catgirl ! crushed (nightwing)...

By lucyluhvs

3rd book in the main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: After things g... More

«intro»
«prologue»
«chapter one: a new team»
«chapter two: run-ins and rescues»
«chapter three: keeping the peace»
«chapter four: santa prisca»
«chapter five: companions»
«chapter six: shadows»
«chapter seven: questions»
«chapter eight: friends»
«chapter nine: trust»
«chapter ten: the circus»
«chapter eleven: what now»
«chapter twelve: the past»
«chapter thirteen: the team»
«chapter fourteen: thanksgiving»
«chapter fifteen: bad ideas»
«chapter sixteen: brooke's plan»
«chapter seventeen: meta-brawl»
«chapter eighteen: anti-life equation»
«chapter nineteen: family annoyances»
«chapter twenty: getting under someone's skin»
«chapter twenty-one: memories»
«chapter twenty-two: anti-life»
«chapter twenty-three: bedlam»
«chapter twenty-four: revision»
«chapter twenty-five: starting over»
«chapter twenty-six: a celebration»
«chapter twenty-seven: more problems»
«chapter twenty-eight: one of ours»
«chapter twenty-nine: a caged cat sings»
«chapter thirty: complications»
«chapter thirty-one: game night»
«chapter thirty-two: rescue and search»
«chapter thirty-three: date night?»
«chapter thirty-four: ego and superego»
«chapter thirty-five: zenith and abyss»
«chapter thirty-six: over and out»
«chapter thirty-seven: back in gotham»
«chapter thirty-eight: consequences»
«chapter thirty-nine: waking up»
«chapter forty: making moves»
«chapter forty-two: going after him»
«chapter forty-three: empty threats»
«chapter forty-four: slipping away»

«chapter forty-one: getting him back»

776 46 157
By lucyluhvs

___________________

___________________

BROOKLYN'S POV

It's been a day. One painful day of me pacing around wishing someone would let me do something, and being told not to. The only reason I am listening is because I know they can't lose two people.

Alex watches me with worry, "Maybe he went to see his mother and-"

"Alex, he would have told me," I shake my head. "Damian is not an open person but he wouldn't just leave..." I trail off before adding, "Well, he would but he would usually tell at least one person or leave a clue as to where he was." I shake my head, "Besides, Tim found the last place he was and there is evidence of a fight."

And the marks on the floor, on the walls, all match the ones I made when I was fighting the damn owls.

He sighs and hangs his head, "I just don't like seeing you so stressed. We will find the kid, I promise. Besides, from what I have seen, he is tough... Hell, he probably has them exactly where he wants them," He jokes, making me smile, but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"Thank you," I mutter, looking down for a few moments, "For being there for me with everything."

Alex stayed with me through most of my recovery. I didn't expect it, but it was sweet. He also didn't trust going back to our house, which made sense.

"You don't have to thank me, Brooke," He reassures me, standing from his spot on the chair in my room. "I care about you a lot more than I think I should be admitting to you," He says looking at the floor, "And I know you still may have feelings for him... I just wish you wouldn't," He adds quietly before his eyes meet mine again, "But until then I am going to be there for you regardless of whatever is going on between us."

I stare at him, unsure of what to say as the tension shifts.

He doesn't seem to know either. So we both just stay silent, me folding my laundry as he sits in the room like a guard dog by my door.

We stay like that until I am done and he decides he wants a snack. I say no to one and it seems like the right choice because as soon as he opens the door, Dick knocks on it.

Dick's eyes shift from Alex to me before Alex says, "I'm gonna go get that snack."

I watch as Dick closes the door behind him.

"Any news?" I question, my eyes finding his, ignoring the awkwardness of him seeing Alex.

Both of us couldn't give a shit about that stuff right now. Not when they have Damian. Relationship drama is not my concern right now.

"No," He frowns, "We are trying, but-"

"Dick," I run a hand through my hair, "I don't understand. I don't get how this happened. How did it go from me being targeted to really it's you they want? How did Damian get kidnapped? How-"

"Damian is stubborn and strong willed," He cuts me off. He smiles as if remembering a good memory, moving deeper into the room, closer to me, "I sometimes think he learned it from you."

He looks up at me, and my heart rate quickens at how he is looking at me. I shake my head, "It's probably is his genes, but the recklessness and going out on his own even though we told him not to, that one may be on me."

He chuckles a little, "Don't completely blame yourself. We all did it at some point."

"Sometimes I think Damian is karma for everything I put others through," I voice, making him smile a little, and I find myself smiling too.

"He is my karma too. Good and bad," He whispers, his eyes on the floor between us again.

We fall into a silence before I mutter, "We can't lose him. We can't lose anyone." His eyes slowly meet mine. "I won't lose any of you," I shake my head before I whisper, "It's Damian, Dick. They have Damian. How are we going to get him back?"

"We will," He reassures me, "Brooke, I promise you I will get him back to us safely. We will figure out a plan and we will get him back. Barbara is looking through everything she can, Jason and Tim are out searching now while Bruce contacts everyone he can about this."

"I should be out there," I shake my head, "I should be helping." I impulsively look for my suit.

"Brooke, you are still healing-"

"IT'S DAMIAN," I all but shout at him. My eyes looking at his trying to get him to understand. I have a responsibility for him. I know Dick feels the same way. Yes Damian is not my blood, but he is... I feel responsible.

I just didn't realize he viewed me as that either. Not until I found out he had listed Dick and I as his emergency contacts at school. And that thought right now is breaking me.

"I know," He closes his eyes painfully, "Trust me, I know. But you are going to have to trust me. This isn't your situation. It's mine. They are targeting me. I promised you if you weren't out looking then I wasn't either but because of that, I need you to follow my lead and trust me."

We did promise that. That fact is the only reason I am not out right now looking for Damian. If I am off the streets then Dick is too.

I throw my suit down, and sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"Not to be rude, but why are you here then?" I question, turning to face him again. "You don't have an update, you have nothing new. Why are you spending time here then?"

He studies my face for a few moments before he says softly, "Because I care about you."

My eyes lock on him, making me question, "You came just to check on me?"

"Like I said," He admits, "I care about you, Brooke." I open my mouth to say something, but I am not sure what. I close it as he adds, "They knew hurting you would get to me, Brooke, and they weren't wrong." He walks closer to me, and before I even realize I've backed up, he pins me to the wall, his body so close to mine that I can't move past him without touching him.

"Dick-" I cut off as he looks down at me, his finger tips tracing up my arm, sending tingles through out it. His eyes stare so tensely at me I hardly feel it though, my senses feeling blurred and overcome with him. His scent is all I breathe in as I take a shallow breath in, making my senses go haywire.

"Brooke," He mutters back as if I only meant to say his name and wasn't trying to say more.

His eyes fall to my mouth, causing my heart rate to quicken. I shake my head, "You are going to regret this," I whisper my eyes falling to his too, "Don't. Because you are going to hate me for it."

Because if you kiss me then I won't be able to stop myself from kissing back. And I can't go another year, another week, another day, another second with you hating me.

"I can't ever hate you," He says lowly, his eyes flickering between mine, "Not truly." He brushes my hair behind my shoulder, his eyes watching as he does so before he looks back at me.

I feel intoxicated as shake my head, "You are worried about Damian," I point out as his fingertips brush against my collarbone, his touch so soft I almost feel like I am imagining it. "You don't want to do anything you will regret."

"I won't regret this," He shakes his head before he turns it, his nose brushing against my cheek. His other hand moves to tilt my chin up as he moves behind my ear, pressing a kiss to my skin that causes my breath to hitch. "If anything, I regret not doing it sooner. And if I don't, I will regret not doing it at all." He whispers in my ear, causing multiple shivers to travel down my spine before he presses another kiss to my neck.

I feel his hand move to my waist, holding me gently, confusing me a little because he always held me tightly as if I were going to slip through his fingers if he didn't.

Even then, as he presses a kiss on my jaw, I can't help but close my eyes, leaning into his touch.

"Damian-" I open my eyes, trying to keep my thoughts together, but I can't focus when he his this close, not when I've missed him for so long. Not when I've been relieving moments like this, wishing they were still real and that they would happen again.

"I've got it handled, Brooke," He murmurs against my skin, his hand snaking to my back where he presses me closer to him, almost in a hug.

He brushes his nose against mine, his eyes looking down at me with different emotions swimming in them.

I bring my hands up, pressing them to his chest, slowly brushing his jaw with my fingertips, scared that if I do much more that I will cause him to snap out of whatever mindset he is in right now.

His hand disappears from my back as he tips my head up and slowly kisses me, my eyes closing as I kiss him back. My heart beat pounds in my ears as his lips work slowly against mine.

The hand on my waist moves to my back, pressing me into him, and I move one hand to his neck.

My heart beats loudly as we part, my eyes barely open as I look at him. It's only
then that I realize something is wrong as I feel a prick on my leg. My eyes widen as whatever it is takes affect quickly, my body feeing heavy.

"Wha-no!" I get out, trying to push him away, but he holds me to him, his eyes looking down at me in pain. "No." I plea, my eyes starting to double as panic sets in my chest.

"I'm sorry," He whispers, his eyes fill of guilt and sorrow as he holds my body to him, his arm going under my legs to pick me up.

I want to push him away, but whatever he gave me is working fast. That's probably on purpose because he knew I would kick his ass for whatever he is planning.

"No," I mutter, my fists pushing weakly against his chest, my eyes getting heavy as my world blurs. "Dick, please..." I nearly sob.

"I'm sorry," He whispers against my head as he walks to the bed and sets me down gently.

My eyes close before the rest of my body shuts down and when I try to open them again, they don't respond.

No, no, no, no, no-

I feel him run a hand through my hair, smoothing it out and away from my face as he presses a kiss for my forehead and whispers, "I've got a plan, Iubirea mea."

My love.

I slip under before I can comprehend his last words, the drug taking full affect.

________________________________

A/N:
merry christmas and happy holidays!! thank you all for the love and support.

as a special treat i am posting two times today!! This was the second time :) i hope yall loved it and i will keep writing so yall can have more!

i really want to hear from you guys so plz comment to me <3 also ignore any mistakes, my sister didn't want to read it tonight so they will be fixed later; i wanted to get y'all the update anyways.
____

how are y'all feeling?
was the angst good?
did you see that coming?
how do you think this will end up?
did you like it?
any other thoughts?
favorite parts?
are you excited for the next one?
what do you want to see specifically? more jealousy for someone? any flashbacks?
_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 2.5K 102
BOOK 1 *This book is currently under editing. I'm not changing the plot at all, just correcting some grammar. It's a few years old and I've improved...
91.1K 4K 57
Now calling herself "Jade," a girl must delve into the risky business of cat burglary in attempts to keep her sister safe from a dangerous past. As t...
207K 6.7K 51
!!UPDATED AS OF JUNE 2022!! book 2 out of 3 in my main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: After a rough star...
1.1K 13 9
It's been a year since the Death of Jane Greyson-Wayne, AKA Blue J. Dick has been missing his sister, but has moved on. He knows that she would want...