A Bad Start - A Story By Fari...

بواسطة Ladyfaree

'No, it can't be. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for... المزيد

Chapter 1 - A Bad Start
Chapter 2 - The Promise
Chapter 3 - The News
Chapter 4 - The Flashback
Chapter 6 - Husna
Chapter 7 - The Confession
Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story
Chapter 9 - From Tanko To El-Muneer
Chapter 10 - The Portrait
Chapter 11 - Goodbye!
Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir
Chapter 13 - Crash!
Chapter 14 - Cairo
Chapter 15 - Oh Adila!!
Chapter 16 - Mrs. N
Chapter 17 - The Abduction!
Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??
Chapter 19 - Fate
Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia
Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!
Chapter 22 - Life
Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!
Chapter 24 - The Appointment
Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel
Chapter 26 - PayBack..
Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer
Chapter 28 - Forgiveness
Chapter 29 - The Mask Party
Chapter 30 - Decency!
Chapter 31 - Marital Bliss
Writer's Note 💜

Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro

45 10 3
بواسطة Ladyfaree

El-Muneer Mansion - 19th October, 2018.

Laura came home really early, she was over-excited about the outing - She felt Shazia needed it . It's been a while since they last went to their special spot.

'Laura, please let's wait till 4pm'. Shazia pleaded. 'It's too early now, I don't want to go out in this hot sun'.

'But Shazee it's just 2pm'. Laura pouted.

'It'll be 4pm before you know it. Please'.

'Okay, if you insist. Let me have a nap before then'.

Outside the mansion just some minutes after 4pm, Fahad parked his 2019 Lexus GS F and stylishly stepped out in traditional attire. Fahad is a petrolhead!

The escorts came to greet him and they exchanged pleasantries.

'It's been 4 days since the incident, why hasn't the guy been traced?'. He directed his question at Faruk.

'We are trying our best, Sir'. Faruk replied respectfully.

'Don't tell me you are becoming inefficient!' Fahad stated with raised eyebrows. 'How many 2017 Mercedes Benz GLA 250 do we have in Kaduna? 50? 100?' He snorted.

'It's not that, Sir. We've been searching, but it seems the car vanished in thin air'. Ibrahim responded.

'Find him soon! Whatever it takes'.

'Yes Sir'. They chorused.

Shazia and Laura stepped out of the entrance beautifully dressed in black Hessa Alfalasi Abayas. The escorts immediately dispersed.

'Yaya!' Shazia gave him a hug.

'How are you darling? You look beautiful! Where are you off to?'.

'I am fine, alhamdu lilLah. Pearls Bistro'.

'I see! Be safe please'. He kissed her forehead. She nodded.

'Good afternoon Yaya'. Laura greeted.

'How are you?'

'I am fine, alhamdu lilLah'. She replied looking down.

'Good'. He said, walking towards his Dome.

Laura was rooted to the spot, Yaya has been giving her attitude for months and she doesn't understand why. She tried to ask him about it severally but he never gave her the chance so she eventually gave up. She didn't involve Shazia because she knew even though Shazia tried her best to hide her sadness and her tears, she was going through a lot.

'Let's go. It's getting late'. Shazia said, holding her hands while walking towards the car. She noticed how cold Fahad was towards Laura but there was nothing she could do about it so she always feigned ignorance.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Naeem's Apartment - 19th October, 2018.

The trio were sitting in his parlor all busy on the phone when Husna, Naeem's cousin, stepped in.

'Assalamu alaikum'. She greeted them in her melodious voice. Naeem frowned.

'Wa alaikumussalam'. Khaleed and Aadeel replied, smiling.

'What are you doing here?' Naeem asked, trying hard not to lose his cool.

'I came to greet you Yaya. I haven't seen you since I came'. She sounded scared. She'll never get used to Naeem yelling at her. He always gives her a cold shoulder but what can she do? She's blindly in love with him.

'And when exactly did you come?'

'Two hours ago'. She replied. Naeem hissed and continued pressing his phone, ignoring her presence. She got tired of standing after almost 10 minutes and left the parlor in tears.

'You need to stop treating her this way Naeem. It's not a crime for a lady to be in love with a guy'. Khaleed advised.

'I didn't ask her to fall in love with me, did I?'. Naeem responded.

'She also didn't ask to fall in love with you. These things happen naturally'. Aadeel cautioned.

'With the way you have been treating her, do you think if she had her way she wouldn't stop loving you?' Khaleed asked. Naeem simply shrugged.

Husna ran into the main house crying as she made her way up the stairs. 'Husna! Husna!! Hajiya Saudah called from the living room, but Husna refused to stop.

'Let her be'. Alhaji Zayyan insisted. 'I am sure it's Naeem'.

'But Alhaji, Husna is your niece, won't you talk to him about this attitude? He is not being fair to this girl? We all know Husna's frequent visits are because of him'.

'As Naeem's father, I know Husna is the best choice for him and I will choose her for him a hundred times. But as Husna's father, I also know I can't force Naeem to accept her, that won't work out in her favor! If it's meant to be, it'll be. If it isn't, Almighty Allah will give her someone far better than him'. Hajiya Saudah only nodded.

Husna ran into Fatima's room and jumped on the bed crying. Khadija was in the room gisting with Fatima. Fatima and Husna are both 21 years old and in their final year in the university.

'Let me guess! Yaya embarrassed you as usual?'. Fatima questioned, to which Husna nodded. 'I just wish you'll stop loving him! If he doesn't see your worth, he doesn't deserve you'.

Husna sat up wiping her tears. 'Do you think if I had a choice I wouldn't stop? I've been suffering for 3 years. 3 good years Fatima!' She screamed. '3 years of loving someone who detests me. 3 years of trying and failing in love. I don't even know what I did to deserve this hatred'. The tears continued to seep down Husna's cheeks.

'He's my brother Husna, but I feel you deserve someone better. Someone who will love you more than he loves himself. Someone that will value you. Someone that will never let tears slip out of these beautiful eyes'. Khadija said, wiping Husna's tears with a handkerchief. 'Someone that will make you glad Yaya Naeem rejected you. Just keep praying to God for the best. He will surely grant you the best when the time is right God willing'. She gave Husna a hug.

If they had their way, Naeem would date and marry Husna. But they were helpless! Naeem doesn't even listen to them, his sisters.

'I'm going to Pearls Bistro'. Naeem announced to his friends, picking up the key to his new car. 'Is anyone coming along?'. He paused at the door.

'No, I'll pass. I have an appointment at 5:30'. Khaleed rejected.

'C'mon Khaleed, it'll be fun. It's been a while since we went there'. Aadeel pleaded.

'I have to go see one of Hajiya's friend's daughters'. Khaleed's mother has been sending him to her friends' houses to see their daughters so he can fall in love with one and get married.

'As usual'. Aadeel and Naeem chorused, bursting into fits of laughter. 'All the best man'.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Pearls Bistro - 19th October, 2018

Pearls Bistro is a top-notch restaurant located on Muhammadu Buhari Way. It has a wide entrance gate and tall walls surrounding the premises. Outside the Bistro is a wide parking space surrounded by beautiful flowers. There are 2 buildings on the premises; the main building and a smaller one which houses 3 kitchens  where meals are prepared.

In the main building, there's a white with a dash of gold large hall where diners are served and it is lavishly decorated with fresh flowers, tasteful artworks and large windows. The high beaming ceilings, tasteful artworks and interior decor add to the ambience.  There are a mixture of lounge chairs, restaurant bar stools, couches and bistro tables and also restaurant booths for customers to sit on whichever they prefer. The epoxy resin tables and molded plastic chairs are nicely spaced out, well arranged and the tables are neatly set with silverware . The foods served are amazing  with perfect blends of flavors, the customer service is splendid and all staff are professionals. There are female and male restrooms down the hall.

Pearls Bistro is Shazia's favourite spot and with her frequent visits in the past, one might think she owns the place but she doesn't.. However, Fahad El-Muneer does! He insisted Shazia gets free services at the Bistro but she rejected it, always paying her bills. In her words, 'family and friends shouldn't destroy one's business'.

The Convoy parked at the parking lot and two escorts - Ahmad and Faruk who were in the same car with the ladies - opened the doors for them and they elegantly stepped out.

'We will be here if you need us, Miss'. Ahmad assured her, to which she nodded.

The Bistro staff lined up with smiles on their faces  as they saw Shazia and Laura approach the entrance; they've missed Shazia, she's their most treasured customer. Why wouldn't she be? She's Shazia El-Muneer and Fahad's prized possession after all!!

'Hello Miss El-Muneer, welcome back to Pearls Bistro. Hello Mrs. Laura'. They all greeted them, full of smiles.

'Thank you, how have you been?'. She asked, returning the smile.

'We have been doing well, but we really missed you'. Elizabeth and Basma informed her. She was taken to her favourite place, which is the extreme right end of the bistro consisting of epoxy resin tables and Arne Jacobsen Swan Lounge Arm-Chairs and the duo sat. Laura took the menu and immediately ordered, she was starving.

'I'll have my usual Surf and Turf and also a café mocha please. '. Shazia ordered.

'Coming right up Miss'. The waiters left to get the orders and came back some few minutes later with the dishes. The table was well set and Shazia dialled Faruk's number. He came into the Bistro instantaneously.

'Order what you six want and settle the bills please'. She said, giving him a credit card.

'Yes Miss'. He left. The ladies dug into their delicious meals.

Some 20 minutes later while the ladies were almost done eating, Naeem's Range Rover Evoque parked in the parking lot some few metres away from Shazia's convoy and the duo stepped out in their polo shirts and jeans, walking past the escorts. The escorts were too engrossed in their meals to notice them.

Naeem and Aadeel took a table directly opposite Shazia's but they didn't notice her; Naeem was facing her. They ordered their meals and were all on their phone while waiting.

Some minutes later, Shazia raised her head up and her eyes were wide with fear as she saw Naeem. 'Let's go please'. She begged Laura, looking at their direction without blinking.

'But Shazee, I am not done. Please just 5 more minutes'.

'We need to go now. Please'. She was still staring at the direction while struggling to stand up from her seat so Laura turned to see what she was staring at and only saw two guys minding their business, eating. 'Meet me in the car'. She uttered, almost running. Laura had no choice but to also get up.

The pace at which Shazia passed the men was what drew their attention to her but she was already walking towards the door backing them so they didn't see the face.

'Why is this lady in such a hurry?'. Naeem wondered to himself.

The escorts saw her coming and Ahmad instantly opened the door for her and she got in, panting. Laura sat on the other side, handing a bottle of water to her which she gulped down at once. 'Let's go home please'. She ordered, catching her breath.

As the 3 cars were leaving the gate of the Bistro, Naeem who was facing the direction noticed the plate numbers. 'Is E-M S not Shazia El-Muneer?'. He asked Aadeel.

'Yes, why?'

'She was the lady that left in a hurry. I wish I had met her even if it was just for a few minutes'. Naeem sighed.

End of Chapter 5

Hmmm, what do you think will happen in the next chapter? Will the escorts see him? Will the girls inform them?

Please like, share and comment.

Thank you 💜💜

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

368K 21.1K 97
|| HIGHEST RANK - #1 IN HIJABI ON 15/6/2019 || || HIGHEST RANK - #1 IN ISLAM ON 11/7/2019 || || HIGHEST RANK - #1 IN SPIRITUAL ON 11/7/2019 || || HIG...
666K 25.6K 46
"I'm coming directly to the point. I'm not interested in this marriage. I'm only here because of the pressure from the elders. At the moment, I'm dat...
311K 19.9K 46
She loved him. He loved another. She was ready to die for him. He pretended to be oblivious to that. She was...
13.5K 4.9K 43
Misfortune. Easy to pronounce yet difficult to face. * *blurb* "In the dim light of her room, amidst a storm of emotions, she shatters her glasses...