The way I love you

By Seana_memories

After Lana and Sean's life got turned upside down, they finally managed to settle as a newly formed family, l... More

1| Baby Talk
2| Nothing Is Right
3| Nightsky
4| A Queen Is Never Late
5| A Not So Normal Day
6| 10 Years Ago
7| Grouse Mountain
8| OutlawQueen (Part 1)
9| OutlawQueen (Part 2)
10| Words Of A Mother
11| Welcome To London
12| Starbucks Escape
13| Typical Days
14| City Of Love
15| Paris Days
16| Dancing In The Moonlight
17| Leo's Choice
18| Forever Together
19| Disney Expo
20| Hope Or Torture
21| Changing Mind
22| Saving The Day
23|Ultrasound
24| Little Bean
25| Gracian
26| Happy Birthday, Daddy
27| Big Sister
28 | Baby P
29| Where I Belong
30| Doctor Visit
31| My Dad's Name
32| RegalBeliever (Part 1)
33| RegalBeliever (Part 2)
34| Big Reveal
35| C. K. Parrilla
36| Never Lose Hope
37| We Will Figure It Out
39|I Missed You
40| Welcome To Our Family

38| Home

243 13 176
By Seana_memories

A/N: This is probably one of the longest chapters in a loooong time... But I couldn't help myself. It's also a chapter I really enjoy to be fair. Haha. Have fun!
___________________________________________

"What do you guys think?", Sean asked, standing in the middle of an empty house during the still warm LA sun, that was shining through some big modern glass windows, which brightened the room in a beautiful warm color.

The last two weeks passed for them quicker than they thought. Except for Lana, who was bored for life in the hospital but she promised to keep the baby safe and that's what she did.
Sean and the kids had packed up all their stuff in Vancouver with the help of lovely friends of the family, before driving all the way down to California again. Since Sean was basically on his own with the kids it felt like the longest journey in the world with thousands of toilet breaks since Amèlie was off the diapers and didn't even want to wear them for once and of course because of Lola and the other two, who needed to burn off some energy since all the snacks kind of sent them on a rush. The whole drive took them 5 days, since Sean didn't want to risk any accidents by him being too tired to drive, so they stayed at different hotels along the way to get proper rest.

Leaving Lana behind was the scariest thing in his life at that point but they simply hadn't had time to lose for finding a new house that they will call home for the rest of their lifes. They did discuss about staying in Canada until the baby was born but the main problem was that they couldn't call back the selling contract they had signed. They needed to be out of the house by the end of October, so Sean had to leave by himself with the kids, whilst all their packed boxes would be transferred by a company.

The only thing that calmed him down was the fact that Lana was pretty stable and was even improving since being in the hospital. Her blood pressure didn't reach any critical point since she arrived, so the resting process slowly showed a good impact on her and the baby.

After arriving in California they were back in their old home, with a lot of packed boxes and not so cozy environment, so Sean and the kids spend most of the time outside of the house, as well as going through all the potential homes Lana had picked out whilst being in hospital.

"It is... White...", Flynn said, turning once more around to have another look at the plain walls. The only thing that was already installed was a beautiful old-fashioned kitchen, made of nicely blue-colored wooden cabinets and a kitchen isles. It almost looked like Lana's previous one. It was the first house they visited that was completely empty and not furnished for most parts, but to be fair, the kids seemed to prefer this house over all the other ones they had seen since their imaginations already planned where to place all their toys and play areas.

Without another word and with Amèlie on his arm, Sean stepped outside into the wide garden with a pool and BBQ-area. They would even have the space to transfer the children's old sandpit, which was their favorite anyway but he had his doubts about getting this house ready in such a short amount of time. With another sigh, he turned to the backside, which was very beautiful indeed but his concerns still increased when thinking about decorating everything by himself since it would come with tons of work.

In the meantime his boys were doing the same, looking closely at every feature of the facade but in difference, to Sean, they saw their own little paradise right in front of them.

"This house will take some time... It hasn't got any furniture...", Sean spoke out the obvious, talking to his kids like they would actually understand the amount of work that would need to go into this building. "I don't think we can take it.", he confessed. "We only have 10 weeks left until the doctors wanna get your sister."

"But dad...", Leo said, pulling at his wrist, when he wanted to go back inside again.  "The other houses had... Very beautiful furniture but... It didn't feel like home.", he admitted.

"But we can make this one our home.", Flynn continued. "You just have to imagine, dad!", he chuckled. "I really love Mummy her living room. We can get it and put it in this house! And a Lola basket and a play area!", he chuckled. "Come on!", he said, pulling Sean inside. "Look. We have so many rooms. Lana can put all her music in this room and we need an office and our rooms. And a guest room of course. We can use some furniture from our house and some from Lana and create our own beautiful home!", he laughed. "Or we buy new things..."

"Are you selling this house to me?", Sean laughed.

"We are going to buy it daddy!", Leo grinned. "That's our home now. Yeah?", he smirked, looking into his father's eyes, which showed him how unsure he was about that project. "Can't you see it, dad?", he asked. "It's perfect... We just have to make it ours.", he grinned one more, before letting go of his father's hand.

Sean sighed again, letting Amèlie down to rub his temple. This was certainly the most perfect house for them, indeed. With a great garden and a perfect placement in a quiet safe area. His kids wouldn't even have to change school, since this street was basically just a five-minute walk to the school building. He turned once more, looking at the white walls that may could be his future home.

"Daddy!!", Amèlie squeaked, jumping excitedly through the room when the wind just blew some leaves through the open backdoor. The little girl ran right across the large space, only to pick up a perfect white feather. She admired it for a second before walking back to Sean, concentrating on not losing her precious treasure. "Look Dada!", she grinned, showing the feather proudly in his direction.

Sean couldn't help but smile. "She is even with us when she is not", he mumbled with a smirk. It was strange. He never believed in something outside of the Christian religion but since Lana and he decided to be together and especially since Lana told him more about her experiences with her dream world or spirituality, he kind of got the feeling that she was right. The feathers followed him when he needed a little push in the right direction and it was crazy how obvious they appeared each time, so yes, he did start to believe in something more...something he couldn't explain.

"Well...I guess we will need to hire some people to help us move to get everything in place, in time.", he smirked, picking the feather from Amèlie's fingers. "Hopefully your mother is going to like it.", he wondered. "She has quite some standards.", he laughed

"She will love it! And we will surprise her with it. She will come home to OUR home.", Flynn grinned, whilst Lola gave an enthusiastic bark to underline his statement.

*****

They started a whole renovation month with a lot of help and encouragement from family and friends. Deena and Lana's nephews worked hand in hand with Sean and Josh, who came by once in a while when he finished filming. They had daily help from Lana's Mom, who looked after the children with Candy and Soma, who specifically came from New York to get to know the little ones. They prepared them breakfast and school lunch since they already started school again, which was a huge help for Sean.

Trish was the one who coordinated everything in their new home since she was the one who knew exactly what Lana preferred and what her friend needed to feel comfortable. And a female eye on the whole renovation journey was really needed since Sean and his male friends weren't the best decorators.

Even the kids showed by, leaving their Handprints on one of the walls in the entrance hall. One for each of them and of course with some space left for Lana and the Baby's hand-signature.

It was hard For Sean not having Lana with him all the time or knowing that she was fine, holding her hands or keeping her company but unfortunately they didn't have time to wait any longer with the house.

"I miss you...", He confessed when calling her. Heavily breathing out. "It's hard not to have you here... How is BabyP?", he asked.

"It's getting better like... Really... Even though I am dying because of boredom. Honestly... Thank God for technology, so I can stay in contact with other people otherwise I would have gone mad by now. Jared just called and we had a great catch-up.", She smirked. "And my belly grew a lot over the last week.", she giggled. "I am constantly amazed by the size... Even though she is kicking hard sometimes. I need to have a serious talk with her when she comes out.", Lana laughed. "My symptoms stabilized... The doctor said it's only a mild case now. I didn't develop any worse problems... Meaning they will send me home in a couple of days.", she smiled. She had kept that secret for a while now since she didn't want to give her family false hope but she just checked with the doctor today and he said that she was stable enough to follow them to LA.

"Really?!? That's awesome!! Ohh Lana, I can't wait. Honestly. I just... Need you here. We have never been separated for that long since I met you, I believe.", he laughed. "Ignoring the times when you or I was filming.", he chuckled happily.

"That is actually true. And I miss you too. I just need your hugs and.... Just you. I need you so much.", she admitted. "And if we're lucky I will even be allowed to give birth naturally.", she smiled. "In a hospital still... Not at home... But that's okay, I guess. They have a hot tub as well.", she smiled.

"That's awesome.", he grinned. "Do they still wanna get her at 34 weeks though or later?", he asked.

"They wanna see and push it back to the end of the 34th week, which doesn't really make a difference but they still wanna get her early before I will develop any life-risking symptoms since delivery is the only 'treatment' there is.", Lana explained.

"I got it. Well, we will make it. I promise. You have no idea how beautiful it is to be here... There are like... Tons of friends who wanted to help us. I met quite some friends of yours, actually. Some I didn't know before.", he laughed. "Really nice people... And I am just amazed at how everyone is working together. Trish and your mum are helping me with the decorating, Soma is here for some weeks, and my friends are busy driving between your house, my house and this house. So yeah. It's a lot... But we are right on track."

"I can't wait to see you all. I am so thankful. Honestly. We will throw a big party for everyone once we settled", Lana smirked. "How is it going with the kids? Soma sent me some videos lately. Seems like she is raising Amèlie to be a true NewYorker", Lana laughed.

"Don't get me started... I am honestly not completely sure if I like everything she is picking up from Soma. I mean... Don't get me wrong but... Her vocabulary worries me sometimes. Amè just repeated 'fuck' for more than one time now.", he confessed.

"Soma???", Lana wondered. "I mean... I know that her slang can be quite rough but normally she doesn't use it around children or even in my presence... I honestly don't know what's going on. I tried to speak to her mother but she apparently knows nothing, Matthew doesn't talk to me about it and Soma herself cuts me off every time. There must be more to it... And I don't like it.", she said. "I will tell my mom that she should correct her because when I am doing it, she will know that we talked about her and she will shut down completely.", Lana sighed. "I will talk to her when I am coming to LA. Doctors said I should drive instead of fly since it's easier to get medical attention at the ground just in case anything should change."

"Got it. We will figure out how we will do that when it's time okay?", he smiled. "I just have to continue with the house. They brought over Flynn's toys and stuff.", he smiled.

"Alright. Bye then...and give all of them a kiss from me, yeah?", Lana smirked.

"I will do, definitely. Tonight, when everyone is calm. Tell Cartia that I love her.", he smirked, before ending the call.

Since all of the kids had outgrown their rooms, it was time to replace some furniture or pass it down to the younger family members.
Amèlie's old nursery furniture for example got a whole new makeover from one of Sean's friends, so they could reuse it whilst giving the nursery a whole different look than Amèlie's old one.

"What color should your room have though?", Sean asked Leo, who was sitting in the middle of his bedroom, which was still completely empty, which was contrary to Flynn's by now.

"Like... I don't know. I want animals on the wall.", he admitted. "Soma has it on her phone! She showed me different wallpaper and I picked one.", he said. "She showed it to me yesterday when we were playing with her camera.", he grinned "You know what? You have to look into Soma's phone and then you will get puppy ears and a tongue when you open your mouth! That's sooo funny!", he laughed.

Sean chuckled. "She showed you that? Oh well... At least you had fun. I am gonna ask her then.", Sean figured, going on a search for Lana's niece.

He just found her in the baby's room, decorating it with some precious personalized items she had ordered. All handmade and for playing when the child will get older and of course all completely Lana's style. Proper wood and no plastic for the baby.

Sean knocked on the door frame a little to get her attention. "You okay?", he asked since Soma turned quite quiet in the last few days and just like with Lana, he could just tell when something was off.

"Yeah. Just organizing a bit. Can't wait for Lana to see it.", she smiled. "I will finish in a minute and gonna take a break outside.", she said. "Just ehm... Do you have a lighter by any chance?"

"Ehm... No... No sorry... I don't smoke... Anymore.", he answered.

"Shit", she mumbled. "Well, gonna ask someone else then.", she answered, already turning to the door to leave.

"Yeah... Ehm... I was just here for Leo's bedroom? He said you showed him some pictures?"

"OH yeah. Can send them to you. Just looked a bit around with them yesterday since there are good references on Google.", she shortly smiled. "do you know when Lana arrives?", she asked furthermore.

"She should be here by next week. But she is still on strict bed rest. She is allowed home... But only in a lying or sitting position, so she won't be able to come here."

"Alright...", was the only thing Soma said, passing by Sean to have her break, but Sean held her gently back by her wrist, which caused the young woman to rip her hand out of his grip immediately, looking at Sean with an annoyed frown.
"Fuck off!"

"Woaw. Hey. I didn't want--I just... I just wanted to tell you that you can talk if there is something you need to get off your chest. I know, I have only known you a couple of weeks but..."

"Save it. Honestly. You're not my dad, so mind your own business. I am here to help Lana and that's it. So leave me alone. I am so fed up with men, honestly.", she said, stomping away.

"Well okayyy.", Sean said, heavily inhaling.

"fed up men.", Amèlie repeated from the other room with an almost evil giggle.

"Oh no....", Sean whined. "Amè. Don't repeat everything Soma says. I know you love her. But no.", he said eagerly, scooping her up from Flynn's bedroom, where she was playing.
"Let's call it an end for today. We worked hard.", Sean sighed. "Let's go back to our old house.", he sighed.

They all went back home, having an easy but still exhausting night routine before Sean texted his goodnight to Lana who was probably sleeping anyway by now. It was strange how much he could miss someone he was together with for almost a year 24/7.

When Sean woke up the next day, he immediately felt someone lying next to him even though he hadn't recognized any of the kids sneaking in during the night. When he opened his eyes, his sons were both laying on top of the blanket, having Amèlie between them, whilst slightly snoring peacefully. All he could do was smile and acknowledge the moment with his little monsters, even thinking about the fact that there will be one more joining them soon. Since they were back in LA, the kids had joined him more and more often since all of them missed Lana and they didn't feel the same without her in the house. To be fair...even Sean didn't want to sleep alone.

He didn't dare to move this morning since seeing his little ones all peaceful and quiet remained him about how much he cared and loved them.

So the only thing he did was snuggle with them until Amèlie was the first one who woke up, still all sleepy and cuddly. She searched her way over the boys to lay down in Sean's arms for another little wake-up time where she was quietly babbling stuff, not even her dad understood.

They actually had a busy start when all of them woke up with an easy breakfast and some fighting between the boys. What they didn't know was, that Lana was only a few minutes apart from them, getting almost nervously happy about seeing all of them again. Let's say: she loved making an entrance.

It was around lunchtime when she finally arrived at their old house. Her back did hurt more than ever because of the long drive, even though she had a friend driving her, so she could sleep.
But after spending almost 6 weeks monitored in hospital, she was fine with everything that wouldn't be a white room.

Sean was cleaning up something in the kitchen when her car pulled into the driveway. He stopped straight away in all his motions, looking outside, captured already by his girlfriend. His world stopped spinning when Lana got out of the car, revealing her extremely sweet baby bump that was enormous in comparison to the last time he saw his girlfriend. Her sweet smile down on the baby was the best and most peaceful version of a smirk combined with adoration and astonishment. Her beautiful black curls reached up to her chest, a bit tangled but still the most beautiful look in Sean's option. She didn't wear any makeup or lenses and only a simple summer dress that fitted perfectly over her round stomach, which was the sweetest he had ever seen.

"Daad. Daaaad?", Flynn asked for the fourth time, finally ripping his father out of his world and getting his attention.

"Eh... Yeah? Yeah?", Sean asked.

"What are you looking at?", he smirked.

"The most beautiful angel on this planet.", he smirked dreamingly before adding: "Your mum is home."

Flynn immediately looked outside of the window, before running to the front door. "Mummy!!", he yelled as loud as he could, also making Leo and Amèlie aware, who started running as well.

"Mama!!", Leo's voice was heard through the hallway on his way outside.

As soon as Lana saw them, she couldn't hold back the tears. Six weeks without seeing all of them in person was torture, especially since she knew exactly what they were working on and how busy they were whilst she was laying in bed all day.

Lana gently knelt down, opening her arms to greet the boys, who gladly knew exactly how gentle they had to be with her. Flynn flung his arms around her neck straight away, even if it wasn't that easy anymore because of how much space the baby demanded now.

"Your belly is soooo big!", he commented with a funny laugh, whilst Leo had to actually go on Lana's left side to even reach her properly.

"It is, isn't it?", Lana laughed. "Oh gosh I missed you so so much.", she smirked, giving both of them lots of kisses, almost squeezing them too hard. "I love you so much an--"

"Mummyyyyyy!!", Amè yelled from the porch, reaching out for her straight away, before deciding to run with her adorable little legs. "My Mummy!", she said, starting crying when she finally reached Lana, almost knocking her over by how desperately she was trying to get a proper hug around the belly.

"It's alright. Alright, sweetheart. I am home. I am home. Everything is OK.", she assured her little one. "You have grown again. I can't believe.", Lana laughed. She stayed like that for a few minutes, just cuddling with the kids, not even recognizing her friend, who unloaded some of her stuff.

And they needed exactly that time. Just sitting there in the middle of the driveway, cuddling and babbling. It was such a beautiful picture, so Sean didn't want to interrupt them. He stood casually leaning in the doorframe of the entrance, with a peaceful smile on his face and a lot of beautiful thoughts in his head. Seeing Lana with the stomach and their three children was like a sign that he had chosen the right person. For him, his family and for a whole lifetime.

Just when Lana's Bambi-brown eyes fell on Sean's, there was no way they could spend one more second apart. Lana gently stood up, with the kids by her side to walk inside. That's when Sean decided to finally move from his position, meeting her halfway to pull her into a long overdue hug. "You look so gorgeous.", he whispered, finally packing her lips with a softly but passionate kiss that sent him straight to heaven.
"You little liar, though. Coming next week, huh?", he chuckled.

"I love you so much. More than anything....I can't believe how lucky I am.", he added, not even giving her the chance to answer, softly placing his hands on both sides of her well-grown stomach.

"I love you too.", Lana smirked. "I need you so much. It felt so damn wrong knowing that you were even in a different country.", she admitted. "No more of this.", she admitted. "I wanna stay with you. Forever.", she said.

Sean just smiled, tucking one loose piece of hair behind her ear. "We will. I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 693 20
Mae thought she had her whole life planned out, she was going to marry her long time boyfriend, have a family, and just live this perfect life. But h...
19.8K 1K 52
It's all about a seemingly perfect family everyone can dote upon but behind it can you call it once again a Home when it did once break you all apart...
15.2K 774 40
Taking care of Sean's children was meant to be a simple favor from Lana, but turned quickly into much more, after Sean's life took an unexpected turn...
23.1K 686 59
When 3 Bestfriends Try To Balance Their Rocky Relationships They Thought Were Going To Last Forever They Start To Question What Forever Really Is.