The Lady In The lake || The W...

By Yuriko_Shirayuki

[UNEDITED] The tale of an unbearing sinner whose tired of living and achieved her wish by death but suddenly... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ⚛️ New Life
Chapter 2 ⚛️ Milady
Chapter 3 ⚛️ Finding About Myself
Chapter 4 ⚛️ Razian Empire
Chapter 5 ☪️ Head Knight
Chapter 6 ☪ My Daughter
Chapter 7 ☪️ I decided
Chapter 8 ☪️ Godforsaken, Stop!
Chapter 9 ☪ Crown Prince
Chapter 10 ☪ His Proposal
Chapter 11 ☪ The Secret Lover
Chapter 12 ☪ The Cat And His Muse
Chapter 13 ☪ The Danger That Awaits
Chapter 14 ☪ Lady Knight
Chapter 15 ☪ Journey To House Cullian
Chapter 16 ☪ Journey To House Cullian [Part 1]
Chapter 17 ☪ Journey To House Cullian (Part 2)
Chapter 18 ☪ Journey To House Cullian (Part 3)
Chapter 19 ☪ Battle Fatigue
Chapter 20 ☪ We Made It!
Chapter 21 ☪ Have A Tea?
Chapter 22 ☪ Mother's Warmth
Chapter 23 ☪ Dinner With The Couples
Chapter 24 ☪ House Krul
Chapter 25 ☪ Change Of Plan
Chapter 26 ☪ Kindhearted
Chapter 27 ☪ Forseen Movement
Chapter 28 ☪ The Alliance Of Scums
Chapter 29 ☪ Lady Lucia
Chapter 30 ☪ Going Back Home
Chapter 31 ☪ Going Back Home (Part 1)
Chapter 32 ☪ Scolded
Chapter 34 ☪ Nightmares And Oblivious
Chapter 35 ☪ Tea Party With The Future Empress
Chapter 36 ☪ Advancement
Chapter 37 ☪ Getting Rid Of Spies
Chapter 38 ☪ Problems
Chapter 39 ☪ Art Of Teaching
Epilogue
Afterwards
The Warrior Series Official Trailer

Chapter 33 ☪ Scolded (Part 1)

19 5 0
By Yuriko_Shirayuki

[ Elise Dame Point Of View ]

    My name is Elise, the first female dame who was able to attain a license as a female doctor— surgeon or as much as it is called. I was 15 when I became interested in medicine, much as how I ended up begging my father to join a medical school where only we're boys were allowed. 

    As far as I know, women have limited access to courses in this era, no woman or much allowed to enter the field of men. Basically, courses such as court, organizer, managing and basically politics if not for the current empress that hated knights. 

    Not all courses much like fencing, swordsplay, doctor ( surgeon, physician or even pharmacist ) that is why lesser scholars like ( me ) a mere woman trying to achieve the basics of becoming a doctor, have to by any means work hard to attain it. 

    It wasn't as simple as saying that I want it. I have to convince the entire empire, save millions and even convince nobles into recommending me. It wasn't that simple and easy, I had to work harder and more bolder than before just to become a doctor with full access and license. 

    Despite my persistence, my father didn't think that I'd succeed even if it's just a little hope so he sent me off to a medical academy under one condition. ( To Quit ) and leave this ambition of mine once I fully grow tired of it, I didn't think he'd say that but I left my house filled with confidence.

    Since I was a kid, the passion of saving lives of both noble and commoner had struck down my head. I was amazed how doctors do their jobs, indulging me to read medical books of basic and professional status of the medical field. 

    Every once a week, I will visit the Royal Palace to sneak medical books out of the library. If not, I'll go by the Crambell Residence and read books there because I have come to have access to the library which was dedicated to the scholars of the Crambell Family. 

    We read books,  take a look at the most rare items that aren't even found in the Royal Library and we can access information that is placed in the Crambell Library. 

    Amongst the nobles that I have come to know, or meet just to convince them of my situation. No one would bother thinking about a 19 years old dream, probably because they think it's useless to help me with this goal I set myself. 

    No one appreciates women of talent, we are basically witch if they found out that we can do what men do. Equality of gender, is something by far Razian Empire cannot attain, since the discrimination itself started from the empress to another empress that hated men. 

    Now, we should follow them as well. But not everyone is as obedient as to throw their passion for someone else's sake, I myself know that. 

    Even my father laughs at me for being a foolish girl who knows nothing. I was born in a family of a Count, my father is the Count Rushein, he was the formerly new noble businessman who had taken the empire by surprise and the emperor bestowed us the title count as an aristocrat. 

    As the only daughter of Count Rushein, I was not allowed to even succeed the counts family because of my display origin. In the end, father pushed my mother to her brink of death just to cheat on her and bring his concubine in as the countess. 

    I ended up as the laughing stock because of my fathers action. It wasn't even enough for him to lock my mother in a closet while pushing her down to her destruction. Making me sick being his daughter, and soon that filthy concubine of his has a child of a boy that they love so much. 

    My father didn't care for me and ended up neglecting me while watching his concubine abuse me for minor reasons. I had enough of them, and ended up running from home while being sheltered in slums like a beggar.

    I suffered so much that it made me bleed, but they said sometimes suffering comes with a blessing where one day a hand will reach out to me. 

    Marquis Rodolph helped me out of the slums. He sheltered me on his roof and taught me various things. The marquis and his beloved wife the marchioness were so kind to a mere neglected child like myself but their warmth had given me more to crave.

    At that time, the Marchioness was 2 months old. Her stomach was not that overweight but it plump as time passess. I was 20 that time, it took me at least 5 months learning medical assessments and everything to know about pregnancy.

    I told the marquis that I wish to become a doctor and without doubt, he asked me questions regardless of my resolve of this matter and when I answered honestly he smiled and nodded patting me on the head then he said something that changed my life forever.

    "I will support you but you'll be a Crambell Scholar, you'll learn under my house and under my rule, that means you can learn as much as you want here, there are doctors who can focus on your growth and your knowledge here as well. " 

    I was accepted as a scholar, although it ended with me quitting the medical academy. He supported me and I acted as a scholar of the Crambell Family, while working so hard the month since I came to his residence. 

    The marquis had helped me attain this life, this course and laid me with no disappointment. His dedication to teach me, and support me had ended up to result which he was satisfied with. 

    Now, a call from the Crambell Family had me awaken the whole night before we were able to reach the residence. The knights were polite of me and escorted me inside the mansion. 

    I could even feel the strange atmosphere inside the Crambell Abode, and servants scattered at the main building, others had been distressed and I saw familiar faces as we reached the upper floor. When we were there, the doctors that I know, the pharmacist and priest were at the end of a crowded room which I guess would be the patient room.

    The knight escorting me stood in front of the door and bowed. "Milord, Lady Elise is here. " 

--+-•-+--

    You would never guess what happened. When I was called to the Marquis Residence, they only told me that the lady of the house fell ill in which I thought it was just a small sickness or maybe something curable if I may say. Many of us, like doctors, physicians and even priests had taken a look at the lady's condition. 

    I never met the lady before but I was the one who gave birth to her mother, so I know from the start that the baby is weak and fragile. I have seen her myself, and honestly I couldn't guess if she was normal or not, that baby has those slashing eyes that pull down the road making you think you are in a paradise, she resembles the marquis couple so much.

    I never would have thought I would come to see her again, after 10 years. Eventually, our meeting is not as great as how ladies would pounder in excitement, bringing you to tea house and giving you tea— instead, I met a lady in this state. 

    I have done my diagnosis on her, the other doctors left as well and the other priest did the same. No one was able to find anything wrong with her condition, until of course there is knowledge inaccessible by everyone. 

    The lady is in a bad position. I don't think a doctor is the right one to ask about these kinds of symptoms. I have less knowledge in mental issues, nor am I aware of it. However, I have met various people and other medical students who know about mental health. 

    I am just unsure. My knowledge is lacking and as I can see from her breathing and her palm, this is something no doctors or priests have the ability to fix, I myself know that. 

    I turn around to look at the marquis seating on the sofa, as well as the knights protecting the entrance and the servants that decreased from eavesdropping outside the door because now it was close, only I, the marquis, the ladies knight and her personal maid as well as her was left in this room. 

    "Marquis, " I called and stood up in front of him. 

    "Have you not allowed the lady to do what she wants? Unable to let her go and enjoy her youthful— let me get straight, I told you that my lady is weak and fragile but I never said that you'll keep her overprotected, " when she was born, she's weak and fragile but not letting her do some few physical contacts and enjoying the days outside looking at the capital or town, or going on a vacation will only worsen her body from getting fix. 

    "Watch it, dame, I know that but you said her body will eventually collapse if she over strain herself! " I said that in spite of having no ill intention, I said that because he might have gone too far with his overprotective method against a 10 year old child. 

    "Yes I said that but lack of physical practices can increase the pain on her body, however, the fault is not because of that. " I looked at the distance we're the lady was laying, before I shook my head. "My knowledge is lacking to confirm, not even a physician or priest can do something about this, it is not part of our job status. " 

    He looked at me and asked. "Then who can help us? If not you? " 

    "Marquis, I will recommend the person for you, he has knowledge over mental issues— probably for the best as well, let her rest. He will take time to come since the person came from far north, in the neighboring empire. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 40 33
A girl who only got shown hatred and disgust, she dies at the hands of her adoptive sister that everyone knows and loves. Her sister is from a place...
120 10 9
What would you do if you were given another chance to live? Most people would take the blade to become the hero or an adventurer. Some want power...
46.3K 4K 67
Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had to, put Lizzie at the center of such repe...
6.7K 261 32
A servant's daughter befriends the prince and finds an unlikely friendship. One that would be greatly scrutinized. Pushed and pulled, the prince has...