Dysphoria- An Umbrella Academ...

By euphoriaisinreach

"Time throws you out of its dimensionless planar like a boomerang. It unites you again in death." Editing- ch... More

†It Begins
†Visualisation
†The Performance
†unwanted reunions
†Drowning
†'Via'
†Ashes
†Reborn
†a glimpse into the past
nightmares
The thousand-hand dance
S
The Dreaming(s)
scrapbook part 1
scrapbook part 2
Voices return, and so does Graverobber

The Opticians (not really)

398 11 2
By euphoriaisinreach

"As I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

The doctor was sat, hands together in a prayer position, shooting annoyed looks at Five as he spoke, his thick American accent shining through like light on thin paper.

"Well we can't give consent if you don't give us a name." Five snarled. He looked back at Klaus and Octavia, who had their hands clasped around each others and were stifling their laughs, both now wearing suits.

"Well, that's not my problem." The man drawled. "Sorry. Now, there's nothing really more I can do, so-"

He was cut off by Klaus sitting up in his chair and untangling his hands from Octavia's.

"And what about my consent?"

Octavia gave her husband a side glance, cocking her head slightly in confusion.

"Excuse me?" The doctor asked, not bothering to hide his judgement any longer.

"Who gave you permission..." Klaus started to fake cry, "...to lay your hands...on my wife and son?"

Octavia, having now clocked Klaus' genius plan, unbuttoned her suits shirt while Klaus reached round and messed her hair up. She hopped up unto the bewildered man's desk.

"What?" Five and the man said at the same time.

"You heard him." Octavia snarled, looking out the window.

"I didn't touch your wife or your son."

"Oh, really? Well the how did he get that swollen lip, then? And, oh how dare you! How dare you harass my wife, and, when she no doubtedly rejected your advances how dare you push her into your desk! Or at least, that's what I assume happened, do you agree, wifey?"

"Verbatim what happened, my love."

"He doesn't have a swollen lip, and I never touch-"

The doctor was cut off by Klaus landing a swift punch to Five's face which sent him reeling back in pain. At the same time, however, Octavia smashed her face into the mans glass desk , making a massive crack where her face had been.

She immediately held her nose in pain as blood gushed out of it, staining her beautiful suit.

She stood up and leant forward over the desk, dripping blood onto the mans documents.

"Name please and now..!" Octavia chirped.

"You're crazy." The man's voice shook as he spoke, pointing a shaking finger towards Octavia.

"You have no idea." Klaus chinned in, hanging over the back of his 'wife'.

He grabbed a snow globe from around Octavia that had miraculously survived the impact of her head,

"Peace on earth. That's so sweet." Klaus gushed, reading the inscription on the bottom of the globe and then smashed the snow globe into his face.

"Mi Amore." Octavia said, picking pieces of glass out of her husbands hair.

"I'm calling securi-" Klaus reached forward and furiously snatched the phone out of the doctors hand."What are you doing?" The man yelled, but Klaus held a finger to his face to shush him.

"There's been an assault... in Mr Big's office, and we need security, now!"

They both sighed, exhausted by their little performances.

Octavia reached over to him and grabbed his tie, pulling his face dangerously close to hers.

"Now, here's what's going to happen, Grant." She whispered

"It's...Lance."

"In about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door, and they're gonna see a whole lot of blood, and they're gonna wonder "What the hell happened?" and we're gonna tell them that you... beat the shit out of us." Klaus finished her sentence, dramatically.

"You're gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me, we've been there." Octavia gestured to Klaus as she continued talking.

"A little piece of chicken like you... oh, my God, you're gonna get passed around like a..." She couldn't find the words to explain exactly what he was going to get passed around like, but Klaus was swivelling his hips so she deducted he got the point and continued.

"You're just- you're gonna do great. That all I'm saying." She finished, giggling, putting her hands on her hips and letting go of his tie.

"Jesus, you are real sick bastards." The terrified doctor spoke up.

Octavia laughed, "Thank you." Her and Klaus said at the same time.

All three of them stared down the man, only stopping when Klaus had to spit some glass out from his mouth.

∆∆∆

Klaus was seated on top of the desk now, Octavia sitting on his lap, and Five sitting in the closest chair, all impatiently waiting for the man to finish rifling through his papers.

"Oh, that's strange." The man muttered.

Five's head snapped up.

"What?"

"Uh, the eye. It hasn't been purchased by a client yet."

Octavia jumped off her brothers lap and put her arms around the doctor.

"What? What do you mean?" She asked, looked concernedly at Five.

"Well, uh," The mans voice was still shaking, "Our logs say that the eye with that serial number..." Klaus hopped off the desk and put his arm around the side of the doctor that Octavia was not currently occupying. "It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where did you get that eye?"

Five sighed.

∆∆∆

"I was pretty good, though, right? What about my consent, bitch?" Klaus said cheerfully as he and Octavia giggled.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter."

Octavia's smile dropped from her face.

"Oh cheer up baby...don't be such a downer." She drawled, putting her head on top of Five's and messing with his hair, "Whats's the deal with this eye anyways?" She continued. "And don't say its another apocalypse thing..."

Five rolled his eyes and started to walk away.

"Hey, can I get my 20 bucks, like, now, or what?" Klaus yelled at Five.

"You were getting paid for this shit?" Octavia scoffed and hit Five, although rather feebly.

"The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about is getting high?"

"Well, I'm also quite hungry, tummy's a-rumblin'." Klaus imitated a stomachs growls.

Octavia rubbed her eyes in discomfort as Five muttered something about them being useless.

She walked over to the steps of the opticians that wasn't really an opticians and sat her dizzy frame down on the cold step, trying to ground herself with the ice cold feeling of the step against her thighs.

She lit up a cigarette.

Five sat down beside her and put his hand over the top of hers.

It occurred to her that no-one but Klaus had any idea about her drug relapse since her most recent stint in rehab.

Octavia rested her head on Five's shoulder, as Klaus continued talking about horniness and whether Five was or was not experiencing it.

"I wasn't alone." Five spoke up, interrupting Klaus mid-rant.

"Oh?"

"Pray tell, brother dearest." Octavia said, her voice muffled by Five's uniform.

"Her name was Delores. We were together for over thirty years."

"Thirty years? Oh wow, the longest I've been with someone was...I don't know, three weeks? And it was only because I was so tired of looking for a place to sleep..."

Klaus continued, not realising Five had grabbed ahold of Octavia's hand and had teleported them away.

"You know, I think the longest I've been with someone was when I was with Vanya... I miss her Fivesy..." Octavia muttered, having also not realised that she had been teleported away and was now settled into the plush leather seats of a taxi.

"Yeah? You wanna go see her?" Five spoke in the way you would speak to a small child, realising his adopted sisters fragile state.

'I'd rather kill myself than see that wet paper towel of a person you call Vanya again'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 365 13
Once, the Umbrella Academy was unstoppable. Under the tutelage of their guardian and mentor, Dr. Reginald Hargreeves, its members spent their childho...
3.9K 68 30
________________________ Ashlinn Sheehan. Born October 1st 1989 in Waterford, Ireland. She had loving parents and and the best life she could ask for...
1.1K 151 19
It's the end of the world as they...don't know it. Five Hargreeves is supposedly back from the dead. Y/N Hargreeves, the eighth umbrella, tries toget...
312K 8.9K 45
How dysfunctional can a family get? Throw in some powers, an emotionally absent dad, raising emotionally stunted children, one of them stuck in a chi...