The Woman at The End of The W...

By VRLove7

Vanessa Taylor, a sassy blue haired, tattooed cosmetologist with a mouth of a sailor was born and raised in O... More

authors note
prologue.
new message.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twentyone.
twentytwo.
twentythree.
twentyfour.
twentyfive.
twentysix.
twentyseven.
twentyeight.
twentynine.
thirty.
thirtyone.
thirtytwo.
intermission.
thirtythree.
thirtyfour.
thirtyfive.
thirtysix.
thirtyseven.
thirtyeight.
thirtynine.
forty.
fortyone.
fortytwo.
fortythree.
fortyfour.
fortyfive.
fortysix.
fortyseven.
fortyeight.
fortynine.
fifty.
fiftyone.
fiftytwo.
fiftythree.
fiftyfive.
fiftysix.
fiftyseven.
fiftyeight.
fiftynine.
sixty.
sixtyone.
sixtytwo.
sixtythree.
sixtyfour.
intermission 2.0
sixtyfive.
sixtysix.
sixtyseven.
sixtyeight.
sixtynine.
seventy.
seventyone.
seventytwo.
seventythree.
seventyfour.
seventyfive.
seventysix.
seventyseven.
seventyeight.
seventynine.
eighty.
eightyone.
eightytwo.
eightythree
eightyfour.
eightyfive.
eightysix.
eightyseven.
eightyeight.
eightynine.
ninety.
ninetyone.
ninetytwo.
ninetythree.
ninetyfour.
ninetyfive.
ninetysix.
ninetyseven.
ninetyeight.
ninetynine.
intermission 3.0
onehundred.
onehundredone.
onehundredtwo.
onehundredthree.
onehundredfour.
onehundredfive.
onehundredsix.
onehundredseven.
onehundredeight.
onehundrednine.

fiftyfour.

492 12 1
By VRLove7

"I'm calling off the hunt for Daryl. We need to find Owen, now! We need all hands-on deck for this! Go! And whoever the fuck was on his guard duty is getting fucking punished for this shit!" I flinch at the sound of someone barking out orders. The voice familiar but I can't seem to place it. I groan, bringing my hand to my head. It's like there's yet another concert jamming along inside my mind. For a blissful moment, I forgot what had happened. Like being doused with ice cold water, I shoot up, screaming and crying as my final memories begin to pour over me. Owen. How the fuck did I manage to get away a second time? "You're okay." The voice returns, "Owen isn't here." I peer over, seeing Negan standing next to me with his arms crossed. Simon and Dwight lurk behind him. I groan, this is not good.

Dwight already has a deep seated, burning dislike for me and my husband. I escaped death, and now these assholes will probably kill me. If I'm not dead already, because this is exactly how I picture hell. Though, I was half hoping the eldest Dixon would be the one to greet me instead of these pricks. My luck has left a lot to be desired lately.

"Fuck." I moan, rubbing my face in frustration. "Great, I'm in hell." I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Owen fucking killed me. I'm dead and went straight to hell." I glance around, realizing I'm in some infirmary I've never seen before. If Negan is here, that means I'm in his domain. I traded one asshole for another. I just wanted to get home. Maybe I shouldn't have been speeding, but I was alone and unarmed. Another fucking reckless call.

Number one rule in this world - never get comfortable or shit will flip your world upside down. I should know this by now.

"Welcome to the Sancturary, Vanessa." Negan chuckles, "I guess you would think it's hell. You aren't dead. But we started wondering if your heart was gonna give out given the damage you came in with. We are happy to see you still running the mouth. Simon and Dwight brought you in three days ago." His face serious and concerned.

I've been out for three fucking days?!

"Simon? Dwight?" I bow my head, cursing under my breath. "I need to get back to Rick. He's going to be worried. I have no doubt someone is organizing a search party." I start to kick my legs over the bed. I look down, seeing I'm in a shirt I've never seen before, frowning. "Where's Daryl's shirt? Where's my clothes?"

"Now, hold on. You can leave once we talk. You ain't my prisoner." He holds his hands out to stop me. He pulls over a chair, sitting back, watching me. "I need you to confirm that this was Owen. I know what Simon said, but I need to hear it from you." He gestures to my face, and body, pointing out my injuries.

I reach up, feeling a cut in my cheek, nodding. "He had like half off his face burnt off. Kind of like Freddy Kruger. He came out of nowhere. I crashed the truck trying to avoid..." I trail off, glancing anywhere but at Negan. He doesn't need to see the panic in my eyes. "He was trying to kill me and my child. Oh god, did I?" My hands find my stomach, trying to swallow the panic attack; attempting to keep it bay.

"We heard the crash, and the explosion, once the screaming started, it wasn't hard to find you." Simon spreads his arms. "We were out searching for him. He escaped."

"The baby is fine. We checked that first before patching you up. That baby is a fighter like you and Daryl. I should make you stay here and rest, but I don't need Rick showing up, making a scene. The longer you stay..." Negan offers. I let out some air between my lips as relief crashes over me. "Owen made a lot of friends here. I'm returning you to Rick because you'd be safer with him. No more running for me until your healed, okay? That's an order. You got several stitches and our doctor spent hours pulling glass from your back and legs." I anxiously fiddle with the hem of my shirt, listening, "Simon carried you back after Dwight went after him. He ran when they intervened. We can't find him anywhere. Why were you out there?"

"I was looking for shit for you. I couldn't find anything, so I was going home." Fuck, Owen was lurking around. Old fear resurfaces. "I overestimated my time."

"Unarmed and alone?" Doubt clouds his face. "We didn't even find a knife on you."

"Owen took it when he attacked." I shrug, realizing I'm horrible at lying in this moment. He can't know about our alliance with Hilltop. Otherwise, any upper hand we have for this battle will be taken away. They might've saved my life, but he still killed my friends.

"Okay." His eyes search my face, "you know, you didn't have to hand over the file."

"I know. But you needed to see the type of man you had in your company."

He sighs, "I had a feeling something happened by your reaction to him. He scares you. I don't even scare you, even after killing your friends."

"Yeah, well, we've all killed someone in this world. You can't break everyone by playing my dick is bigger than yours. Some of us know it's not about the size, but instead, it's how you use it. Quite frankly, my dick is Godzilla and I know I alone can kill you, but you don't see me playing baseball with Simon's head."

Dwight makes a choking sound at my words while Simon smirks, "I like her."

"Right, just like you and your boyfriend. Yet, you're the one laying in the hospital bed." Negan grins.

"Yeah, well, I was caught off guard. Even Superman has his weakness. It's been a long time since I got my ass handed to me, like 'here, this is your ass, it's no longer attached to your back.'" I scoff.

He nods, "Well, I wasn't happy when Simon gave me your message. But I was going to let you kill him. Hand over Lucille myself, but from the looks of things I should've done that myself, instead of using the iron."

"Iron?" I cock my head, "you know what, I don't want to know. Anyway, I wanted him fair and square. Not handed to me on a silver platter. That takes the revenge out of it, now doesn't it? Why are you being helpful?"

He grins, "maybe, you're my favorite out of all Rick's shitty friends. I do question your taste in men. I still might take you as one of my wives."

"Sorry, I'm already married, and I still don't like you, Bundy. This doesn't make us friends. I just get to live another day, so I can kill you. You remember that when I'm standing over your body."

"You're right. You're now my best friend. When can we braid each other's hair?"

"I'm going to kill you someday." I repeat, smiling.

"This is how you know I enjoy you; you're still breathing after threatening me twice. Anyway, I'd be honored. Better you than Rick. You're seriously bad ass. I need to see this Godzilla dick in action." He pats my knee, "okay, let's take you home." He stands, gesturing for his men to follow, "Get dressed, I'll meet you out here."

A thought occurs to me, "no more threatening Carl." I call out, "if you ever get the urge to kill him, it should me. He's just a boy. I'm just as important to Rick. I have his ear, I'm married to his right hand man, and I'm someone he leans on." I chew on my lip, hoping I saved Carl from continuing to deal with this man's threats.

"You got it, Elvira." Amusement dances into his tone. "You wanna die in place for Carl if it ever calls for it. Consider it done."

"... you need to stop losing your people. They keep turning up at my home." Negan's voice reaches my ears. I glance around, seeing Lucille lying next to me. I peer up outside of the windshield, spotting Negan sharing words with Aaron, Charlee and Wren. I grab the bag filled with pain medications that Negan sent me home with as I open the passenger side door, limping out. I groan as that pain shoots through my body. Only I would get hurt right before we go into a war. Lady luck apparently has it out for me.

"Char," I rasp. "I'm sorry." Wren rushes over to help, seeing as I struggle. "Owen..."

"I already filled them in, Elvria." Negan glances over at me, smiling. His eyes soften upon seeing as I struggle to stay upright.

"Are you okay?" Wren questions, face concerned. Charlee's eyes widen, taking in my injuries.

"I'm alive. The baby is okay. I don't think I'll get away a third time." I quietly admit. Who knew I'd be thankful for the saviors for stepping in? It's like I woke up in some warped reality. I'm not complaining, but this shouldn't have happened to begin with. I should've stayed with Maggie, but I was worried about Negan showing up while I was gone. I was protecting Daryl and Hilltop.

"He barely even likes you or wants you. Just feels bad." I visibly wince at Owen's voice falls over me. He had to be lying, right?

"Now, that she's awake and out of the car, I'm leaving. I got some shit to attend to. Keep a better eye on your people." I watch as Negan climbs into the truck, leaving us behind.

"Please don't be mad." I whimper, "I was trying to get back. Owen stopped me."

"I'm not." Charlee wraps her arms around me, "I was worried. We were getting ready to go out and find you when Negan showed up. I had a feeling something happened when I saw that it was just him. He never goes anywhere without his obnoxious crew of assholes and cunts."

"Yeah, you're telling me. I'm surprised he let me go."

"With Owen on the loose, I think it's best for you to hide out with Daryl." Wren offers.

"It'll be fine." I wave my hand dismissively, "where's Rick?" Daryl would try to sideline me with Owen on the loose. Though, he might know me better than that. I can't let Owen lurking around some dark corners stop me from fighting alongside my family.

Charlee shrugs, "he and Michonne have been gone for a while."

Good. Rick didn't need to see my entrance. Like Daryl, he would try to stop me. Owen has friends, and they will all be gunning for me when it's time to fight. I have to be ready. This is my secret to keep until it's over. I'm a warrior; this will not stop me from getting the blood I'm craving.

"Awesome. I'm going to go rest." I limp away, turning my back on my friends.

I'm sprawling out across a back pew in Gabriel's church, with my arm covering my eyes. On my way in, I ran into Rosita rushing out, almost bumping into me. She looked at me in surprise, but thankfully didn't ask any questions. She seemed to be on her mission. Anger danced behind her eyes, but it's not my place to question it. We are all angry. With the threat of the war hanging over our heads, everyone is starting to get a little antsy, waiting for the signal.

"You know, I can feel you staring at me." I grumble. I sit up, narrowing my eyes at Father Gabriel.

"I'm trying to figure out what you're doing here." He shrugs, coming to join me. "You barely come in."

"I was trying to sleep since Manson in a leather coat took my bed." I smirk, "what? A witch can't rest in a church?" I tease, watching him share a smile with me.

"I don't believe it would be comfortable." His concerned eyes find me, "the last time you showed up here, you had something on your mind, and I can tell something happened. Wanna talk about it? I know I'm not Maggie's father, but-"

"I just had a run in with Owen, that's all. I haven't been that scared in a long time. I thought I was going to die." I whisper. "But I'm alive." I glance around, "I know where I can find a bed." I stalk out, not wanting to talk more about Owen or hear what Father Gabriel has to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 2.4K 49
Aubree Rae Morris. Only 23 when the world went to shit, a second-year med student with an internship at her local hospital under her mother's watchfu...
240K 5.2K 96
(Currently under rewriting so certain parts of the story may not make sense.) "My name is Lydia Nicole Dixon I grew up in the state of Atlanta with m...
191K 5.4K 49
Carol glanced back and her heart stopped when she saw the scars crisscrossing her back and her unevenly healed ribs making her torso lumped in a few...
223K 4.7K 72
" Children shouldn't play with guns." " Who said I was playing ?" Maya Rosewood was twelve years old when the turn happen. Dead rose to eat the livi...