was more of a trust issue, not insecurities. I couldn't care less what people thought of me, but if Nic... If this was just a prank...

Oh my God, just fucking stop...

Nic stood in front of his father, yelling at him to get his hands off me, his boyfriend, risking his entire future in the process. He was not going to prank me into wearing a fucking skirt in public for shits and giggles.

I took in a deep breath, feeling calmer, and placed my hand on his leg.

"If you play nice, I may let you take it off me tonight," I murmured, giving him a light squeeze.

He nearly swerved off the road.

*****

I had massive trouble getting ready for our date later that evening. I found it was nearly impossible to get anything done after I put on the skirt, a long-sleeved black shirt, black pants made of thin fabric to hide my scars, and leather boots.

Why?

"Nic, for crying out loud..." I muttered when I had – once again – his hands on my hips and lips on my neck.

His only reaction was to plant more kisses upward on my neck.

"Your straight is showing," I muttered, and he stopped.

"What?" he asked, stepping in front of me.

"I'm wearing a skirt and you're suddenly horny as hell," I said, turning my back on him.

My insecurities had found a new way to harass me.

He grabbed my hand and twirled me back around, then wrapped his arms around my back.

"First of all, hi, I'm bi, I'd find you hot as hell regardless, and secondly, there are plenty of skirts all around school, but you don't see me humping any of them," he spoke sternly.

I laughed shortly at his words, but I didn't get a chance to reply.

"Hey," he said gently, looking me dead in the eyes, "What can I say? You look hot in that skirt. You. You look hot. And... I don't know, I just... This particular skirt is important. I don't know if you feel that way, but I do. And it suits you so well. Like it's made for you."

"Fine. I'm sorry... I'm just... I don't know..."

"It's a big step, I get that," he said quietly. "You don't have to wear it if you don't want to. I already got to see you in it today, so my wish has been fulfilled."

"Ugh, why are you so good with words..." I muttered, feeling much better again.

"You know me. I'm mister perfect," he said jokingly.

"I don't know about that. I've made you do some pretty imperfect things," I said.

"And you're making me want to do many more imperfect things right now..." he murmured, his eyes trailing down on my body.

At least I have lube now. Fuck, what...?

I shook those thoughts out of my head.

"Back off or I will change into jeans," I told him, stepping away from him.

"I'll try," he said with a mischievous smirk.

"I need to get ready," I told him, and grabbed my makeup bag.

We were a little late when we finally left the house, but Nic was sure his friends didn't mind waiting for us. We weren't that late, after all. Twenty minutes later, Nic parked his car close to the club, and the second I saw the bouncer, I groaned.

"What?" Nic asked, and I pointed at Pops in his uniform. "Oh, right, your dad works here."

"He was not supposed to be working tonight," I muttered and sighed.

"Is that a problem?" Nic asked, and I turned to stare at him.

"So you're saying it's fine that I brought my freaking father on our date?"

"You didn't actually bring him," Nic chuckled. "He's just working here. I don't see an issue."

I stared at him, but I suppose he was right. "Fine, fine..."

"Hey," Nic said and stopped me when I was trying to exit the car. When I looked at him, he kissed me shortly. "I promise not to do anything weird in front of your father. I want him to like me."

"That's not what I'm worried about," I said with a chuckle. "I just thought it would be odd to be on a date with Pops lurking around."

"Nah, I don't find it odd at all," he said reassuringly. "Ready to go?"

"Sure."

We got out of the car and approached the line to the club. Pops spotted us almost immediately, but only nodded as a greeting. Once we got to the door, Pops gave me a small smile, and squinted his eyes at Nic in a warning manner, but then he told us to have fun and let us step in. At least I could trust him not to embarrass me.

Couldn't say the same thing about myself. I was really starting to regret my decision to wear the skirt in such a public place. There were so many people I knew from school... And they all took another glance at what I was wearing. I tried to ignore the looks.

I really did.

But the truth was, I wanted to run away. I'd always wanted to pretend I didn't care what people thought of me, but this... All those stares were too much, and I was quickly losing my confidence.

"What are you staring at?" Nic asked a guy who had decided to stand in our way, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Your little girlfriend," he said in a very, very unpleasant manner.

"Careful now. My little girlfriend will rip your head off," Nic said, leaning closer to the guy with a smile on his face. "And I will eat it."

"What the fuck, dude?" the guy asked in disgust and scurried away.

I tried to keep my face neutral when I turned to look at Nic.

"What?"

"You've been hanging out with me for too long," I said, laughed, and kissed his cheek. "Do you see your friends?"

Nic glanced around the club and spotted them at one of the tables at the back.

"This way," he told me, and led me through the crowd.

I knew his friends by first name but couldn't remember if I'd ever exchanged a word with any of them. Except maybe his brother. They all gave my skirt curious glances – every fucking person did – but otherwise they ignored it pretty well.

"Hi! How's it going?" asked Jessica a bit too cheerfully while we sat down at their table.

"Just peachy," Nic replied, moving his seat right next to mine.

"Great! I'm Jessica, by the way," the girl said. "And this is Daniel, Allan, and Cecilia."

"Jax," I said shortly with a nod.

"We know, and I still can't believe we're hanging out with Jax the Snake," Allan said, staring at me.

"Dude..." Daniel said, kicking his leg under the table.

"It's fine. I really didn't see this coming, either," I said, glancing at Nic.

"Sorry, I just got excited," he said with a grin.

"I meant this whole relationship thing," I told him.

"I know right? I had no idea Nic is gay!" Allan said and laughed. "Like, he had so many girlfriends – these two included – and I still can't believe he's actually gay!"

"Allan, shut the fuck up," Jessica said with a sigh, then smiled at me. "Ignore him. He's a blabbering idiot."

"But it's true!" Cecilia said to her. "You and I both dated Nic, and so did so many others."

Jessica sighed and hid her face behind her hand.

"I am very aware of that," I told them, but watched Nic's awkward expression.

"Well he clearly was looking for the right person in the wrong place," Jessica said, giving icy glares to her friends.

"Can we change the subject before he strangles me?" Nic asked, pointing at me.

"I'm not going to strangle you," I said.

"Oh, these two are professionals at making people want to strangle other people if you give them enough time," Nic told me.

"What?" both Allan and Cecilia said in unison.

I laughed lightly at all of them. For some reason, they found it odd.

"You actually seem like a very chill person," Daniel told me. "Like... a completely different person from what I've seen at school."

"I've been feeling... less murderous lately, I suppose," I said, and felt Nic's hand landing on my leg under the table.

"Love changes people," Nic cooed.

"Never mind, now I'm feeling murderous again," I told his brother with a smile, and they laughed.

After a bit more chatting, Nic offered to go buy us sodas and snacks. When he left, I watched him as he walked through the dance floor, and once I couldn't see him anymore, I turned my attention back to his friends. The rest of them were talking about school, but Jessica was watching me.

"Is he... all right?" she asked quietly. "He told me a bit about what happened with his parents."

"Not quite fine, but I'd say he's handling it all right," I told her.

She smiled and nodded a few times. "Well, I'm glad he now has you. I think he needed someone like you in his life."

"Someone like me?" I repeated.

"Someone who can teach him that he's allowed to enjoy his life," she said.

"I may not be the right person to do that," I said. "I tend to do stupid shit."

"Maybe you needed him to balance things out," she said with a smirk. "I do think you make a great couple."

"Maybe," I said quietly when I spotted Nic making his way back to us.

The rest of the evening was actually quite nice. I wasn't sure if it could've been called an actual date with all Nic's friends there, but I didn't really care. His friends were all right, and I had to admit, I actually liked Jessica. She was a smart, caring girl. Very down to earth. And Daniel was surprisingly nice for a Gabriel, so I had to scold myself again for hating their family so much. Allan and Cecilia... well they worked well as a comic relief, if nothing else.

And Nic made the night perfect. He didn't give a fuck who was watching us. At times, his hand was resting on my leg, or playing with the hem of my skirt, or around my shoulders, or massaging my fingers, and he never glanced around to check if someone saw us. He'd never cared, of course, but since my insecurities were lurking nearby, I paid attention, but the only things he kept glancing at were me and my skirt.

And that made me feel so much better about myself. I stopped giving a fuck. I didn't care what people thought. I didn't care if they stared at me. I didn't care about what they were whispering behind their hands.

I looked up at Nic, and he noticed it. He smiled at me when our eyes met. He looked so good... How did I get a guy like him...? How did I end up with a Gabriel who could make me feel so good about myself?

I leaned in to kiss him shortly, but he put his arm around my waist, resting his other hand on my cheek, and let the kiss continue.

How could I be so lucky...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 1.5K 34
In an all boys boarding school surrounded by football players 18 year olds Alex, Sam, Jason and Parker have two years left in school. Two years, to f...
In Our Heads By Shady_D

General Fiction

1.2K 106 30
Everyone's a little trapped in their own heads. Cassian is the only child of very wealthy parents and has grown up being moulded to their expectation...
110K 4.7K 75
(This is the edited version of my book Bad Boy Knows My Secret) Jesse's life turns upside down once the football player from his school finds out he'...
68.8K 3.5K 53
[BxB] In the eyes of the public, Rhys Martinez is the darling boy of the governor of New York, who has an angelic smile and charming wit. The people...