When destiny calls

By Laineywood

After 6 months training as an infantry royal anglian, Private Maloley is deployed to Afghanistan, and is abo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

1 0 0
By Laineywood

*Kendall's POV*

Music pierced through the walls, bright lights illuminating the entire room, sweaty bodies crowded the space, bobbing their heads and moving their hips to the beat of the song. "Yo you guys made it!" Johnson squealed towards us, pushing his way past a group of people. Johnson reached out his arm and pulled Nate into a bear hug. "Of course we did my man" Nate said gently slapping him on the back. "Do you guys want a drink? Follow me" Johnson ordered us.

Nate grabbed onto my hand as we squeezed and pushed are way through the crowd and into the kitchen. "Right, so here we have a Jack&Jack special" Johnson said pointing towards a blue and red container. "What's in there?" I asked puzzlingly. "Ah well you see Ken, if I tell you, it ruins the element of special" Johnson winked towards me sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, "okay, okay... pour me a glass then" I responded with apprehension. Johnson quickly grabbed two plastic cups and poured us a glass.

"Well how does it taste?" He asked, eagerly watching us take a sip. Me and Nate both fell silent for a second. "Well, appearance wise, a 6/10... but taste wise, I'm not so sure. It's a bit sweet, very fruity" Nate began, slowly bringing his cup back up to his lips before taking another sip. "Mmm I can't decide, baby, what do you think?" Nate asked, looking up at me.

"Hmm... very fruity I must agree, I mean.... Maybe an 8 on taste" I looked towards Johnson approvingly, he punched his fist in the air victoriously. Just then Gilinsky and Sammy walked through the patio door and into the kitchen. "Hey boys" Nate yelled towards them, over the music. Gilinsky grinned and came bounding towards us like a puppy.

"Hey you two! Glad you could make it" Gilinsky said, grabbing Nates hand before skipping over to me and pulling me into a warm embrace. "I see you've had a taste of heaven" gesturing towards our cups. Nate burst into laughter, "a taste of heaven... bro this shit is weird, get me a beer!" As Nate finished speaking I followed with a fit of giggles. "Yeah, I'll have a JD and coke please" I laughed, placing my cup on the kitchen counter.

I looked up, my eyes catching Sammy's. He never broke contact, his eyes locked securely on mine. Our eyes burning into one another's. "Sammy, mate! Come here" broke us from our trance. Johnson was yelling towards him, holding up a stack of cups. "No thank you" Sammy laughed as he joined the group. "Oh come on, why not?" Johnson groaned, "because the last time we played me and Gilinsky absolutely dusted you boys" Nate laughed, taking a swig of his beer. Gilinsky laughed in response, raising his hand to high five Nate.

Sammy looked towards Nate and Gilinsky, fire burning in his eyes, "if I remember rightly so..." Sammy began "there was some foul play at hand that day, carry on and we'll show you what it's like to really be 'dusted'" he smirked mockingly. "Is that a threat?" Gilinsky asked, raising an eyebrow. Sammy just stood smirking towards the pair. "Well I don't know about you guys, but I need another drink" I said walking towards the fridge, you could cut the tension with a knife.

I hauled the fridge door open, the cold air swooping in. It was quite refreshing actually. I grabbed the large bottle of vodka from the fridge and without a second thought took a big swig. My face screwed up at the taste, "errr" I whispered to myself. "Wow Ken, save some for the rest of us" Johnson laughed walking towards me. "So beer pong?" He asked questioningly, holding up the stack of plastic cups. I looked towards the other 3, still evidently bickering between themselves about their previous game.

"Why not" I smiled, raising the bottle in the air, before wrapping my arm around Johnson's shoulders. "Yes Kenny, let's go set up" Johnson yelled ecstatically, leading me towards the dining room table. As he placed the cup down one by one he began telling me the rules of the game. "You know I've played this before" I laughed. "Yeah but you see Ken, this isn't just any old game of beer pong... this is war" he said, banging his fists on the table.

*Sammy's POV*

"Teams? Who gets Kendall..." Johnson asked. I looked up towards her, watching lustfully as her hips gently swinged in time to the music. "Well seen as we 'lost' previously" Gilinsky stated "I think it's only fair we're allowed the upper hand this time" averting his attention towards Kendall. She looked up towards us both with a look of grimace on her face. "I don't want to be on the loosing team" she laughed.

"Well.... Don't play then?" I said shrugging my shoulders. She strutted towards me, brows furrowed. "Pass me that" she said, yanking the ping pong ball from my hand. Me and Gilinsky backed away from the table. She took a strong stance before slowly bending over, not enough for anything to be revealed but enough to get my heart racing.

I watched as she inhaled a sharp breath before launching the ball towards the cups, the ball doing in the air before heading straight for the middle cup. The ball landed in the cup with a little plop. "Yes Ken!" Gilinsky cheered. "Not bad" I said smirking towards Nate and Johnson. "Drink up boys" Kendall laughed.

Nate's eyes met Kendall's, smirking towards her as he picked up the cup bringing it to his lips. "It's on now baby" he laughed, finishing off the drink. Nate took a stance in front the table, to no surprise the ball landed perfectly inside one of our cups. Kendall picked up the cup and gulped down her drink quickly.

The game carried on for what seemed like hours. We were all pretty drunk by this point. "Hey no fair, cheating! Your arms way over the table" Kendall drunkly called as Johnson went to take his turn. "Excuse me, you dare criticise the masters technique" Jack laughed before launching the ball towards us. Luckily he missed. "Right team huddle" Gilinsky ordered, pulling me and Kendall into a squeeze.

I could feel the heat from her body tradiating onto me. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help myself. She was beautiful. I gently placed my arm around her back, as I did I felt her flinch and pull away. "Sorry" I whispered removing my hand. She looked up at me through thick lashes, a small sympathy smile spread across her face before she looked down at her feet.

"So we have 2 cups left and they have 3... Nate is up next so we know they'll be going down to 2 cups! who wants to take the shot? We can't miss this" Gilinsky scrunched up his face in annoyance. "Hey big boy, calm down" Kendall laughed whilst gently tapping his cheeks. "I do not want to lose" he protested. "I'll take this shot" Kendall said, smirking at both of us "I know how to distract Nate..." she said, biting her bottom lip causing my heart to race.

The jealousy was immense. I didn't know how much more I could take of this. She took her position in front of the table, bending down slightly revealing her cleavage even more for Nate to see. He smiled seductively, winking at her "you won't distract me that easily baby" he laughed. "We'll see" she murmured, picking the ball out of the cup, slowly sucking the liquid off of it.

I could feel myself hardening between my thighs, my breath hitched as I began to shift uncomfortably. "I need to go to the bathroom" I told Gilinsky as I hurriedly walked past him.

I pushed my way through swarms of people, dancing uncontrollably to the heavy beat of the music. I swung open Gilinsky's bedroom door and bolted for the en-suite. Sweat running down my face, barely catching a breath as I hurriedly swung the door open to then slam it behind me. "Get it together, get it together man" I whispered, running my hands through my hair.

I can't be doing this. I can't. I can't. I can't. I screamed inside my head. Fuck. I can't get this girl out of my head, I can't be around her, I can't control myself. Every fibre in my body wants her. Needs her.
I gripped tightly onto the sink, my knuckles turning white as I squeezed harder and harder. Suddenly the door flung open, I wiped my head up to see Kendall stumbling towards me.

She burped loudly before looking up at me, she began to laugh "I'm so sorry" she chuckled between hiccups. "I just really really need a wee" she proceeded, before stumbling towards me at full force. Without second thought, I reached out my arms, breaking her fall. "Kendall, what the fuck?!" I yelled, slightly annoyed. "Hehe... I'm OOOOKAY" she yelled, popping her lips.

"What happened? Why are you in such a state? Sit down, my god" I said, lowering her body to the ground. "After you disapppp..." she murmured between burps "I think, there were shots.... yessss, lots of shots. We lost" she began to laugh, "then, shots. They just kept... passing and passing them" She began to murmur as her head started to fall.

"Woah Kendall" my voice rose as I began to hoist her limp body back up. I didn't know what to do. I'd never seen her like this before. I supported her body up as I reached into my pocket for my phone, seeking out Nate's number to call her and take her home. The phone rang and rang... no answer. I tried again. Still no answer, then for a third and fourth time. "Fuck!... Urm Ken let's try stand up" I pleaded. She murmured something under her breath. "Ken are you okay?". Silence enclosed upon the room. "Ken?" I began to gently shake her lifeless body. Panic began to creep in.

Just then, her head slowly began to rise. Her piercing auburn eyes burned deep into my own. We stay locked in this trance for what felt like a lifetime. "Y-you never... call me that anymore" she slurred. I paused for a moment, confused. Then suddenly it clicked. "What? Ken?" She slowly nodded her head. She kept her eyes locked on mine. She was right, I hadn't called her Ken since back then. Things were different now... we were different.

"A lot has changed ay" I mumbled. She nodded her head hesitantly in agreement. "Things... things could've been..." she trailed off. My head fell down, I could no longer look her in the eyes after all the hurt and deceit I had caused her. My hurt crumbling with every beat. Her body began to grow weak again as her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

"Woah stay with me!" I yelled., trying to get her off the ground but to no success. "Please Ken, this isn't funny now, wake up, please!" I begged. She slowly began to stir again, her eyes flickering open briefly. I began to shift my body in line with hers, leaning down to grab her. As I did, her arms shot up and wrapped around my neck. Gripping me tight.

My heart stopped for a second as my body froze. She looked up towards me, her focus deep on mine. Her warm breath kissed my skin sending goosebumps ricocheting through my spine. In the shadows her face was so close to mine that I could smell the distinct ropy fragrance of the tequila she had been drinking, and then our lips collided.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 8.1K 26
"You left me alone, with no idea what to do!" "I'm sorry, okay! But you could have been supportive!" "Oh, I'm sorry that you decided to tell me the d...
44.4K 2.1K 15
Skate Maloley has been getting anonymous love notes in his locker for thirteen days straight If only he knew that on the fourteenth he'd find out tha...
149K 3.5K 39
Katie thought she was in love with Jack Gilinsky, but when she meets Nate Maloley, she finds herself conflicted. Taking the obvious choice of Nate an...
25K 1.1K 26
Meet Sammy. 18 years old. He's a normal, liking rap. And hanging out with friends. Sammy's a good guy and everyone likes him. Meet Skate. 19 years o...