More Than Friends

By TrishGauthor

Bell has the amazing luck of becoming Scott Evans Best friend. She has a lot of fun and she gets to meet Chri... More

Authors note
Public Garden
Mystery girl
The truth
Suits and puppies
She sounds amazing
He wants to meet me!
Meeting Chris
Just friends?
Puppy kiss
Confessions are hard
Make me a painting?
Sneak a peek
Party time
The aftermath
I fucked up
The present
Anthony Roberts
I want her
The Roberts
Brother talk
Date plan.
The Evans
Out of my comfort zone
Richard
The Date
My mom
Something you didin't wanted to see
Childhood home
Thanks giving plan
We could be friends
NY
Say what you feel
The concert
Thanksgiving
Author note
Final project
Old friend
A lot of tension between us
Author's note
Before graduation
Graduation day
Vacation mode
Vacation
Author's note
Disney magic
Christmas
Author's note
New years
Free fall
Breaking Point
Not giving up
livinghell
Fuck Valentine's Day
Rock bottom
No more games
author's note
On the edge
Near the end
The real threat
Author note
Heart shatter
Second chances
What will come next?
Epilogue

Pragma

1K 38 9
By TrishGauthor

Chris

Three weeks later

Bell stayed in the hospital for a week. She was happy it didn't look like a hospital room and we kept bringing more stuff to make her feel comfortable but when the doctor said she had to stay another week she was practically ripping the IV from her arm.

But I got to an agreement with the doctor so she would have a nurse for the next week— Of course it wouldn't be her mom —So we went back home, all of Bell's stuff was brought back to our house. Well, the little bit of clothes she took with her and we got her settled in.

We all knew that it would be a slow recovery process, but Bell had enough of it. She started to walk around the house as the nurse followed her commanding her to sit down. Bell laughed and proceeded to cook dinner. She's so fucking stuburn but, fuck, I love her so much.

Aaron took care of the security in all our homes. My mom and Natasha spend all their free time with Bell as she planned Karol's baby shower and helped out Sarah with some wedding stuff.
We were all basically harassing Bell, we were all scared of losing her and we didn't want to take the time we had with each other for granted.

One time I found Bell sandwiches between Steve and Scott, they all fell asleep watching a movie in our room and I had to take the guest bedroom. Just to wake up in the middle of the night with Bell in my arms. I don't know how she escaped Scott and Steve's death grip but my heart swelled as I looked down and saw her curled up next to me.

After two days in the hospital I figured that Bell didn't remember anything after she got shot. So she didn't remember my confession about asking her to marry me. Which is a good thing. I always wanted it to be a surprise.

I hope it still is.

"So are you going to tell me where we are going?"

I smile to myself. She's been asking that since we left the house this afternoon. I did have a dig proposal planned for her but the recent events put things into perspective for me.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Bell, and I was so close to just asking her to marry me when she woke up in the hospital. But I still wanted to do something special for her.

Even though I know she would've loved that I proposed to her in the same place we had our first date, I know she will absolutely love this more. Besides, I had to take her out of the house, she was starting to go crazy. Her words not mine.

"Hang on, we're almost there." I say laughing as she whines.

"You said that an eternity ago. I say you pull over and we get on the back seat,"

Jesus, we haven't been able to have sex from here surgery and the last thing I want to do is hurt her. So I'm waiting for the doctor to give us the okay. But Bell is getting imaptiant and trying everything she can think of. And trust me it's hard to say no when you're about to pass out from a raging hard-on.

"Doctor hasn't given us the green light bell and you know I don't want to hurt you further."

"Fine. Then let's compromise. Tell me where we are going and then I suck your cock."

I groan. She knows what she does to me when she talks like that. I hate to have to say no, but I'm serious about not wanting to hurt her.

I squeeze her thigh making her gasp. "Behave, baby." A grin spreads over her face and I already know I'm going to love and hate what she says next.

"Whatever you say, Sir." The last word drips on my like honey, making all the blood in my body run to my cock. I growl and squeeze her thigh harder. Brat.

Thank god we finally got here or I would lose my shit and throw her to the back seat and any damages I could cause her be damned.

The moment I turn off the car her eyes widen and she jumps out the car as quickly as possible . I smile to myself and follow her. Coming from behind I wrap my arms around her and bring her back to my chest.

"Cape code canal." She says with a smile on her face.

"I brought a basket. I thought we could have a picnic and wait to see the sunset." I say kissing her shoulder.

Her arms come up to mine and she squeezes as her head falls back on my shoulder to look up at me. " I would really love that."

She looks so happy I could drop down on one knee and ask her to marry me right now.

Not yet.

I settled for kissing her soft lips and going to get the blanket and the basket with food my mom helped me prepare.

This place is so pecial for me. I can still remember that first day a brought bell here. She was so happy from our trip and the fact that she could be with her brother.

I loved the look on her face when she saw this place for the first time. I just wanted to share everything with her, I wanted her to be part of my world and for her to let me be part of hers.
I knew I wanted Bell, I knew there was nothing I wouldn't do for her. The moment she told me she loved me for the first time, I knew I wanted to marry her.

When those three words left her lips, I knew.

I knew she was the only woman for me. The one I wanted a family with, to wake up everyday to her in my arms.

She is everything

I want to make her mine forever. In the place where I realized I wanted to spend the reast of my life with her.

"Are you alright?" Asked Bell.

After the picnic we satrted to walk around until Bell found a little garden with little lights all above it and a fountain in the midle of the garden maze.

The sun started to set and I was getting even more nervous as the minutes went by.

My heart's jackhammering.

"Chris?"

I take Bell into my arms and kiss her forehead. I just need to feel her for a moment.

"Are you okay?" She asks, hugging me tighter.

"I am, baby. I just..." I pull away, take her face in my hands and look down at the beautiful woman in front of me. "We've been through so much in the past few weeks and I just—"

"I know." Bell interrupts me. "But we're together, Chris. Nothing will get in the way anymore." She brings my face closer so she can rest her forehead against mine.

I take a big breath. "I know, baby. And I'm still going to apologize for everything that happened." I look into her eyes as she shakes her head.

"You don't have to and you know it. You were protecting me and my mom. I could never hold that against you."

"I do. That day you left crying, I couldn't handle the pain. I wanted so badly to go after you and tell you that I lied. Tell you I loved you so fucking much I burn the world to the ground if I lost you. I hated that I couldn't.

"You are everything to me, Bell. I love how every time I come home I hear your music in the studio and I know there will be a new painting hanging somewhere in the house. I love that you take pictures of every single thing you find beautiful or worthy of the memory." Her eyes fill with tears and a big smile apearse on her face.

"I love how you manage to get Scott and I to eat healthy," she laughs. "How you manage to bring so much light into my life." I brush away some tears that slipped down her cheeks and I kiss the tip of her nose.

"You are my happy place, Bell." I kiss her cheek. "You are my light in the dark." I kiss her other cheek. "You are the only woman that could ever bring me to my knees." I kiss her forehead. "I'm yours, Bell. Forever." I bring my forehead to hers "I fucking love you, baby. I hope you love me the same way because I want you to be mine forever."

I bring the opened ring box between us. My heart is beating so fast it's like it wants to get out of my chest. Her eyes fall to the ring, it looks like she's not breathing anymore.

She looks up at me and I slowly get down on one knee. Tears come rushing to her eyes and down her cheeks.

"Isabell Rose Roberts. Will you marry me?"

The sentence is barely out of my mouth when she launches herself into my arms, nearly making us fall on my back and kneeing me in the groin. We laugh as I hug her tighter to my chest.

"Is that a yes?"

She pulls away. "Yes!" She kisses me deep and hard, not letting me go. That amazing, three letter word stays on repeat in my head.

Yes

Bell's mine to marry, mine to love, mine to protect. There's nothing anyone could do to keep me away from the love of my life.

I waited my whole life for her and I wasn't going to let anyone take her away from me again.

She is everything.

***

In ancient Greek there were 7 types of love.

Eros, Philia, Ludus, Agape, Pragma, Philautia and Storge.

This chapter is named after one of those love's.

Pragma love is built on commitment, understanding and long-term interest. A couple grows to honor, respect and cherish each other, accepting differences.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 7.3K 47
-18+ ONLY. Minors DNI- Doctor Emily Stephens has just moved to LA to start a new job when she meets a man who ignites something within her. Somethi...
42.9K 1K 100
What happens when Emma meets Chris Evans and he helps her face her worst fear...loosing her mother. What happens when the two, a couple of nights af...
118K 1.6K 25
includes - smut - angst - fluff chris evans and all of his characters! enjoy <3