My sweet escape | cb

By bitchyvvitchy

In which a drunken boy flirts with his bartender Start date: june 14, 2022 Finish date: july 30, 2022 More

introduction + playlist
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one

twenty-seven

2.5K 60 15
By bitchyvvitchy

The bass of the music was rocking. I was so happy everyone could make it out to my birthday party the boys planned out for me.

I couldn't believe how many people showed up to it. I had been drinking for the past hour and a half and I was feeling it.

As I was dancing with Stas in the living room, I saw Colby come over towards us.

Ever since our date and hooking up, we couldn't be happier. It was also hard to separate us.

We've been together almost every second. Everyone's annoyed with us, but we don't care.

"You're needed in the kitchen birthday girl." Colby rasped in my ear.

I nodded and looked over at Stas. "Wanna come with?" She nodded and followed us into the kitchen.

When I went in there, I saw Nolan standing in there with a cake. I started smiling widely.

Colby helped me on the counter as the music started to die down. Colby stood up on the counter with us, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Look, I know we did this a month ago, but I don't care." Colby looks down at me, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"But today is a special person's birthday." He smiled towards me.

I stayed quiet while he spoke to everyone. "Today is my lovely girlfriends birthday so please help me sing happy birthday to her."

He counted down and the whole place erupted in singing me happy birthday. I now know how Nolan feels whenever everyone sang him happy birthday.

It was an amazing feeling. Once they were done, I blew out the candles. Everyone started cheering, making me smile.

As I got off the counter, everyone started partying again. The group and myself all stood in the kitchen and took multiple shots.

Let me tell you, the boys really know how to throw a party. We were all up, drinking and partying until the sun came up.

Colby and I didn't lay down until seven that morning. For the next couple of days, I spent it hungover at Colby's.

Most of us spent the day laying around in pain. The hangover was definitely worth it.

Once I was feeling better, my mom wanted to have a homecooked meal for me.

So at the moment, Colby and I are currently on the way to her house.

"I'm so excited to have your moms cooking." He smiled while thinking about it.

I laughed while I kept my eyes on the road. "I'm sure she's excited to see you." I tease him.

Even though I'm teasing him, I know my mom truly loves him. I don't think I've ever seen my mom like a guy this much.

I think she's starting to look at her as one of her own, and I love it honestly.

When we walk inside the house, I could instantly smell the meatloaf.

Nolan wasn't here yet knowing he was coming here right from work.

My mom smiles at us whenever we walked inside the kitchen.

"There's my birthday girl." My mom cheers. I laugh whenever she wraps me up in a hug.

"Mom, my birthday was two days ago." I laugh at her. She rolls her eyes whenever she pulls me away.

"I know but I didn't get to see you much for your birthday so this is making up for it." She admits to me.

I just shrug while she turns over to Colby. The two start talking to each other while I stand back to watch.

I loved seeing them get along. Once they were done catching up, she looked over at me.

"So, how was the party?" She asked making conversation. As we started explaining it, my brother walked in.

I went over towards him and messed up his hair. He swatted my hand away and backed up.

"Why? Why are you like this?" He laughed at me. I just shrug while looking at him.

"I'm your older sister and it's funny." He flips me off causing me to laugh.

When the food was done, we all made our plates and sat down.

"So, you two look like you're getting pretty serious." My mom pointed out.

I almost choked on my food. I could hear Nolan snicker from across from me.

"Mom." I warn. She looks at me with a worried expression.

"It's okay, Nancy. We haven't been dating for a long time." I haven't told my mom about how Colby and I shared our feelings.

Or that we hooked up. We talk for a while and finished eating dinner.

When we finished, I helped my mom clean everything up while Nolan showed Colby all his skateboards.

"That boy is in love with you." She smiled towards me. Even though I already knew, I was blushing a little bit.

She's always right. "Momma, we've only been dating for a month." I try to tell her.

She shook her head towards me. "Love has no time limit. I know when two people are in love." I could tell she got sad for a moment.

I frowned while looking at her. "Do you think you'll fall in love again?" I ask seriously.

I never asked this, but I was always curious. She sighed for a moment.

"Maybe one day. Your father fucked me up pretty bad." That makes two of us.

"Have you heard from him?" I ask curiously. I could tell she was thinking.

"Last I heard he was at a rehab facility in Nebraska." Dad's getting clean?

My father has been on drugs since I was a little girl. He was kicked out when I was nine, and he called me a year later, asking for money.

I haven't heard from him in years. If it's true, I wonder why he's getting sober now. I guess my mom could see I was nervous at the thought.

"Don't worry about it. I doubt he'll come around." She honestly speaks. I could hear the boys footsteps come rushing in here.

"Who's coming around?" Nolan asked. They both had skateboards in their hands signalling their going to ride.

I inhale a deep breath before speaking. "No one. Be careful, Colby." I eye him.

He shrugs it off, making a noise. "I hang out with ghosts. I'm not afraid of anything." Before I could say anything, they ran outside.

My mom and I finished dishes and sat on the couch and ate dessert. I honestly loved having this girl time with my mom.

They were outside skateboarding for a good hour or two before coming inside.

Nolan said he had to leave because he has an early shift so I figured we could leave too.

We all shared our goodbyes and made our separate ways. It was silent for a moment while I started to drive back to the apartment.

Colby was spending the night there with me. "Is everything okay?" He asked about my silence.

"My dad's apparently in rehab." I tell him. I know I can trust him with the shit on my mind. I could hear the breath catch in his throat.

"Where?" He simply asked. I could tell he didn't really know what to say.

"Nebraska." I tell him while thinking about it. I wonder how long he's been in rehab for.

And when he gets out, I wonder if he'll come back to try to see us.

"You think you'll see him again?" He asked curiously. I try to keep my eyes focused on the road.

I also try to control my breathing. "I haven't seen him in over ten years. I don't even know if he looks the same." I speak.

I bite my lip while I think about it. "Even if I do see him, I wouldn't know what to say. I might just get angry and cuss him out."

There's always going to be anger within me about what my dad did to me, my mom, and Nolan.

He could've stayed and gotten sober. But he chose the drugs and pills instead.

"Whatever you're feeling, it's valid. Just remember I'm here." He reassured me.

And just like, he eased my mind from everything. He grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers.

This man is a blessing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 555 23
In which a girl is forced to go to a party to meet new people and meets a boy
47.2K 858 27
In which a girl is living her dream, but she's thinking about an ex Start date: january 11, 2022 End date: february 9, 2022 [real life + social medi...
70.5K 2.6K 16
You can't break the rules and expect nothing to happen. It's all about balance. || COMPLETED ||
133K 2.1K 33
In which a girl meets her celebrity crush