Easy On Me ☆ Ackley Bridge

By chloerosaliexo

Evelyn Lopez is ready for her first day first day of a brand new, integrated school, Ackley Bridge with her f... More

Evelyn and Zack Lopez
☆ | chapter 1 | ☆
☆ | chapter 2 | ☆
☆ | chapter 3 | ☆
☆ | chapter 4 | ☆
☆ | chapter 5 | ☆
☆ | chapter 6 | ☆
☆ | chapter 7 | ☆
☆ | chapter 8 | ☆
☆ | chapter 10 | ☆
☆ | chapter 11 | ☆
☆ | chapter 12 | ☆
☆ | chapter 13 | ☆
☆ | chapter 14 | ☆
☆ | chapter 15 | ☆
☆ | chapter 16 | ☆
☆ | chapter 17 | ☆
☆ | chapter 18 | ☆
☆ | chapter 19 | ☆
☆ | chapter 20 | ☆
☆ | chapter 21 | ☆
☆ | chapter 22 | ☆
☆ | chapter 23 | ☆
☆ | chapter 24 | ☆

☆ | chapter 9 | ☆

2.5K 46 9
By chloerosaliexo

So go easy on me

TRIGGER WARNING
MENTION OF RAPE

"Missy you alright?" Evie asked her best friend as they sat down in their form class. The girl had a far away look in her eyes.

"Yeah fine, how you feeling now?"

"Yeah fine." She mimicked her friend who rolled her eyes at her with a small smile.

"Evie, can I have a word?" Mr Bell quietly asked once the bell had gone.

"Fuck me." Evie whispered to Missy who laughed at her.

"You know I would." She winked before leaving the classroom.

"Sir I really need to get going, Miss Keane will-"

"Understand that I wanted to talk to you." He cut her off. "How are you feeling?"

"Absolutely fine sir." She smiled happily, too happy Mr Bell thought.

"You know there's no shame in admitting that you're struggling Evie." He sighed, it was difficult to get her to tell people how she was really feeling.

"I know, but I'm fine. Thanks." She forced a smile before heading to the door.

"And uh... thanks for helping, Missy said you took us to the hospital, I don't remember any of it." She chuckled uneasily. "and for not telling my brother... and Miss Carter."

Mr Bell nodded at the student before she left, sighing as he rubbed a hand over his face.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Later on, Evie was on her way to Biology when she received a text from Missy asking her to come over straight away.

She instantly knew it must've been serious, so she slipped out of a side door and quickly ran from the school.

"Missy, what is it? What's wrong?" Evie asked, seeing her best friend upset. She was out of breath after running all the way to Missy's house.

"It's Nana." She said, glossy eyed. "She's dead."

Evie's eyes widened in shock and she immediately pulled her friend into a hug.

"We can't tell anyone, they'll take Hayley into care." She cried.

"It's okay, everything will be alright, I promise."

Missy had convinced Evie to go back to school due to her resitting the year, she didn't want her to miss out on more work.

They text Nas to come over and Evie waited till Nas arrived before she left, not wanting her best friend to be alone.

"Where were you last lesson?" Mr Bell appeared next to the girl as she walked into school at the end of lunchtime.

"Stalking. I believe this is called sir." Evie rolled her eyes.

"Very funny. You were bunking off." He replied. "You should be in isolation now."

"I went to get some painkillers that the doctors gave me if you must know, my heads been sore." She retorted feeling guilty for not being honest. Although she wasn't completely lying, she did have a headache. "I was drugged the other day sir."

His face softened and he nodded in understanding. "Do you want to go home?"

"No I'm alright now."

"Evie, you alright? You look a bit pale." Miss Carter smiled approaching the pair.

"I'm fine Miss, excuse me." The student replied before heading to her next lesson.

"Is she alright?" Mandy asked her husband.

"Yeah, she's fine." He shrugged.

Later that night Evie told Zack about Missy's Nana passing.

"You can't tell anyone Zack, they'll take Hayley into care." She said.

"So they're alone, like us." He sighed, feeling bad for the girls.

"Yeah." She mumbled. "Alone."

"We'll be there for each other eh." Zack smiled at his sister reassuringly.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The next day in Biology, Miss Shariff was having a go at Hayley for doing no work which resulted in her storming out of the classroom.

"Hayley!" Evie exclaimed getting up to follow her.

"Eh Evelyn, where do you think you're going?" The teacher asked.

"Oh piss off." She scoffed, also leaving the classroom.

The girls ended up in isolation with Miss Keane monitoring.

"Alright Hayley? Not like you to storm out of a class." She said. "Everything okay at home?"

"Just don't like her Miss." Hayley mumbled. "Don't like her hair, it annoys me."

Evie chuckled causing Miss Keane to give her a look. "Missy not in today?"

"She's off sick, period pains." Hayley replied, sharing a look with her friend. Missy was at the funeral directors today.

"Evie... Mr Bell and Mr Qureshi won't be happy to see you here." Miss Keane said to the older girl, disappointment all over her face.

Evie looked down at that. Disappointment. That's all she never wanted. She didn't want to let anyone down, her mum, her brother, her teachers. Not this year.

"She only came here cause I did Miss, she followed me to make sure I were alright." Hayley defended.

"Oh, then I apologise Evie but you missing lessons still isn't good."

"Yeah I know Miss, sorry." She mumbled, getting straight up and leaving when the bell went.

Missy had came into school at lunch time and after getting into a scuffle with Chloe, she sat in Miss Keane's room and told her everything.

It was now the end of the school day and Evie was walking through the halls with Cory who had rugby practice.

"You been alright, y'know since the other night." Cory asked.

"Fine, I wish everyone would stop asking me that." She complained.

"Ev, come on I know you." He pushed, trying to get her to open up.

They stopped outside, Cory sat on a wall and pulled Evie down next to him.

"What's going on Ev?" He gently asked.

"Everything." She whispered. "I've let everyone down, my mum, Zack. I told Mr Bell and Mr Qureshi I wouldn't drink much anymore and then someone drugs me in a club. Someone drugged me, someone roofied me." She said as if she'd just realised. Cory watched her process everything.

"Someone wanted to rape me." She whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"Evie." Cory said pulling the girl against his chest as she started sobbing.

"It's okay, I've got you... I'm here." He whispered, one hand on the back of her head and the other rubbing her back.

Mr Bell appeared from round the corner stopping at the sight of the pair, his eyes widened in concern. Cory quickly motioned for him to leave which he did.

"I'm sorry." Evie sniffed, wiping her eyes.

"Shut up, you've been through a lot recently, you don't apologise for getting upset alright?" He said.

"Yeah, thanks Cory." Evie hugged him before saying she had to meet up with Missy and let Cory go to rugby practice.

That evening, Evie, Missy, Hayley, Nas and Miss Keane stood at the top of a hill, overlooking the crematorium.

"Is that smoke Nana?" Hayley asked.

"Yeah." Missy replied.

"Did she have a favourite poem?" Miss Keane asked.

"She liked bat out of hell!" Hayley replied.

They all stared at the smoke when Missy started singing, Hayley soon joining in.

"Oh god." Evie giggled sharing a smile with Nas and Miss Keane.

The next morning Evie walked into school with Missy and Hayley after meeting them at the gate. Zack was in before school started for rugby training.

"Girls, Miss Carter would like a word." Lorraine, the receptionist, told Missy and Hayley.

"Wait for us." Missy said to Evie with a worried look on her face.

"Yeah, course." She smiled back watching the girls go into the head teachers office.

Mr Bell will be so delighted I'm missing form class she sarcastically thought to herself.

It wasn't long before Evie heard Missy's dulcet tones shouting and Hayley running from the room, a man quickly following her.

Oh god this isn't good she thought.

Missy soon followed, tears running down her face as she left the school.

"Missy!" Evie called, following her.

"I'll call you everyday!" Missy cried to Hayley who was in the back seat of a car.

Evie put the pieces together and realised Hayley had been taken away by a social worker.

"I love you!" Missy called to Hayley as the car left the school.

"C'mere." Evie whispered, a few tears escaping her own eyes, as she hugged her. Missy clung onto her best friend as she sobbed.

Miss Keane approached the girls, putting a hand on Missy's shoulder.

"Get off me!" Missy yelled running away from her, clearly blaming the teacher.

Evie quickly followed her best friend, not caring that she was going to miss more school.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hey all, thank you so much for the reads and votes!! I really appreciate it.

I just love Evie's relationship with Mr Bell, I just wanted to clear up that it's not romantic at all, that's odd.

I also don't have a specific love interest in mind for Evie so if anyone has any suggestions don't be shy

hope you're all well, much love
🖤🖤🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992K 17.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
270K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
22.9K 192 44
Lindsay Byrne is the daughter of Michael Byrne, the brand new headteacher at Waterloo Road Comprehensive. As much as she wants to settle in like a no...
2.5K 183 7
Hooked onto drugs, no family, no guidance or sanity until she met HIM. Cover Creds: @Triceynexttdoor ❤️ -BLICKY.