The Lady In The lake || The W...

By Yuriko_Shirayuki

[UNEDITED] The tale of an unbearing sinner whose tired of living and achieved her wish by death but suddenly... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ⚛️ New Life
Chapter 2 ⚛️ Milady
Chapter 3 ⚛️ Finding About Myself
Chapter 4 ⚛️ Razian Empire
Chapter 5 ☪️ Head Knight
Chapter 6 ☪ My Daughter
Chapter 7 ☪️ I decided
Chapter 8 ☪️ Godforsaken, Stop!
Chapter 9 ☪ Crown Prince
Chapter 10 ☪ His Proposal
Chapter 11 ☪ The Secret Lover
Chapter 12 ☪ The Cat And His Muse
Chapter 13 ☪ The Danger That Awaits
Chapter 14 ☪ Lady Knight
Chapter 15 ☪ Journey To House Cullian
Chapter 16 ☪ Journey To House Cullian [Part 1]
Chapter 17 ☪ Journey To House Cullian (Part 2)
Chapter 18 ☪ Journey To House Cullian (Part 3)
Chapter 19 ☪ Battle Fatigue
Chapter 20 ☪ We Made It!
Chapter 21 ☪ Have A Tea?
Chapter 22 ☪ Mother's Warmth
Chapter 23 ☪ Dinner With The Couples
Chapter 24 ☪ House Krul
Chapter 25 ☪ Change Of Plan
Chapter 26 ☪ Kindhearted
Chapter 27 ☪ Forseen Movement
Chapter 28 ☪ The Alliance Of Scums
Chapter 29 ☪ Lady Lucia
Chapter 30 ☪ Going Back Home
Chapter 31 ☪ Going Back Home (Part 1)
Chapter 32 ☪ Scolded
Chapter 33 ☪ Scolded (Part 1)
Chapter 34 ☪ Nightmares And Oblivious
Chapter 35 ☪ Tea Party With The Future Empress
Chapter 36 ☪ Advancement
Chapter 37 ☪ Getting Rid Of Spies
Chapter 38 ☪ Problems
Chapter 39 ☪ Art Of Teaching
Afterwards
The Warrior Series Official Trailer

Epilogue

38 6 0
By Yuriko_Shirayuki

   "Fight? Train?" Dores immediately turn around with his face filled of fright and terror as he looked at me. This made me chuckle and nodded. "Yes, why do you have a problem?" 

    I remember that the last time we spar, he cried out because he couldn't defeat me and now he's making the same face as the one who loses a battle. Of course, fighting him is necessary by all means! 

    It is for his own sake. Plus, considering that he doesn't improve is more annoying as you could guess so I nodded my head in pleasure. "Then, can you restrain breaking my bones like you did last time?" He gave me an unreasonable look and nodded. 

    "That depends," I soon heard him click his tongue. "That's not very helpful, milady!" 

    I laughed and nodded. "Well, why not start being more attentive and try doing your best?" He wasn't even trying for pit' sake, so I had to make him learn all kinds of improvements. 

    I guess you could say that he wasn't really talented with swords. He is more on defense than offense, so probably that is why. He may not be able to learn swords with shields. 

    Looking at his past works, I could already say that he makes different kinds of decisions, and that is he has low self-esteem to himself as an individual. 

    Even after trying to find him fits, there was nothing I could do about his arrogance and prescription as an individual without prior authorization making me think that everything he does doesn't make sense. 

    So I decided to lend him that book. Hoping he has the will to learn and read it. This way he won't be the only one who's going to be left behind, and I didn't want that for my people to be so. 

    I'll be doing this. For a while or until I'll be at that age. Still I want to learn more about swords in this world. 

--+-•-+--

    Chill haunted me down to my spin, as Anna— my personal maid immediately took a corset from my wardrobe. Still only seeing the corset makes my bones go numb, but that didn't stop Anna from pursuing her evil smile. 

    "The time has come milady," I quietly looked at her and then turned around hoping to escape. "Don't try milady, I've had Sir Adrian surround your chamber," what? Did she just pursue my men to betray me? 

    Unbelievable. "Anna, one more and you'll lose that corset tomorrow," I heard noble ladies wear this kind to straighten the layers of their dress and basically it's painful plus I get that I am in the age to use this kind of fashion but this I cannot endure. 

    My pride won't let me get it. I clenched my fists and looked at her. "Don't worry milady, it is very occasional, plus this is the first ever banquet held by the master," that's true, once in a 5 years, a banquet was held around the marquess residence to celebrate the annual anniversary of the Elkasta Valé Mura. 

    Elkasta Valé Mura was an old tradition by our ancestors that was passed down to generations of the Crambell household. It is to celebrate an annual day for the God who gave birth to the heroes of the cathedral, the one born from the crystals of God, and it was one of the many legends thousand years ago. 

    It was very important for the whole empire. So instead of celebrating the event at the palace, it was all decided to celebrate it within the marquess territory in the northern west. Since our estate is very much like the capital, wide and vast while of course we manage trade well. 

    Currently, we have been on the estate for that sole reason. The banquet will be held today in the afternoon and father will be introducing someone to the stage. I believe it will be the successor which he had hidden for 2 months. 

    "Forget it, I will not attend if the requirement is to use such a dress code," I mumbled and stood up but then Anna blocked my way. 

    "You cannot milady!" 

    "Why? Is it not allowed?"

    She shook her head and then she held my shoulders. "This event is very important to the Marquis, it will be very disrespectful if the first child is missing in the event, plus this is like a founding event, so please reconsider it milady."

    Thought it was stupid. She was right. This event was one of the trusted banquets my father had managed, and the emperor trusted him and our family to complete this mission and have a successful event that will be remembered.

    I clenched my fist and then a few seconds before I looked back at Anna. "Fine, if this is very important to the estate, I will not complain."

--+-•-+--

    Awe... Jeez, the pain! 

    I gave a long exhale and nodded. This is for the family, so I must endure it. I will not dishonor my father, not ever will I do so. Yes, I'll be fine now. 

    When I entered the hallway leading to the banquet hall, the marble like below me echoed as each step clung to my shoe, the images of walls and the extra design made my eyes open, everything was planned according to the decorations.

    The candle light was so many to ensure that it would light up everything in the darkness. As well as magic. It was splendid, this world may be different to the place which I came from but I enjoy my time here. 

    Everyone was nice to me, and everyone let me have a good life. I had a father I cannot have before, friends I can call— servants and knights to protect me. I wasn't anymore that child who long become numb and thinks her responsibility is to kill or carry the burden of a reaper. 

    She was now a noble lady. Adored by everyone. She has the choice, and she can have a life. 

    That is why I was glad and happy. It was my memories that I think would torment me but I have everyone to think for me. 

    This is much the definition of change. 

    The door leading to the banquet hall was just up ahead and when I was about to move forward. Some— a 13 year old kid bumped into me, like he was, I didn't even see him, and he just passed through me.

    Of course I didn't fall, I just held into myself and had to balance my legs and body to avoid falling. When I look at the one who bumps into me, I give a daring gaze. 

    That boy felt— he was just looking at me very seriously. His expression didn't fit anything like his age, those eyes I have never seen, hair that looked like it was about to explode and his expression was no different from mine, a warrior. 

    I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was so different from any children I had met in this world, his eyes were so cold, It was so— empty as if looking through a mirror... His pale dark skin, no porcelain, was shining through the glimpse of sun. 

    The child mumbled, "a-are y-ou okay?" he uttered and that was then that I was able to recover. 

    "Who are you?" I ask in a suspicious tune. He might be one of the guests, looking at his clothes too. 

    "I am s—" 

    The moment I heard his name was also that moment when we suddenly heard a loud sound echoing in front of us, and I meet fathers gaze not long. When I turned around, the boy was gone and father carefully approached me. 

    "Let's go?" I nodded and smiled before I held my father's fingers. 

    I wonder... Who was that...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 6 31
PG 13: no smut Reincarnated in a world where magic exists horses have riders and tea parties are a usual occurrence. Anything is possible, you have n...
4.1K 136 11
You're a college student living at home and working multiple part-time jobs to make ends meet. Neglected by your family you're forced into isolation...
2.4K 49 15
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
188 13 11
Sometimes the best knight is a damsel. In a world where women are seen as weak, defenceless creatures for men to protect and own, one orphan girl wan...