Date A Nightmare: Route Alter...

By MiraWhitlock

Looking at a scenery beyond of our imagination, Y/N has seen more soltitude than anybody else in this world... More

Author's Note
Illustrations
Prologue
Chapter 1.1: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Chapter 1.2: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Chapter 1.3: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Chapter 1.4: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?
Character: Itsuka Y/N
Short Chapter: Why Are You Jealous About Something You Already Have?
Chapter 2.1: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Chapter 2.2: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Chapter 2.3: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Chapter 2.4: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!
Short Chapter: Tokisaki-san Likes Kitten?
Chapter 3.1: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.2: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.3: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.4: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.5: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.6: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
Chapter 3.7: Conspiracy In The Shadows Are Always Shrouded In Mystery
First Year Anniversary

Chapter 1.5: What Was The Feeling Of Saving Someone But Nobody Saves You At All?

2K 80 29
By MiraWhitlock

By Kotori's command, Kurumi and Mana is now on the way to save Y/N.

As they travel through the sky, a very large spacequake suddenly appeared in Y/N's direction destroying 1/5 part of the city.

Everything was too sudden.

The two of them wasn't able to act for a while due to shock as they scan the whole area that became ruins in just a blink of an eye.

"W-what happened?! A spirit?! Where?!" Mana asked consecutively due to confusion and so Kurumi tried to calm her down.

"Mana-san, try to analyze things calmy. For now, what important is to save Y/N-kun. We can just deal this problem later."

"Y-you're right. Lets priorities Nii-san first before others."

"Ara~ara. Do you now consider Y/N-kun as your elder brother?"

"Nii-sama's brother is also my brother. A simple as that."

"Kihihihi! If you say so."

A/N: In case you guys are confused, Nii-sama is what Mana called to Shido. On the other hand, Mana called Y/N as Nii-san.

After their short banters, both of them continued their search for Y/N.

*****

After Y/N strangle Adeptus 5 to death, he then throw her corpse in ground like a trash.

When Ellen saw this, she frowned.

Afterall, even though that person is a traitor, she is still her former comrade whom she trusted her life in death before.

Y/N just stayed where he is while looking at the lifeless corpse with a blank expression.

He didn't move nor utter a single word.

Then, Y/N's appearance was changed into an Astral Suit and a spacequake suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Y/N as the epicenter of the spacequake, Ellen was affected by the impact.

Thanks to her barrier, she was barely survived, but the damaged she took isn't that small and enough for her to consider retreat even a person as prideful as her.

"G-guh.... A spacequake? Why now? Don't tell me, someone was awakened into a spirit again? If so, then who?" After pondering for a bit, Ellen was able to reach an answer with only small information she have. "Itsuka Shido. The only one that is capable of releasing Astral Suit is the spirits. I should already suspected him when he started flying towards us earlier. Afterall, normal human can't do such things. But base on the information we have on him, there's a very low chance of this happening."

She composed herself and the look in her eyes became more sharper than before.

The situation became more complicated and so Ellen was starting to take things seriously.

"Also, the description about Itsuka Shido in our data doesn't match to the current one. I thought that he just changed his appearance to hide from us but, now that I think of it, he is indeed suspicious. If my thoughts are correct, then who is he? Why is he with Nightmare? Why can he use Nightmare's angel? How did he became a spirit all of a sudden?"

Questions filled her mind.

Mysteries that'll never be solve unless it was asked to those who directly involved in that matter.

When Ellen noticed someone approaching her with unimaginable speed from a far, she smiled.

"I can't be able to answer all those questions by myself so why don't I just asked the person in topic himself?"

Ellen unsheathed her blade and dash towards him.

Unlike before, this time, Ellen is seriously taking him heads on.

She knows that underestimating her current enemy will lead her to her own grave.

When their blades met, a strong impact was created destroying the remaining rubbles around the area.

Her smile grew even more.

Ellen is actually a battle maniac and so this kind of situation is what she always waiting for, but all of her confidence was shattered in an instant when Y/N shows his dominance over her.

[What's wrong with this guy? He is almost as strong as an Inverse Spirit!]

As their blades met each other, Y/N barely had any reaction, but that was not the case for Ellen.

She's struggling.

Her speed, power, and strength that can rivaled a thousands of wizards is something extraordinary, but he just easily matched her movements like it was nothing.

Ellen was frustrated and so she didn't notice that she made an opening to her defense.

Y/N took this opportunity and kicked her belly hard.

She rocketed down with force from the sky until she hits the surface of the earth, making a large bang sound, and smoke covered the place of impact.

A/N: Just in case you think that Y/N is overpowered, don't forget that Ellen took a lot of damaged from the spacequake earlier and so she's having a hard time to use her full potential. In my estimation, she can only use her 35% of her power currently base on her situation.

He is not done yet, Y/N's blade suddenly clothed with dark aura, then he stab himself with that sword.

"Het!"

There's no blood coming out from the place he stab.

Hundreds or maybe thousands of his clones appeared from his dimensional space.

Each one of them is in the right place and position, making it hard for his prey to escape.

Ellen, who is unconscious until now, regained her consciousness, and tried to analyze her situation as fast as she could.

She found herself surrounded by Y/N's clones.

Her belly who have been hit earlier was swelling a little bit, leaving a bruise on her body.

Thanks to her regeneration ability, the damaged she took from that kick was slowly being recovered.

When she tried to stood up from the ground, she suddenly felt a severe pain in her stomach.

She also felt a little bit dizzy and blood started to come out from her mouth as she cough relentlessly.

After wiping the blood in her mouth, she then said furiously.

"Don't make me laugh. I wasn't dubbed as the strongest wizard for nothing! Chastiefol!"

A magic missile that has razor edges installed at the back of her CR-Unit unleashes a barrage of torrential energy, killing more than half of his clones.

Ellen is still not done yet, she forced herself to the limit, allowing her to move as fast as she normally can do.

She put her blades on her back and took a weapon that can transform into a spear and can also be used as a cannon.

"Rhongomiant!"

She blasted him using her cannon and so his body was immediately turned into a minced meat, but as usual, the one that she blasted is just a clone.

[The one that I blasted is the one who approached me earlier. So it is just also one of his clones, huh. If so, where's his true body?]

Ellen was very confused, but all of this was part of his strategy.

Confusing his enemy in the battlefield and making her believe that this fight is a losing battle for her will gave him a huge advantage.

As Ellen think about such things, Y/N took this opportunity to attack.

All his clones throws their daggers unto her and Ellen was caught off guard.

She immediately spin her spear like a fan, successfully deflecting all the daggers that has been thrown unto her.

But those daggers was just a distraction and so Ellen didn't notice his clones was already dashing towards her.

One of his clones swung his arm and tries to sliced Ellen into half.

Using her time perception, Ellen barely managed to avoid his attack and immediately cut down his clones into pieces with unbelievable speed.

The flesh of his clones shattered and blood splattered around the area, making Ellen covered with his own blood.

Y/N's clones was still not finished as they attacked her simultaneously.

With proper coordination, Ellen wasn't be able to kill atleast one of his clones, but they also didn't leave any scratch unto her.

This shows the large gap of their raw abilities.

Ellen has a lot of experience, while on the other hand, Y/N is just an amateur and only relies to his newly obtained power.

They continue their assault unto her without giving her a chance to rest.

The plan was changed when they noticed that Ellen is keeping up together with them.

Their objective now is to exhaust her first before proceeding to the next plan.

Ellen was able to read her enemies intention and so she put everything she got to escape.

Staying there for too long will only gave her disadvantage.

Afterall, her enemy was trying to prolong their battle.

Ellen was just being cautious by every actions he made.

She fly away using her maximum speed as she enter the area that wasn't affected by the spacequake.

Of course, Y/N didn't let her escape that easily as they chase Ellen with the same speed as her.

Ellen pass through those tall buildings hoping she'll be able to make her pursuers lose, but it was already late to realize her mistake.

She has been ambushed.

Ever since from the start, Y/N already predicted her movements.

By understanding ones behavior, you'll be able to decipher his or her pattern, what decision he or she will do, and many more.

This is what Y/N did and so he is reading his enemy like an open book allowing him to take the lead in this battle.

Ellen just smiled bitterly knowing she has been fallen into his trap.

The enclosed area removes all her escape route and so she had no choice but to choose between these two options.

To fight until the end or die without struggling.

But Ellen choose the latter and so she throws her spear into the place where the clones was lesser as she tries to break through using her blades.

"Caledfwich!"

Using her unbelievable speed and world class swordsmanship, she cut down his clones one by one with haste.

Her magic is getting lower and she is already exhausted.

Five more minutes and she'll definitely completely lose her consciousness, that's why Ellen was surprassing her limits even the cost is the burden and pain in her body.

Her tenacity is something to be praised, that's what Y/N thought while hiding somewhere as he watches the situation unfold.

When Y/N added more clones into the battlefield, Ellen lost her last and final hope, but that's also what made her strong.

A person who doesn't have anything to lose is the most dangerous person among all.

Abandoning all her hopes and her chances of survival, Ellen became the most strongest human ever existed.

Resolve, unrivaled strength, experience, and tenacity, all of these are her recipe to achieve such things.

Unbelievable as it is, Ellen was slowly turning the tables on her favor by killing hundreds and already thousands of his clones.

But that also the reason why she lost.

She lost her composure and so she didn't notice that she unintentionally lowered her guard for a second.

Y/N didn't let that chance to slip as he successfully stab her from behind.

"Zayin."

Y/N smiled evilly.

A smile that befitting as a villain.

"Got you."

Those words was enough to make Ellen shiver.

Words that seals her fate.

Due to the effect of Zayin, she wasn't able to move even a single lift of her fingers.

Then, multiple hands from the dimensional space appeared below her and grabbed her feet, hands, thighs, as well as her breast.

Ellen doesn't have any leeway to make an embarrassed face due to the pain she's currently feeling and so she utter this words instead.

"What a pervert you are." Y/N replied casually.

"Yes I am. Well then, you may now rest in peace."

A/N: Just to be clear, Y/N didn't mean for her to die. He is literally letting her to rest in peace inside his dimensional space. There's a logical reason why he let her alive. Want a spoil? Bargaining.

*****

As they try to search for Y/N in the ruins, Kurumi and Mana saw a battalion of AST probably trying to subdue the newly awakened spirit, but upon entering ground zero, a dark barrier like suddenly covered up the whole city of Tengu.

Obviously, those people who came from AST as well as Mana became unconscious.

On the other hand, Kurumi remained the only one standing.

"The City of Devouring Time." She muttered in awe.

This kind of range is something to be amazed.

Not only that, it also drains Reiryoku much more faster than hers which is commendable.

There's only one person who came up in her mind that is capable of such things.

"Y/N-kun."

As soon as she utter those words, Y/N appeared from the sky unscratched.

Their eyes met once for a second but after that, Y/N ignored her and continued on what he was about to do.

Kurumi watched him in curious.

After approaching his target, Y/N stab one of the AST members making Kurumi surprised by his unexpected actions.

As she observe every movements he do, Kurumi noticed something.

"Is he..... Unconscious all this time?"

It was only her guess but Y/N is indeed half unconscious due to the effects of his angel.

To help him use his power and for him to not lose his sanity after collecting a large amount of negative emotion from the massive spacequake, he was needed to be half conscious.

His mind is asleep but his body is moving accordingly to his instincts and knowledge allowing him to do such feats.

But that doesn't mean he is not dangerous.

Losing his reasoning is equal to losing his sanity, that's why Kurumi didn't approached him immediately.

She's still trying to gauge every of his movements.

Y/N continued to stab them one by one.

Everytime he did it, Y/N was groaning in pain.

Even his head is banging in pain repeatedly, Y/N continues to kill which was made Kurumi worried.

"What should I do? What else can I do to help him out of his situation?"

As she find a solution to her question, Phantom appeared out of nowhere.

"There's a way to save him. Do you want to know."

".... Phantom?"

Purely by her reflexes, Kurumi fired her pistol unto her.

As usual, the Phantom easily dodge every bullet she shot.

"If you still going to shoot me, then I'm done with you. Go ahead and find a solution to your answer all by yourself."

Even though she's irritated, she has no choice but to stop.

Afterall, she can't let Y/N as it is.

"I knew it. You're the one who's responsible to all of this. I want to know your motives first. What merit will you gain by helping me? I don't trust you at all."

"Cautious as always. Anyways listen to me first." The Phantom was obviously dodging her question but Kurumi didn't notice that as she tries to listen in her explanation seriously. "By his request, I gave the power he wanted even though he knows the side effect will be this bad all in order to protect you."

It was a half lie.

Y/N seek power not only for her and for the people around him, but also to himself.

The cowardness to encounter unforseen situations like what happened now and in the rooftop pushed Y/N to do such things.

But Kurumi knew nothing and so the Phantom was easily deceiving her in order to achieve her own goals.

"Protect....Me? But why would Y/N do that."

"Isn't that obvious? That's because he loves you. Oh right, of course you didn't know. Afterall, the one who spend time with him is not you, but one of your clones."

Her words was enough to make Kurumi feel guilt.

Though it was also a half lie, there's no way Kurumi will deduced that and she's also not in the state to think deeply about such things.

Afterall, the clock is running and every second she waste, Y/N's condition is getting worse.

Kurumi shook her head and looked at the Phantom sharply.

"Please go to the main point. I don't have anytime to waste and listen with your preaches."

"I understood. Well then, lets get to the main point. His Reiryoku is negative emotions. The more he kill, the more he became powerful, but it also higher the compensation which is losing his sanity. Before it happens, you need to seal him."

"Seal him? Don't be absurd. You know I'm not capable of such things and Shido-san is the only one who can do that."

"Indeed. And also, even if you bring Shin- Shido here to seal him, that still not going to work. I guess you know the reason why, right?"

Kurumi nodded as response to her question.

In order to seal a spirit, the sealer must increase his affection, but considering both of them are male, it is impossible to do it.

That's also the reason why Phantom choose a male candidate for being a spirit.

To become a powerful bomb that no one can ever defuse.

"So then, what should I do?"

"It's simple. Just kiss him."

"Huh? I don't have any time for your jokes. I'm being serious here."

"Well, listen first. Since the first option is out of the question, we will use the second option, that's to bring his consciousness back. Due to the negative emotions he is currently carrying, he was blinded by hatred. His past has also part to this. By defusing his hatred, you need to show your love to him. It might be cringe to hear this but, you need to suprass his extreme hatred and show the power of love. That's all."

Ending her explanation, Kurumi didn't waste a second and rush towards Y/N.

Her impatience makes her forgot to ask her reason why she is helping her.

As she sprinted towards Y/N leaving Mana behind, Kurumi passed through his clones who seems trying to stop her, but she quickly shot them down violently with haste clearing the path for her.

The Phantom followed her from behind.

She then shot him using Zayin.

"Zayin!"

Y/N didn't try to evade nor deflect her bullet as if he is letting her to do it.

When her bullet reach him, Y/N wasn't be able to move a single centimeter from his position.

Then, Kurumi suddenly grabbed his cheeks and kiss him into his lips.

Y/N's lips are rough probably because it is dry.

That's what she felt when their lips met.

But even after their kiss, nothing happens.

Kurumi then looked at the Phantom as if trying to ask what's happening.

"Didn't I told you? You need to let him feel your love. Suprass his hatred. Unless you do it, even if you kiss him multiple times, you'll not be able to make his consciousness back."

Kurumi returned her eyes unto him and asked,

"Why do you hate this world so much?" Kurumi wasn't expecting an answer from him, but in her surprise, Y/N replied.

"Hate? I despise it. All of their faults was being blame unto me. If I ever complain about something, they'll leave me in the streets. Even though I did not do anything wrong at all, they always vent their hatred and frustration unto me. My friends always deceived me. No, they're not my friends. Friend is just a facade in order for them to use me. I have no rights to speak as if my lips is being sealed. Did I do something for them to give such an unfair treatment and punishment? It was very suffocating. I always been lonely, alone in this cruel world."

Kurumi decided to change the topic.

She knows that if she dug more deeper in his past, the sour memories he wanted to forget might be recalled again.

If that happens, he will feel hatred even more making it hard for Kurumi to bring his consciousness back.

"What was the feeling of saving someone but nobody saves you at all?"

Y/N didn't answer but his eyes told her all of his frustrations and mixed emotions.

All of this was been sent into her heart and so she held both of his hands and said,

"I'll never leave you. I will save you from your curse. Mark my words."

"You know nothing. My future is already been sealed. No matter how hard I tried, no matter how much I want, some stories just don't meet a desirable ending. Whatever I do, the ending of my story is either sad or bad. I'm 100% certain of that. Afterall, the one who told me about such things is also me in the future."

Kurumi was surprised on what she had heard, but instead of saying something, she decided to gently embraced him.

Afterall, saying something in such situation might only be counter effective.

The warmth of her hug was something that Y/N is seeking.

Unlike earlier, this time, Kurumi's warm hug was genuine.

Her extreme feelings and emotions was being sent unto him.

It was enough for Y/N to wake him up in his slumber.

It is very childish and simple, but that's the only thing he wanted all along.

Regaining his consciousness back, Y/N then asked out of confusion.

"Tokisaki-san? What's wrong?"

"Y/N-kun? Thank goodness you're now awake! Just rest in my lap and leave the rest unto me." Y/N looked at her with confused expression and so Kurumi smiled gently at him and said, "Ara~ara, don't look at me like that. You've done enough. You may now take a rest."

Even though Y/N is still confused, he just did what she told him to do and lie into her lap exhausted.

*****

As both of them have their moments together, Kurumi didn't notice that the Phantom was already gone by her side.

As the Phantom watched the situation from a far, she looked at her palm and remembered the Sephira Crystal she gave to Y/N.

It was fierced red color created by anger, but Y/N's Sephira Crystal was a little bit different than others.

It is turning into black as the time pass.

That's why the Phantom was invested to him.

She's curious since this kind of case is unique only for him.

"Your existence is indeed interesting. Such a shame you'll going to be a sacrifice in order to achieve my goals. For the sake of that person, I'll do everything I can."

To be continued
Chapter 2.1: W-Wait Shido! We Mustn't Do This! I'm Your Little Sister!

*****

A/N: I know some of you are wondering, isn't this person told us that he will not make a 5th part for this chapter anymore since he said to himself that he is lazy? I changed my mind. I'll priorities details than being lazy.

[If you like the chapter, I recommend for you to click the vote button, and comment your thoughts about the story. Please follow me here in Wattpad if you want!]

- 7/4/22
- 3894

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 27.1K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
587K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
134K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...