Saved

By ranger2008

Isabella Rose Romano A 13 year old to which love is something very unfamiliar to her. Having grown up in the... More

Characters
Chapter 1: Punishment Room
Chapter 2: School
Chapter 3: News
Chapter 4: The Driver
Chapter 5: Coming Home
Chapter 6: Unfamiliar
Chapter 7: Brothers
Chapter 8: Rules
Chapter 9: Fear
Chapter 10: It's Ok
Chapter 11: New School Part 1
Chapter 12: Shopping
Chapter 13: New School Part 2
Chapter 14: Friends?
Chapter 15: The Dinner
Chapter 16: John
Chapter 17: Panic Attack
Chapter 18: My Truth
Chapter 19: Calling in the Calvary
Chapter 20: She's Crazy
Chapter 21: Hospital
Chapter 22: Nonna is Home
Chapter 23: Meeting the Family
Characters part 2
Chapter 24: Bonding
Chapter 25: Lost Sanity and a Hair Emergency
Chapter 27: Chased
Chapter 28: Stitches
Chapter 29: Their Truth
Chapter 30: Dealing with the Bully
Chapter 31: Birthday Party

Chapter 26: Hailey Whitlock

17.8K 357 76
By ranger2008

"Bullying is killing our kids. Being different is killing our kids and the kids who are bullying are dying inside. We have to save our kids whether they are bullied or they are bullying. They are all in pain." -Cat Cora

Isabella POV

"Luca del sole, come on you need to wake up it's time for school. I woke up late so we're all running late today." The voice of Mateo woke me from my slumber, pulling away the covers and taking Miss Snuggles out of my arms. (sunshine)

I blink my eyes adjusting to the light coming into my room. My eyes finally adjusting to the light, locking in on my brother's smiling but worried face. "I'm sorry that we're late, I know how excited you were to be going back to school." Mateo apologized the smile he had on his face leaving him being replaced with his hardly used frown. His honey colored eyes showing exactly how sorry he is.

"It's fine Mateo, really, go get ready yourself. I'll be ready in a couple minutes." Mateo nods his head, leaving my room to go get himself ready for school. I'm so glad I took that shower last night.

I hurriedly make my way to my walk in closet to change into clothes for school. I scan my closet looking for a decent outfit to change into. My face lights up as I decide on the perfect outfit. A simple white t-shirt paired with blue jeans ripped at the knees, throwing on a light grey cardigan just incase I get cold due to it being almost October. Quickly putting on my white sneakers to go with my outfit. I tie the end of the t-shirt to make it look a little cuter.

I take my hair out of the braid I had put it in last night, with the hopes of it curling. I take a look at it in the mirror, it looks decent enough. I go to my bathroom to put in some hairspray to help it stay in place throughout the school day.

A knock sounds from my door and Ilias walks in rubbing his eyes, clearly tired. He plops down on my bed. I walk over to my bed, sitting down next to my tired twin brother which he takes as an invitation to lay his head on my shoulder. We sit in comfortable silence waiting for one of our brothers to shout from downstairs saying it was time to go. Strange he's normally cheerful in the mornings.

Ilias and I have gotten really close since I've gotten here. We've told each other a lot about one another, of course I still have my secrets and-I'm sure-Ilias still has his own that we've yet to tell. I do know his crush though and apparently, it's Anthony. Which I do find it weird that my brother's crush is one of my friends but nonetheless I think they would make an adorable couple. I'm not sure if Anthony likes boys or not as it hasn't really come up but I still have high hopes.

The shout finally comes from downstairs. Ilias lazily gets up rubbing his eyes once more before taking my hand in his and leading us downstairs. "What time did you go to sleep tonight?" I asked Ilias as we walked down the never ending stairs.

"Oh, I don't know like 5:50 or something like that." My brother replied nonchalantly, letting out a small yawn. My eyes widen to the size of saucers and I turned my head to him fast enough that I'm a bit surprised I didn't get whiplash.

"What were you doing until so late at night? You do know bedtime is at 12, right?" I interrogated my brother. He does realize he only got an hour of sleep last night!, and he wouldn't have even gotten that much if Mateo hadn't woken up late! What if he falls asleep during class and then dad finds out that he stayed up past bedtime and then Ilias will end up in trouble and then who knows what type of punishment he'll get! I take a deep breathe trying to calm myself.

It's fine Isabella, dad isn't like them. I remind myself, snapping back to reality.

"I don't know I was just on my phone and I wasn't checking the time but I'll be fine. I'm sure I can make it through the day." Ilias explained as we finally made it to the last of the stairs.

"Come on you two, we're already running late! Go to my car I'm taking you guys to school today." Mateo informed us, throwing 2 red apples, hurriedly putting on his jacket and a beanie.

...

I walked into science behind Ilias. 2 more minutes and we would have been late. Heads of our classmates turned towards us as we walked in but once everyone saw it was just us they went back into their previous conversations. Ilias gave me a little wave as we parted ways. I took my assigned seat next to Mia.

"You're back! We've missed you, deeply. Calista was about ready to file a missing persons report. We were all so worried about you, I mean you just stopped coming to school and we don't have your phone number, which we really need to get btw, and when Anthony asked Ilias during gym what happened to you Ilias went red faced and just left to the bathroom. I mean who just walks away when a concerned friend of your sister asks you a question! I mean come on what is wrong with people these days!" Mia rambled on, shaking her head disapprovingly. "Anyways, why were you missing school?" Mia asked with her eyes looking deep into my soul. Would it be wrong to not tell the truth? Can I just say I was sick? Do broken ribs count as sick?

"Oh um, I w-was a-a little si-sick and, um, then-" I stammered trying to avoid her focused gaze. Mia let out a small giggle .

"Isa, you are not good at telling lies. You know you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to." Mia stated. "Anyhow, there is someone I want to warn you about." Mia began, her entire demeanor changing. I furrowed my eyebrows together, I've never seen her this worried before.

"Who?"

"Hailey Whitlock. She's been obsessed with Ilias since 2nd grade. And she got back from her month long vacation this week and after she heard about you and Ilias being close she's been interested about you to say the least." I know Ilias only tells those he's close to and our family his sexuality since he doesn't want anyone to see him differently but right now I wish that this Hailey knew he was gay too. I feel sort of bad that she's been hooked on Ilias for so long.

"Does she know we're brother and sister? Does she know that my last name is Romano?" Mia nodded her head yes.

"Hailey thinks you just introduce yourself as a Romano. From what I've heard she believes that you can't be a Romano or else we all would have known about you sooner." Mia explained, I looked at my friend blankly trying to process what she has just told me. "She's a little coo coo, especially when it comes to Ilias ." Mia said, spinning her finger around her head to signify crazy. I laughed at her antics just as Mr. Steed stood up from behind his desk.

"Alright class, homeroom is over pull out your science text book and flip to page 127 please." Mr. Steed announced to our class, his instructions followed by loud groans of annoyance.

...

Lunch finally came around and all 8th graders filed into the cafeteria. I walked to our normal table that is located in the corner of the room. I can already see the bright red curls belonging to Calista. Calista doesn't like messing with her hair so she just leaves her hair alone. With how curly her hair is it only goes a little past her shoulders but if the occasion ever  happened I think her hair would probably reach her mid back.

Calista's forest green eyes are hidden by an overly large pair of glasses that make her eyes look much bigger than they actually are. Her glasses started falling down her face from looking down at her book, she picked her head up to push them back up again that was when I know she saw me as her mouth began to gape open.

"Isa, where have you been! I was so worried, I could barely do my homework or read my books!" Calista yelled, her loud voice making some heads at the nearby tables turn to look at what was happening. I speed walked the rest of the way to our table with my cheeks suddenly feeling a little warm from the looks we were getting.

I it down in my regular seat taking deep breathes trying to ease the embarrassment. Calista slammed her book shut, automatically getting my attention. "The next time you miss school for 3 days without warning, I'm going to call the police! So make sure you tell is before you go MIA, alright?" I nodded my head, feeling a little guilt I made them all worry, "Now where's Mia?"

"She went to get her some food. She said she was going to die if she went to Mr. Buckman's class without any food in her system." I answered, Mr. Buckman and Mia absolutely hate each other for some reason. Mia refuses to tell me why and Calista and Anthony said that Mia threatened to kill them if they told anyone.

"Sounds like Mia, Anthony said he forgot something in class so he went back to get it really quick so should get here soon though." Calista elaborated for me.

"Oh, and Ilias got ISS so you probably won't be seeing him your next class together." Calista stated, already opening her book back up to begin reading once more.

"What did he do to get ISS?" I half shouted, half whispered.

"He fell asleep in class and when the teacher woke him up he called her the b word, and then he just walked out of classroom saying he was going to ISS for the rest of the day so he could sleep peacefully. So I guess he didn't really get ISS seeing has he gave it to himself." Calista shared. Acting as if it was a normal occurrence.

Ilias called a teacher the b word, like as in the b word. He called an adult a no-no word! Is he crazy! Does he know how much trouble he can get in for that?

I felt a tap on my shoulder, pulling me out of the mental screaming I was currently doing. The strange thing is that the normally loud and noisy cafeteria that is filled with rowdy students is now quiet enough you can hear a pin drop. I look over my shoulder to see who tapped me. I see a group of girls standing behind me. The one in front who most likely tapped my shoulder looks a bit annoyed while the girls behind her have a look a mischievousness on theirs.

The girl in front had on a blue mini skirt with a white polo shirt tucked into her skirt, her shoes a pair of wedges. Her shiny black hair in a half up, half down look. Her hazel eyes looking me up and down.

The girl on her right wearing very ripped up dark blue jeans and a green cropped tank top. A sweater wrapped around her waist. Finally black converses to top her outfit. Her brown hair had blonde highlights, was straightened and it almost reached her butt. Her brown eyes were fixated on the girl beside her.

The one on the left was wearing a pair of black leggings, a cropped white hoodie, and white sneakers that look almost exactly like mine. Her brunette hair pulled into a high ponytail, her green eyes glancing between the me and the girl in front of her.

Are they cold? Those clothes don't look like they can keep anyone warm.

All eyes in the cafeteria focused on us, no one having the courage to speak. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Calista looking like she was about to barf. I decided to break the silence, the intense atmosphere becoming too much.

"H-hi, I'm Isa-Isabella Romano. N-ni-nice to meet y-you." I murmured holding my hand out for the girl to shake. The group of three girls in front of me looked like I had 3 eyes. The girl in front of the group snapped out of it first, leaning down to my ear.

"We both know that your not a Romano. So you can stop lying about that right now. Wanna know how I know your not a Romano?" I hesitantly shook my head yes, "because no Romano could ever be as weak and as pathetic as you are. The name Romano itself invokes fear. Unless you want the whole school to know your deepest darkest secret, and believe me I can make that happen, I suggest you leave my Ilias alone." She whispered into my ear, hatred clear in her voice. I gulped, my fingernails digging into the skin on my sweaty palms.

She stood back up straight looking down at me with a sweet and innocent smile plastered onto her face, "Oh by the way, my name is Hailey, Hailey Whitlock." She sneered. Walking away with the 2 girls following behind her. As soon as they took their seats at a table the students in the cafeteria resumed their conversations, while I sat in the same position as before. My whole body trembling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick A/N

I am so sorry this took so long to write but I lost all motivation. I could not think of what to write and didn't feel like writing. I am truly sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and give me feedback on how you like the story so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 9.2K 52
The Romano family always had one saying 'Family over anything' Which they stuck to, especially after the disappearance of their youngest daughter...
831K 29.3K 59
Sequel to The Family I Hate. COMPLETE ✅ You gotta read that book first or this will make no sense. ___________ "You'...
1.1M 20.7K 55
After her dad died and brother went missing she has always felt empty inside. Sofia and her daughter, Sienna have finally got the chance to escape fr...
508K 13K 34
Sequel to 'Their principessa' || read the first to understand Cover by @_navyblueee_ ~~~~~ Isabella Cortello-Moratti. A girl who had many dreams, all...