Stranger Things Imagines

By ObsidianLies

Just as the title says. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll get to them when I can. There's a lot... More

Favourite Song
Eddie's Graduation
Henderson!
Delayed Reaction
Comfortable
New Birthday
Finding Dart
Bad Swimmer
Crying In The Woods
Beach Day
Left Out
Haircut
The Freak Vs The Hair
Vol 2
1K!
Late
Welcome To Hellfire
'Business Trip'
Talking To The Dead
Rainy Day
Makeup
2K!
Grief
Recovery
Roller Rink
Surprise!
Singing In The Shower
Heatwave
Break Up
3K!
Cheerleading
Tattoos And Buzzed Hair
5 Drunks and A Girl
Bait And Betrayal
Stockholm Syndrome
4K!
New Style
Chimes & Vines
D&D + Immortality
5K!
Promo Video
Love Language
Bad Haircut
Learning To Drive
6K!
Stray
Saving Dustin
A/N
7K!
A Night With The Mayfields
Weekend Away
Ring Code
8K!
Guilt
High As A Kite
Awkward Explanation
9K!
Embarrassing
Forgotten Song
10K!
Old Friend
Nightmare
New Employees
11K!
Mother Figure
12K!
13K!
New Book!
14K!
15K!
16K!
17K!
MADMAX
Reconnect
Failsafe
Intentions
Instincts

I'll Cover You

456 4 2
By ObsidianLies

Spoilers for vol 2 ahead. I'm sorry in advance - I'm adapting an idea I had a couple weeks ago based on what happened... (there's gonna be 2 different endings)

"Yeah, yeah, we get it. No heroes."

It's all come down to this. I can't believe we're back here - especially after we narrowly made it out alive last time. God, I am so sick of this upside down bullshit. Each of us is part of a trio to pull this off. I'm with Eddie and Dustin - the two people I'm closest to. At least if I die I'll go out with an epic soundtrack.

During the planning stage, I revealed to the group that I grew up doing archery and that I could use it to our advantage. So, when we were getting supplies, I ended up stealing a bow, quiver and a bunch of arrows. Once we knew Eddie would be playing on the roof, I immediately found a flaw. He would be summoning the bats to us without a way to protect himself if things go south.

"I'll cover you. You're way too susceptible to attacks on your own." I instantly contributed a solution.

Now the time has come. With the others on their way to their positions, we prepare our area for maximum safety. The last thing to do is set up the amps and get Eddie ready to shred. I stand guard as they set up equipment.

"Give me a sec and I'll turn them on." Dustin states as he is about to finish with the amps. Before Eddie can say anything, I cut in.

"No, not yet. The buzzing and potential feedback could bring them over sooner than we need them to. The frequencies or something, we don't know how these things work. It's not worth the risk. So please keep them off until it's time." I ramble.

"Okay, okay." Dustin raises his hands in defence as he moves away from the amps.

"Since when are you an expert on this stuff?" Eddie stares at me with an impressed look.

"You're not the only one who can play, Munson. Got my first Les Paul when I was 10. Vintage worn cherry - she's a real beauty. If we make it out alive, we should play together sometime."

"Absolutely." He continues to look at me in amazement. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"Nope, I'm pretty amazing. Since it's bats we're getting the attention of, maybe you should be playing some Black Sabbath." I joke.

"Total Ozzy move." He clearly wishes he thought of that beforehand.

"Too late to change it now."

Suddenly, we get our signal. This is it. It's now or never. Dustin flips the switches as Eddie prepares.

"Chrissy, this is for you." He dedicates the song to our innocent late friend before he starts playing Master of Puppets by Metallica.

As Eddie plays, I grab an arrow and line it up for when the bats come. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified right now - though I can't help but scream the lyrics. I take a deep breath and aim as I see them approaching. Once they get close enough I fire. I rapidly replace the arrows and manage to hit a bat every time. Suddenly, the guitar stops and both of them shout for me to run inside. I trail behind them to continue firing arrows.

"Y/N, get in!" Dustin yells.

"Hang on!" I keep taking them out before Eddie drags me into the trailer and slams the door shut. "Oh my god! Holy shit!" I exclaim as I hug them both and start jumping.

"That was... Most metal ever! Ahh!" We continue to freak out for a minute before we eventually calm down a little.

"I never want to do that again." I sigh.

We then start hearing the bats hitting the trailer - further scaring the shit out of me. They start trying to come through a vent. The guys stab at it before Eddie jams his nailed shield into it to block it off. Our celebration is short when we realise there's another vent. Eddie holds up a shield whilst Dustin and I go through the gate. Henderson goes first because he's the youngest and Steve will kill me if I let anything happen to him. Once we're both there, Eddie begins to climb but stops and goes back.

"Eddie?"

"Eddie, come on!" He ignores us and cuts the tied bedsheets and moves the mattress so he's stuck there and we can't go back.

"Eddie, no!" I shout in fear.

"Eddie, please!"

"Eddie, what are you doing?"

"Buying more time." He looks up at us before going out into the open.

I look at Dustin with tears in my eyes as we both panic. I grab a chair and line it up with the gate. Before I do anything else, I turn to Dustin.

"You have to stay here, okay?"

"What, no!"

"Dustin, please!"

"No! I know I can't stop you from going back, but I'm not letting you go alone!" He argues.

"Fine! But stay close!"

"Okay!"

Once again, Dustin jumps through first. He comes out with a limp, but somehow, I land fine. With my equipment at the ready, we rush out of the door. And start calling his name. As we get closer, we see the bats circling what we can only guess is Eddie. I start firing at them again and Dustin does his best to run to him. They start to drop around him with each arrow.

"Shit!" I ran out of arrows. Suddenly, the bats disappear. "Eddie!" I drop the bow and sprint to him - Dustin is already holding him.

"Hey, I didn't run away this time, right?"

"No, no, no, no, you didn't run." Dustin assures him.

"I-I tried to shoot them off you. I ran out of stupid arrows." I tell him as I look down at his bloodied body.

"But you didn't miss once." He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"I can't save you." I cry.

"You already did. I never felt like a freak around you."

"Because you're not."

"Promise me you're gonna look after her and my sheep." He talks to Dustin.

"No, man. You're gonna do that yourself."

"Promise."

"I promise."

"It's finally my year. I love you guys."

"I love you too."

"I love you, Eddie." I look down and realise he's not moving - not breathing. "Eddie? Eddie? Eddie!" I sob into his chest.

"Eddie, wake up, please." Dustin begs and hugs me and his corpse.

2 days later...

It's been 2 days since Eddie died - I miss him so much. We couldn't even bring his body home. I haven't left Dustin's side since that moment and now I never will. Today, the rest of the upside down team are going to donate stuff for families who lost stuff because of the "earthquake".

When we walk through door, we hand over boxes before we split up - obviously I stay with Henderson. It's packed with scared residents. We walk by the wall of missing people. Immediately, I notice a vandalised picture of Eddie and begin to tear up. I want to rip it down and scream. These people still see him as some freak murderer. They never knew him like we did. They didn't deserve him. Eds, if you can hear this - I hope you can... Eddie you deserved the world - but it didn't deserve you. I want to yell about the truth, but I know that'll only make things worse and Eddie wouldn't want that for us. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my arm.

"Don't." Dustin says quietly, knowing what's running through my head. I quickly wipe the tears and keep going to start helping out.

"Isn't that his uncle?" I ask when we turn around from handing out drinks and see someone replacing Eddie's photo.

"Mr Munson? I'm Dustin Henderson. This is Y/N L/N. Can we talk?" He asks as we walk towards him.

"I can't imagine we got anything to talk about. My nephew is innocent. He's still missing. I'll put up as many posters as I need until he's found. Good day to you." He walks past us with a bag of posters.

"We were with him." I try not to cry again, making him stop in his tracks. "We were with him when the earthquake hit."

"And where is Eddie now?" Tears start spilling down my face as Dustin pulls Eddie's necklace from his pocket.

"I'm... I'm so sorry." He cries as he hands it over which breaks his uncle as he goes to sit down. "I wish everyone had gotten to know him. Really know him. Because they would've loved him. " He says what we're all thinking as we sit beside him.

"Mr Munson, they would've loved him. We loved him." I add. "He was always so good to us."

"Even in the end, he never stopped being Eddie. Despite everything. We never even saw him get mad."

"He could've run - I wish he did. He could've saved himself. But he fought." I continue.

"He fought and died to protect us - to protect this town. This town that hated him."

"He isn't just innocent. Mr Munson, he's... He's a hero. He could've run - there would be no shame or judgement. He would still be my hero. I don't know how I'm supposed to carry on without him, but I know he'd want me to find a way. He'd want us all to find a way to be happy again. I know Eddie was all you had left, but I want you to know that you're not alone. If you ever need anything - anyone to talk to, let me know." I struggle to get the words out as Dustin and I have an arm around each other.

"Thank you." He weeps.

1 week later

Just as I promised, I've kept in touch with Mr Munson. Currently, I'm visiting his trailer - it's not easy coming here. Dustin couldn't come, so it's just me. He has a picture of Eddie propped up in the main area. We've been talking for a while, but he's finally brought up his prized possession - his guitar.

"You play?"

"Yeah, for about 8 or 9 years actually." Mr Munson then gets up and leaves. He quickly returns with the guitar in hand.

"Mind playing me something?"

"Uh, sure. Any requests?" I ask as I take the guitar from him.

"I'll leave that up to you." I pause and think for a moment before it comes to me. I play Master of Puppets in honour of Eddie.

"Wow. You're quite the guitarist, young lady." He applauds me when I finish.

"Thank you." I smile. "You know, even at the end, we always bonded over our taste in music. He didn't even know I played until then. I wish we could've played together." I recall the memory.

"Keep it."

"I'm sorry?"

"The guitar - you keep it."

"Mr Munson, I couldn't. It means too much to you." I protest.

"I got plenty of things that remind of him. Take the guitar. Eddie would want you to have it."

"Thank you." I smile as tears form in my eyes.

It hurts like hell, but Eddie is with Chrissy now. I hope he's watching us and I hope he's happy that his uncle isn't alone. At least he can rest knowing that he is the true hero.

(Here's the happy ending because I hate myself for committing to the sad one and going back to the scene with his uncle to get the lines right hurt.)

"Eddie, what are you doing?"

"Buying more time." He looks up at us before going out into the open.

I look at Dustin with tears in my eyes as we both panic. I grab a chair and line it up with the gate. Before I do anything else, I turn to Dustin.

"You have to stay here, okay?"

"What, no!"

"Dustin, please!"

"No! I know I can't stop you from going back, but I'm not letting you go alone!" He argues.

"Fine! But stay close!"

"Okay!"

Once again, Dustin jumps through first. He comes out with a limp, but somehow, I land fine. With my equipment at the ready, we rush out of the door. And start calling his name. As we get closer, we see the bats circling what we can only guess is Eddie. I start firing at them again and Dustin does his best to run to him. They start to drop around him with each arrow.

Realising that I'm running out of both arrows and time, I remember the bombs I made with Steve and Robin from alcohol bottles. I rush back to grab the ones I made and sprint back.

"Henderson, get out of the way!" I yell as I run over and throw the first ignited bottle.

I aim high enough that I won't hit Eddie. I seem to have perfect aim be because of my history. The bottle hits one of the bats, exploding and burning many of those around it. I throw another so that it does the same. Suddenly, all the bats disappear.

"Eddie!" I scream as I drop the bow and race over to him. "Eddie, are you okay? Eddie?"

"Not really. Those assholes almost killed me."

"You're gonna be okay, we'll get you to a hospital." Dustin assures him.

"We can't. Not yet. Help me take him to the trailer and I'll patch him up." Dustin does as I say and takes his right side.

"Did you set the sky on fire?" Eddie asks as we walk to the trailer.

"Something like that." I reply.

Back in the trailer, Dustin grabs whatever he can to give us a way through the gate. He goes first and we both help Eddie through before I follow. Once we're all through, Dustin sits with his walkie as I get supplies for Eddie. Finally, I come back and prepare to disinfect the wounds and bandage him up.

"How'd you burn those things?" He asks me.

"Flaming whiskey bottles." I answer. "I basically made bombs outta those things with Steve and Robin. They told me to keep some just in case."

"Wow. Amazing aim and skill with a bow, guitar god, bomb maker, now nurse - you're literally a superhero." I just smile at him and continue being his nurse. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"I told you, I'm amazing."

"Yeah, you are." He winces in pain as I disinfect a new area.

"I thought you were a goner." Dustin speaks up.

"Me too, man. Me too." He sighs.

"Well, thank fuck you're not." I add.

We stay quiet for a minute or so whilst I start bandaging him up. So much is going on in my head. After that close call, I'm even more worried about the others. As I move onto the final bandage, Eddie speaks up.

"You know, even if we survive this, I doubt they'll let me graduate - or that I'll see my uncle again. Everyone thinks I'm a murderer." He tells us sadly.

"We'll figure something out, I promise." I glance at his eyes and sigh. "I should've told you earlier, but Nance spoke to your uncle the day after Chrissy died." He looks down at me - scared of what I'll say next. "He knows you're innocent. He never doubted that for a second. He just wants to know you're safe and wants you to come home."

"The best shot we have is to leave Hawkins, but even that's risky."

"We'll figure it out, okay?"

"Yeah, but we have more important stuff to do right now." Dustin interrupts as we get word from the others.

This may not have been the plan, but we have to adapt. I just hope we can do it.

2 months later...

It was tough, but with help from the gang, we managed to reunite Eddie with his uncle. Very few people know, but I have a couple contacts with a lot of money who owe me. When we were in the clear, I got to work. These people got the Munson's sorted with a house outside of Hawkins and gave them enough money to get by for about a year.

I don't see Eddie as much as I used to, but it's for the best. Everyone else thinks he's dead because he was never found after the 'earthquake'. I hear some people talk shit about him saying they're glad he's gone after what they think he did. Jokes on them, he's perfectly fine. It's been 2 or 3 weeks since I last saw him - though we still talk on the phone and walkies.

Eddie's uncle invited me over to surprise him and said he had something to show me. So, I grabbed my guitar and started driving. As I get out of my car, I'm filled with nerves and excitement. When I knock, his uncle is the one who answers.

"Hi, good to see you. Thanks for coming."

"You kidding? I've been dreaming about coming over since I left." I say as I walk in.

"Eddie!" He calls upstairs.

"Yeah?" I smile at his voice.

"Come down here!" Eddie comes bounding down the stairs just a moment later.

"Y/N! You're here! My saviour!" He cheers and runs to hug me.

"I brought my guitar." I smile.

"Finally!"

We race upstairs and immediately start jamming. Thankfully, his uncle is used to the high volume. We play every song we can think of before improvising and coming up with some cool stuff completely by accident. Eventually, we take a break to sit and talk.

"How are the bites?" I ask as we sit side-by-side, hand in hand on his bed.

"Almost gone." He smiles and squeezes my hand.

"Good." I smile back.

"Thank you for being such a badass and saving my ass."

"Eddie, it's been 2 months. You don't have to thank me every time we talk."

"I'd be dead in a different dimension without you. I'll thank you every day for the rest of my life."

"Oh, fine." I chuckle. "I couldn't get along without you."

"You're my favourite superhero."

"And you're my favourite damsel in distress." We both start laughing.

"I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too." He leans in for a reciprocated kiss. Before things go any further, we're interrupted by his uncle at the door.

"Hey, what do you guys want for dinner?"

"Uh, I know a guy who makes really good pizza and would bring them as a favour so you won't have to pay." I suggest.

"Sounds good."

I give my friend a call and let him know what pizzas we want. Thankfully, he agrees. Eddie's uncle goes downstairs to wait for it and Eddie and I go back to what we were doing. About 25 minutes later, we head downstairs. Not long after that, we hear a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." I announce as I get up. When I open the door, I see my friend of 2 months, Argyle. "Hey, dude."

"Oh, hey, dudette."

"Thanks for the pizzas."

"No worries, lady bat killer."

"Ooh, I like that. Here's your payment." I smile as I hand him a small bag of weed Eddie agreed to use as money.

"Thanks, my dude."

"No problem, man. Say hi to the Byers' for me."

"Totally. See ya later."

I close the door and head over to the table and hand over the boxes. I sit beside Eddie and open my box. I can't even grab a slice before he questions me.

"Pineapple and jalapeños?" He looks grossed out.

"Hey, try before you deny." I grin and quote Argyle - mimicking his voice. He is the one who made me try it in the first place after all. Eddie is reluctant but takes a bite.

"Why is it not terrible?"

"Right?"

As we continue to eat, we all catch up. When we're almost finished, Eddie's uncle excuses himself and comes back with a small box in his hand. He sits down and slides it over to me.

"What's this?"

"A thank you present for bring Eddie home and getting us this home." He explains as I open the box.

"Black Sabbath tickets?"

"It's the least I could do."

"Did you know about this?" I turn to Eddie.

"You kidding? The tickets were my idea."

"Thank you so much."

Things could've been so much worse - in reality, they couldn't be better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 152 17
๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐Ÿด๐Ÿฌ๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ, ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ. ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ต๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜„๏ฟฝ...
148K 1.9K 120
โ€ขmikeโ€ขwillโ€ขLucasโ€ขDustinโ€ขSteveโ€ขbillyโ€ขjohnathonโ€ขelโ€ขmaxโ€ขNancyโ€ขrobinโ€ขEddieโ€ขChrissyโ€ขFredโ€ขhenry Pls request bc I'm like out of ideas
6.2K 92 15
๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฎ ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™จ๐™ก๐™š๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฎ๐™จ ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š... ๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™  ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š...
39K 405 80
imagines from all seasons! requests are open! !!STRANGER THINGS SPOILERS!!