A Misguided Monster a Misguid...

By Gloo0myDayys

Warnings: blood, violence, gore, Psyicical and Mental abuse, yelling, character death, mature language. (Ps... More

Untrusting.
Suspicions.
Bake.
Second-Thoughts.
Traitor.
Short-lived.
Disobedient.
Liar.
Nerves.
Sugar.
A Helping Hand.
New Faces.
Headache.
Detective.
Unreality.
Cracks and Dough.
The Enchantress.
Unlucky.
New Friends.
Distraught.
Gospel of Dismay.
Jam-Shead.
Powdered Snow.
Redo.

Yeast.

521 14 18
By Gloo0myDayys

The forest was quiet, the chilly night air beating against Enchantress' skin as she waded through the bushes with only the sound of snapping wood and her own heavy footsteps filling her ears. She grumbled to herself as she shoved another bush out of her path.

Enchantress hadn't been out of the tower in ages and all of the stress piling up was really starting to get to her, causing her to lash out a lot more often. Pomegranate had suggested a nice refreshing walk. Enchantress hasn't all that interested but decided to go so she would quit nagging her.

"This is ridiculous, I don't need fresh air. I don't need this stupid tower." She grumbled and shoved away a branch. "Telling ME what to do? who do you think you are? There's so much to do and nothing is going according to plan, It's horrible I tell you!" 

She blew the hair out of her eyes, coming to a parting in the trees. The moon nearly blinded her as she stopped in her tracks. It was indeed a beautiful spot, The moonlight trickling in from the sky above the cliff. It took some adjusting to notice the figure in the middle of the scene, sitting down on a tree stump, gazing off at the moon as if they'd never see it again.

The shadowed body turned to face her, a sickening yet familiar face meeting hers. It stood up. "it's.. You.." The figure muttered. Her old friend stood not that far in front of her. Pure Vanilla Cookie.

They hadn't seen each other since the war, both assuming the other was dead and buried. Something felt.. different, though. His gaze felt different, and she couldn't help but notice the unfamiliar and uneasy aura he left behind. This couldn't be him, this couldn't be happening. Not now.

Enchantress gripped her staff, a bit shocked by the sudden encounter. "You're.. Supposed to be dead." She barely knew what to say. Nonetheless, they were still enemies. "..What the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing.." He responded in an almost threatening tone. Enchantress felt a knot form in her stomach. "I would say that's none of your damn business." She glared at him. Although his eyes were closed, she could feel him gazing back at her.

The only good memories she had were ones she sought to forget so that she might have a better excuse for her mistakes. But she doesn't. She has no excuse. 

Pure Vanilla picked his staff off the floor. "Seems your plan didn't go as expected. The kingdom seems to be doing very well." He gave her a light smile. Why was this so unsettling? He continued to speak. "You don't seem like you've changed a bit."

Enchantress narrowed her eyes. "Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?" She tightened her grip on her wand, her body tensing up. "I would have done what I wanted to peacefully, but you had to get in the way. And besides, I assure you, everything is slowly, yet surely, getting back on track."

The cream-coloured cookie clasped his hands in front of his lap. "Is that so? I've heard about what's been happening. Can't control a few cake dogs, can you?"

"Shut up. You could never accomplish what I've done. You've been sitting on the low. You and that pathetic little grandson of yours. I have done so much more in my life than you ever could do." Enchantress snarled, trying to get under his dough.

Vanilla shook his head. "At least I actually raised my offspring well. You wouldn't know what that's like. Also, I've earned my respect, unlike you." 

Enchantress' expression dropped to anger before a smile grew on her face. She started to chuckle. "You think I care what YOU think of ME? You've grown soft, it's pathetic. You're not gonna tell me what I've done to my son or what I should be doing with him. And how would you know?"

"He came with me for shelter, from you." He frowned. Enchantress' rage only grew. "Tell me where he is. He'll have the world and more after we're done. And don't act like you know everything, because he isn't your  son, is he? Maybe you should take care of your own "offspring" before you come criticizing me."

Vanilla took a deep breath, his own anger starting to brew. "You've stolen more than you could ever know from him. His childhood, his life, and his ability to make choices for himself. If he were happy with the life you gave him he wouldn't be running, would he? He's found someone who makes him happy, someone who gives him the love you never cared to spill a drop of."

Enchantress grit her teeth. "Love? LOVE?? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING OF LOVE. When I told you what happened you didn't care in the slightest, YOU NEVER DID. You had everything you wanted, everybody at your fingertips, and until something happened to me.. somebody who DARED TO DOUBT YOU, you fought back. Maybe if you weren't so selfish the others would be alive to tell the tale."

Pure Vanilla stared at her, a lump forming in his throat. He paused for a while before speaking. "I'm not going to let you convince me of things that didn't happen. They're dead because you KILLED THEM." He tightly grasped onto his own staff. 

Enchantress pointed her staff at him. "You're right. And you'll be joining them soon if you don't stop talking."

"I.. I like to believe I didn't do anything, but I know we were both somehow at fault. Even so, you're feeding yourself lies so you can feel as though you have every right to do this. This is never where I wanted us to end up.."

"Oh It's all about what you want, isn't it." Enchantress snarled as the other lowered their head in shame. He started to speak. "I don't understand what I did, please, what did I do? What is it I did that brought this apon all of us? What you planned was immature and pure evil, this isn't what we're for, I tried to talk to you, but you just shut me out!"

"Why is rebuilding the world so harmful?? I always told you that I believed in you and that you would make a change someday, THAT WAS THAT DAY. You denied me. Being reborn had changed the way I perceive everything. Our creators have us in line for slaughter."

"I know, I get it! But you planned to destroy everything- everyone we loved in the process!"

"So you were scared? Pathetic. I always thought you were so much more powerful than me. Now, look at you. it's a sad sight to see, truly." Enchantress chuckled a bit, watching Vanilla silently sink into his mind. "Stop pretending you care." She grinned, knowing she was finally getting to him.

"I'm.." He paused. "I'm not as great as everyone thought I was. Both you and I know that. I'm not all-powerful, I'm not some sort of demi-god. And neither are you. Nobody is. Please, just let me try again. I'm sure we can work this out if we simply just listen to each other and the world around us.."

"Awh.. Vanilla... What a sob story. You're even weaker than I thought." She gripped her wand and sent out a shock of magic, hitting Vanilla and dazing him before she kicked him to the ground. "I've been waiting for this moment, really. I finally have truly surpassed you. You only want me for 'White lily cookie', don't lie to me."

He was at a loss for words, his mind spinning as his body was occasionally shocked with magic. Why didn't he have the strength to fight back anymore? What was wrong with him? Enchantress started to speak again. 

"That is the ONLY REASON YOU HAVEN'T STOOD UP TO ME AGAIN. You know what I can do and you're scared." She stopped for a moment, taking a step back. "If you saw what I did, you would surely join me." She held out her hand. "It's not like you have anything left, why don't you?"

Vanilla quietly held his stomach, his body still sparking with pain. He felt sick. It was true, he certainly wasn't what he used to be. His body had gone weak with scars and age. He looked away.

"Make your choice.. Let us build our world anew." Enchantress cooed. 

"..No." He tried to hold his voice firm. "I won't submit to you, not after all this time.." Enchantress frowned apon him, pulling back her hand. "..Very well then. By force is the only way people will believe me." She snarled and turned away.

The air behind her went cold as she turned. Something was surely.. off. She just couldn't put her finger on it. Suddenly, she heard him speak again. 

"..Please, at least let me get something off my chest before you go." Enchantress reluctantly turned around. "..Hm? 'The fuck are you talking about?"

(cliffhanger.. I'm tired.... lmao..... screw you........)

----------------------------------------

Red velvet sat on his bed, quietly trying to figure out what to do. He had called Pure Vanilla over the night before to help heal the two of them, but there was still another wound to be stitched. He didn't know how to approach Pastry, but something was surely wrong.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to have left her for the night. He carefully stood up, supporting himself with the wall so he didn't topple over, still sore and a bit beat up. Unfortunately, healing does not work 100%.

He limped out to the small living room where Pastry already sat awake on the couch. She heard him enter the room. "..That was a bad idea. I'm sorry. It was right after we'd just gotten better too.." Her voice was hoarse.

Velvet stood by the doorway, carefully holding himself up. He wasn't quite sure what to say. "..I understand you were upset. I would've.. done the same thing if I weren't so soft nowadays."

Pastry still didn't speak. Velvet continued. "We should try and avoid her from here on out.. okay? I think you've had enough of that."

She sniffled, rubbing her eyes. Velvet shuffled over to the couch and sat next to her. The both of them paused for a long time, neither saying anything, but the silence was so loud.

Red finally spoke. "..Are you alright?" He turned to face her, only for her to look the opposite way once again. She was embarrassed and deep in her thoughts. Velvet stayed quiet after the motion. He didn't want this to repeat.

He went to make a move before Pastry stood up and walked out of the hut. What? where was she going? He carefully stood up to follow her but stopped himself. He should give her time to detox. If she's shutting him out surely she must need some space for now.

Velvet sat back down, hugging his arms. He could wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 718 44
This au is where madeleine is a cat espresso found madeleine on the road espresso didn't think about it but Madeleine followed him what will happen...
71.2K 1.3K 97
Incorrect quotes (not labeled), one-shots (O-S), head-canons (H-C), etc. Requests are more than welcome! Feel free to write constructive criticism, b...
9.9K 145 25
Hi! this is my first story! so I might not be good at it yet- but I'll try my best! What if pure vanilla had fallen into the ultimate dough instead...
1.7K 50 7
During the midnight of Crispmas Eve, beings of Celestial and Devine origins show Wizard cookie the harsh truth of his actions after breaking the hear...