Howl

By MissRomero

Every ten (10) chapters will be a Tegan POV chapter, I don't know if I said that before, but saying it now. More

Howl
Disconcerting
Abomination
Family Issues
Blood-Bond
Confusion
All Around Me
Tighten up
Not Tonight
I'm on Fire
My Blood
Finding Beauty
Little Wolf
Signals
Float On
I'll Keep You Safe
Breaking Out
Charming
Pathetic

Up from Below

10 0 0
By MissRomero

"These fucking books took ages to get, Sara. I had to charm this fucking old lady to let me in the damn room. Do you know how sick and wrong that is?" I peered up from my computer to see Ava walking in with a man carrying four very large books. Standing abruptly, I knocked the table several feet away.

"What the hell are you doing, Ava?" The man was in a trance, his eyes glazed over and the small veins turning dark. "How long has he been like this?" I strode over, taking the books from him and pushing him back towards the door. She scoffed and went and sat on the couch.

"It was only a few hours. He was following me anyways, the bastard. And I wasn't going to carry those ancient ass books myself. I've held people longer." Her laugh held a mischievous edge to it, a ball of anger settled in my stomach.

"Ava, this sort of behaviour ends. Now. I will not tolerate us using this kind of power over the humans freely. There are consequences on them-"

She jumped up, "Since when did you become the advocate for the humans?! The Sara I knew hated them for their weakness. She knew she was above them, she loved the control she had. Everything you are, should not be..." prickles of pain crossed me, the change slowly starting. My wolf's anger was constantly at a high, and this made it worse.

"Should not be what? Finish what you have to say before I-"

"You found your mate. And they're human. Again. This change in you happened once before, I remember because you left me. For a human." She stalked towards me, something lingering in her voice that I couldn't place. The emotion in her eyes was unreadable, and I was ready for a fight.

Muscles tensed, I took one step forward and straightened my shoulders. "We were never together." Keeping my stare level, I watched every emotion ranging from anger and hate to disbelief and the same unreadable emotion from earlier. Taking a deep breath, I felt my wolf calm down with my next thought, I had to bring the hammer down. Making her my pack member wasn't going to suffice, not for her. She pushed me to brink of insanity with her constant nagging and belligerent attitude towards me. She was challenging me with all this annoyance. She was seeing if I would actually make a Law with my Alpha status.

Realization struck, "Paint whatever fucking fantasy you like, Ava. I'm not here to indulge in them with you. I asked for a simple task from you and you turn it into a game." Pointing at the man still in a daze, "Do you not know what repercussions come of this?"

"Get off my back, our power, this power we yield before them is great. Why you never use it is beyond any of the packs." She strode over to him and whispered into his ear. Light touched his eyes and he turned and left. His green eyes were bloodshot, the vein around them were still turning black. She turned back to me, tears pooled in her dark grey eyes.

"Did you find your mate?" The pain in her eyes was something I was all too familiar with. That was the emotion earlier as well, I knew it was something I felt, but I didn't connect it to the pain I felt when I lost Tegan before.

Exhaling a breath I had no clue I was holding, I took a small step back. My hands nervously clasped behind my back, "Y-yes. I did."

She let out a sharp laugh, the tears flowing freely now. "If a Law needs to be made between us, do it now." She swept her hair from her shoulder and showed her mark.

My wolf pressed close to the surface, a trail of goosebumps rose where she touched. She wanted to make Ava stay away from us, we belonged to another. But I couldn't do it. There was a part of me that knew we weren't Tegan's just yet. I was making every effort lately to avoid her. Ignoring her put my wolf and I into a weird depression.

It wasn't uncommon for wolves to not get with their mate right away. We also had our problems like humans, we were in another relationship with another wolf, we weren't ready. But most of the time it was because they were humans, and humans in our care died so often we became used to the pain it brought on. But I had spoiled my wolf in the past, letting myself love and be with her. Being away from her was not in question, but I wanted to go into this with more knowledge instead of diving headfirst and losing her again.

Sighing, I walked away, heading towards the books. A small, quick hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. My hand flew up and slammed open fist into her chest, we stumbled over the coffee table and fell onto the couch. Finally looking into her eyes, I saw anger and lust cloud them. Her usual light grey eyes were dark with the emotions.

Grunting and pushing on her, I felt my fight slowly leave. She had straddled my waist and kept an iron grip on my forearms, leveling herself above me but keeping her weight so she held me down. I could easily knock her off, but I would've done that as soon as my back hit the couch.

but I didn't want her to go away. My strength gave out, I laid almost lifeless under her, gauging her reaction. Lust took complete control, eyes near black, and a low growl rumbled in her chest.

Actions quick, her hands found my throat and pushed up, lips molding together in a tangle of hot tongues and small bites.

Grabbing her waist I rolled us onto the floor and switched positions, shirts were ripped into shreds, fingers grazed skin roughly, the scent of blood and arousal surrounded us. I held her head in my hands, sucking lightly on her bottom lip while she worked my jeans off me.

My jeans tangled around my knees and she gave up, she dragged her nails along my thighs, causing me to halt in my actions and hiss lightly. She pushed up and pulled me along with her.

Kicking off my jeans, I stayed glued to her, my lips not once leaving her skin while she guided us to my room, staggering in a daze, her hands keeping me in front of her.

She slammed us into the wall, a low grunt leaving me. Pleasure ripped through me as her fingers deftly finding their way into my boy shorts. Rolling my hips, a light feather touch found my clit. Wrapping my legs around her waist, I glanced at her when a delicate kiss was placed on my right temple. And with that single glance, she swiftly entered me with two fingers. A loud moan ripped through my throat, pleasure tingled in my limbs, a slight buzzing sensation erupted in my head while she roughly pumped her fingers in me, using her entire body to propel herself

"Ava...Fuck." I panted, feeling her hit a spot in me that caused shudders to rack my already numb limbs. Her lips worked my neck, her free hand steadying us against the wall. I was unaware of our surroundings.

She shoved us against the wall harder, her fingers curling to rub a spot that made me pull her closer, our bodies molded together in a mix of sweat and hot breath. My hands wove their way through her long dark hair, gripping a handful and pulling slightly. I felt a pressure building, my grinding became erratic as she sped up.

"I'm so glad I have you." I barely heard her above the roar in my ears, my back snapped into a bow, my hands pulling her mouth closer. A loud series of moans and curses left me as my orgasm rolled throughout my body. Her teeth buried deep in my soft flesh, my defenses were down. The pain flooded throughout me, abruptly stopping everything.

Shoving her off me, I glared at her, noting the blood that ran down her chin. Anger flared up and I watched her cower away from me. "Fuck you." I growled, I brought a hand up and pressed on the wound hard. I bit back my anger, forced my wolf down, and made myself calm somewhat down. I refused to make her succumb to my Laws, I was not going to make her do what I say or make her feel someway about me.

"Just leave, Ava. Don't come around for a while." I stepped into my room, knowing she'd leave as soon as she got clothes on. She looked like a pup with their tail between their legs.

Throwing myself on the bed, I decided that I was not going to control her.

-

Papers covered my bedroom floor, leading out to the living room and into my office. It was a few days later after the whole thing with Ava and I haven't heard from her since.

Biting my lip and frowning at the papers in hand, I was engrossed in ancient texts about my kind. There was a point in time where we mingled in human's lives, free of any execution and hate. We were worshipped like Gods, monuments were supposed to be erected for us. But another creature of the night appeared.

This happened in parts of the world away from my home. We were secluded in forests and mountains, that anything that happened around the world was unknown. Up until I was exiled and forced to find my way around the growing population of humans. I don't remember much when I was first out on my own, I spent most of time in my fur. And spending long amounts of time in your fur can lead to your mind resorting to that of a beast.

I don't know if I killed humans or how many I did. I try not to think about that time, but it was so hard to be good when I have blood all over my mind.

Shuffling the papers in my hands, I stared at the words and tried to make sense of them but when they mentioned this other being, that's where it lost me. I was looking for passages that mentioned us mating with humans, and if the humans fared well. Did they also gain our immortality? I know we can share bonds that slow their rapid aging, but the humans that lived in our customs died to a accident to early to tell whether or not they do. Our strength is what killed them more often than not, quick to anger and abuse. Wolf kind lasting this long is a miracle in itself.

This time, I wanted to commit to Tegan. I wanted her to be fully mine. It was like the thought of marriage, but we don't bring in paperwork and such. It was just the bond between our minds and souls that linked us. But I had to do my homework, with Tegan's inevitable health deteriorating, I needed to make sure that whatever I did that made her mine, that it wouldn't harm her in any way.

A knocking sounded from the door. Glancing at it the door then back at the papers, I sighed. "I'm currently busy, sign the sheet to schedule an appointment for later this week." I threw the papers in my hands down. The material ending in the middle of a sentence.

"It's me, Tegan. Sara, can we talk now? It's...important." Hearing the distress in her voice, I moved to a kneeling position. Staring at the door, I opened my senses to hers. it was like opening the door to a warm house after shoveling snow for hours. Her warmth spread across me in one fell swoop.

The rush of emotions, mainly consisting of worry and sadness enveloped me. I haven't spoken to her since I got back from my trip almost three weeks ago. I actively ignored her, leaving my home from the fire escape in the mornings, and using the back entrance in the evenings. It hurt me too, not being around her. But it was for the best at the moment. I wanted to know a bit more before I dove head first into...a relationship with her? Surely, it was to come to that. Her accepting me and being with me.

Then I could figure out how to help her with her illness that was to make its debut soon. How soon? I know not, but it was approaching. And quietly.

"The doors u-unlocked." Emotion swelled up in my throat, the thought of losing her for a third time dawned on me, the times countless the thought had reoccured. I'm not sure I could handle it. Again.

The door opened quietly and a small, pale Tegan shuffled in. She looked drained of energy and emotion. Her clothes sagged on her petite frame, the thin but huge gray jacket stopped midthigh, and the black sweatpants swallowed what was left of her legs. A small gasp was caught in my throat at the sight of her.

"T-Tegan are you okay?" Standing quickly, I made my way towards her, forgetting completely about the papers and the order I had them in.

She nodded her head, then shook it frantically. "Lindsey and I have been fighting a lot lately and I'm having a rough time at work. Everything was good you know..." I gently put my hands on her shoulders and directed her to the couch near the floor heater. She felt so fragile in my grip. One squeeze and I could break her bones.

"I'm so sorry, love. What do you want to talk about first? Did you want some tea or something?" I settled her down on the couch and started for the kitchen. Her hand caught mine, stopping me midstep.

"Just talk to me please. I-I-I don't know what I'm doing." Her voice was small, higher than normal, and full of confusion.

Moving quickly to sit beside her, I kept our gaze steady. Right now she needed me and I wasn't going to turn her away. But maybe it would be bad, a shudder ran down my spine thinking of where this could go. I knew eventually I would have to leave her alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398 56 13
"๐€๐ง๐ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž, ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ...
302K 632 33
hi hello and welcome! this book is mature!!! (the toggle won't stay selected for some reason) this book is literally everything: girlxgirl, boyxboy g...
27.1K 473 33
One-shots of all Jori that I've written. These are based off of dates of publication (which I will put), so the writing will see a significant increa...