The Rogue King {18+} (Book 2)

By chelseaxxm123

I was cursed at such a young age, abandoned by my own wolf and the Moon Goddess for something that wasn't in... More

Copyright and Warning!!
Do Not Skip!!!
1. My First Injury
2. Escaped Prisoner
3. Predator and Prey
4. A Blue Moon
5. You're Mine To Play With
6. You're Only as Strong as Your Greatest Weakness
7. There's No Reasoning with a Monster
8. Like Old Times
9. The Training Tournament
Character Pictures: Part 1
10. Victory Afterparty
11. Ambush
12. A Human Trophy
13. The Cells It Is Then
14. Dangerous Threats
15. I Wasn't Prepared To Care
Character pictures: part 2
16. Prove It
17. Don't Ask Questions You Don't Want To Hear The Answers To
18. Hostile Territory
19. A Little Too Much Wine
20. Struggling With The Decisions I'm Making
21. I Won't Stop Until We're Miles Apart
22. Drain Her Dry
23. I Am Now One
24. Extended Prison Sentence
25. A Rock and a Hard Place
26. Shock, Acceptance and A Heartbroken She-Wolf
27. A Gift Worthy Of A Luna
28. This Won't Work Without Trust
29. I Want To See Your Wolf
30. Too Much Wine... Again
31. Is This The Bond or Something Else?
32. A War Is Brewing
33. The Dreams
34. I Won't Let You Leave My Side
35. A Bond To Remember
36. We'll Take This Slow
37. Search Party
38. Reunited
39. My First Love
40. I'm All Yours
41. Send The King A Message For Me
42. The King's Fury
43. A Loss Of Control
44. Lesson One: Do What Feels Natural
45. I'll See You In The Morning
46. Explain Your Actions
47. We're Practically Family
48. Your Mate Will Be Everything
49. Not Until I've Spoken to Her
50. A Meeting With The In-laws
51. Let Me Tell You My Truth, Torben
53. Preparing For Peace
54. Let's Get To Work
55. A Moment to Grieve
56. An Attack In The Night.
57. Weeping On A Battlefield
58. We Were Living with An Enemy
59. You Were Always The Prey
60. We Follow the original Plan
61. I'm Going To Make You My Weapon
62. It Begins
63. Forced Against Eachother
64. Taking Back What Was Stolen
65. A Traitor for Love
66. I Need to Feel Whole

52. Heartbreak and Acceptance

1.2K 92 7
By chelseaxxm123

Enjoy the update!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

    I Sat on a cushioned chair, not participating in any conversation. My mother was next to me, talking to Aicha. They appeared to be getting along even when I didn't care for what was being said.

    The tent my father allocated to us was a generous size. The tent itself was made from a strong and resilient material. I could barely hear the rain pounding against it from outside. Inside the tent walls and floor were royal blue and the cream cushioned sofas were covered pillows of different shades of blue.

    Comfortable enough.

    We were also given wine and food, served by my father's servants. And guards surrounded us, mostly for my mother's protection. I knew she didn't need it but that was my father for you. Torben had orders that his guards be around, too. They were similar in that way.

    Hours later, my mind was still on my mate and what he was going through. He still hadn't come back. He was hurt and out there in the rain alone. I know he needs time, but I didn't want him to go through this alone.

    And I was angry. Angry at my father for telling my mate something so heart-breaking, especially during such a rocky time. Trust was needed if we were going to survive this war and this alliance, and my father put that at risk.

    I had been seething for too long and needed to speak to him.

    Ezlyn was back to human form, dressed in fine clothes, offered to her by my mother. A warm fitted, white top and cream, loose fitting bottoms. She was cozied up with her female warriors, whispering and giving suggestive, side-long glances to my father's guards around the room. The guards shifted and struggled to pretend not to notice the female gazes openly watching them. They weren't used to woman being so forward.

    Ezlyn's eyes finally met mine from across the tent and I gave her a look that told her I needed to speak to her privately. Concerned, she rose from her comfortable spot on the couch, and I did the same, forcing those around me to look up at me.

    Felice stood immediately. "Is everything okay, Asmara?"

    My mother and Aicha paused there conversation.

    "I'm fine. You can stay here with my mother and Aicha, I'm just having Ezlyn take me to the ladies room." She was the only one I trusted right now to take me where I wanted to go, no questions asked. Felice would only argue around every corner. His loyalty to Torben ran too deep.

    Ezlyn was next to me, taking my arm to lead me away and I was so grateful for her assistance. "Don't worry, Felice. I'm not going to lose her."

    Felice looked like he wanted to insist on escorting me himself but my mother surprisingly interfered. "She's my daughter and she's surrounded by wolven's she's known her entire life. She'll be fine for five minutes."

    Felice bit his tongue, not wanting to offend my mother by possibly insulting members of her pack that she trusted with her own life. He forced himself to sit back down and said, "Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it."

    "I'm sure you didn't." My mother responded, unconvinced, meanwhile, giving me and Ezlyn a wink that told us to get going.

    Ezlyn refrained from laughing and had me moving before Felice could change his mind. But after that I don't think he would. "So," She whispered, mischief dancing in her hazel eyes, "What sort of trouble are we getting ourselves into that will make Felice lose his mind?"

    She really loved getting on the wrong side of him.

    "I need to speak to my father." I walked further out of the tent and towards the outdoors where rain was still pouring. "And you're the only one I knew would take me there without worrying what Torben might think or say about it."

    "It's not as exciting as I would have liked." The mischief left her eyes when she looked out at the cold and wet outdoors and then at herself. She was in such warm and cosy clothes that she hated the idea of getting cold and wet. She didn't hesitate though, confirming my assumption that she'd be the best person to come with me to my father's office.

    "Two cloaks please." I gave the guard at the exit a smile, hoping it would deter him from asking too many questions.

    He still looked very sceptical.

    Ezlyn stepped in between the guard and me, batting those eye lashes of hers. "If you'd be so kind, now would be good."

    The guard blinked at her and shuffled back, nervous. "Of course, General." So, he knew who she was then. A quick bow of his head at me. "Just a moment, princess."

    Now he manages to find his manners. It didn't sit right with me how Ezlyn had to get them out of him.

    When he returned, Ezlyn grabbed the black, fur cloaks from him and put one in my arms. She stepped into his space again as I watched, pressing her chest against his. "Thank you very much."

    He coughed and choked on his words, blushing like a fool. "Y-you're erm... very welcome."

    "Come on." Impatient, I dragged her away and outside. It was freezing and the rain was reduced to a light trickle, but still enough to get us wet. My teeth were chattering while I struggled to do up my cloak. "You have most of my father's guards scared and uncomfortable."

    Ezlyn smirked, wrapping her cloak around herself. "Nonsense, I'll have that male in my bed by tonight. Men fear a strong female because they realise how much they enjoy being dominated and they're egos can't handle it."

    "Is it because they feel the need to be seen as the dominant one?"

    "Exactly."

    We walked through the camp. It was extra noisy and busy tonight, tents were being packed up, food was being stored as well as belongings being put into bags.

    "Everyone's leaving." I was confused. The alliance hadn't been finalised yet and my father was getting everyone ready to go home. Did this mean the deal was off?

    "What do you think that means?" Ezlyn asked me.

    "I don't think it's good." I spotted Rylan and Hunter ordering guards what to pack and move. "Come on," I told Ezlyn.

    Hunter spotted me when I reached them. He was a little reserved, still not on good terms with me. "Asmara, Is everything alright?" His blue eyes slid to Ezlyn, regarding her without emotion. He was in the middle of securing a horse to a carriage, loaded with most of the heavy equipment that would be difficult to move otherwise.

    I didn't bother to hide my anger and disappointment. "You're all leaving, aren't you?"

    Hunter didn't deny it and Rylan sent someone on their way to do a job when he heard me and walked closer. "Your father has ordered us to pack up camp." Rylan said and that was pity in his eyes. I turned away, fear in my chest as I watched everyone prepare to go. To leave before the alliance could even be formed. "Half of the camp are leaving today."

    That fear grew when I saw the many coaches lined up and being boarded, ready to go as soon as the command was made.

    "And the rest?" I looked to him again, pinned him with my stare. Ezlyn did the same, waiting.

    "Leaving tomorrow."

    My stomach sank, no. Not yet.

    "Why now?" Ezlyn asked when I couldn't bring myself to. My chest felt tight.

    "We can't say. Not out here," Hunter said to her, aware of the others around us, still packing up camp. Ezlyn frowned, studied him close, both of them and her frustration grew when both their faces yielded nothing.

    "That's not good enough." I spat and walked around them, Ezlyn following close.

    "Where do you think your going?" Hunter demanded.

    "Where else?" I retorted. My father had better explain himself when I get there.

    "He's in a meeting with Victor." Rylan hurried after me and froze when Ezlyn gave him a warning growl.

    "Don't force me to bite you." Rylan must have saw how serious her threat was because he didn't come any closer and Hunter didn't bother to say anything either. Satisfied, she continued to follow me, walking into my father's tent. Rylan must have given the guards a mind-link command because neither of them moved to stop us from going inside.

    "How could you?" I stopped in the middle of my father's tent, Ezlyn at my side with her arms crossed.

    My father froze his conversation with Victor and stared at me. He knew this conversation was coming by his lack of surprise.

    Victor turned in his chair that was opposite my father's from across the table, a scrunched document in his hand that was fisted in anger. I'd bet anything that document was the alliance contract in his scrawny, frail hand. His eyes landed on me and then Ezlyn and the look he gave us made my blood boil. Did we upset him by interrupting him? Good. Fuck him and what he thought of any of this.

    "Leave." And take your opinions with you.

    "How dare you!" Victor roared, standing up and shaking his fist in the air. I saw the document in his hand more clearly and it was in fact the alliance contract. He turned to my father. "Have you taught your daughter no manners?"

    I could feel Ezlyn smirking from beside me, but I only stared at the outraged man with a bruised ego. My father only shook his head. "I apologize, Victor. We will have to continue this meeting another time. Does tomorrow work for you?" My father was calm, his face not revealing any emotions.

    Victor fisted the document more. I wasn't even sure he was breathing as he stared down at my father, angered and disbelieving. My father took his silence as acceptance. "Good, then I'll see you tomorrow."

    Victor muttered filthy profanities as he stalked across the room and left, leaving the room feeling tense and stuffy.

    I spoke quietly to Ezlyn. "Go outside and wait for me. I won't be long."

    Ezlyn glanced at my father, reminded herself that I'd be fine left alone with him and then walked out, not a sound of refusal from her. Victor could learn a thing or two from the she-wolf.

    I walked toward him and stopped behind the chair that Victor had been sitting in and pressed my nails into the wood of the head rest. "Was this your plan all along?"

    He had the audacity to look confused. "What plan?"

    I gripped the chair tighter, feeling the wood beneath my nails. "To provoke Torben. To shatter any chance at an alliance with him by provoking him to the point he wanted to kill you on the spot!" I yelled at him, feeling the tears begin to fall. "Do you hate the idea of peace that much?" I whispered.

    A sadness began to linger in his eyes, and I saw his fear for the first time. My father was afraid. The man who had always been a solid force to be reckoned with was staring at me and there was fear there. "No. What I said to him was the truth and yes, a part of me wanted to hurt him for taking you from me, but I didn't mean for us to fight."

    "Then what did you mean to do?" My heart raced and I let the anger fuel me. I wasn't going to falter just because he looked sad and afraid.

    "I simply wanted to justify what happened to his father. His father was a monster and Torben's lived his entire life, believing me the monster."

    "You must have known what that knowledge would do to him. What it would do to this alliance.  I know you hate me for choosing Torben and his pack, but you have to understand what you risked by shoving that information into his face."

    My father was staring at me. "You think I hate you?"

    Is that all he heard?

    I looked away, my nose stinging. "Yes."

    This was the first full conversation we had since we were reunited.

    He stood and I watched him, frozen. When he reached me, his hands settled over mine, feeling how tightly they were wrapped around the wood. He gently pulled them from the chair, splinters of wood lingering beneath my nails when he held them and looked down at me.

    "I'm sorry I've been so cold with you. I didn't do it out of spite, I've been cold because I've been grieving." My brows bunched at that, and a tear slid down my cheek. "I've been grieving my little girl who is no longer here. Instead, she's had to grow, change and become someone who's used to so much hardship. I never wanted any of that for you." One hand released mine to palm my cheek, wiping a tear away with his thumb.

    My face crumpled and I broke. "I know you didn't. I—I've tried to be strong..."

    My father pulled me into his chest, hugged me tightly and let me cry in his embrace. "I'm so scared." I admitted to him. "Your little girls still here, she's just been hiding because I can't risk anyone knowing how terrified I am."

    "Shhh..." He brushed my hair with his hand. "Remember what I taught you? You're only as strong as your greatest weakness. You should never be ashamed of feeling scared. We all feel scared, even me when I thought I'd lost you forever. How could you ever think I'd hate you? I love you. So much."

    When he released me and my crying was reduced to blood-shot eyes and a few stray tears, he wiped them away and said to me with a fierceness that told me it was a promise, "I don't hate the idea of peace, I have craved it for decades. Which is why half the pack is going home and the rest is coming with you and Torben. Once this alliance is finalised tonight, I'm coming back with you and Draven is going to piss himself when he see's us coming."

✨🌗✨

- Torben

    I still felt boiling rage hum beneath my skin. Even as the rain fell to soak my clothes and skin, right down to the toes in my boots. The sound of the rain was the only thing keeping me still as I listened from the broken-down log I had found.

    I had intentions to shift and shred apart this camp. My wolf wanted retribution for the words that left Adrenous' mouth but then it started raining and I saw this log. I felt the need then to sit, to breathe in the rain and think about the consequences that would follow if I had done what I intended. If I had ripped through anyone in my way and tore the camp down, until it was blazing and splattered with blood.

    The answer became clear.

    It would be Asmara that would suffer.

    My mate. My love. My princess and intended future queen.

    She would have suffered if I had let the rage take over my mind and I would be a monster, an evil twisted bastard if I ever let that happen.

    So here I sit, heartbroken and outraged, allowing the rain to soak me until I can no longer feel my hands clawing at the log beneath me. Until the sound of the rain quiets my mind, and I don't have to think about Adrenous and what he said. What he revealed.

    I might have been a child when my father was alive, but I had never been naive.

    I knew my father wasn't a good man. He did things, things even I questioned as a child. When he allied with the vampires and helped them hurt Alivia while she was pregnant was one of them. She was pregnant with Asmara, and I hate to think what would have happened if they had succeeded and Adrenous hadn't gotten her back.

    Where would my mate be now?

    Like fate wanted my mind to stop going down a dark road, Asmara appeared from behind some trees, soaked and cold, but very much here. Alive. Like she was always supposed to be.

    She was shivering but relief filled her gaze as it landed on me. "There you are. Finally."

    I looked around. Suddenly angry by the fact that she was on her own out here and we were miles from the camp. "Why are you out here on your own? And how the fuck did you find me with no one helping you?"

    Felice was supposed to watch her, and I'd be having words with him.

    She was shivering again, and her cloak was dripping wet. Rain was still falling fast and wasn't going to stop anytime soon. I walked to her and took her hand. "Where are we going?"

    "There're some caves up here. We can stay sheltered until the rain stops." Her hands are cold in mine. "And build a fire to get you warmed up and those soaking clothes dry."

    It's only when we reach one of the small caves and the sounds of the rain remain outside, that Asmara stops shivering enough to tell me. "Ezlyn helped me find you. As soon as she had you pinned just a few steps away, I told her to head back."

    My back was to her as I put the few bits of dried wood I could find and some kindling together to make a fire. I still wasn't happy Ezlyn brought her out here, anything could have happened. "Why did you come out here with the risks? Anything could have happened to you."

    Her lips parted in surprise, not expecting me to be so angry. "I'm sorry. You were gone for hours, and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

    "I'm fine." I lied, aggressively bashing two rocks together to create a spark. After a few hits, it worked, and I had a small fire on the go. We'd be lucky if it lasted an hour. I had more wood to add but not enough to keep it going for long.

    Asmara was silent, removing her cloak to place it in front of the fire and then she took a seat close by. I didn't look at her as I moved to the other side of the fire, letting the drops from my wet hair fall down my face as I watched the fire dance around the kindling.

    Minutes passed and Asmara was getting restless in the silence. "Talk to me. Please."

    I looked up at her. She had slicked her wet hair back so all I could see were her eyes, more red than usual from crying. Her white shirt had gone see-through from the rain, and I could make out the curves of her chest as it heaved up and down from her breathing. She had removed her boots too, letting them dry near the fire.

    I sighed and moved to be beside her, letting her hand reach for my hair and push it back from my face. My mother's necklace was around her neck, and I couldn't stand to look at it. I took it in my hands and tucked it into her shirt. Asmara didn't protest or question me on it. "I'm not foolish enough to ever think my father a good man but I never would have thought he'd hurt my mother. He—I didn't think..."

    Asmara took my hand, tears filling her eyes. "I'm sorry." She was so terrified, so afraid to admit to me that it was the truth. "I know my father didn't lie. He wouldn't lie about this, Torben, and I'm so sorry."

    She thought I'd hate her for believing her father.

    "I know."

    She looked at me, surprised as I brushed a tear away.

    "Deep down, I know it's true and if I'm right, I know exactly where my father buried her." And when I find her body and prove to myself what an evil male my father was, I can rest easier, knowing I'm allied with his killer.

    She didn't say anything, letting me brush her tears away and with everything I felt for her, I couldn't fathom how anyone could harm their mate, let alone kill them in cold blood. I didn't think myself weak for having her. She was my everything and I would do anything for her, if it meant I got to keep her forever.

    I'd burn this world down if it got to exist without her in it and if that made me evil as well, so be it.

    "My father still wants the alliance. He's coming home with us tomorrow, as soon as we solidify the alliance tonight."

    "Good." I smiled. It was good, amazing in fact but I didn't care about that right now, I just wanted her. I brought her face closer to mine and kissed her lips slow and steady until her breathing began to quicken. I cupped the back of head and laid her back, safely away from the fire but close enough you could feel the warmth encase you.

    I leaned back and looked down at her. Shadows danced across the left side of her face and her eyes looked glazed. Her wolf peered out at me and mine peered back. A silent promise.

    One of these days, I was going to free her wolf and I'd be the first to watch her shift, to know what freedom really feels like.

    I rested my body above hers, keeping my weight elevated with my arms beside her head, skimming my lips along her neck and then I felt her shudder when I nibbled my mark gently. A gasp passed her lips and then she was taking my face in her hands and bringing my lips back to hers.

    She kissed and nibbled, sucking my lip in between her teeth and then our tongues battled, and I wanted her to win. One of her soft hands held my face to hers while the other wondered my body, feeling my muscles beneath my still-wet shirt, then riding it up my body so she could plant a hand beneath, touching and feeling my skin. I sat up and removed my shirt completely before helping her remove hers and everything underneath, wanting to feel her bare chest against mine.

    Her back arched, pressing her beautiful breasts against my chest as I cupped the back of her head, fisting her hair before ducking my head down to suck in one of her nipples. She moaned and hissed when I bit down gently. Fuck, I could feel myself growing so hard and I knew her pussy would be soaking.

    Impatient, I gripped the hem of her trousers and yanked them down her legs, making her squeal. Her underwear was next to go and when I saw her bare and dripping, I licked my lips, needing a taste.

    She screamed in pleasure when my tongue landed on her clit, twirling and licking, moving up and down her slit until all I could taste and think about was her and how much I wanted to be inside her. But not until I made her cum with my tongue.

    She squirmed beneath me, and I had to press my hand down on her stomach to keep her still. The cave filled with her screams, and it was the most beautiful sound, drowning out the rain outside until it was only us and this cave.

    "Cum, princess." I could feel she was on the edge and as soon as my tongue went back to playing with her clit, she fell apart. Her back arched and her pussy clenched. I could taste her cum, and my cock twitched at the taste. "You taste so fucking good." I whispered, rising to look down at her whilst licking my lips.

    She hazily looked down at me and smiled.

    The sound of me unbuckling my trousers had her heart racing again. I stood and pushed my trousers and underwear down my thick thighs and her eyes immediately went to my cock, hard and twitching under her gaze. I fell to my knees at the look she gave my cock and as soon as my body was aligned with hers, I pushed into her entrance. Her hands were immediately clawing at my back as a strangled moan left her lips when I pressed mine to hers, swallowing and tasting her moans.

    She felt so good and this time I couldn't restrain myself. "I don't think I'm going to be able to be gentle." I whispered onto her lips, sweat coating my brow as I peered down at her.

    Her lips tilted lazily. "I don't want you to be gentle."

    I kissed her again and reminded her, "I love you so much."

    "I love you, too."

    And then I was pulling out and thrusting hard. Fucking her harder than I'd ever fucked her before. She screamed and cried out, her nails burying themselves in my back, surely leaving trails of blood in their wake.

    "Yes, princess. Mark me so the world knows I'm yours," I breathed, jolting her body with my hard thrusts, and feeling her breast bounce up and down violently.

    I pulled out and then shocked her by lifting her up and turning her around, so she was facing away on her knees. And then before she could speak, my cock was thrusting into her entrance again, feeling me hit a deeper, untouched part of her.

    "Fuck, princess, you feel so fucking good." I could feel my balls tighten, my cock growing sensitive with her pussy soaking him until he was sliding in and out, covered in her arousal.

    "Torben!" She screamed my name, her voice surrounding me.

    I felt her tighten around me, hugging my cock so hard, I nearly lost it right then.

    Then she was screaming my name again, falling over the edge and she took me with her. I came so hard, my vision blurred, focused solely on what it felt to have her pussy clenching and unclenching around me, milking my cock for everything I had.

    Spent and exhausted, I rested my head on her back, between her shoulder blades and pressed my lips to her skin. "I love you, Asmara."

    She sighed, satisfied and unable to find words.

    An hour later, cleaned up and dressed with the rain no longer falling, we were ready to head back to camp. I turned to her and smirked. "Let's go and prepare for this war."

    She took my hand and shook her head. "No, let's go and prepare for peace."

✨🌕✨

What do you think will happen next?

Please don't forget to vote and comment! Announcements and updates are now being posted on my Instagram so don't hesitate to follow me on there. Link is in my bio!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 6.7K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
179K 7.8K 55
WARNING: This novel contains depictions of Rape, Abuse and Violence. Read at your own risk. 18 year old Starr has never had it easy in life. Her moth...
140K 2.8K 22
"I am a werewolf." As those words slipped through my lips, my angel looks at me bewildered. "You're a-a- what?" I nod, "A werewolf. But not just any...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...