RED

By dreamquisite

❝And I can see the sirens on his eyes, the poison on his lips, the burns of his touches, and yet I embraced h... More

RED
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 8

4.6K 273 166
By dreamquisite

Gayoon woke up feeling better the next morning.

She had enough time to take a calm shower and put on a little makeup, feeling nice enough to wear brighter-colored clothes.

As if her brain is now trained to divert to Donghyuck, she diligently made two sandwiches and packed banana milk alongside them.

Instead of calling her cousins to pick her up, Gayoon just took a walk to the university—the dorm is just ten minutes away from it.

Students began greeting her warmly like usual, with Gayoon responding back or just smiling at them.

She hoped to see Donghyuck at least, having a chance to give him the snacks if he hadn't eaten yet.

Their relationship is still a blur—just a tattoo to connect them—but with its countless magic, Gayoon admits that she's starting to feel a little—a little flutter.

"Shin Gayoon?"

Gayoon immediately looked over, and her face brightened with a smile. "You're Mark?"

Mark nodded. "That's me. And you? You passed by your building."

"Oh, I just want to.."

Mark just stared at her, eagerly waiting for an answer.

"Donghyuck" she only said

"Ah! Hahahaha, of course, you two. Gosh, I momentarily forgot about it." He just laughed it off. "Well, we can go together then; he's not answering my texts since last night."

"He's not?" Gayoon worried. "Did something really happen?"

"Hmm?"

"Oh well, I called him last night; my heart clenched badly."

Mark's eyes widened. "Did you ask him?"

"I didn't," she apologetically smiled. "I still don't want to cross the line. We're not still, you know."

He nodded. "I'm so sorry for him."

"I told him to hang on and that I wouldn't give up on him."

"That's.. thank you, Gayoon." He looked over her with a genuine smile.

Gayoon chuckled. "I'm starting to get really, really curious. You and Jeno want me to do so much."

"Oh, we are. Sorry, uhh.. I just mean—"

"Mark, please, you're rambling!" she laughed, lightly hitting his arm. "It's okay. Just like I said, I won't give up."

Gayoon abruptly stopped, and Mark looked at her curiously.

Seeing that she literally looked frozen, he followed where she was looking, and his heart leaped in shock.

Mark didn't know what to say as he flickered his gaze back to the girl and onto his cousin, who's with someone.

Where Donghyuck is standing, with a girl on the wall. He was in front of her, smiling sweetly while talking about something. Her, looking up at him, a hand on his arm.

Mark knew he had to do something when Donghyuck started leaning forward, launching himself in front of Gayoon and covering her line of sight.

Her mood drastically changed at that; her eyes never had those sparkling stars anymore that Mark found adorable awhile ago.

Lower lip caged by her teeth, and the grip on her tote bag loosening.

"Umm, we should.."

"I should go to my class." Gayoon forced a chuckle.

"Are you okay?"

Donghyuck looked back at the girl he's with, his lips drying and his chest clenching.

She raised a hand to his forehead and asked, "Are you sick?"

"No," Donghyuck yanked her hand, a little bit too rude. He also got surprised by his sudden action. "I mean, I'm not.."

Then his eyes landed on someone somewhere. His mouth hung in surprise.

Their eyes met.

Donghyuck winced when his chest clenched more, like his heart was being abusively twisted.

Donghyuck's body moved subconsciously, though with a step forward, he saw her turning back and retreated down the stairs.

He can't move.

No, he didn't even know what was happening.

It's just painful.

"Happy?"

Donghyuck snapped back to reality and looked in front.

The girl wasn't there anymore, but Mark was.

"Hyung–"

"You're sick in the head, aren't you?" Mark spat, unable to hold back his anger anymore. "It could be fine if you still haven't met Gayoon, but now..." he sighed and calmed down himself. "I don't want to talk about soulmates with you anymore, Donghyuck."

Mark walked away after that, bumping into his twin on the way, but he just nodded and went on his way.

Jeno's brows furrowed. "What's with him—you too?" he quizzically stared at Donghyuck. "Did you two fight? No, right?"

"Maybe," Donghyuck just replied and walked in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going!?"

"Rest room"

Donghyuck almost got knocked down on the floor when he entered the male's rest room, leaning on the sink as he stared at his reflection on the huge wall mirror.

His eyes were now slowly coloring red, and then, after a few seconds, drops of tears flowed down his cheek.

Donghyuck turned the faucet and washed his face once, twice, and three times, but when he looked at himself, the tears wouldn't just stop.

Such a heavy emotion—a heavy boulder on his chest that he can't shrug off.

Donghyuck's tears continued to flow as the running water hit his chest like it would calm him down.

Damn, it was hard. A deadly karma.

The first bell rang, and he's still there.

Maybe he's thankful that there's no one entering, and only the four walls can hear him and see him suffering.

And for the first time, Donghyuck admits that he's scared.

how's your anger issues going +_+

enweyss helaur again! how was your weekend?? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 14.2K 68
"Why should I care whether you die or not?" ❀ Jisung FF ❀ Mafia/Soulmate AU ❀
644K 29.7K 40
❝ she has your eyes ❞ ❝ she has your nose❞ ❝ she's not our baby! ❞ soulmate au. lowercase intended. swearing used. highest ranking: #3 in leejeno #...
1.3M 54.3K 78
» mafia au » soulmate au ❝ You and I are not meant to be ❞
131K 4.7K 31
markhyuck ┅ fuck drugs, have you ever been addicted to you best friend? ❝this is a healthy addiction.❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 3.13.22 markhyuck fanfiction. ©...