Jasper's Sunshine

By Kili-Loverxx

Imogen Sierra Swan has always loved her Dad and had quickly become the sunshine in his life. But when the Cul... More

Cast
Mood boards
Act One: Pre-Twilight
Prologue
Chapter One, Unexpected Surprises
Chapter Two, New Beginnings
Chapter Three, Practice, Practice, Practice
Trailer
Chapter Four, Swan Lake
Chapter Five, Imogen's Birthday Surprise
Chapter Six, Epiphany ๏ฟผ
Chapter Seven, Samhain and Ring Creation
Chapter Nine, Holidaying in Santorini
Act Two
Chapter Ten, First and Second Year Anniversaries

Chapter Eight, Yule and Surfing

1.9K 83 34
By Kili-Loverxx

Chapter Eight, Yule and Surfing

Nearly two months had passed since the Cullens had been given rings to help them blend in better with society and Yule or December 21st was just around the corner, meaning it was time to decorate the Swan house once more. It was also, however; almost two months since Jasper had received the best gift he could possibly ask for when he had the chance to communicate with the spirit of his baby sister Mary-Anne and it filled him with relief and a bitter sweet feeling anytime he thought about it.

~ Flashback ~

As Imogen, Ella and Leah finished chanting the flames of the candles flickered and surged higher for a moment and for a brief second - a second that still fills him with shame - he was overwhelmed with disappointment, before he forcibly shook those thoughts from his mind; he knew he should be grateful for them trying to do something so kind for him, only for Imogen's small hand to suddenly squeeze his larger - and now, much warmer - one, washing away all trace of self loathing from his mind.

"Just wait." She whispered, smiling reassuringly at him, and not at all mad at the thoughts and disappointment that had filled Jasper a moment prior when he feared the spell had not worked. Instead, like always, Immy was understanding, she understood. Not a moment later the warmth of the room suddenly turned cold as if they had left the window open in the late autumn weather of Forks, and before Jasper's very eyes the adult version - she seemed to be in her late thirties - of his little sister materialised before him. And although she was older than what he remembered her to be there could be no mistaking that this was indeed his baby sister Mary-Anne. He could recognise those honey curls, warm chocolate brown mischievous eyes and teasing smile anywhere.

"Mary-Anne?" Jasper whispered hoarsely, his - now brown eyes - filled with tears that fell down his cheeks like a never ending waterfall.
"JJ?" His baby sister gasped, darting into his arms sobbing into his chest. For this one-time only and for this time of year she could finally, finally be held in her brother's arms who she hadn't seen since she was ten and he sacrificed himself for her and their parents. "It's been too long, too long." Mary-Anne sobbed, hugging her brother tighter, afraid to let go as he cried into her hair purging all the negative emotions he's kept inside since that fateful day when they were separated. "I've missed you so much!"

"An' Ah yawl, liddel mischief!" Jasper gasped, kissing the top of her head as he closed his eyes, relishing having his sister with him for a time being once more. "Ahm, so sorry." He apologised, he never meant to part from her, but he also knew if he hadn't he wouldn't have met his soulmate and it seemed his sister - like always - was on the same wavelength as him.
"Don't!" She demanded firmly, in a southern accent much thicker than Jasper's. "It wuz nevur chur fault, yawl saved may, Ma an Pa, an way an Francis is so proud uh yawl! You've met chur soulmate who has given us thus gift. Cuz uh yawl, Ah met mah soulmate, an named mah two eldest sons after mah big brothers who gave thur lives fahwar mine. Ah tode mah kids, hawhsband, an grandchildren stories uh thur Uncles an evur day way lived up tuh yawl, tuh make yawl proud."

"I was always proud of you!" Jasper insisted, cupping his sister's cheeks and willing her to believe him. "I just wanted you to live and be happy."
"An Ah did. Ah knew yawl wuz, yawl both wuz." Mary-Anne argued. "I knew one day I would see you once more and it's now your turn to live and be happy, Jasper, you've suffered so much but finally you've found someone I'm honoured to call my sister." Mary-Anne turned and beamed at Imogen who smiled a watery smile back. "Promise me, JJ. Promise me you'll be happy from now on? We all want that for you."

"I promise. I love you so, so much." Jasper promised, wiping away his sister's tears as he pulled her into a tight embrace and kiss to the temple once again.
"That's all we could want. And I love you more." Mary-Anne whispered, kissing her brother's cheek before she returned to her eternal rest at peace knowing her brother - secretly her favourite brother - was safe and loved.

~ End of Flashback ~

"....asper? Jasper? Jasper?" Charlie's voice pulled Jasper from his memories of his sister to see his girlfriend's father looking at him extremely concerned as Jasper stood frozen in place, mistletoe clasped in his slack hand. "Are you alright?"
"Oh! Charlie, yes, yes I'm fine." Jasper assured with a tight smile, hanging up the mistletoe in the doorway. "I was just lost in thought over my sister. I'm still blown away that Immy, Ella and Leah did that." He whispered, still feeling rather shocked.
"Well, my Sunshine cares a great deal for you, and those three girls would do anything for each other." Charlie assured him, as the pair finished hanging up the Yule decorations downstairs while Imogen, Ella and Leah did up stairs and Rosalie, Emmett, Alice and Storm did both the gardens and the outside of the house.

"And I, her. She means everything to me." Jasper insisted, Charlie just nodded with a beaming smile clapping Jasper on the shoulder as he passed, letting Jasper know without words that he knew. Climbing off the small stepping-stool Jasper took stock of the Swan house in amazement he had thought that the house looked amazing at Samhain or Halloween but this was breathtaking, it looked like a grotto without going overboard or being overpowering. In the corner of the living room stood a large Fir tree decorated in midnight blue and gold, a wreath made of pine cones, blessed thistle, Evergreens, Citrus, Holly and Yew hung on the front door. While smaller ones made of Apple, Birch, Cedar, Oak, Juniper and Chestnut decorated the mantlepiece and the altar table.

In amongst the wreaths were candles of red, green, white and silver, bells, Yule Crystals and stones (Bloodstone, Clear Quartz, Emerald, Garnet, Ruby and Diamond); sun symbols, goddess figures, reindeer and snowflakes while in the fireplace burned a fresh Yule log. It was beautiful and Jasper was happy to celebrate and take part with his beloved sunshine. Yule was much like Christmas in retrospect: you spent it with family by a fireplace, drinking spiced apple cider, hot chocolate, gingerbread etc, the only difference being where you watch the sunrise on Yule (December 21st), get outside in nature and bless all your things. Including wiring down your anger, put in a jar of water and freeze it; bless your home, embrace your inner light, heal emotional wounds and explore the meaning of balance in your life. It was all very interesting to Jasper and the best bit - for him - was he got to also celebrate Christmas with Imogen, Charlie and his family on the 25th; something that both Charlie and Imogen insisted on.

***

"Jasper, would you like to come away to Santorini with Imogen and I in the summer?" Charlie asked suddenly, cheering as Imogen showed off her surfing skills as she raced against the boys on the Rez. It was Boxing Day and like every year Imogen and her friends surfed with their parents cheering them on, only this time Jasper was invited and welcomed onto the Rez.
"Oh! I.. err... thank you Charlie but-" Jasper stuttered, suddenly unsure on what he should say.
"Think about it." Charlie interrupted, patting Jasper's shoulder. "We go in mid July for two weeks, talk it over with Esme and Carlisle if you wish but the offer is there. Just thought you'd like to enjoy the sunshine and hot weather.

But you won't be staying in the same room as my daughter and nor will there be any funny business!" He warned sternly, glaring slightly.
"Of course Charlie and thank you." Jasper replied happily, cheering as Imogen won once more. His life had really changed for the better and he couldn't be happier or more grateful that he'd stuck with the Cullens for so long; otherwise how else would he have met his gorgeous Sunshine.

Alona Tal as Mary-Anne Whitlock.

Author's note:

DO NOT ask me to update there are other ways to tell me you like this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 24.7K 75
This story is complete and Edited โš ๏ธWarningโš ๏ธ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that show S...
130K 2.4K 9
Summary: Alexia Swan is the eldest daughter of Charlie Swan and Renee Dwyer. She has the 'perfect life.' Amazing grades. Perfect boyfriend. When her...
312K 2.3K 12
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...
291K 7.5K 22
phosยทphenes /หˆfรคsfฤ“n/ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ซ "๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ" ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐› ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ. - Summer was the complet...