late night walks

By cloverv333

"Let's go on a walk, I'll drop you off home! It isn't very safe for a young, weak, and small little boy like... More

late night walks

370 11 3
By cloverv333

YOO!!! i can't believe i started up this old acc again lol! tbh i had a lot of fun writing this, even if it is super dark and angsty. you can find this fic on my ao3 as well with the same title just look up "cloverv333" but anyway that's not the point, the reason i started up this wattpad acc is bc i wanted more ppl to enjoy my fics and i also realized a lot of ppl like reading on wattpad cus of the format so here we are!!

anyway enjoy!

- - -

"Why don't we play a game?"

The strange man dressed in a hot pink cape, rimmed with goldfish fabric and puffy fur-like purple rimming was hanging upside down from a streetlight.

"What are you doing here, Haavik?" Magnus said, almost calmly, with a hint of what someone could call anger, or almost annoyance.

The dark-haired boy was out late at night, investigating a certain red-head criminal that he had a lead on. But his sources turned out to be false, so another night was wasted in tiring efforts of searching. Magnus was just about ready to go to "bed," knowing that "bed" meant scouring the internet for more details, and "bed" was a cover up for his insomniac hours to not worry his sister.

Or a certain Pyrus brawler, that he somehow ran into continuously.

However, he wasn't expecting to find a yellow-eyed maniac, who was also one of the many criminals he was looking for, waiting for him.

"Let's go on a walk, I'll drop you off home! It isn't very safe for a young, weak, and small little boy like you to wander around nighttime like this."

Boy, even though they've only met a couple times, Haavik sure knew how to push his buttons.

At this point, Magnus is clutching tightly at his Bakugan behind his dark coat, hanging on his shoulders. He starts to walk, ready to attack at any moment. Even without communication, he can tell his Bakugan are too.

Haavik jumps down from the light and walks to Magnus. "Calm down, silly, the universe's greatest entertainer likes to entertain, not attack!" Magnus isn't sure what he means by that, he isn't sure what any of this means. The red-eyed boy is tired and feels like he could drop at any moment.

Of course, he isn't going to show that.

"Fine. Walk." He says bluntly, and they both start to stroll down the street.

As the both of them walk, Magnus can feel the eerie stare coming from the older man. He isn't sure what the smirk on his face is for, but he knows it isn't anything good.

Growing up in alleys, Magnus has always felt stares on his back. Stares of gang members, either willing to take him in, or rob him. Stares of homeless men, pitying the "poor children" that have to deal with the same pain. Stares of other street kids, and rich kids, all wondering how they can help. Stares of people he's met in jobs, whether they were co-workers or customers in some way, all curious and nosy about his past. Even stares of creepy old men, dreaming about the scarcely dressed, fair skinned, perfectly carved victim, not realizing how strong he actually is.

But a stare like this was absolutely frightening.

It's the first time Magnus has felt so vulnerable. No one else was on the street to call out for help, his Bakugan could only take so much, and if he got hurt in any way, it would mean he would have to skip another dinner to pay the hospital bills. He also knew that Haavik knew he was vulnerable, or at least felt like it.

"You're a quiet one, aren't you?" Magnus could feel his heart jump in fear for a second when hearing Haavik speak. "That's adorable! I never expected the great Darkus brawler to be so entertaining! But I want to talk, and you know you have to listen to me!"

It felt weird for someone to actually acknowledge his weakness. But Magnus couldn't do anything about it.

"What do you want to talk about?" Magnus sighed, he knew he couldn't get out of this, so he decided to play along.

"How's your sister?"

"Not that."

"Fine then, how's your little Pyrus brawler?"

Magnus could feel his face reddening.

"How would I know?"

"You admit he's yours?"

"He is not mine."

"But you wish for it."

Magnus stopped, and Haavik walked in front of him. "You wish for him to be yours, and you wish for a life out of struggle, out of poverty,"

Haavik turns around.

"You wish for peace."

"Haavik, I don't know what you're trying to pull- "

"What a hero thing to want. You have such a good heart."

"-but I will- "

"I love playing with good hearts!"

"-stop you!"

The angered boy grabs his Bakugan out and is ready to throw up the dome.

"I can help you; you know. I can help you find your dreamland."

"Shut up- "

Haavik snaps his fingers, and the empty, dark street starts to be replaced with a bright, familiar place. The night has turned to day, and they are standing right in front of the AB's hangout place.

"Dan's little playhouse! You secretly love this place, don't you?"

"How the hell did we get here, Haavik? It's broad daylight!"

"Just watch, sweetheart."

As soon as he said that, two figures walked out of the house, Kuzou, and his sister. They meet up with what Magnus can only assume is Dan's mother, and Emily starts to help the woman in the garden. Dan's attention soon turns to a figure walking towards him.

"Is that... is that me?" Magnus questions, he stands in front of the smiling version of himself, one that looks much less sleep deprived, and much less depressed.

"Yep!"

The other Magnus walks right past them both, and goes to Dan, and then leans in for a sweet peck on the cheek.

Magnus can feel his face burning again.

"What the hell?! Why did he- I- huh?!"

"This entire show is what you want! Just a play of your hopes and dreams of a sweet future!"

Dream Magnus could also speak with his Bakugan, and he was able to do things that Magnus had always wanted to do. Dan's friends soon join the picture, and the happy gang, including Magnus, all go to the back to go and battle with each other.

A full Bakugan battle, with no cares in the world.

It really was his dream.

"How did you know, and how did you make this dream?"

"It's my job as an entertainer, and I can give this to you, with a price, of course!"

"I'm not going to play your games, Haavik!"

"Fine, let's change this up then, shall we? Look at some past memories, before we make this a bad dream."

"What?"

The scenery changes, and Magnus sees a young boy carrying an even younger girl. They both look absolutely ravished, and hungry, yet they both seem to be able to smile. "Do you know who that is?"

"It's me. And my sister."

"And do you know what day it is?"

"The day I found out she was sick."

Magnus stood there, completely devoid of his thoughts. He knew that later that day, Emily would collapse, and it would be the first time he's ever cried on the streets. The blankness on his face contrasted with his eyes. The red, glistening eyes on his face filled with so much confusion and pure despair.

"Oh how lovely! You look so depressed darling, but cheer up!"

The scenery changed again, and soldiers in white uniforms walked right past Magnus. He turned to see where these soldiers were marching, as if they were about to attack. Yet instead, they grabbed the little dream boy's hand, as they took him and his sister away to what would be a mix between heaven and hell.

"It's the day AAAnimus found me, isn't it?"

"Yessir! Wasn't this a good memory!"

"None of it were ever good memories."

The world around them changed again, and Magnus saw a slightly younger version of himself, battling a certain brunette.

"The day you met Kuzou, you have to admit this was a good memory, right?"

Magnus remembers only the feeling of pure hatred of his first loss. Not realizing the boy he would hate the most, would help him so much.

"This next one is my favorite!" Haavik said giddily, as Magnus emotionally braced himself when the scenery changed again.

Magnus found himself standing in his own bathroom, the slightly eerie, and disgusting mirror was next to him, as he stared into it, before moving his attention to the boy sitting beside the tub.

The dream Magnus was blankly staring at another Awesome Brawlers video, searching for something- anything, to take them down. His eyes had no light in them, and it's as his soul left his body. Next to the boy was a knife, a dulled pocket knife that the dream Magnus had found earlier. Magnus remembers convincing himself to kick the bucket if he couldn't find anything in the next video.

"You wanted to kill yourself? How entertaining!"

Haavik grabbed the knife and held it out to Magnus.

"How about we play a little game? Since you have such the urge to die, take this knife, and kill the boy sitting beside the tub."

"No, I-"

"Or I'll kill you."

Haavik's face turned serious, as he shoved the knife in Magnus's hand. When you're in a game with Haavik, you have to follow the rules.

And so, Magnus stood there, knife in hand, as he stood above the dream version of himself. The dream Magnus, taking his attention away from the video, stared right into Magnus's eyes. He took his cold, lifeless eyes, and searched the soul of Magnus.

Then the boy smiled.

And mouthed the words, "Kill me."

The video came to an end, noise stopped playing from the mobile device, and Magnus, in fear, dropped the knife, as it fell straight into the dream boy's heart.

Haavik giggled, and then laughed, and laughed some more. Soon, Magnus found himself staring at the corpse in front of him, and grabbing the knife, and aiming it at himself.

In the first time for a while, Magnus smiled, and laughed along.

Magnus pierced his heart, and fell to the ground.

Soon, Magnus would wake up, and wonder, how much of that late night walk was a dream.

---

YOOO!!! i'm actually kinda proud with how this turned out tbh, sure it needs work and i'll prob come back and edit it but like whatever. anyway check out my ao3 i hope yall enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
304K 9.1K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
647K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...